Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,700
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554689 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was obvious that Catholics and Protestants on this thread only regard each other as "mistaken", not as "evil." Sometimes the Protestants believe the other Protestants to be "mistaken", which I admit I find entertaining.
I heard from a very wise Jewish man,"if you put two Jews in a closet and locked them in,they would come out with a business from that closet." And on the other hand the same man said" Jews argue over everything,it is no wonder how they manage to have such thriving businesses."

Jesus wants us to agree,but HE knew that even His apostles would argue.So we as Christians can agree on the most important points: Jesus was born to a Virgin,the Incarnate Son of God,and He is also the Son of Man(David). Jesus at the age of 12 or so visited the Temple in Jerusalem and confounded the scholars and Rabbis with a wisdom that exceeded them. Jesus appointed 12 men and taught them about His Father's Kingdom,and also prepared them for a life of service to His kingdom,here on earth.
Jesus healed many who were sick,and casted out demons from many who were oppressed. JESUS was hated by the Pharisees,and the Sadducees.Jesus confronted the Religious leaders of His day,but He also loved them the Chosen of the Father.

Jesus was arrested,tried,and (scourged by the Romans), forsaken by His own people to be Crucified,(only His mother,Mary of Magdella,and some Apostles,John, witnessed His crucifixion). Jesus gloriously rose from the dead,both Body,and living soul,a NEW resurrected Body,by the Hand of His Father in heaven.. Jesus for 40 days appeared at various times to strengthen the brethren,and teach them,He also breathed the Holy Spirit upon them. Jesus ascended into heaven,and sits at the right hand of His Father. THE 12 Apostles along with Mary His Mother and others of faith were BAPTIZED by the Holy Spirit (Shuvot, or Pentecost).

We have the Bible now to confirm all of His teachings which He wanted to give to us all in our walk with Christ,inspired by our Comforter given to us by the Father and the Son.

We have the Holy Spirit of Promise to reveal all truth,and most of all the character and beauty of our Savior,the Lord Jesus Christ. AMEN.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#554690 Aug 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call yourself a preacher of the Gospel of Christ and then act like an ass all you want cuz I ain't a preacher, but I am starting to get a little pissed that you call yourself a cowboy.
hahaha
truth

Perth, Australia

#554693 Aug 14, 2014
I start school year 1 with 6 years age first early child in my place.
I start read and wrote perfectly and fluent!
For first 3 years my hand be blue and swallow from my atheist teacher!
Only one reason is been I say them nicely ;''mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554694 Aug 14, 2014
Mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ!
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#554695 Aug 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacky theology.
Judas would have been the only one that stayed faithful to Judaism.
Jesus would have been the philanderer that was easily swayed into a religion foreign to Judaism.
I know you don't want to believe that, but in a real scenario, that would have been the case.
Why are christians down on this character Judas? Isn't the christian story Jesus came to die for our sins? As the christian only story claims Judas did Gods will by helping along the process that enabled him to be killed.

How would the Jesus story have been told if the judges of Jesus decided to give him a second chance that he would be spared from death, or if Jesus was out of town the day they were looking for him?

If Judas was not part of the story, would Jesus then have LIVED for our sins?

The whole story is so non sensical..........but many believe it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554696 Aug 14, 2014
Remember accusers can be very nice too.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#554697 Aug 14, 2014
truth wrote:
I start school year 1 with 6 years age first early child in my place.
I start read and wrote perfectly and fluent!
For first 3 years my hand be blue and swallow from my atheist teacher!
...what color is your hand now?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554698 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bible only" is not in the Bible...but it certainly teaches that....I have shown this to you countless times...
And hojo states Scriptura verbum Dei. Since the Word of God was in fact also inspired by God,and spoken of by His Own dear Son,and we have the ACCOUNT as it were of all those things shared for our instruction and well-being,than in all truth NOTHING can match the Word of God,especially not our traditions. If our traditions are inspired of God and confirmed by Scripture than we can safely incorporate them into our practices,but it is all that is outside of the Scriptures that are under the Scrutiny of the very Bible we have today as our written document of solid truth from God Himself.

How can that be compared to anything else? But in God's mercy and under His inspiration,men and women of faith expound on and write volumes of books relating to the Scriptures.They even say themselves that they are subject to the Word,and that proves also no one has a private interpretation of Scripture,that has not in one way or another been matched or said before. All things said by believers in regards to Scripture has been taught before,and confirmed. We have those who have digressed from that,and proclaim some private revelation,but even they can be finally scrutinized by those who KNOW the Word,and rightfully use it to correct,and also admonish.

