Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#554734 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"So there may be some who lean toward believing in a pre-destined life with God through Christ, but have not yet yielded themselves to Christ fully...."
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Does not "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee" means that God, before you were born, knew you would accept or reject His gift of salvation???....Did He not make that determination based on His knowledge of you????
Oxbow

Peace

It would seem to me, that the Prophet Jeremiah is being spoken to specifically by God about his calling to be a prophet to the nations. And Jeremiah was making inquiry as to understand why God separated him for this purpose.

This did not mean that God did not give Jeremiah free-will to accept or reject God's desire for him to be a prophet. But Jeremiah did accept this gift from God.

God's knowledge of us does not predestine our free-wills. God offers Himself to all, through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Now is the acceptable time of God's favor of salvation.(2 Cor 6:2)

Peace
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#554735 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, those in glass houses should not throw stones. All have sinned, yes even the protestants leaders.
Salem witch trails....protestants!
Most protestant leave the Church because of re - marriage, and more re-marriage. At least that's what goes on in this forum. Then they become super anti-catholic, its what they learn in their new church.... Probably the only way they can keep members.
Divorced....Ox, guest, LTM, and maybe Rose (?)
(For Dust too :)]
I've given up on Rose, she's all over the place on all her post... I'm done with her.
At times she seems out of it, might be on meds, like Preston.
I've noticed that about being ex Catholic and divorced and remarried and being loud about bashing the Church. What I don't get is, they left the Church and found a protestant one of their own choosing because it felt right, or it's views are similar to their own, or they liked the people there, or whatever. Yet, they don't seem to think it o.k. that other people have chosen the Catholic Church to belong to. And then they will say, it only matters if you accept Jesus as your Savior but turn around and seem to think that this can't apply to Catholics.
They get to choose their church, but Catholics shouldn't.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#554736 Aug 14, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I will not provide you with any evidence. I can not provide any evidence that fits into the physical world. No one can.
The only way for you get that proof is exactly like I described to you.
Try sitting still and listening. You may have to sit still for a spell until your mind is still.
Where do ideas come from? Seems to me that the thought ... or words ... instantaneously materilize in your mind. POW ... instant idea. Often times they come when you are not even consciously thinking about that particular thing or subject. Sometimes they come in the middle of the night and they wake you up when they hit you.
The logic and the reason to show the viability of the idea come later ... NOT before.
Logic and reason are man made constructs. The human mind was not made by man and man still has no definitive conclusions on what the human mind is capable of doing, and seeing, and hearing, and experiencing. Expereincing up to and including conscious out of body travel to anywhere in the universes.
Is conscious out of body travel logical? Is it reasonable?
Says who?
<quoted text>
this statement:
"The human mind was not made by man and man still has no definitive conclusions on what the human mind is capable of doing, and seeing, and hearing, and experiencing."
you imply that a "higher power' created us.
So.
Is that sentiment exclusive to only Christians?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#554737 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Peter was an Apostle,it makes really little sense to call him pope. I know what the word means phonetically or its basic PAPA,but it has no basis in the position of PETER and his being an Apostle. The Apostles were the Leaders of the FAITH that Christ appointed them to.Their tradition and teachings were limited to what they were called throughout history APOSTLES. Peter no doubt had a great influence on the Church in Rome,and notwithstanding he was allowed to minister to those already brought to faith by the APOSTLE Paul.
Was Paul a pope? No,yet he was the Apostle used by Jesus Himself to evangelize the Gentiles. No position in Christian hierarchy is greater than the APOSTLE. That is basically why most denominations and your church included DO NOT use that title,especially to honor the legacy of the Apostles appointed first of all by JESUS Himself.
Modern day churches with the exception of a few never use the title Apostle,yes I know of those that do,and personally I think it is better to HONOR the original Apostles,including Paul,and leave the title with them. I understand the use of the word apostolate,and that is respectful of ministry that relates to that of the Body of Christ,INITIATED by the original Apostles,understandable,no argument.
When we see the office of the Pope throughout the ages until now,it seems to me most disrespectful to Peter to be called anything less than the Apostle Peter,and that surely his role as an Apostle of Christ would be far greater than any bishop or Cardinal and or Pope of the RCC. The title pope was used for the leaders of many of the jurisdictions of Christian communities outside of Rome as well.
Do you feel that the title of Pope is greater than Apostle?
No. And we don't call him "pope Peter". Note that not a single pope has ever used his name.

