Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687370 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554759 Aug 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Is that sentiment exclusive to only Christians?
I'm not sure.....what do you think?

They do seem to use it a lot when they have no where else to turn.
Anthony MN

United States

#554760 Aug 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
For those following our brothers and sisters in Iraq.
http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2014/08...
May the Lord hold them in the palm of His hand and make His Face to shine on them and grant them peace and strength , in Jesus name , Amen
Very kind of you Rose, such a tragic situation. I also appreciate you calling them "brothers and sisters", even though you may not realize the vast majority are Chaldean Catholics in communion with Rome. Does it bother you that many of your protestant friends here don't consider them Christian brothers and sisters?

Albuquerque, NM

#554761 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that 2Tim makes these writings "Scripture". Ok, well, someone else can go ahead and think 2Tim makes the Sunday paper "Scripture." But it might not actually make it so.
You did try to tell me what I believe (that I don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught). You don't even know "all of what Jesus taught", so why don't you ask yourself why you don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught"?
Still trying to skate around the facts, huh?

"So you think that 2Tim makes these writings "Scripture". Ok, well, someone else can go ahead and think 2Tim makes the Sunday paper "Scripture." But it might not actually make it so."
- CORRECT - "Paul" and no man can determine what is of "God" and what is not. But you seem to think certain men can and have been concluded.

Please provide the specific statement by "God" that states which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.

You can do this, right?

I don't think you can or will. Which tells me, in a nutshell, everything you have posted to me is nothing but your own choice in belief and perception.....which is more accurately Self.

So, why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught? You've yet to answer this very simple question. Are you afraid of answering altogether? Why?
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554762 Aug 14, 2014
To give unto them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
THE GARMENT OF PRAISE FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS
That they might be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified" Isaiah 61:3&#65279;

Albuquerque, NM

#554763 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know "all of what Jesus taught", so why don't you ask yourself why you don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught"?
Incorrect conclusion.

There is plenty of teachings by Jesus that are not in the canon that I accept and utilize in my life.

I'm just not as arrogant as you or other so-called "Christians" are - I can admit that the Bible is incomplete of Jesus teachings. You on the other hand, exclaim otherwise.

Shoot - you can't even be honest enough to admit Thomas was an Apostle of Jesus' and his supposed writing of what Jesus taught is fraudulent (ref GoThomas).

I don't, because I can accept that Jesus taught MANY things and that to separate a man's belief, as Christianity has done, changes the actual story to what they felt.

Just like you now - promoting that same message - "disregard these teachings of Jesus, but use these ones over here for life."

*sighs*
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554764 Aug 14, 2014
Bible Verse of the Day

10And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
11And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Matthew 9:10-13 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554765 Aug 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
God's Knowledge, is not our knowledge. Neither do we know how to Create the Universe, or keep it Operating as God does. It all belongs to Him. And in Creation, He has given each of us free-will to choose the direction in which we go.
It is not as if we are some programmed robots. But rather find ourselves making decisions based on experience. And then somewhere along this human experience, one encounters doing good or evil, and begins figuring out a better direction is toward the Good.(Of course some people do not, nor do some but have but a fleeting interest....)
Its God's Kingdom, and it Operates under His Rules. And Jesus, more or less established these as the Beatitudes, and to Love God and each other. And that is why those people who do not even know Jesus, but are doing the Beatitudes and loving God and neighbor, are doing His Will, and will be judged accordingly in what we know as this moment in time, and in eternity.
You did not answer my questions...

Ephesians 1: 3, 4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places with Christ Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love"

God knows each human life, and He knew each life before the Creation of the Universe. He does offer the gift of Salvation to all, but He knew before the world began, who would accept it and who would reject it....that is where "free will" comes in...

Your choice...you can believe the truth in God's Word. or you can dance all around the rose bush till you are blue in the face....but you cannot refute the Truth in God's Word...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554766 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to negate the intelligence of a human, which would make you a mutant. Robert is very seldom right but on this subject he is.
Man is given Free will by the Creator to do or not do. if a man chooses not, then he might end up in a belly of a large whale.
God doesn't want to make us do His Will, but He can make us sorry that we didn't Obey Him, for instance Saul, the first king. disobedience cost him that kingship, and no doubt his soul.
another good example as to why OSAS is a false doctrine, saul once had Salvation, later lost it.
I never argued against free will...it was given to us by God....you are at sea again....the bible clearly teaches that God, before the beginning of the world, knew which individual would accept His free gift of Salvation and who would not...

To say that this is impossible is to say God is limited...and says His Word is false:Ephesians 1: 3, 4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places with Christ Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554767 Aug 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Rose does have a good heart and I am blessed to have her as a friend. She was a great comfort to me and we have wonderful conversation via phone .She has never said anything bad about anyone and she has no evil in her heart. Many times we have shared each others belief and I enjoy talking with her about my faith and learning about her's...
Right back at you Sis ..you will be my friend always.

Personal Insults washing at folks who are older or have a disability....well they speak for themselves..