Cults and isms are human made due to disobedience and self exaltation. And we see the rise of even more cults,but the Truth still stands,and when we look into God's Word the Bible,we can be rest assured that He will not lead us astray.The Bible is His Book,not ours,we inherit the Promises written in His Book,but we do not have the license to alter His Word,add to it,and to claim it as our own,
truth

Perth, Australia

#554699 Aug 14, 2014
Corrupt diploma and abuse power is very dangerous.
There not any moral religion can't help.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554700 Aug 14, 2014
What a about that 'Jesus know on front his enemy'..its written in Isaiah
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#554701 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I heard from a very wise Jewish man,"if you put two Jews in a closet and locked them in,they would come out with a business from that closet." And on the other hand the same man said" Jews argue over everything,it is no wonder how they manage to have such thriving businesses."
Jesus wants us to agree,but HE knew that even His apostles would argue.So we as Christians can agree on the most important points: Jesus was born to a Virgin,the Incarnate Son of God,and He is also the Son of Man(David). Jesus at the age of 12 or so visited the Temple in Jerusalem and confounded the scholars and Rabbis with a wisdom that exceeded them. Jesus appointed 12 men and taught them about His Father's Kingdom,and also prepared them for a life of service to His kingdom,here on earth.
Jesus healed many who were sick,and casted out demons from many who were oppressed. JESUS was hated by the Pharisees,and the Sadducees.Jesus confronted the Religious leaders of His day,but He also loved them the Chosen of the Father.
Jesus was arrested,tried,and (scourged by the Romans), forsaken by His own people to be Crucified,(only His mother,Mary of Magdella,and some Apostles,John, witnessed His crucifixion). Jesus gloriously rose from the dead,both Body,and living soul,a NEW resurrected Body,by the Hand of His Father in heaven.. Jesus for 40 days appeared at various times to strengthen the brethren,and teach them,He also breathed the Holy Spirit upon them. Jesus ascended into heaven,and sits at the right hand of His Father. THE 12 Apostles along with Mary His Mother and others of faith were BAPTIZED by the Holy Spirit (Shuvot, or Pentecost).
We have the Bible now to confirm all of His teachings which He wanted to give to us all in our walk with Christ,inspired by our Comforter given to us by the Father and the Son.
We have the Holy Spirit of Promise to reveal all truth,and most of all the character and beauty of our Savior,the Lord Jesus Christ. AMEN.
Pad says..........Jesus healed many who were sick,and casted out demons from many who were oppressed. JESUS was hated by the Pharisees,and the Sadducees.Jesus confronted the Religious leaders of His day,but He also loved them the Chosen of the Father.

Jesus was arrested,tried,and (scourged by the Romans), forsaken by His own people to be Crucified,(only His mother,Mary of Magdella,and some Apostles,John, witnessed His crucifixion).

......Remember your writings above are based ONLY on christian writings. No one else from the entire mediteranean during this era, ever mentions anything about these stories or characters.

Christian ONLY story claims Jesus healed and fed thousands of people and witnessed by thousands more. Not one writer of the day recorded such events and not one hand me down story by the thousands supposedly miraclized.

....Is that the way you would expect someone to die for your sins? You have to piss off the religious leaders so badly that they want you killed? A man who was devout to his religion that was the same religion whose leaders wanted him dead.

....makes no common sense....

..Crucifixion.......christian only story claims most of the 12 apostles were hidden away fearing for their lives that they too would be killed!!. 3 days later these same 12 apostles are out and about preaching now to the same authorities they were hiding from 3 days before. HUH!

.....makes no common sense.

....how would christianity have started if according to christian ONLY writers the small crowd who determined the fate of this man, if they decided to crucify Barabas instead of Jesus?

Wasn't it a 50-50 choice? Jesus or Barabas?

...much like the made up Adam and Eve story. What if Eve decided to NOT eat from the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge.

.....its all so silly.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554702 Aug 14, 2014
White and clean except few's visible marks when to be cut on couple place from my another atheist teacher who give me metal scrap sponge and squeeze into hand by hand that time its been full of blade when I say nicely as sweet as ever I could..'mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ.'..its been in years 6 that time I been 12 years age!
I never tell to my father and mother not to be provoked into trouble in both occasion.
nk
by
truth

Perth, Australia

#554703 Aug 14, 2014
Never trust corrupt diploma and smart accusers!
truth

Perth, Australia

#554704 Aug 14, 2014
its written
many will be call
so small numbers choose..
How can be is funny '?'.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554705 Aug 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for a non Catholic site. Wiki lists Linus as the second pope. The Orthodox and Anglicans also recognize him as a saint and Bishop of Rome in the 1st century. Why is it only the virulent anti-Catholic fundamentalist evangelical protestants reject documented history while secular historians and other non-Catholic Christians accept it?
Peter was an Apostle,it makes really little sense to call him pope. I know what the word means phonetically or its basic PAPA,but it has no basis in the position of PETER and his being an Apostle. The Apostles were the Leaders of the FAITH that Christ appointed them to.Their tradition and teachings were limited to what they were called throughout history APOSTLES. Peter no doubt had a great influence on the Church in Rome,and notwithstanding he was allowed to minister to those already brought to faith by the APOSTLE Paul.

