Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555570 Aug 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't answer questions that are straight from the devil...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I should write a song on that NOTE.

"The devil for you and Jesus for MEEEEEEE
I know the future ... it's PLAIN as can be."

I'll finish the rest later when the devil inspires me with more "revelations."

:)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555571 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the aging parents would choose to tell the adult children that it's time to go into long-term care or that the aging parents WANT to leave the earth by suicide in a dignified manner, the adult children should obey the wishes of the aging parents and keep their mouths SHUT.
Soon enough their turns will come to make their own decisions, and I guarantee that they won't want THEIR adult children telling them what to do with THEIR aging bodies.
Yes I agree, as long as it is what the parent/s wanted, sure..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555572 Aug 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said,
"THE LORD REBUKE THEE "
Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
QUESTION
SHALL I EXERCISE THE AUTHORITY THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME AS A CALLED MINISTER (SERVANT) OF GOD.......TO BIND AND LOOSE ....IN JESUS NAME
OR WILL YOU RETRACT YOUR INSINUATION AND INSULT...... AGAINST THE SON OF GOD..?
JESUS SAID
Mat_18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye/I shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye/I shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
YOUR CHOICE....
Never go sailing without a compass...you will be a sea...again...

and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven--

Whatever this mean, it was soon expressly extended to all the apostles (Mt 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.); so that the claim of supreme authority in the Church, made for Peter by the Church of Rome, and then arrogated to themselves by the popes as the legitimate successors of St. Peter, is baseless and impudent.

As first in confessing Christ, Peter got this commission before the rest; and with these "keys," on the day of Pentecost, he first "opened the door of faith" to the Jews, and then, in the person of Cornelius, he was honored to do the same to the Gentiles. Hence, in the lists of the apostles, Peter is always first named. One thing is clear, that not in all the New Testament is there the vestige of any authority either claimed or exercised by Peter, or conceded to him, above the rest of the apostles--a thing conclusive against the Romish claims in behalf of that apostle.

You are welcome....

Prince George, Canada

#555573 Aug 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not we.....him.
Jesus is calling you by the wrong name???

Is Oxbow your real name and if not, how can Jesus know you on a forum if you changed your name?

You better smarten up and use your real name.

Names are very important to Jesus, whose name by the way used to be Ihcuc, which means fish.

Prince George, Canada

#555574 Aug 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I agree, as long as it is what the parent/s wanted, sure..
Most aging acquaintances of mine, don't want to burden their children.

One of my close relatives told her adult children that she wants them to put her into a care facility.

She doesn't WANT them to be burdened with her care.

We should not leach off of our children. They didn't ask to be born. We CHOSE for them to be born.

Many humans gave birth to children in the hopes that the children would look after them in their old age.

Talk about planning ahead for selfish reasons.

YUCK!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555575 Aug 19, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI Robert....I call people "dishonest" because they continuously say that "they believe in Jesus" yet they can't come to admit when I present them with non-canonical Jesus teachings, that they don't believe those teachings. Instead, they sweep their words under the rug, and pronounce unfounded remarks that state that those aren't from Jesus - when in fact, they don't know this.
They lie to them selves that "God" wrote the Bible, and inspired those men. Yet they can't admit that "God" can still inspire ANYONE. They refuse to be honest and admit that if "He' does, ANYONE could have new words for others to behold and utilize.
Dishonesty runs amok within Christianity....and with you being the apologetic for these fallacies, then you too have not reached a pinnacle in your own life to admit these through honesty either.
Cheers!
NASL

I know that there are some that believe the Bible is God. And perhaps you are trying to see if such people will come over to your way of thinking. But IMHO it is unlikely.

Some people do not know how the Bible was assembled, and through all the writings which were available to those who compiled the Bible. Before and afterwards people believe some books should have been included and others left out. But this disregards the basic point that in the Bible is all that is necessary for one to know Jesus, become a Christian, and start following a Christian way of life.

So it is not honesty which is in question, it is in a lack to knowledge. But you believe in that knowledge you can penetrate the faith of a believer enough for them to basically throw away all of the Bible, and follow some New Age Spiritualism.

Perhaps you mistakenly took this name to imply some new and updated faith into which one can believe in, but for the Christian it raises alarm flags the instant they see it. So they would immediately become defensive, and thus you continue to thrust into their world one which does not belong....

That is just what I have seen, and is my humble opinion. So it is not to be offensive or unfriendly, but perhaps gives you a hint, at why you have so much difficulty with Christians. It is not that they are dishonest, rather that you assault them....

And I know that the written medium is not the best means of communicating, as well....

Prince George, Canada

#555576 Aug 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven:
Hmmmmmm

If you believe that others are evil and you are holy while alive on earth ... maybe your heaven will BE a hell in a hereafter. "The last shall be first and the first shall be last" comes to mind.

I hope not though ...because even though you are very arrogant about deserving royal treatment in a hereafter ... I just don't think you know any better ... so you shouldn't be punished.

Ignorance is its own punishment.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#555577 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most aging acquaintances of mine, don't want to burden their children.
One of my close relatives told her adult children that she wants them to put her into a care facility.
She doesn't WANT them to be burdened with her care.
We should not leach off of our children. They didn't ask to be born. We CHOSE for them to be born.
Many humans gave birth to children in the hopes that the children would look after them in their old age.
Talk about planning ahead for selfish reasons.
YUCK!
Interesting.
You have successfully reduced the lives of those who conceived, birthed, nursed, nurtured, loved, and provided you with food and shelter ... to a financial equation and decision.
Congratulations.

Your friends in the coven must be very proud about now.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#555578 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to ALL religious TRAINING ... nothing happens without the approval of the creator.
NOTHING.
It's ALL part of his divine plan.

You can't take the "perceived" HOLY part of the plan as being yours, and foist the evil part of the
....Everyday millions of people pray billions of prayers asking God to change his divine plan. People pray for everything!

... fat people pray to be slim.
...short people pray to be taller.
...alcoholics pray to kick the habit.
...young women pray for a sunshine on their wedding day, yet the farmer right next door is praying for rain.
....billions and billions of prayer requests to god and all the saints requesting God change a tiny piece of his divine plan to make them happy.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#555579 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is calling you by the wrong name???
Is Oxbow your real name and if not, how can Jesus know you on a forum if you changed your name?
You better smarten up and use your real name.
Names are very important to Jesus, whose name by the way used to be Ihcuc, which means fish.
.....thats right June. Some poor sucker whose real name is Oxbow is going be judged incorrectly by God for the wrong actions committed by the immitation Oxbow on this forum.

....everyone use your correct name if you want God to know who you really are. Are you listening Hojo and Star C?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#555580 Aug 19, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, what about over population....see God looks into all things and makes perfect decisions. The God of the Jews is still the God of the Protestants....He is the same God....serving God is a personal thing....it is a one to one experience....and the way to find out which side the Savior is on is by prayer and having a one to one relationship with him.
.....How do you know God wants a one to one relationship with you? Maybe he doesn't like you.

maybe because he doesn't know your real name.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#555581 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is its own punishment.
It is also often it's own reward.

Knowledge can also be it's own punishment.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#555582 Aug 19, 2014

"Spirit" is unproven....in the sense you inquire.
Can we believe we have a "spirit" - sure....just like we can believe we are Atheist, Protestant, Catholic, spiritual, or whatever.
Can you provide evidence that we do not have a "spirit" - I can't either way - unless one can validate this entity with scientific equipment (audio and video equipment).....in which it has.
Of course many will refute these findings, because they can't fathom the facts if they are true.
So what do you have to defend your position?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that from your perception I do have a spirit ... but sadly ... I need your guidance to bring it up to your high state of wisdom. If only I would follow your Gnostic teachings you could lead me to green pastures.
There is no need for me to do anything....all it takes is for you to think of an action and then act on it. My guidance would only be in a form of a question - What do you want to do and achieve?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, you never did answer my question. From your wise perception ... did you create your own spirit, or was your spirit created by a creator?
...yes I did....the "spirit" is unproven to exist.
- from this you should have garnered these conclusions:
+ I truly don't know if I have a "Spirit" or not, but my belief is that I do.
+ I did not create my own "spirit"
+ I do not know if my "spirit" was created - or if it has always been.

In regards to "if it has always been", can be suggested that it is a true essence based upon the plausible evidence available:
- Past life regression seems to show that a person lived a different life. If these memories are true, then they reside with our "spirit" and not as actual occurrences that had happened in the current life.

This young child can be a great example if reincarnation is true or not:
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Technology/st...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25097...

To conclude this post - again you lack information regarding the statements you ask or post. Maybe you should spend a little time on the topic and digest its many facets, before trying to get someone to admit if they "created your spirit" or "some creator did."

You really do lack the initiative to better understand this and other topics.

Maybe one day you won't.

Good luck.

Albuquerque, NM

#555583 Aug 19, 2014
Hi Robert.

It is an incomplete story.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH PLEASE ... I BEG YOU ...
Please don't beg - it isn't very becoming of you to do so.

Besides....if you are going to beg......I require you to get on your hands and knees, and grovel.

:o)
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>DO tell us the "complete" story ... now that your spirit is with the kingdom of a GOD.
Only you have stated that my "spirit is with the kingdom of God."

I've only quoted Jesus - "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

Please make sure you maintain the context of the statement, okay?

[QUOTE who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>Remember how you stated that spirit came first???
Yes I do.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Naughty, Naughty!!!
What is your spirit doing in a god's kingdom ... if spirit came at a time in history BEFORE the god???
How is is that you think my spirit is in "God's" kingdom, when I am alive and talking to you?

Please don't make unfounded accusations toward me.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Shyster!
No - honest, open-minded individual.

BTW - your use of the term "shyster" is beginning to sound like a term that could be applied to you and what you represent.

shyster
[shahy-ster]
Examples Word Origin
noun, Informal.
1. a lawyer who uses unprofessional or questionable methods.
2. a person who gets along by petty, sharp practices.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shyste...

Albuquerque, NM

#555584 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How old were you when you hypnotized your self into believing that your spirit was aligned to the spirit of the God that lives in a divine spiritual kingdom???
Let's see.....I left Christianity when I was 16 yrs old.....and since I have never hypnotized myself, I would have to say.....never.

Why does a 70+ year old woman think they know the answers to this topic, when clearly you don't?

Albuquerque, NM

#555585 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
A preacher of religion that is genuine in "belief" always believes that self is aligned to divinity.
The problem with that state of arrogance IS that the self is certain of it's HIGH attainments of knowledge and that other humans need help to reach the same grandiose heights of enthrallment.
In humans afflicted with such religious pomposity, ego rules supreme.
Citation please.

Albuquerque, NM

#555586 Aug 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Meow June,
I don't privately interpret Scripture... I go with the group who compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it. Without them, we'd never know about it anyway.
To correct you with the history of what you write:

'I go with the group who compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it."
- believing men over "God"?
- Hand copied and then printed it - are actually 1500+ years separation. To claim the printed copies are "original" is absurd. Original to maybe the printing press, but not to history.

Bart Erhman's bbook, "Misquoting Jesus" clearly shows that there were many theological changes to the original stories, thus showing that later reproductions of the books have been changed.

"Without them, we'd never know about it anyway."
- A classic Catholic response.
- Yes you would.....just like the person who buried the Nag Hammadi Codices in the desert 1700+ years ago......the individual was thinking on how he could preserve these texts so others would know about them, after most of them were destroyed by the Catholic Church of the 4th C. But alas, since they were, and then found centuries later, it clearly disposes your thought as rubbish. I'm glad they were found, as it proves two things:

a. there were more teachings by Jesus that the so-called "Church" presents and represents
b. that the s-called "Church" was very scared that these books could cause them to "lose" over the other sects.

But again, you only see things one way (the way you want them to be) and refuse to acknowledge the additional facts that show you there are multiple paths something can take.

Albuquerque, NM

#555587 Aug 19, 2014
KayMarie wrote:

How sad that you have spent your life staring at religions !
REAL Christians don't lie, steal, commit adultery. They respect their mother and their father...and other elders. They don't curse or use dirty language. They GIVE of their goods and themselves.
Our youngest son took us into his home when age became a problem for me. All of our children treat us with respect.
Every religious person is not a Christian...but I've known plenty that are REAL saints.
I bet that even you have been in a tight spot in traffic, and some stranger stopped his/her car, and waved you in. I use a walker, and often I see people wait while I walk several feet, so that they can open doors for me. Those are not 'religious'(self-righteous) people.
The latter will just give you the finger.(What do YOU do?)
...and even when all of this is said and done, you still only believe less than half of what Jesus taught.

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?

Are you afraid of something if you do? What?

Albuquerque, NM

#555588 Aug 19, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"]A preacher of religion that is genuine in "belief" always believes that self is aligned to divinity.
The problem with that state of arrogance IS that the self is certain of it's HIGH attainments of knowledge and that other humans need help to reach the same grandiose heights of enthrallment.
In humans afflicted with such religious pomposity, ego rules supreme
----------
How sad that you have spent your life staring at religions !
REAL Christians don't lie, steal, commit adultery. They respect their mother and their father...and other elders. They don't curse or use dirty language. They GIVE of their goods and themselves.
Our youngest son took us into his home when age became a problem for me. All of our children treat us with respect.
Every religious person is not a Christian...but I've known plenty that are REAL saints.
I bet that even you have been in a tight spot in traffic, and some stranger stopped his/her car, and waved you in. I use a walker, and often I see people wait while I walk several feet, so that they can open doors for me. Those are not 'religious'(self-righteous) people.
The latter will just give you the finger.(What do YOU do?)
you know KM - even after re-reading your post, I see the remarks you make and try to commit to "with being honest."

I appreciate those efforts.....but in truth.....why is it that you continue to speak of the things "individuals" do - that do not require a religious background, and show that a person can be kind, loving, even spiritual, without the religious mumbo-jumbo......but moreso - represent aspects of the Self - a topic of Jesus' that you refuse to accept.

Albuquerque, NM

#555589 Aug 19, 2014
StarC wrote:
Anyone in St. Louis.....
Archbishop Carlson Issues Letter Regarding Ferguson
August 18, 2014
ST. LOUIS – Today, His Excellency, Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, issued the following letter to the faithful in the Archdiocese of St. Louis:
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
We are all aware of the turmoil and tragedy our St. Louis community is experiencing. The residents of Ferguson, Missouri, are struggling to find peace in the chaos. As people of Christ, we are struggling to find direction in the unrest.
I have personally visited Ferguson and Michael Brown's memorial to offer my prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy. As I have been observing this situation and reflecting on it through much prayer, I find strength in the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi: "Lord, make me an instrument of your peace." In all circumstances, but especially in these difficult times, we are all called to be instruments of peace through our words and actions. Pope Francis recently stated that, "All men and women of good will are bound by the task of pursuing peace."
To that end, I invite the Catholic faithful to attend a Mass for Peace and Justice which I will celebrate at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, on Wednesday, August 20th, at 5 p.m. During the Mass a special collection will be taken to assist food pantries and parishes in the Ferguson area that offer assistance to those who have been affected by the looting and destruction of property. Additionally, I encourage all parishes to offer Masses for peace in our community. The Office of Worship will contact pastors to provide the appropriate resources. Additional parish activities could include Holy Hours, a parish rosary, or a special collection this week to assist in the effort.
Because many Catholic schools are beginning classes both this and in the coming weeks, I have asked our Catholic schools to begin a daily rosary for peace and to offer special intentions during all school Masses. Catholic Family Services, an agency of Catholic Charities, has made counselors available to any Catholic school that requests assistance. Catholic Family Services has also publicized tips for parents and schools when dealing with crisis situations.
Pope Francis has encouraged us again and again to ask Our Lady, the Undoer of Knots, to intercede for us in difficult circumstances. So too, I ask all the faithful in the Archdiocese of St. Louis to join me in praying to Our Blessed Mother and to her son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, for peace and justice in our community.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson
Archbishop of St. Louis
#CatholicSTL
Why does "Mary" have to intercede?

Sounds like Carlson doesn't believe Jesus or "God" can do it all.

Another point I would like to make about your post is that....clearly there is alot of..."you can contriute....."all you have to do is...."....or.....this favorite...."I ask all the faithful in the Archdiocese of St. Louis to join me in praying to Our Blessed Mother and to her son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, for peace and justice in our community."

Damn it....there sure is a lot of efforts being made by people (the actions of Self) and little, if any, being made by the Archbishop, "God", Jesus or Mary.

Where's your faith?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rider on the Storm 973,808
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 min And as for you 3,811
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Neville Thompson 281,870
What is your most embarrassing photo? 15 min Aliciasilver 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Neville Thompson 45,238
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Catcher1 64,061
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr gundee123 808
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 8 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web