Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688559 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555513 Aug 19, 2014
A preacher of religion that is genuine in "belief" always believes that self is aligned to divinity.

The problem with that state of arrogance IS that the self is certain of it's HIGH attainments of knowledge and that other humans need help to reach the same grandiose heights of enthrallment.

In humans afflicted with such religious pomposity, ego rules supreme.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555514 Aug 19, 2014
truth wrote:
you bealive in sule
Are you for sure Jesus Christ can't save anyone?
According to "original" Catholic thought, Jesus' spirit is not allowed to associate with those other than Catholics.

Ain't that a SHAME?

And the original Protestant Martin Luther thought, confined Jesus' spirit to the Lutheran thought.

Jesus' spirit has no free will.

Bunkology!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#555515 Aug 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said,
"THE LORD REBUKE THEE "
Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
QUESTION
SHALL I EXERCISE THE AUTHORITY THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME AS A CALLED MINISTER (SERVANT) OF GOD.......TO BIND AND LOOSE ....IN JESUS NAME
OR WILL YOU RETRACT YOUR INSINUATION AND INSULT...... AGAINST THE SON OF GOD..?
JESUS SAID
Mat_18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye/I shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye/I shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
YOUR CHOICE....
.....Confrinting says........Mat_18:18 and whatsoever ye/I shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

....Michael says.......I didn't loosed anything..........and who talks like that?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555516 Aug 19, 2014
It comes in handy with preachers to believe they have captivated the mentality of a savior.

It doesn't GET any better than THAT ... when it pertains to religion.

Why don't you right-fighters split Jesus' spirit up into portions and then see if you can get along and pretend to love each other as you maintain Jesus love you.

Ignorance is NOT bliss!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555517 Aug 19, 2014
The Gnostic Christians didn't like a god that once loved the supposed filthy Jews ... so they created their own god in their own images.

Imagine THAT for POWER!

Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

PRO-JUDAS. NOT PRO-JEWISH. Because the Gospel of Judas portrays Judas as a hero rather than a villain, some people have given the impression that it is somehow an antidote to historic Christian anti-Semitism. This response is ironic, since much of early Gnosticism was deeply critical of traditional Judaism. Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555518 Aug 19, 2014
So the Gnostic Christians brought to life in their imaginings a new God ... pristine and HOLY ... who would NEVER deceive the people.

Yet the Christian Gnostics were split into at least fifty right-fighting factions ... with the Catholic Gnostics finally winning over the others when the emperor Constantine chose to give all military support to the Catholics.

The thought just "struck me" now, that the Catholics didn't believe in the same god that they believed loved the Jews.

Catholics were Gnostics, so of course they also believed that there were two gods in existence and that the God that favored Catholics was the HOLY God ... while the god that favored Jews was the vile, evil god.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555519 Aug 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Confrinting says........Mat_18:18 and whatsoever ye/I shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
....Michael says.......I didn't loosed anything..........and who talks like that?
Only those that are certain they are loved by a savior-god use that ancient language. Such language has a RING of originality to it.

Those in religion always want to believe they are aligned to the original TRUTH of a HOLY GOD.

Nothing else will DO!

"'I' am aligned to holiness and you are aligned to EVIL ... you nasty vile souls ... evil spirits that deserve eternal hell."

That's ancient religion in a nutshell.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555520 Aug 19, 2014
Now that I comprehend that the Gnostic Catholics had their own God apart from the vile god of the Jews … the Catholicized theology makes more sense.

Catholic doctors of words insinuated that in deed Jesus was raised as a Jew faithful to Judaism, but then he realized that his own father in Olam Haba was vile for loving the filthy Jews, so Jesus left his father’s religion and joined up with the Catholics to love their HOLY God as his new father in Catholic heaven.

WOW!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555521 Aug 19, 2014
There is no doubt that Catholics believe that Jesus and the apostles and mother Mary and the WISE-men CHOSE to stop worshipping the Jewish god ... to worship the Catholic GOD, and that means that they believe Jesus IS a Catholic.

They just don't admit it.

It's not by chance that Jesus' and Mary's portraits (painted by Catholic artists) hang with PRIDE in Catholic churches.

NOT by chance at all!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555522 Aug 19, 2014
You will see the lies ... but only when you WANT to see them.

According to the wacky theology the god that sent Jesus to earth was the god of the Jews ... yet the god that will welcome you to Catholic heaven is a different god than the god that sent Jesus to earth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Last Judgment

Often other angels hover near Christ, bearing the instruments of His passion. At His right hand, the elect are rising to their reward in Heaven; and at His left hand, the damned are being cast down to Hell.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555523 Aug 19, 2014
So the god of the Jews (according TO the Jews) still exists and still loves them as his chosen few.

Theologians were paid big money to write their "philosophies" ... and so what else could they do BUT write?