Was Paul a pope? No,yet he was the Apostle used by Jesus Himself to evangelize the Gentiles. No position in Christian hierarchy is greater than the APOSTLE. That is basically why most denominations and your church included DO NOT use that title,especially to honor the legacy of the Apostles appointed first of all by JESUS Himself.

Modern day churches with the exception of a few never use the title Apostle,yes I know of those that do,and personally I think it is better to HONOR the original Apostles,including Paul,and leave the title with them. I understand the use of the word apostolate,and that is respectful of ministry that relates to that of the Body of Christ,INITIATED by the original Apostles,understandable,no argument.

When we see the office of the Pope throughout the ages until now,it seems to me most disrespectful to Peter to be called anything less than the Apostle Peter,and that surely his role as an Apostle of Christ would be far greater than any bishop or Cardinal and or Pope of the RCC. The title pope was used for the leaders of many of the jurisdictions of Christian communities outside of Rome as well.

Do you feel that the title of Pope is greater than Apostle?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554706 Aug 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad says..........Jesus healed many who were sick,and casted out demons from many who were oppressed. JESUS was hated by the Pharisees,and the Sadducees.Jesus confronted the Religious leaders of His day,but He also loved them the Chosen of the Father.
Jesus was arrested,tried,and (scourged by the Romans), forsaken by His own people to be Crucified,(only His mother,Mary of Magdella,and some Apostles,John, witnessed His crucifixion).
......Remember your writings above are based ONLY on christian writings. No one else from the entire mediteranean during this era, ever mentions anything about these stories or characters.
Christian ONLY story claims Jesus healed and fed thousands of people and witnessed by thousands more. Not one writer of the day recorded such events and not one hand me down story by the thousands supposedly miraclized.
....Is that the way you would expect someone to die for your sins? You have to piss off the religious leaders so badly that they want you killed? A man who was devout to his religion that was the same religion whose leaders wanted him dead.
....makes no common sense....
..Crucifixion.......christian only story claims most of the 12 apostles were hidden away fearing for their lives that they too would be killed!!. 3 days later these same 12 apostles are out and about preaching now to the same authorities they were hiding from 3 days before. HUH!
.....makes no common sense.
....how would christianity have started if according to christian ONLY writers the small crowd who determined the fate of this man, if they decided to crucify Barabas instead of Jesus?
Wasn't it a 50-50 choice? Jesus or Barabas?
...much like the made up Adam and Eve story. What if Eve decided to NOT eat from the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge.
.....its all so silly.
Michael if you were to break down the ideological premise of every known philosophy and ism of our planet,you would find silly things,that baffle the minds of many. Intelligent beings we all are with many: philosophies and teachings,instructions,suggest ions,propositions,preferences and whatever.

All that is inspired in we humans has origin and purpose,that is why we can safely relate to each other,no matter what the persuasion.But not all of what we humans have gathered from our philosophers and geniuses of thought is truth. Pilate asked Jesus"What is Truth?"

You can easily reject the gospel of Christ because you believe there is no origin,or that the daily newspapers of that time period did not mention Christ or His followers in their People to People section. Yet we know and is recorded in History the terrible persecutions of Christians in the first century,which by the way was somehow formed after centuries of many preceding,so how is it that we have a first century AD, and those BC? How is our whole way of life so affected by that which you suggest never existed?

The Bible may be to you some illusive diatribe of religious rhetoric,but it is in fact a historical document as well,and many secularists seem to use it as a resource continuously, in spite of the atheists who would like to see it burned to the stake as it were,and never surface again.

I am not able to prove to you that the Bible is the Word of God,nor can I prove that JESUS is even the Savior.But I know that where my mind was once alien to His existence and life,it is now alive with thoughts of His life,presence and future with Him.That may be all silly to you,but it is life to me. Somehow it seems you must come to the place where you candidly step out of yourself and ask HIM face to face about those questions you have for me. Try it,and be serious with Him,do not give yourself the opportunity to interfere in that conversation, ask Him sincerely,and if you receive no response get a hold of a Bible and start reading it, you will find He often answers our questions through the reading of that Word.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554707 Aug 14, 2014
Metal scrap sponge two teachers squeeze hand by hand as crown pain blade start go as tiny river everywhere trough classroom..I did not cry front of them..no sense to show them tears which they liked see over child which they abuse on atheist way as they do on many many in my country.

'Mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ'..I told them sweet as I could very nice on peaceful way!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#554708 Aug 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe you are my enemy, as unlike others on the forum and you ... I don't have a religion TO defend.
I would like humans to stop being so stupid by fighting OVER religious nonsense.
But I am also realistic enough to know that you WILL keep bickering over who the supposed god loves and who he will reject to hell.
oh don't try to kid yourself, June, you do enough bickering against others here to make islamic suicide bombers ashamed for their lack of zeal;-)
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#554709 Aug 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted before..
One life lost because of Jesus name BY the Church or its Monarchs was too many.
You were trying to say it was ok, like Moses..
That was a whole different command from GOD directly to him.
It was not an interpretation of how treat people centuries after Christ .
That's not what He said.
If indeed as some have cited, it was not all the POPES, then why not excommunicated those who did did the killing or torture.
I read those other sites posted here, apologetics , it was a different time , it was and there WAS LINKED POWER between Church and State.
To me this was the problem . Jesus did not leave a secular Church .
Your Pope now has courage if he does excommunicated Mafia ..they could kill him
John Paul was not a,Pope like those in the Inquisitiins.
But you folks don't get that without the Reformation the Church and State might still be linked
As they were , falling into that kind of excess they had back then.
Imo, very unhealthy spiritually
I also read the Jewish site I gave you . Who is telling the truth.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
And have read things here and there for years.
This,board may exaggerate one way or the other , but you were saying it was okay , which is why I commented to you .
Jesus is Lord ..I have no doubts on this. He was slaughtered as a Lamb , he will return as the Lion of Judah .
He basically told the apostles to use their words, to coin a phrase, not the sword to spread the good news.
Ok, so you didn't provide any link to the literature you've been reading about the Inquisition. Is that because you haven't really read about it and are only accepting all the anti-catholics' distorted rants about it rather than actually research the matter yourself?
My point is that the TRUTH needs to be protected and kept pure and available to all generations since the condition of their eternal souls depend on it. Don't you think that's important? Or do you think everyone gets to heaven if they are just polite and nice and say the sinner's prayer?
What is worse: a few recalcitrant people who were spreading dangerous heresies which endanger millions of people's souls to an eternal hell are elimintated, OR that we just allow them to spread lies and darkness all over the world and lead MILLIONS into damnation?
If God told you to plant a garden and tend it so that much fruits and vegetables could be produced, would you fail to weed it for fear that pulling the weeds might hurt the weeds' feelings?
Jesus revealed the saving gospel to the Church and entrusted the Church to protect it and teach it to the ends of the world because people's eternal souls depend on it. But you say "how dare the Church do so!!!"
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554710 Aug 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you learn to understand that your religion is what confuses you, you will then stop placing faith IN your religion as being based on universal truth.
There is nothing wrong with admitting to your self ... "I don't know if awareness continues after the death of physical bodies." There is nothing wrong with that admittance ... whatsoever. It shows at least a semblance of humility.
Religious regalia in its claims of knowing ahead of "time" what will occur ... does not display any humility whatsoever.
We are in awe of Doctors of Medicine,and Scientists who know about the mechanics of life,and elements and whatnot,we listen to learned men and women as they expound upon philosophies,and do you consider them all lacking humility when they discuss or teach about their expertise JUNE?

It is a fact that those doctors and scientists not only studied books that relate to their educational preference,but that they EXPERIENCED first hand what it was to touch with their hands,to handle the things they are gifted to teach about.

You are in the dark,because you refuse to believe that men and women of faith have no license to share about their walk with God,to you they are all deceivers,and without any real proof you are condemning millions of people to your estimation of a useless state of being.

In essence a form of hell that you would conjure up in your mind for those who LIE,and DECEIVE,and teach false things worthy of some sort of punishment,as those deceived no doubt are their victims. Victims who for years remain deceived and promote the deception from generation to generation,corrupting the young, and causing the conflicts you see in the world today.

Yet the truth is that the scientists,and the doctors all are seeking the origin of many things they handle,and they are the first to say they do not KNOW it all,and there are countless mysteries to what we see before us.Meteorologists are intrigued by the weather,and they report it with much fervor,but many wonder why the intensity of the extreme weather patterns that threaten us daily,they have only the mechanics of their machines to determine the beginning of a phenomena,and the technology to chart where it is going,and with what intensity it will hit on land mass or whatever. Yet the truth be known,all of our scientists can do nothing to alter the grave fears they have for meteor strikes,and earthquakes and you name it.

What is unseen, not known by our greatest technologies cannot be dominated by humanity.

God is not dead,He is Alive and well,and He is concerned about you June!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Holy dr Shrink 603,529
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 763,687
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 263,395
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min kevin Nelson 175,015
Dish Network 21 min mnb0495 1
Is Incest with mother is most pleasurable of all? (Feb '12) 37 min fdskjfsdkj344 38
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 39 min Hatti_Hollerand 64
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 2 hr Arun 137

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE