Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#555657 Aug 19, 2014
its written
god say to adam and eva
you make mistake
all your children going to be suffer
truth

Perth, Australia

#555658 Aug 19, 2014
Did you prosecuted me?
yep
you do that
then
Why you think Jesus not exist in suffering and prosecutions?
for 1000 years to be prosecuted=exodus
Are you think you are right I am wrong?
I don't think so.
I wrote that to my accusers and who don't liked me!
now
I know Jesus that you will come!
If you come what they will think who em I?
I am one exactly as they do to you when they accuse you and judged and put on cross!

When I been 6 I have blue swallen hand for 3 years every morning from my atheist teacher.
why
Mother Mary is Jesus Christ mother!

by

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555659 Aug 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst, the world has no original Rom_14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
of the Bible.
I wouldn't be to sure about that if I were you..
One thing for sure....When you stand before God
You will find that God has a record of every sin you have not ask confess and ask forgiveness for.
Personally I believe your mind will become as an open book and you will testify against yourself....Like a recorded tape...being played......
For the Bible says....
Rom_14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Out of YOUR own mouth YOU WILL BE JUDGED..........
Never go sailing without a compass...you will end up a sea...

Every tongue shall confess to God:
Shall own him as their rightful Lord; which shall then only be accomplished in its full extent. The Lord grant we may find mercy in that day; and may it also be imparted to those who have differed from us! yea, to those who have censured and condemned us for things which we have done from a desire to please him, or refused to do from a fear of offending him. Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Those verses have nothing to do with anyone finding that God has a record of every sin they have not confessed and ask forgiveness for. It has nothing to do with the minds of people becoming as an open book and will testify against themselves...

Take courage...you are only 180 degrees off center....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555660 Aug 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH IS IN THE TONGUE,...
Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
THE POWER OF YOUR OWN LIFE AND DEATH IS IN WHAT YOU SAY.../POST
Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
The tongue has no such power.....the parallel verse says: For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

By thy words thou shalt be justified, etc.

That is, words shall be the indication of the true principles of the heart; by words the heart shall be known, as the tree is by its fruit. If they are true, proper, chaste, instructive, pious, they will prove that the heart is right. If false, envious, malignant, and impious, they will prove that the heart is wrong, and will therefore be among the causes of condemnation. It is not meant that words will be the only thing that will condemn man; but that they will be all important part of the things for which he shall be condemned

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555661 Aug 19, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who=" pusherman_"]<quoted text> A child should never fell burdened by an aging parent..
Very commendable of you tho June :)
How was your tea this morning?
----------
In case this is in reference to my post about our son taking us into his home, you got it all wrong.
He is an adopted son, and has told us all of his adult life that he would take care of us, BECAUSE WE TOOK HIM IN AND TOOK CARE OF HIM. He is a fine man, truly grateful, and does not feel 'obligated'. We are proud of him.
It was not and I don't have a clue about what you're talking about, but yeah, sounds like you have a great son.

Location hidden

#555662 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I want to think GOOD thoughts of others. That's in part why I don't believe in religion.
I want to believe that if there is an awareness in a hereafter, it's a utopia for all forms of life.
If only that was true ... wouldn't it be wonderful???
Yes it would be. one never knows June.
One should live as tho there is a hereafter and if there isn't, well at least one tried to do what's right to get there, and if there is, who the hell knows what awaits, religion tells us hell and fire is there for us, waiting like a lion to pounce on our souls......geez, now I'll never go back to sleep :)
Chess

Columbus, OH

#555663 Aug 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
One should live as tho there is a hereafter and if there isn't, well at least one tried to do what's right to get there, and if there is, who the hell knows what awaits, religion tells us hell and fire is there for us, waiting like a lion to pounce on our souls......geez, now I'll never go back to sleep :)
The Christian hell is based on the Greek myth.

Fear not.

United States

#555664 Aug 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Meow June,
I don't privately interpret Scripture... I go with the group who compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it. Without them, we'd never know about it anyway.
-
-
no you don't go to the *group* who "compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it. Without them,"
THAT *group* is long dead - if you are speaking about the humans that were in possession of the Written Word.
-
and it was Hol;y Spirit that *compiled the list*.
-
WITH Jesus and Holy Spirit -- we can NEVER NOT know about it. IOW that is a direct indictment of your church leaders who fought to KEEP the Bible out of the laypersons hands.
-
And as far as YOU not "privately interpreting scripture" ... Well, I guess THAT IS TRUE. You let the PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS of the POPE decide what you believe - that way you don't have to read and study the Bible for yourself and can blame the pope when push comes to .... shove. How convenient for you.
-
You can ignore Jesus' words - and then blame the Pope.
-
Yes. Many people believing the private interpretations of the popes ... allowed themselves to torture and murder .....'cause the pope told them to do it.
And you honestly believe Jesus is communicating to his followers through the Popes.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555665 Aug 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe that there are hells,(many of them according to all the ancient theologians) is to live life in fear that if you escape one hell, you are doomed to suffer in another hell. Because if the Christian hell is real, then surely the Buddhists and Hindu hells and Muslim hell are also real.

If you want to put your faith in fear, that is your right. I don't intend to make such a ridiculous investment with my faith.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555666 Aug 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
but yeah, sounds like you have a great son.
They have a son that feels totally obligated to take care of his adoptive parents.

And that is because his parents are self-centered and EXPECT to move in on their son because now their investment in raising him paid off.

Let's tell it like it is!

People invest in stupid religious nonsense for the same reason. "If I spread bullshit that God is merciful, he will pay me back by being merciful on me when I arrive in the hereafter."

We are all selfish, and to pretend we are NOT selfish makes us appear even more selfish.

Location hidden

#555667 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a son that feels totally obligated to take care of his adoptive parents.
And that is because his parents are self-centered and EXPECT to move in on their son because now their investment in raising him paid off.
Let's tell it like it is!
People invest in stupid religious nonsense for the same reason. "If I spread bullshit that God is merciful, he will pay me back by being merciful on me when I arrive in the hereafter."
We are all selfish, and to pretend we are NOT selfish makes us appear even more selfish.
How do you know how their son feels June?
I am NOT gonna drag them people or their son through the mud talking with you..
good morning to you :)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555668 Aug 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
one never knows June.
So your faith is based on doubt in the pretense that you have no doubt. If a god existed, it would see that you doubt that the god is just and real, so right away that doubt seals your fate of being rejected to hell.

Theologians were very cunning when they taught that doubters are doomed.

They earned their livings by instilling fear in their (followers). That was their trade. "Doubters beware, as God has no mercy on doubters, BUT he IS very merciful if you don't doubt him."

Poppy cock!

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555669 Aug 20, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
no you don't go to the *group* who "compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it. Without them,"
THAT *group* is long dead - if you are speaking about the humans that were in possession of the Written Word.
-
and it was Hol;y Spirit that *compiled the list*.
-
WITH Jesus and Holy Spirit -- we can NEVER NOT know about it. IOW that is a direct indictment of your church leaders who fought to KEEP the Bible out of the laypersons hands.
-
And as far as YOU not "privately interpreting scripture" ... Well, I guess THAT IS TRUE. You let the PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS of the POPE decide what you believe - that way you don't have to read and study the Bible for yourself and can blame the pope when push comes to .... shove. How convenient for you.
-
You can ignore Jesus' words - and then blame the Pope.
-
Yes. Many people believing the private interpretations of the popes ... allowed themselves to torture and murder .....'cause the pope told them to do it.
And you honestly believe Jesus is communicating to his followers through the Popes.
I agree with you. I think of the Pope as one of the scribes or Pharisees. I think Matthew 23 explains it very well. I am going to post a few of the verses but the whole chapter is very plain. It says not to exalt yourself and try to be seen of men. And not to call any man father upon this earth. Well anyhow, this whole chapter makes me think of the Pope.

Matthew 23
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555670 Aug 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The tongue has no such power.....the parallel verse says: For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
By thy words thou shalt be justified, etc.
That is, words shall be the indication of the true principles of the heart; by words the heart shall be known, as the tree is by its fruit. If they are true, proper, chaste, instructive, pious, they will prove that the heart is right. If false, envious, malignant, and impious, they will prove that the heart is wrong, and will therefore be among the causes of condemnation. It is not meant that words will be the only thing that will condemn man; but that they will be all important part of the things for which he shall be condemned
That's quite a sermon.

If preachers of religion are judged by their words and if by chance their words are not aligned to the will of the creator ... my goodness the creator will be very angry.

He's very capable of smiting those that cross him ... according to the theologians that created him.

Oh well, Catholics and other Gnostic Christians teach that the god of the Jews was and is vile. Yet there is only supposed to be one god of creation, and HE started out to be the Abrahamic one and only God ... according to the faithful Jews.

Religious preachers of ancient religions drove their followers to insane-asylums ... because the followers became so entangled in the lies taught BY the theologians, they couldn't free their selves from the entanglements.

I hope that you will find a safe journey out of your mental religious entanglement, and learn to feel whole without religion haunting your every thought.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555671 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you manage to even sleep at night wanting to believe that others suffer such a fate in a hereafter?
Good GRIEF!
I would never believe that others will suffer in a hereafter. THAT theology is sickening ... to say the least.
It can't possibly be good for you to believe that horrible nonsense.
This is the danger of SIN, June.......whether you want to believe it or not......

What is the condition of your soul outside of Christ???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555672 Aug 20, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most think gays are whiskey bent and hell bound of course. Thats what they think about gays.
Tony, Tony, Tony,

What is the condition of a person's soul OUTSIDE OF CHRIST???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555673 Aug 20, 2014
The fact that I always had faith in a creator of unconditional love, made it easy for me to ask pertinent questions of the theologies, as I had no fear.

The teaching that a creator was merciful, while I witnessed the continual suffering of all forms of life just didn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

I "wanted" to have complete faith in the existence of a creator ... but finally I just couldn't invest my faith in such nonsense. That is when I finally gave up on all religion as being based on any semblance of truth whatsoever.

I don't miss it. Not even one bit. I feel free. Now when I see theologians yapping away about what they KNOW for a fact is true, I just ignore their chatter as being based on nonsensical hot air.

I don't know why suffering exists, but I have no intention of feeling guilt that it does exist.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555674 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The god gives us a choice, but if we don't make the choice that HE commands us to make, he then rejects us to hell.
Isn't that NICE!!!
BWAAAGGHH!
Wacky theology
It's called free will, June.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#555675 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The god gives us a choice, but if we don't make the choice that HE commands us to make, he then rejects us to hell.
Isn't that NICE!!!
BWAAAGGHH!
Wacky theology
It's WACKY to you, June, because you have NOT grasp the concept of the Will of God.....

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555676 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you ... 12???
If I choose to not believe in the existence of ALLAH, he will reject me to Islam's hell.
If I choose to not believe in the Christian god, which is the SAME god, HE will reject me to Christian hell.
If you think about it you have the choice of either going to one hell or the other.
And then there are Buddhist hells and Hindu hells and on and on and on..........
Earth is an insane asylum with religious preachers leading the WAY!
I choose to believe in the one and only true and living God. I am not afraid of Allah or an Islamic hell, because it does not exist. I don't fear Buddha or the Hindu's either. There is only one God that has power to kill and to save and that is the God that I will serve the true and the living God. He is the first and last, alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 996,413
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min southern at heart 87,532
amber armes (Jun '13) 3 hr LEANNA WILLIAMS 25
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. (Oct '17) 7 hr Hock Fung Soc Tu 23
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 8 hr Plock Yan Yuk Foo 2
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 9 hr MGTOW 2
The Good Man Donald Trump 10 hr MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2