I suggest that if you believe that god(s) gave them messages ... you are FOOLS ... period!
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#555524 Aug 19, 2014
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>

----------
You have never 'loosed' someone from their 'debt'(emotional, financial, etc), and freed them to live without that debt? Maybe you just don't know what it means to be 'loosed' from such burdens?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#555525 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE!
And that is also your HABIT!
Meow June,
I don't privately interpret Scripture... I go with the group who compiled the list, produced, hand copied and printed it. Without them, we'd never know about it anyway.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#555526 Aug 19, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]A preacher of religion that is genuine in "belief" always believes that self is aligned to divinity.
The problem with that state of arrogance IS that the self is certain of it's HIGH attainments of knowledge and that other humans need help to reach the same grandiose heights of enthrallment.
In humans afflicted with such religious pomposity, ego rules supreme

----------
How sad that you have spent your life staring at religions !
REAL Christians don't lie, steal, commit adultery. They respect their mother and their father...and other elders. They don't curse or use dirty language. They GIVE of their goods and themselves.

Our youngest son took us into his home when age became a problem for me. All of our children treat us with respect.

Every religious person is not a Christian...but I've known plenty that are REAL saints.

I bet that even you have been in a tight spot in traffic, and some stranger stopped his/her car, and waved you in. I use a walker, and often I see people wait while I walk several feet, so that they can open doors for me. Those are not 'religious'(self-righteous) people.

The latter will just give you the finger.(What do YOU do?)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555527 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
So the god of the Jews (according TO the Jews) still exists and still loves them as his chosen few.
Theologians were paid big money to write their "philosophies" ... and so what else could they do BUT write?
I suggest that if you believe that god(s) gave them messages ... you are FOOLS ... period!
Good afternoon June
No rest for the wicked huh :)

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#555528 Aug 19, 2014
Anyone in St. Louis.....

Archbishop Carlson Issues Letter Regarding Ferguson

August 18, 2014

ST. LOUIS – Today, His Excellency, Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, issued the following letter to the faithful in the Archdiocese of St. Louis:

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

We are all aware of the turmoil and tragedy our St. Louis community is experiencing. The residents of Ferguson, Missouri, are struggling to find peace in the chaos. As people of Christ, we are struggling to find direction in the unrest.

I have personally visited Ferguson and Michael Brown's memorial to offer my prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy. As I have been observing this situation and reflecting on it through much prayer, I find strength in the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi: "Lord, make me an instrument of your peace." In all circumstances, but especially in these difficult times, we are all called to be instruments of peace through our words and actions. Pope Francis recently stated that, "All men and women of good will are bound by the task of pursuing peace."

To that end, I invite the Catholic faithful to attend a Mass for Peace and Justice which I will celebrate at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, on Wednesday, August 20th, at 5 p.m. During the Mass a special collection will be taken to assist food pantries and parishes in the Ferguson area that offer assistance to those who have been affected by the looting and destruction of property. Additionally, I encourage all parishes to offer Masses for peace in our community. The Office of Worship will contact pastors to provide the appropriate resources. Additional parish activities could include Holy Hours, a parish rosary, or a special collection this week to assist in the effort.

Because many Catholic schools are beginning classes both this and in the coming weeks, I have asked our Catholic schools to begin a daily rosary for peace and to offer special intentions during all school Masses. Catholic Family Services, an agency of Catholic Charities, has made counselors available to any Catholic school that requests assistance. Catholic Family Services has also publicized tips for parents and schools when dealing with crisis situations.

Pope Francis has encouraged us again and again to ask Our Lady, the Undoer of Knots, to intercede for us in difficult circumstances. So too, I ask all the faithful in the Archdiocese of St. Louis to join me in praying to Our Blessed Mother and to her son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, for peace and justice in our community.

Sincerely Yours in Christ,

Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson
Archbishop of St. Louis

#CatholicSTL

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#555529 Aug 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>

I ain't reading that unless I get wine and a wafer first -- or at least a promise of wine and a wafer.
You don't have to read it, just go to mass and they will read it for you.
You might have to byob, b/c you can't partake if u have not been to confession.
:)

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555530 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If God wanted those people to LIVE, even the devil couldn't kill them ... could HE?
Well ... within the wacky theology, maybe the devil does have more power on earth than the wacky useless as tits on a bore god.
Seriously ... the original god was all powerful, so he could kill whoever irritated him with lightning bolts and other phenomena.
Religion is bunk.
I didn't say anything about God not being able to let those people live. I said they simply died. Dying is not the same as being killed or murdered. Death is natural. A fetus that is miscarried, in my opinion, just dies of a natural cause. They are not murdered or aborted by God. Death happens at all different ages and stages. That's just how it is.....right.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#555531 Aug 19, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't privately interpret Scripture...
Of course you DO!

If you think you and your groupies that take specific meaning TO words, are the only ones in the universe to know the correct meanings of words, you have been overdosing on illusion.

Pope Leo X and Martin Luther both believed they were serviced with divine messages from Jesus and God, while putting all their "energies" into the same words in the very same bible.

They were idiots!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555532 Aug 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We have another LIVE-one on the forum.
"Seriously the original." Hahahahahaha
Yes, I am a live one....lol
But please don't refer to me as Seriously the original god and say that I am all powerful anymore like you did in your next post when you wrote.....

"Seriously ... the original god was all powerful"

:) Sorry that was just a little humor for you today since you wrote "Seriously the original." Hahahahaha you must have a sense of humor, right.....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min ROCCO 36,393
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min trifectdufus 988,427
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 32 min Paul McCartney is... 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 55 min Boinkface 16
Black "bi-racial" college girls and white gray-... 2 hr Johnny 12
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 3 hr Johnny 23
Dental Visits Are Never Fun 5 hr Disappointed123 5
More from around the web