Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654408 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#555590 Aug 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings NASL
Peace
You begin with "It is an incomplete story...."
And this is where you begin wrongly, because to the Christian it is complete.
Of course it is complete to a so-called "Christian".....beca use most don't realize there are additional writings about Jesus. And if they did hear about them, they never studied or read them "religiously". Thus, most so-called "Christians" only parrot what they are taught, and most refused to do the research to a depth that would show it is incomplete.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>You simply reject it as complete and therefore believe others should think likewise. However, as amply shown by the Christians on this forum, though they may personally question their faith in Christ, and things in the Bible they may not thoroughly understand at any one time, they do eventually, if they persist.
I doubt this to be true.....considering - still to this day - after 2000+ years of certain individuals doting on it - they still claim things within the Bible as "mysteries".

Thus your statement above is false.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore, the reason for the persistence is that they are complete in Christ as to how He is presented in the Bible.
That is right - "How Jesus is presented".....just skip on by the canon's external texts to help present him in a certain way, huh?

Gotcha.

You do realize you speak just like those men did, right? Trying to persuade, and never once realizing individuality, because individuality is not "universal" or "united in one".....huh?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>This is made clear in the Bible in the following passage, Colossians 2:9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;..."
I wonder what Jesus says about this piece of "clarity"......you will post something by Jesus, right - that says the exact same thing?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>So when you imply that someone is not complete because they are not getting the full story, it goes back to the Garden of Eden and the serpent trying to whisper a self-deception is going on and tempt one with eating forbidden fruit.(Don't get the impression that I am saying you are the devil, merely that your modus operandi is familiar and does not work. And that is due to as I have proved one is complete already in Christ.) So your stratagem of approach on an intellectual basis to question one's faith fails, mostly due for this reason, IMHO.
a. The serpent was evil.....only in "Jewish" and "Christian" eyes it was.

The serpent has been around in symbolism for alot longer than the Bible, and it had various meanings.....one of the most prominent was "a messenger".

If one were to take the Garden of Eden story as symbolic, it would show that the serpent was helping Adam and Eve become knowledgeable.

If they never had eaten of the Tree of Knowledge....to be honest with you - you probably wouldn't have the story you do today.

Let's thank the serpent for showing up, shall we?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Your question, "Are you afraid of what Jesus taught - that which is not in the canon? Don't give me your reasons, just a direct answer of Yes or No."
No, I am not afraid. Your point again is to imply that something outside of canon is going to contradict what is in cannon, which would make null and void canon. Again one is complete in Christ already....

Peace
No - the non-canonical Jesus is the same as the Bible Jesus. GoThomas clearly shows that in the text - because of the other Apostles listed within the text. Those other Apostles are also shown to have been with Jesus - per the texts within the Bible that you accept.

Are you calling Jesus' Apostles liars? If so, which ones and why?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555591 Aug 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You have successfully reduced the lives of those who conceived, birthed, nursed, nurtured, loved, and provided you with food and shelter ... to a financial equation and decision.
Congratulations.
Your friends in the coven must be very proud about now.
That is your perception ... not mine.

I adored my parents.

They did not give birth to me in order that they expected me to be their slaves in their old age.

If they had had birth control measures I would not have been born as my mother was 45 when she gave birth to me ... the last of 8 children.

And had I not been born I would not have missed anything, because I would not have been aware TO miss anything.

Prince George, Canada

#555592 Aug 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Everyday millions of people pray billions of prayers asking God to change his divine plan. People pray for everything!
... fat people pray to be slim.
...short people pray to be taller.
...alcoholics pray to kick the habit.
...young women pray for a sunshine on their wedding day, yet the farmer right next door is praying for rain.
....billions and billions of prayer requests to god and all the saints requesting God change a tiny piece of his divine plan to make them happy.
And while they are praying they are certain that the god wants only to hear their prayers ... not the prayers of the humans that belong to other religions.

Greed-fests is the equivalent of prayer-fests.

Prince George, Canada

#555593 Aug 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....thats right June. Some poor sucker whose real name is Oxbow is going be judged incorrectly by God for the wrong actions committed by the immitation Oxbow on this forum.
....everyone use your correct name if you want God to know who you really are. Are you listening Hojo and Star C?
May the REAL god stand up and answer my question ..."Are those who believe that others deserve hell for being in the wrong religion worthy of eternal bliss?"

