Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 672801 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555068 Aug 16, 2014
Even the polytheists who could fire gods and create new gods by their own wills taught those that they burned in the flames that it was in deed an honor to be sacrificed in such a manner to the gods.

Even little babies were sacrificed as honors to gods.

If that is sanity ... what is insanity?
truth

Perth, Australia

#555069 Aug 16, 2014
no its very well known who set himself or herself on front
its written
who coming first and fight for what
then coming who who liked save
if if if something left to be save

don't you, you try say like that
well well well why fox liked go into chicken's house

Prince George, Canada

#555070 Aug 16, 2014
Humans often want to believe the self is “all that.”

A snake that had its head chopped off managed to open its mouth and chomp on to its still-wiggling body.

Rumor has it that those who had their heads chopped off by the guillotine would move their eyes back and forth for a brief time after “losing their heads.”

Gory stuff HUH???

We humans don’t want to admit it but we like to fantasize about gore and suffering
If that were not true, humans in religion would never have compiled literature of burning hell-fires in hereafters, and in turn fantasize how others would burn in those flames.

We are ghouls … not servants of “holy” gods!

Prince George, Canada

#555071 Aug 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Charles could see it June :)
What Ray Charles saw in his fantasies was anybody's guess. But my guess is, he pictured his "future" self in heaven and others in hell.

The words "SAINT Augustine" would have been planted in his brain-cells ... BIG TIME.

Some admirers labeled him as "The Godfather of soul."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Charles started to lose his sight at the age of five and went completely blind by the age of seven, apparently due to glaucoma. He attended school at the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind in St. Augustine from 1937 to 1945, where he developed his musical talent.

https://www.google.ca/...

Prince George, Canada

#555072 Aug 16, 2014
In this modern age of science, I suggest that it takes a wretched ghoul of a human to want to fantasize that others will go to eternal hell and self will be rewarded with eternal bliss.

There is no question about that in my mind.

Even as a kid, they couldn't feed me that crap, as I simply would NOT follow their LINES of such wretched teachings.

Admit it to your selves Catholics and Protestants. Picturing others suffering in hell THRILLS you.

If it didn't, you wouldn't put your faith where "in good conscience" it does NOT belong!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#555073 Aug 16, 2014
Why you think mouse can pool roots out as turnips?
We call utvarine =mystery of mischif who liked destroy seed and good roots!

Prince George, Canada

#555074 Aug 16, 2014
Religion is all about I can't stop loving "ME."

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#555075 Aug 16, 2014
Unlike China or Japan, Catholicism in Korea was not introduced by a colonial or foreign power. Korean scholars learned at the beginning of the 17th century about the teachings of the Gospel, which were spreading in China, and undertook travels to the Jesuit missionaries there in order to study it.

They returned to their country to promote the faith, and it spread so quickly that only a few decades later, when a Chinese priest managed to enter the country, he found a well-established, though ostracized, group of Catholics numbering in the thousands.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/124-ko...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555076 Aug 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
o I never said one word about demanding....you are beginning to stray on to very shaky ground...I would rather not call you a liar...so I advise you not to pursue that line of thinking...
The KJV translates nothing....Strong's lexicon does...to walk boldly is to walk with confidence...it is not an act of demanding....anything....
Oxbow

Peace

My error. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

I was just trying to, in the shortest way, link the idea of predestination, OSAS, fate, and destiny, into something intelligible. And have come to an impasse.

I think there is a link, or a set which overlaps between those who believe in predestination, and OSAS, but they may have nothing in common in other beliefs.

It is just that I think of predestination in rather negative terms, so it is rather difficult to write with objectivity on the subject. It gave rise to Calvinism in non-Catholic churches, and Jansenism in RCCs.

I resist but must use the hyperbole of Hitler and the Germans believing they were predestined by God to rule Europe/ the World. So I see it as a very slippery slope to believe in predestination by God.

In the end though it is God Who predestined us to be one in Jesus Christ, and through Him have everlasting life. It is for this reason that I think not of a person being predestined to be saved, but that they must conform, and be transformed into the image of Jesus before God, which is acceptable to God, and makes us one with Him. It remains a choice of the free-will given by God to each person.

I am sorry if this offends you.

Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#555077 Aug 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Even the polytheists who could fire gods and create new gods by their own wills taught those that they burned in the flames that it was in deed an honor to be sacrificed in such a manner to the gods.
Even little babies were sacrificed as honors to gods.
If that is sanity ... what is insanity?
AS babies today are sacrificed on the altar of CHOICE.....just lovely .

Even atheists and Libs,WORSHIP...women's,lib, Choice, evolution...extreme views on ecology,,science claiming humans came from ooze, big bangs, animals, you name it ....religion by any other name,worshipping idols of MAN ...and the biggie
The idea that:
THERE IS NO GOD...big time RELIGIon....yiu all even have churches....(laughable as this,worship on the premise religion s believing in God is a sham,) but He's according to you mean for both wanting those,who hate Him in HIS HIS HOME according to every post you make, June, it's sad ...seriously ..you know,in your heart He,exists, and RELIGION IS NOT GOD anyway

You think by telling US we consign people to hell, WHICH WE DON'T , that will make things change .

He exists whether we believe in Him or not . It's,His Home like it or not....and I think you ate here hoping to believe in Him ..I admit our squabbling doesn't give you much....but we ARE NOT GOD .

knock June, the door will open!!!! Please, for your sake.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#555078 Aug 16, 2014
Correction..you think He's mean for NOT wanting those who Hate Him in HIS HOME...would you ??? Really . Invite them in for eternity or even a year as they despise you ???
truth

Perth, Australia

#555079 Aug 16, 2014
civilization before exist too..after that many rule and wars trough history exist..did you try tell me which one is good or better ..when you know winners wrote history ..
many will say still exist
I been before! Isaiah

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#555080 Aug 16, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not agree with your opinion at all and it clearly is a novelty to Christianity as it has been known. It would even be Novel by the reformer standards. Yes I have heard this theory you propose as an opinion largely from the Protestants of late who use to try to justify their divisions which they know well exist, but it defies all logic and what Christ said. God is not the author of confusion and division.

Shortened for response R. Finch .
Dust Storm

Peace

I read today an article about the Pope warning his own clergy of not being hypocrites when it comes to poverty(poverty, obedience, chastity). And the growing gap of the rich and poor, and those leading a Christian life to break the traditions which keep the poor oppressed by traditions. I applaud this. It is a recognition that something is wrong.

For you, this may not be a good opinion, that I have, to which you disagree. So let us reason, not from the view of a hierarchy, but rather that God deals with each person through Jesus Christ. In other words not from chaos, but rather the unity one has with other Christians. The need for some monolithic hierarchy is not needed, with perhaps the exception of keeping records of what transpires....

In a sense, then, the religious art, the landholdings, and all other things held by the RCC, this Pope has said is hypocrisy, and a tradition which men have kept, going against what simple Christianity demands.

It is just something for you to think on. It is perhaps quite counter to what and how you think....

Peace
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#555081 Aug 16, 2014
The history of Christianity in Korea is unique in that it was not founded by Western missionaries. Korean intellectuals in the late 18th century heard about it through literature that had arrived in the country from China and developed their own community.

The Catholic Church has been growing rapidly in South Korea, doubling in the past 25 years to account for about 11% of the population of 50 million. About 100,000 Catholics are added every year.
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-pope-fra...

Prince George, Canada

#555082 Aug 16, 2014
I suggest that Christians and modern Pagans are jealous of each others supposed saviors.

Christians don't want to believe that Pagans can be saved. And Pagans don't want to believe that Christians are the only ones that can be saved.

Amazing selfishness in the guise of holiness.

Prince George, Canada

#555083 Aug 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
knock June, the door will open!!!! Please, for your sake.
I suggest that you keep knocking on your own door of stupidity.

What you believe has no appeal for me, just as what a Muslim or a Hindu, or a modern Pagan believes has no appeal for you.

Dim-wit!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#555084 Aug 16, 2014
Unlike China or Japan, Catholicism in Korea was not introduced by a colonial or foreign power. Korean scholars learned at the beginning of the 17th century about the teachings of the Gospel, which were spreading in China, and undertook travels to the Jesuit missionaries there in order to study it.

They returned to their country to promote the faith, and it spread so quickly that only a few decades later, when a Chinese priest managed to enter the country, he found a well-established, though ostracized, group of Catholics numbering in the thousands.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/124-ko ...

Prince George, Canada

#555085 Aug 16, 2014
The Jealousy of "MY savior is real and yours is false" is what drives the emotions in all those stuck in religion.

As a child I didn't WANT Jesus to love only those in the Protestant religion.

And my little Catholic friends didn't WANT Jesus to love only those in the Catholic religion.

So, we cut to the CHASE and refused to believe the religious preachers.

We were not jealous over the attention of a supposed savior.

Prince George, Canada

#555086 Aug 16, 2014
Regina wrote:
Unlike China or Japan, Catholicism in Korea was not introduced by a colonial or foreign power....
Catholicism was introduced by Catholics missionaries.

Pope John Paul II kissed the Qur'an, while at the same time he had his missionaries preaching at Muslims that their religion of Islam was EVIL from the devil.

You don't WANT to see the lies ... and that is why you don't see the lies.

Prince George, Canada

#555087 Aug 16, 2014
All religion teaches that we are born ill, and must learn through religion how to be well.

I suggest we should teach children that they are born whole and ARE well just as they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 104,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min another viewer 981,124
Ryan et al The Infinity Code 16 min maher86 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min bad bob 184,568
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 46 min Hookamike 18
Why do women suck so much? (Aug '08) 1 hr Joe blow 369
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,835
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Choir Loft 286,298
More from around the web