Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678650 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554748 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, those in glass houses should not throw stones. All have sinned, yes even the protestants leaders.
Salem witch trails....protestants!
Most protestant leave the Church because of re - marriage, and more re-marriage. At least that's what goes on in this forum. Then they become super anti-catholic, its what they learn in their new church.... Probably the only way they can keep members.
Divorced....Ox, guest, LTM, and maybe Rose (?)
(For Dust too :)]
I've given up on Rose, she's all over the place on all her post... I'm done with her.
At times she seems out of it, might be on meds, like Preston.
I can just feel all that True Church Christian love in your post.. A perfect example for backing up your claim.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554749 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
More News- Pope Francis is in So. Korea. God Bless his journey!
Rome Report News
Percentage of Catholics in South Korea continue to grow
2014-08-14
"The number of Catholics in South Korea has grown exponentially in the last 50 years.
In 1949, Catholics represented roughly 1% of the population, compared to now where they represent 10%. Also, the number of priests, which was at only 81, is now over 4,000.
An estimated 100,000 adults are baptized yearly in South Korea. In 2011, the number of baptisms reached 109,000. In comparison, adult baptisms in France reached 3,000 and in the United States it reached 43,000.
With these numbers, it's no surprise that the Church has launched a "20-20” plan, with the goal of increasing the number of Catholics to 20% by the year 2020.
Catholics in South Korea are also present in the fields of education and health. They run over 500 homes for the elderly and disabled, and roughly 300 schools. "
....We all know that Christianity is growing in the east and middle east, however western Europe where it all started has lost millions of followers.

....1 example. In one generation. France boasts 85% of inhabitants are baptized catholic, but less than 10% of these catholics attend mandatory Sunday mass when required

......within a generation or two the vast majority of catholics will live in Africa/Asia.

...today in the USA 34% of catholics are Latinos. Pew research claims by 2030 over half of all catholics in america will be Latino. Where have western culture catholics gone?

....Today in the USA, over 50 million or 16.5% of Americans claim to be non religious. Just 15 years ago only 8% of Americans were non religious.

.....the demographics of religion in our world is changing very quickly.

....the big issue within the Catholic church in america is that only 1 in 4 baptized american Catholics attend mandatory Sunday mass. The vast majority of american catholics use birth control. Vast majority of catholics believe celibacy should be optional.

.....the catholic church has a very long hard struggle keeping baptized catholics interested. That should be their focus, not attaining higher numbers.

....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554750 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
From a Lutheran US Chaplin
Protestantism’s Great Heresy – Ignoring the Blessed Mother
By Graham Glover -
This Friday, 15 August
, the calendars of Lutherans, Anglicans, and perhaps some other liturgically minded Protestants calls for the celebration of ‘St. Mary – Mother of our Lord’. On this same day, Roman Catholics will celebrate the ‘Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary’ and the Orthodox the ‘Dormition of the Theotokos’.
Unfortunately, this feast does not fall on a Sunday, which means most Protestants will hear nothing of it this year. They will not meditate on the readings, the hymns, or the propers assigned for this day. I highly doubt many Lutheran parishes will even reference it in the Prayers of the Church on Sunday morning. And this is sad. For those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, it’s tragic, as venerating Mary does nothing but point people to her Son. Yet it’s hardly surprising. In fact, I think it’s emblematic of Protestantism’s greatest heresy – ignoring the role that the Blessed Virgin Mary plays in our faith.
I know this is a strong statement. It’s a stinging indictment of the movement to which I belong and a church body of which I am a pastor. But as much as I wish it weren’t true, I’m afraid it is. We Protestants say we hold the Blessed Mother in high esteem. Our calendars even have a few days set aside during the year to honor her. But this is nothing short of window dressing, as the Blessed Virgin Mary has little to do with the faith we confess. And this must change. We Protestants have to do better. To ignore the Blessed Virgin is to ignore her Son, something no follower of the Christ should ever desire to do.
For starters, I’ve always found it ironic that we who proclaim ‘Sola Scriptura’ seem to ignore the Scriptures when Mary tells us in her Magnificat:“from now on all generations will call me blessed.” But we do – that is, we Protestants almost always ignore this commendation, thereby betraying our own hermeneutic.
How often (if ever) do Protestants refer to Mary as the Blessed Virgin, the Blessed Mother, etc.? We certainly respect her, but we most assuredly do not treat her as the most noble gem in all of Christendom [after her Son], as our own Martin Luther referred to her.
Rather, we lump her together with the other saints of the New Testament. But the Blessed Mother is nothing of the sort. She is no ordinary saint. She is the saint of saints. She is the Theotokos – the Mother of God, a title given her at the Council of Ephesus in 431 and echoed in the Lutheran Book of Concord. The Blessed Mother is the example that all Christians should emulate. Her “Yes” to the angel Gabriel is an act of faith that sets the standard for all of the Church to follow. And yet when was the last time you heard a sermon, sat through a Bible Class, or read a Protestant theologian commend the Blessed Virgin Mary as such?
Read more here.....
http://thejaggedword.com/2014/08/12/protestan...
....what you are claiming catholics go to heaven, protestants don't. Is that what you are claiming?