My guess is, that if a god exists it will wait until we all die to answer that question.

I suggest that all religion is based on assumption.

Prince George, Canada

#555594 Aug 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....How do you know God wants a one to one relationship with you? Maybe he doesn't like you.
maybe because he doesn't know your real name.
Hahahaha

Imagine the arrogance of believing that a god wants a relationship with "self" but not with self's neighbor who prays to the same supposed god.

Hilarious self-indulgence.

Prince George, Canada

#555595 Aug 19, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowledge can also be it's own punishment.
How would YOU know???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#555596 Aug 19, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does "Mary" have to intercede?
Probably for the same reason you are certain that YOU have to intercede.

God can't his own business without help ... and apparently lots OF it!

Prince George, Canada

#555597 Aug 19, 2014
God can't handle his own business without help and apparently lots OF it.

All this world needs now are more preachers to disagree with each other's religious philosophies.

Prince George, Canada

#555598 Aug 19, 2014
American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

By one count, the United States in 1996 had 19 separate Presbyterian denominations, 32 Lutheran, 36 Methodist, 37 Episcopal or Anglican, 60 Baptist, and 241 Pentecostal. Globalization and immigration have added to the proliferation in surprising ways. In a New Religious America (2001), Diana Eck pointed out that Muslims in America outnumber Presbyterians or Episcopalians, and that Los Angeles is the most varietal Buddhist city in the world. Each Sunday the Los Angeles Times publishes a directory of services that includes more than six hundred denominations.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#555599 Aug 19, 2014
who=" pusherman_"]<quoted text> A child should never fell burdened by an aging parent..
Very commendable of you tho June :)
How was your tea this morning?

----------
In case this is in reference to my post about our son taking us into his home, you got it all wrong.
He is an adopted son, and has told us all of his adult life that he would take care of us, BECAUSE WE TOOK HIM IN AND TOOK CARE OF HIM. He is a fine man, truly grateful, and does not feel 'obligated'. We are proud of him.

Prince George, Canada

#555600 Aug 19, 2014
The self-hypnotic trances no-doubt bring pleasure to the devotees ... but where does it get the self except into more and more self-hypnotic trances?
>>>>>>>

American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

New physical ecstasies joined “Quaker” and “Shaker” in the religious lexicon. One Methodist recalled that “while I was preaching, the power of God fell on the assembly, and there was an awful shaking among the dry bones. Several fell on the floor and cried for mercy.”(23) Cane Ridge, Kentucky, where on one evening in August 1801 twenty thousand sobbed, shrieked, and shouted themselves into near hysteria, gained particular fame at a revival ground. Between 1800 and 1850 the western half of New York became known as “the burned-over district” because of the emotional inflammations there that matched the searing heat of forest fires.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#555601 Aug 19, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I should write a song on that NOTE.
"The devil for you and Jesus for MEEEEEEE
I know the future ... it's PLAIN as can be."
I'll finish the rest later when the devil inspires me with more "revelations."
----------
We can tell where you get your revelations...

Prince George, Canada

#555602 Aug 19, 2014
As a child I never cared for the dogma that a god wanted a personal relationship with me simply because I was attending a Protestant church.

I thought the dogma was very silly indeed!

Now I comprehend that it WAS and IS very SILLY in deed.

Prince George, Canada

#555603 Aug 19, 2014
If there just happens to be a creator, I'm going to want some answers, and the answers better be GOOD!

The information I received from theologians has been anything BUT good.

They preached "love" AT me with a threat that if I didn't take the love that the bible had to offer, I would spend eternity in hell.

BWAAGGGHH!

Prince George, Canada

#555604 Aug 19, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I should write a song on that NOTE.
"The devil for you and Jesus for MEEEEEEE
I know the future ... it's PLAIN as can be."
I'll finish the rest later when the devil inspires me with more "revelations."
----------
We can tell where you get your revelations...
I got my revelations from preachers such as you who preach that Jesus loves YOU because you are Protestant ... of all the STUPID idiocy!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#555605 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most aging acquaintances of mine, don't want to burden their children.
One of my close relatives told her adult children that she wants them to put her into a care facility.
She doesn't WANT them to be burdened with her care.
We should not leach off of our children. They didn't ask to be born. We CHOSE for them to be born.
Many humans gave birth to children in the hopes that the children would look after them in their old age.
Talk about planning ahead for selfish reasons.
YUCK!
Well I look forward to living with my daughter and leaving my clothes on the floor and never cleaning my room and talking on the phone while listening to my Janis Joplin records full blast....

Prince George, Canada

#555606 Aug 19, 2014
The Jews created a monotheistic god ... and the Catholics didn't like that god, so as Gnostic Christians they created their own god.

And now the Protestants want to believe that the god that loved only Catholics, changed his mind in order to love only Protestants.

And the devotees of these creeds believe they are ALL WISE and that their dogmas are inspired by GOD!

Good Grief! Baboons are wise in comparison.

Prince George, Canada

#555607 Aug 19, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who=" pusherman_"]<quoted text> A child should never fell burdened by an aging parent..
Very commendable of you tho June :)
How was your tea this morning?
----------
In case this is in reference to my post about our son taking us into his home, you got it all wrong.
He is an adopted son, and has told us all of his adult life that he would take care of us, BECAUSE WE TOOK HIM IN AND TOOK CARE OF HIM. He is a fine man, truly grateful, and does not feel 'obligated'. We are proud of him.
Of course your adopted son feels obligated. You taught him that he had to honor his adopted father and mother ... who of course never "had" to take him in ... and would not have taken him in except for your belief in the goodness of GOD ... blah, blah, blah.

His conscience alerts him that he OWES YOU ... BIG TIME. And I suggest that is how you WANT him to feel.

Prince George, Canada

#555608 Aug 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well I look forward to living with my daughter and leaving my clothes on the floor and never cleaning my room and talking on the phone while listening to my Janis Joplin records full blast....
Payback time!

I can relate to that type of "love."

And don't forget the part about her changing your poopy diapers. That will also be a turn-on for your daughter.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555609 Aug 19, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
To correct you with the history of what you write:
'I go with the group who compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it."
- believing men over "God"?
- Hand copied and then printed it - are actually 1500+ years separation. To claim the printed copies are "original" is absurd. Original to maybe the printing press, but not to history.
Bart Erhman's bbook, "Misquoting Jesus" clearly shows that there were many theological changes to the original stories, thus showing that later reproductions of the books have been changed.
"Without them, we'd never know about it anyway."
- A classic Catholic response.
- Yes you would.....just like the person who buried the Nag Hammadi Codices in the desert 1700+ years ago......the individual was thinking on how he could preserve these texts so others would know about them, after most of them were destroyed by the Catholic Church of the 4th C. But alas, since they were, and then found centuries later, it clearly disposes your thought as rubbish. I'm glad they were found, as it proves two things:
a. there were more teachings by Jesus that the so-called "Church" presents and represents
b. that the s-called "Church" was very scared that these books could cause them to "lose" over the other sects.
But again, you only see things one way (the way you want them to be) and refuse to acknowledge the additional facts that show you there are multiple paths something can take.
Pssst, the world has no original manuscripts of the Bible. The earliest copies of the copies of the copies' copies is 1,600 yrs old. It was in a codex type 'book' that was done shorltly before Christians had a Bible
1. It contains the 7 Books that Protestants say we "added" at the council of Trent.

2. It contains 2 additional Books not even in the NT canon today - the Epistle of Barnabes and the Shepherd of Hermas.

You see, NASL, you and your "New age" philosophy have no choice but to accept the authority of the Catholic Church, who YOU have to trust, properly put together and translated Mathew, Mark, Luke and John - and you do not know if it is articulated in it's original form - but you trust these men that they got Jesus' words right, over and over and over again, in multiple languages.

More on the worlds oldest Bible (and btw, this debunks sola scripture yet again) archeology and historic artifacts are no friend to protestanism.

www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/07/06/ancient.b...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 106,607
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Dr Banonator 64,600
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Gabriel 973,952
News FBI: Drexel kidnapped, raped, shot, fed to gators 28 min discocrisco 1
News Lois Marene White 32 min discocrisco 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min bad bob 183,218
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,952
More from around the web