God bless you and yours..always..
Sherlayne

United States

#554768 Aug 14, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect conclusion.
There is plenty of teachings by Jesus that are not in the canon that I accept and utilize in my life.
I'm just not as arrogant as you or other so-called "Christians" are - I can admit that the Bible is incomplete of Jesus teachings. You on the other hand, exclaim otherwise.
Shoot - you can't even be honest enough to admit Thomas was an Apostle of Jesus' and his supposed writing of what Jesus taught is fraudulent (ref GoThomas).
I don't, because I can accept that Jesus taught MANY things and that to separate a man's belief, as Christianity has done, changes the actual story to what they felt.
Just like you now - promoting that same message - "disregard these teachings of Jesus, but use these ones over here for life."
*sighs*
New Age & Just Sayin'- you're both smart and that's a great thing, but unlike the both of you, I simply do not know what to believe. Please excuse interruption.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554769 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
probably everyone on here knows that RoS posts using a kindle, and I don't think that any mistakes that she might make are not able to be seen.
Ros is a very Good person and her heart is in the right place, while star doesn't seem to even have a heart.
and I don't believe she has ever said anything bad about any body on this forum, and no person seeking Prayer would be turned down by her, and I believe with all my heart that her prayers will reach the glory of heaven, a place ,that has never heard the prayers of star.lol
Me and Madame Kindle are just fine, Preston Thanks. AND have our senses intact, though Madame has her way with punctuation and words .and a,mind of her own.:)

I have let temper come into my posts, and it feels bad spiritually , so I need a break and prayer,, but really don't think insulting gets a good
Reception, so it's not good , and certainly not insulting folks for their infirmities , which has happened before on here and was so very very awful..

God bless you and yours

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554770 Aug 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Very kind of you Rose, such a tragic situation. I also appreciate you calling them "brothers and sisters", even though you may not realize the vast majority are Chaldean Catholics in communion with Rome. Does it bother you that many of your protestant friends here don't consider them Christian brothers and sisters?
Anthony I think everyone here prays for persecuted Christians. And I know you have NEVER EVER read me say that Catholics cannot be Christian

.these people are dying for belief in the same Saviour most of us,profess.
This is what Pad was saying this morning ...we have many, most core beliefs in common.

As,for Joels blog , he writes about Israel.and the middle east , with a Christian heart and much compassion for all there , including the Palestinians,being used as human shields and Pawns.
His heart is in. CHRIST and in Israel. And without regard that I've seen in any of it to denominations. He is at least half Jewish .

The problems,Christians,face worldwide are so much bigger than this,thread and our differences . The men viloently trying to kill or force conversion, I doubt would care which Church they attended..

We must keep these,people in our prayers .and the people of Israel and Darfur and all those persecuted .
GOD bless you and yours
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#554771 Aug 14, 2014
who="Pad"]<quoted text>I heard from a very wise Jewish man,"if you put two Jews in a closet and locked them in,they would come out with a business from that closet." And on the other hand the same man said" Jews argue over everything,it is no wonder how they manage to have such thriving businesses."
Jesus wants us to agree,but HE knew that even His apostles would argue.So we as Christians can agree on the most important points: Jesus was born to a Virgin,the Incarnate Son of God,and He is also the Son of Man(David). Jesus at the age of 12 or so visited the Temple in Jerusalem and confounded the scholars and Rabbis with a wisdom that exceeded them. Jesus appointed 12 men and taught them about His Father's Kingdom,and also prepared them for a life of service to His kingdom,here on earth.
Jesus healed many who were sick,and casted out demons from many who were oppressed. JESUS was hated by the Pharisees,and the Sadducees.Jesus confronted the Religious leaders of His day,but He also loved them the Chosen of the Father.
Jesus was arrested,tried,and (scourged by the Romans), forsaken by His own people to be Crucified,(only His mother,Mary of Magdella,and some Apostles,John, witnessed His crucifixion). Jesus gloriously rose from the dead,both Body,and living soul,a NEW resurrected Body,by the Hand of His Father in heaven.. Jesus for 40 days appeared at various times to strengthen the brethren,and teach them,He also breathed the Holy Spirit upon them. Jesus ascended into heaven,and sits at the right hand of His Father. THE 12 Apostles along with Mary His Mother and others of faith were BAPTIZED by the Holy Spirit (Shuvot, or Pentecost).
We have the Bible now to confirm all of His teachings which He wanted to give to us all in our walk with Christ,inspired by our Comforter given to us by the Father and the Son.
We have the Holy Spirit of Promise to reveal all truth,and most of all the character and beauty of our Savior,the Lord Jesus Christ. AMEN.
----------
Good post, Pad.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#554772 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
probably everyone on here knows that RoS posts using a kindle, and I don't think that any mistakes that she might make are not able to be seen.
Ros is a very Good person and her heart is in the right place, while star doesn't seem to even have a heart.
and I don't believe she has ever said anything bad about any body on this forum, and no person seeking Prayer would be turned down by her, and I believe with all my heart that her prayers will reach the glory of heaven, a place ,that has never heard the prayers of star.lol
Rose is asking for prayers for the Chaldean Catholics being persecuted in Iraq. Do think her prayers for these middle eastern Catholics will reach the glory of heaven?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554773 Aug 14, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case...thank you icon fairy....lol
We could guess ..lol.
Nahhh
Sherlayne

United States

#554774 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer my questions...
Ephesians 1: 3, 4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places with Christ Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love"
God knows each human life, and He knew each life before the Creation of the Universe. He does offer the gift of Salvation to all, but He knew before the world began, who would accept it and who would reject it....that is where "free will" comes in...
Your choice...you can believe the truth in God's Word. or you can dance all around the rose bush till you are blue in the face....but you cannot refute the Truth in God's Word...
Oxbow - quick question - quantum mechanics - doesn't that mean things, including such things as creation, "just happen?"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554775 Aug 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked Pad but maybe he missed the post.

I often wonder if people reach their limit of torture how the can hold on..I know God grants grace ..and I pray for His,mercy to those who lose strength ...what would we do if tortured or watching our children tortured?????

May Jesus grant them mercy and comfort
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#554776 Aug 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony I think everyone here prays for persecuted Christians. And I know you have NEVER EVER read me say that Catholics cannot be Christian
.these people are dying for belief in the same Saviour most of us,profess.
This is what Pad was saying this morning ...we have many, most core beliefs in common.
As,for Joels blog , he writes about Israel.and the middle east , with a Christian heart and much compassion for all there , including the Palestinians,being used as human shields and Pawns.
His heart is in. CHRIST and in Israel. And without regard that I've seen in any of it to denominations. He is at least half Jewish .
The problems,Christians,face worldwide are so much bigger than this,thread and our differences . The men viloently trying to kill or force conversion, I doubt would care which Church they attended..
We must keep these,people in our prayers .and the people of Israel and Darfur and all those persecuted .
GOD bless you and yours
I know YOUR position Rose, I'm interested in knowing how you feel about your protestant friends who say they AREN'T Christians because they're members of a satanic cult loyal to the pope in Rome?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554777 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael if you were to break down the ideological premise of every known philosophy and ism of our planet,you would find silly things,that baffle the minds of many. Intelligent beings we all are with many: philosophies and teachings,instructions,suggest ions,propositions,preferences and whatever.
All that is inspired in we humans has origin and purpose,that is why we can safely relate to each other,no matter what the persuasion.But not all of what we humans have gathered from our philosophers and geniuses of thought is truth. Pilate asked Jesus"What is Truth?"
You can easily reject the gospel of Christ because you believe there is no origin,or that the daily newspapers of that time period did not mention Christ or His followers in their People to People section. Yet we know and is recorded in History the terrible persecutions of Christians in the first century,which by the way was somehow formed after centuries of many preceding,so how is it that we have a first century AD, and those BC? How is our whole way of life so affected by that which you suggest never existed?
The Bible may be to you some illusive diatribe of religious rhetoric,but it is in fact a historical document as well,and many secularists seem to use it as a resource continuously, in spite of the atheists who would like to see it burned to the stake as it were,and never surface again.
I am not able to prove to you that the Bible is the Word of God,nor can I prove that JESUS is even the Savior.But I know that where my mind was once alien to His existence and life,it is now alive with thoughts of His life,presence and future with Him.That may be all silly to you,but it is life to me. Somehow it seems you must come to the place where you candidly step out of yourself and ask HIM face to face about those questions you have for me. Try it,and be serious with Him,do not give yourself the opportunity to interfere in that conversation, ask Him sincerely,and if you receive no response get a hold of a Bible and start reading it, you will find He often answers our questions through the reading of that Word.
...If someone has a deep passion for something, no one can change that persons mind.

...we see that everyday on this forum.

....I give my opinion like everyone else.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#554778 Aug 14, 2014
who="Robert F"]<quoted text>
KayMarie
Peace
Thank you for your response. It is no doubt your belief that RCCs believe that the ordained priest is the "only" go-between for themselves and God(even via Jesus Christ). Imho, it is more up to the individual and God, than any planned usurping of God by the RCC. Although, as with all, who trust in men, rather than God, they will sooner or later find it out....
With Luther, I was pointing out the dilemma which exists in the minds of those who believe in a pre-destined existence, which lacks the free will of man. And in general, is due to the fall of Adam.
It seems to me, that the deeper one moves toward a spiritual union with Jesus Christ, in which he lives within oneself, one's own will, willingly yields to His. All this while still on earth in these bodies.
So there may be some who lean toward believing in a pre-destined life with God through Christ, but have not yet yielded themselves to Christ fully....
Peace

----------
Many RCC's do believe that they must practice RCC teachings OR they are not accepted by God.
I am not trying to say that they do not believe in Jesus, but just trying to explain that our worship is owed to GOD.
Harmony in the Body is of utmost importance. I submit my self to those with whom I worship God, but HE alone receives my adoration.

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought (nothing) things that are:
1Co 1:29 That NO FLESH should glory in his presence. He alone is our High Priest.

Thank you for sharing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min dotard tracker 31,342
MY hot aunt 21 min Mr M 3
Little Jojo 24 min Johnny 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 29 min Johnny 30
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 987,386
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 1 hr Cheated 269
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,490
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,596
More from around the web