...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554751 Aug 14, 2014
truth wrote:
White and clean except few's visible marks when to be cut on couple place from my another atheist teacher who give me metal scrap sponge and squeeze into hand by hand that time its been full of blade when I say nicely as sweet as ever I could..'mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ.'..its been in years 6 that time I been 12 years age!
I never tell to my father and mother not to be provoked into trouble in both occasion.
nk
by
...well! When I was young and went to catholic school the nuns inflicted corporal punishments on the children. They were brutal.

.....at the bottom of the world Australia the kids are cry babies........complain about nothing. At least move up to the equator.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#554752 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since God said to Jeremiah "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;" Jeremiah is the only human than God ever knew before He formed him in the belly????
Quote: For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Does that apply to David only???? If so, would that not show God being limited in knowledge...in knowing the past/present/future for eternity for every human being???
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect
almighty:
1. having unlimited power; omnipotent, as God.
It appears you are leaning towards disbelieving God's Word regards what He can do....
Oxbow

God's Knowledge, is not our knowledge. Neither do we know how to Create the Universe, or keep it Operating as God does. It all belongs to Him. And in Creation, He has given each of us free-will to choose the direction in which we go.

It is not as if we are some programmed robots. But rather find ourselves making decisions based on experience. And then somewhere along this human experience, one encounters doing good or evil, and begins figuring out a better direction is toward the Good.(Of course some people do not, nor do some but have but a fleeting interest....)

Its God's Kingdom, and it Operates under His Rules. And Jesus, more or less established these as the Beatitudes, and to Love God and each other. And that is why those people who do not even know Jesus, but are doing the Beatitudes and loving God and neighbor, are doing His Will, and will be judged accordingly in what we know as this moment in time, and in eternity.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554753 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
and when I insult people, I do so on the fact that they are ignorant, about the word of God and how they don't follow it.
I DONT attack because of a physical disability like is done to me.
There is nothing Christian about attacking someone that has a physical disability or a terminal illness. I will never forget the mean and hateful things that were said to Nick for his opinions one night. Tormenting him with insults and when I begged for these two people to stop I was told that we didn't have to be here. We could leave. I don't see and good coming from insulting anyone. As Christian we should set an example and become the better person than the batter.. Our actions speaks volumes....God Bless...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#554754 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since God said to Jeremiah "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;" Jeremiah is the only human than God ever knew before He formed him in the belly????
Quote: For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Does that apply to David only???? If so, would that not show God being limited in knowledge...in knowing the past/present/future for eternity for every human being???
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect
almighty:
1. having unlimited power; omnipotent, as God.
It appears you are leaning towards disbelieving God's Word regards what He can do....
you seem to negate the intelligence of a human, which would make you a mutant. Robert is very seldom right but on this subject he is.

Man is given Free will by the Creator to do or not do. if a man chooses not, then he might end up in a belly of a large whale.

God doesn't want to make us do His Will, but He can make us sorry that we didn't Obey Him, for instance Saul, the first king. disobedience cost him that kingship, and no doubt his soul.

another good example as to why OSAS is a false doctrine, saul once had Salvation, later lost it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#554755 Aug 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just feel all that True Church Christian love in your post.. A perfect example for backing up your claim.
probably everyone on here knows that RoS posts using a kindle, and I don't think that any mistakes that she might make are not able to be seen.

Ros is a very Good person and her heart is in the right place, while star doesn't seem to even have a heart.

and I don't believe she has ever said anything bad about any body on this forum, and no person seeking Prayer would be turned down by her, and I believe with all my heart that her prayers will reach the glory of heaven, a place ,that has never heard the prayers of star.lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554756 Aug 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even bother Preston ..seriously not worth it..and no one's business .
Thank you for your service
I enjoy reading your post. Its whats in your heart and how you live your life that matters Rose not the opinions of some people on this forum. People you will never meet, who don't pay your bills or put food on your table. God Bless

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554757 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
probably everyone on here knows that RoS posts using a kindle, and I don't think that any mistakes that she might make are not able to be seen.
Ros is a very Good person and her heart is in the right place, while star doesn't seem to even have a heart.
and I don't believe she has ever said anything bad about any body on this forum, and no person seeking Prayer would be turned down by her, and I believe with all my heart that her prayers will reach the glory of heaven, a place ,that has never heard the prayers of star.lol
I agree with you. Rose does have a good heart and I am blessed to have her as a friend. She was a great comfort to me and we have wonderful conversation via phone .She has never said anything bad about anyone and she has no evil in her heart. Many times we have shared each others belief and I enjoy talking with her about my faith and learning about her's...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554758 Aug 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing Christian about attacking someone that has a physical disability or a terminal illness. I will never forget the mean and hateful things that were said to Nick for his opinions one night. Tormenting him with insults and when I begged for these two people to stop I was told that we didn't have to be here. We could leave. I don't see and good coming from insulting anyone. As Christian we should set an example and become the better person than the batter.. Our actions speaks volumes....God Bless...
I rest my case...thank you icon fairy....lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554759 Aug 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Is that sentiment exclusive to only Christians?
I'm not sure.....what do you think?

They do seem to use it a lot when they have no where else to turn.
Anthony MN

United States

#554760 Aug 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
For those following our brothers and sisters in Iraq.
http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2014/08...
May the Lord hold them in the palm of His hand and make His Face to shine on them and grant them peace and strength , in Jesus name , Amen
Very kind of you Rose, such a tragic situation. I also appreciate you calling them "brothers and sisters", even though you may not realize the vast majority are Chaldean Catholics in communion with Rome. Does it bother you that many of your protestant friends here don't consider them Christian brothers and sisters?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554761 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that 2Tim makes these writings "Scripture". Ok, well, someone else can go ahead and think 2Tim makes the Sunday paper "Scripture." But it might not actually make it so.
You did try to tell me what I believe (that I don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught). You don't even know "all of what Jesus taught", so why don't you ask yourself why you don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught"?
Still trying to skate around the facts, huh?

"So you think that 2Tim makes these writings "Scripture". Ok, well, someone else can go ahead and think 2Tim makes the Sunday paper "Scripture." But it might not actually make it so."
- CORRECT - "Paul" and no man can determine what is of "God" and what is not. But you seem to think certain men can and have been concluded.

Please provide the specific statement by "God" that states which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.

You can do this, right?

I don't think you can or will. Which tells me, in a nutshell, everything you have posted to me is nothing but your own choice in belief and perception.....which is more accurately Self.

So, why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught? You've yet to answer this very simple question. Are you afraid of answering altogether? Why?
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554762 Aug 14, 2014
To give unto them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS
That they might be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified" Isaiah 61:3&#65279;

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554763 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know "all of what Jesus taught", so why don't you ask yourself why you don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught"?
Incorrect conclusion.

There is plenty of teachings by Jesus that are not in the canon that I accept and utilize in my life.

I'm just not as arrogant as you or other so-called "Christians" are - I can admit that the Bible is incomplete of Jesus teachings. You on the other hand, exclaim otherwise.

Shoot - you can't even be honest enough to admit Thomas was an Apostle of Jesus' and his supposed writing of what Jesus taught is fraudulent (ref GoThomas).

I don't, because I can accept that Jesus taught MANY things and that to separate a man's belief, as Christianity has done, changes the actual story to what they felt.

Just like you now - promoting that same message - "disregard these teachings of Jesus, but use these ones over here for life."

*sighs*
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554764 Aug 14, 2014
Bible Verse of the Day

10And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
11And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Matthew 9:10-13 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554765 Aug 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
God's Knowledge, is not our knowledge. Neither do we know how to Create the Universe, or keep it Operating as God does. It all belongs to Him. And in Creation, He has given each of us free-will to choose the direction in which we go.
It is not as if we are some programmed robots. But rather find ourselves making decisions based on experience. And then somewhere along this human experience, one encounters doing good or evil, and begins figuring out a better direction is toward the Good.(Of course some people do not, nor do some but have but a fleeting interest....)
Its God's Kingdom, and it Operates under His Rules. And Jesus, more or less established these as the Beatitudes, and to Love God and each other. And that is why those people who do not even know Jesus, but are doing the Beatitudes and loving God and neighbor, are doing His Will, and will be judged accordingly in what we know as this moment in time, and in eternity.
You did not answer my questions...

Ephesians 1: 3, 4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places with Christ Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love"

God knows each human life, and He knew each life before the Creation of the Universe. He does offer the gift of Salvation to all, but He knew before the world began, who would accept it and who would reject it....that is where "free will" comes in...

Your choice...you can believe the truth in God's Word. or you can dance all around the rose bush till you are blue in the face....but you cannot refute the Truth in God's Word...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554766 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to negate the intelligence of a human, which would make you a mutant. Robert is very seldom right but on this subject he is.
Man is given Free will by the Creator to do or not do. if a man chooses not, then he might end up in a belly of a large whale.
God doesn't want to make us do His Will, but He can make us sorry that we didn't Obey Him, for instance Saul, the first king. disobedience cost him that kingship, and no doubt his soul.
another good example as to why OSAS is a false doctrine, saul once had Salvation, later lost it.
I never argued against free will...it was given to us by God....you are at sea again....the bible clearly teaches that God, before the beginning of the world, knew which individual would accept His free gift of Salvation and who would not...

To say that this is impossible is to say God is limited...and says His Word is false:Ephesians 1: 3, 4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places with Christ Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554767 Aug 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Rose does have a good heart and I am blessed to have her as a friend. She was a great comfort to me and we have wonderful conversation via phone .She has never said anything bad about anyone and she has no evil in her heart. Many times we have shared each others belief and I enjoy talking with her about my faith and learning about her's...
Right back at you Sis ..you will be my friend always.

Personal Insults washing at folks who are older or have a disability....well they speak for themselves..

God bless you and yours..always..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor Realist Calling Doctor Reality 33 min Doctor REALITY 2
.........why I'm afraid of God 38 min Doctor REALITY 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 52 min spud 2,208
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min Clearwater 118,659
News Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'great... 1 hr C Kersey 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr worthless crap 46,208
More from around the web