Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555697 Aug 20, 2014
Martin Luther thought he could get away with ordering Jesus and God to follow his new religion.

Talk about arrogance. He was not at all shy!

He and his lovely ex-nun consummated their relationship with the approval of Jesus and God ... so said Martin.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#555698 Aug 20, 2014
Humans never followed the bible anywhere. They lead it down whichever path they chose to go ... preaching that Jesus and God approved of war, rape, stealing land from others, torturing and murdering others as they went ... bible in one hand and sword in the other.

What a blood-stained history ... and all while they were preaching LOVE of their fellow humans.

Sickening!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555699 Aug 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus took bread and broke it because that's how you share.
A guy can read into Scripture and come to whatever conclusion they want. Nothing can be understood unless you can demonstrate the continuity of the word of God.
Clay,

Why don't you study what I have posted to you?

Get into the Word of God....

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555700 Aug 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, Who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables"
The body of believers (church-"called out") MUST have sound doctrine.....WHAT SAITH THE SCRIPTURES!
Yes there must be a sound doctrine. This I do believe, but sometimes I find that many will teach of the traditions of men and/or opinions. There is enough written in the Bible to preach on so I do not think opinions and traditions of man should be preached.

One believes that watching TV will take you to hell, another a computer, another clothing, hair styles, food, etc. I am talking about opinions and traditions which are not written in the Bible, here. I do not believe any such thing of its own can cause someone to sin. I feel that it is how each thing is done and our personal convictions of these things that matter.

In the Bible it speaks of the the weaker and the stronger person when it comes to eating. One believes that he can the other that he cannot. There is liberty to the one that believes that he can, but if the one who believes it is a sin partakes in it, he has sinned. Now I believe this refers to only those type of things such as food, clothing, hairstyles etc. Traditions which are not written in the Bible. A sin such as adultery, fornication, bitterness, envy, strife, etc. is a sin no matter how you think about it. It is written in the Bible and we all should know it is a sin to do such things.

Prince George, Canada

#555701 Aug 20, 2014
I understand from being in religion that it feels good to believe that a god loves us and is there for us in times of need.

But look around you and be realistic.

Humans that pray and pray and pray are watching their children and their selves starve to death 24/7.

If you believe in the existence of an all-powerful god with a will of its own, then you must believe that it does NOT CARE!

There IS no other answer!

A creator that cared would end suffering of all forms of life IMMEDIATELY and say to self ... "I made a terrible MISTAKE and it's MY DUTY to correct the MISTAKE. I will end the suffering NOW!!!"

Religion is bunk!

Prince George, Canada

#555702 Aug 20, 2014
To those seaching for truth - not the truth of dogma and darkness but the truth brought by reason, search, examination, and inquiry, discipline is required. For faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction - faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.

Thomas Edison

Prince George, Canada

#555703 Aug 20, 2014
The great trouble is that the preachers get the children from six to seven years of age and then it is almost impossible to do anything with them.

Thomas Edison

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555704 Aug 20, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and love covers a multitude of sins and also there is no fear in perfect love. If we love people we will not sin against them and if we love God we will want to please him and thus we will abstain from any sin. So with love we will not have to fear anything not even hell.
So yes I agree she does need to get a good dose of love in her heart!
Amen!!!

Some thing happened in her life that has caused her so much HATE....

The HATE is eating her up inside.....

Instead of laying her burdens at Jesus' feet....she is carrying them on her shoulders....in which she will NEVER have that PERFECT PEACE and PERFECT LOVE that only God supplies......

Prince George, Canada

#555705 Aug 20, 2014
Incurably religious, that is the best way to describe the mental condition of so many people.

Thomas Edison

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555706 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So your faith is based on doubt in the pretense that you have no doubt. If a god existed, it would see that you doubt that the god is just and real, so right away that doubt seals your fate of being rejected to hell.
Theologians were very cunning when they taught that doubters are doomed.
They earned their livings by instilling fear in their (followers). That was their trade. "Doubters beware, as God has no mercy on doubters, BUT he IS very merciful if you don't doubt him."
Poppy cock!
I am telling you that that is the way anyone should live, God knows I don't. I condemn myself by the actions I choose to make, the Judge only sentences me
I do not have a clue to Gods existence or not June, but seems you do, and you're persecuting religion awful hard for someone that doesn't believe it.
You have only left one religion for another, you're not free, hell you're on here 18/6 preaching out against it..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555707 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and I can disagree on your BRAG that you know universal truth and that according to Jesus and God, I am evil for not agreeing with you???
I think NOT!!! I'd rather bring cookies.
You are searching, June.....

You don't even realize it......

Let's Play

#555708 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I understand from being in religion that it feels good to believe that a god loves us and is there for us in times of need.
But look around you and be realistic.
Humans that pray and pray and pray are watching their children and their selves starve to death 24/7.
If you believe in the existence of an all-powerful god with a will of its own, then you must believe that it does NOT CARE!
There IS no other answer!
A creator that cared would end suffering of all forms of life IMMEDIATELY and say to self ... "I made a terrible MISTAKE and it's MY DUTY to correct the MISTAKE. I will end the suffering NOW!!!"
Religion is bunk!
Sometimes we must suffer afflictions in this present world, yet these afflictions keep us humble and our minds upon God and his perfect world to come. We know that if we can overcome afflictions, temptations, and continue on with Jesus Christ there is a brighter day coming.

Moses was to be raised as a child of the Pharaohs daughter. He was rich and did not have to suffer. Yet he chose to suffer and follow God's commandments and lead his people out of Egypt to the promised Land. He did this in order to be a child of God. He sacrificed all and chose to suffer in this present world so that he would never suffer again in the world to come.

Prince George, Canada

#555709 Aug 20, 2014
This kid-preacher (Pentecostal) is now 4 years of age.

He's comparable to a trained monkey, his father and grandfather both being preachers.

http://vimeo.com/27850297

Let's Play

#555710 Aug 20, 2014
Moses was to be raised as Pharaohs daughter's son.....oops and sorry about that

Prince George, Canada

#555711 Aug 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!
Some thing happened in her life that has caused her so much HATE....
The HATE is eating her up inside.....
Instead of laying her burdens at Jesus' feet....she is carrying them on her shoulders....in which she will NEVER have that PERFECT PEACE and PERFECT LOVE that only God supplies......
Do you hate Muslims, or do you just believe that their religion is false?

I don't hate religion ... I just don't believe any of it ... including your idea that Jesus and God exists to support only your Protestant sermons.

That is what angers you to claim that I am full of hate.

If you are honest ... you will see your self for the liar that is YOU!

Prince George, Canada

#555712 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>Sometimes we must suffer afflictions in this present world, yet these afflictions keep us humble
You are HUMBLE when you preach that Jesus and God love only Christians, and specifically only the Christians in your denomination???

THAT is taking a whole lot for granted ... wouldn't you agree???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#555713 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>Yes there must be a sound doctrine. This I do believe, but sometimes I find that many will teach of the traditions of men and/or opinions. There is enough written in the Bible to preach on so I do not think opinions and traditions of man should be preached.
One believes that watching TV will take you to hell, another a computer, another clothing, hair styles, food, etc. I am talking about opinions and traditions which are not written in the Bible, here. I do not believe any such thing of its own can cause someone to sin. I feel that it is how each thing is done and our personal convictions of these things that matter.
In the Bible it speaks of the the weaker and the stronger person when it comes to eating. One believes that he can the other that he cannot. There is liberty to the one that believes that he can, but if the one who believes it is a sin partakes in it, he has sinned. Now I believe this refers to only those type of things such as food, clothing, hairstyles etc. Traditions which are not written in the Bible. A sin such as adultery, fornication, bitterness, envy, strife, etc. is a sin no matter how you think about it. It is written in the Bible and we all should know it is a sin to do such things.
....Ya I think we all know the difference between right and wrong. According to christians we are all sinners. So you are no more holy than anyone else.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555714 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
This early religion was just one of the many fore-"runners" of Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The Sumerian tradition
It is the Sumerian tradition as an interpretation of the oldest remaining texts of humanity and continued through the gnostic tradition of christianity that Earth was the site for a prison of the very worst and evil beings of a higher order race from the a nearby star system.
http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html
The snake/serpent ( satan ) in the garden obviously thought they were being held captive.
I don't think a lot of people can see the relationship between older worship and religion. They are orally passed down and culturally told.
I think all religious worship are directly related from the beginning and translated down to suit them.
Have you seen that place out in Turkey? I can't think of the name, but it dates back like 10,000 years.
The "trios" to me are also a direct connection, but I think they're all the same, Just culturally named and excepted.

Prince George, Canada

#555715 Aug 20, 2014
<
Moses was to be raised as a child of the Pharaohs daughter. He was rich and did not have to suffer. Yet he chose to suffer and follow God's commandments and lead his people out of Egypt to the promised Land. He did this in order to be a child of God. He sacrificed all and chose to suffer in this present world so that he would never suffer again in the world to come.
So why aren't you a Jew faithful to Judaism, rather than a Christian???

Did you take advise from the wrong theologians?

:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555716 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>Yes there must be a sound doctrine. This I do believe, but sometimes I find that many will teach of the traditions of men and/or opinions. There is enough written in the Bible to preach on so I do not think opinions and traditions of man should be preached.
"But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine."

Man is a sinner by choice (free will.)

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."

...admonishes us "that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine…"

Sound doctrine is BUILT on the Word of God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Rosa_Winkel 92,414
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Gabriel 979,330
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 619,214
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 285,972
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
More from around the web