Very enlightening information here;

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12260a.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#554739 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And hojo states Scriptura verbum Dei. Since the Word of God was in fact also inspired by God,and spoken of by His Own dear Son,and we have the ACCOUNT as it were of all those things shared for our instruction and well-being,than in all truth NOTHING can match the Word of God,especially not our traditions. If our traditions are inspired of God and confirmed by Scripture than we can safely incorporate them into our practices,but it is all that is outside of the Scriptures that are under the Scrutiny of the very Bible we have today as our written document of solid truth from God Himself.
How can that be compared to anything else? But in God's mercy and under His inspiration,men and women of faith expound on and write volumes of books relating to the Scriptures.They even say themselves that they are subject to the Word,and that proves also no one has a private interpretation of Scripture,that has not in one way or another been matched or said before. All things said by believers in regards to Scripture has been taught before,and confirmed. We have those who have digressed from that,and proclaim some private revelation,but even they can be finally scrutinized by those who KNOW the Word,and rightfully use it to correct,and also admonish.
Cults and isms are human made due to disobedience and self exaltation. And we see the rise of even more cults,but the Truth still stands,and when we look into God's Word the Bible,we can be rest assured that He will not lead us astray.The Bible is His Book,not ours,we inherit the Promises written in His Book,but we do not have the license to alter His Word,add to it,and to claim it as our own,
You would properly label the Catholic Church "Sola Verbum Dei".
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#554740 Aug 14, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Tim allows them to be.
Maybe you should blame "Paul" and your church for not including them.
So you think that 2Tim makes these writings "Scripture". Ok, well, someone else can go ahead and think 2Tim makes the Sunday paper "Scripture." But it might not actually make it so.

You did try to tell me what I believe (that I don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught). You don't even know "all of what Jesus taught", so why don't you ask yourself why you don't believe in "all of what Jesus taught"?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#554741 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
and when I insult people, I do so on the fact that they are ignorant, about the word of God and how they don't follow it.
I DONT attack because of a physical disability like is done to me.
From what I read in the Bible preacher man, the way to remove that ignorance is simply to pass on the good news. If they disregard your testimony, then get the hell out of Dodge and find another with whom you can testify.
I also read in that same book that the ONLY ones you have any "right" to chastize for "not following it", are the members of the flock ... NOT ... "outsiders".
Doing that crap to outsiders when others are looking on preacher, takes down your own credibility that God really is love.
Try displaying it.
You sure as all hell turned me off to you and your entire message.
Just sayin', preacher.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554742 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
SORRY, THE FIRST NUMBER SHOULD HAVE BEEN 8, NOT 12.
8, 4, AND 12. TWO PILLS AT A TIME.
a far cry from some who take 30's or 40's
Don't even bother Preston ..seriously not worth it..and no one's business .

Thank you for your service

Location hidden

#554743 Aug 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I read in the Bible preacher man, the way to remove that ignorance is simply to pass on the good news. If they disregard your testimony, then get the hell out of Dodge and find another with whom you can testify.
I also read in that same book that the ONLY ones you have any "right" to chastize for "not following it", are the members of the flock ... NOT ... "outsiders".
Doing that crap to outsiders when others are looking on preacher, takes down your own credibility that God really is love.
Try displaying it.
You sure as all hell turned me off to you and your entire message.
Just sayin', preacher.
I could care less, idiots like you don't define what I am.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554744 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed that about being ex Catholic and divorced and remarried and being loud about bashing the Church. What I don't get is, they left the Church and found a protestant one of their own choosing because it felt right, or it's views are similar to their own, or they liked the people there, or whatever. Yet, they don't seem to think it o.k. that other people have chosen the Catholic Church to belong to. And then they will say, it only matters if you accept Jesus as your Savior but turn around and seem to think that this can't apply to Catholics.
If you've read my posts for any time . I believe many true believers are Catholic. I've said this over and over. I've never told anyone to leave the RCC here or in real life.

It's your heart in relationship to Faith in Jesus Christ.....not denomination...and between each believer and God. CHRIST is,Our High Priest ...

I think unless we hurt others or refuse to love Christ as Saviour , In the end He will sort out our differences ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554745 Aug 14, 2014
For those following our brothers and sisters in Iraq.

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2014/08...

May the Lord hold them in the palm of His hand and make His Face to shine on them and grant them peace and strength , in Jesus name , Amen
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#554746 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely I see it the same way. They sit and pretend their differences don't matter, but yet they tear each ofther apart. Well as long as we believe in Jesus its all good. What a bunch of nonsense! Well you Catholics did this that and the other thing and we did it too, but its ok just not with your church. lol It's like they believe chaous and division is biblical. Well it doesnt really matter if you teach a doctrine I don't believe in as long as you denigrate the Catholic Church even if with fodder and false witness Its no big deal.

Well some Catholics will be saved too according to some. even though we worship Mary, Idols and and other gods. lol While others say all Catholics go to hell. Each of them of course is an authority on the bible.and what it really says. Well we don't hate the Catholic church say some while others openly admit it. The ones who don't hate it just twist, distort and attack Catholic doctrines but are fine with those from other Protestants as long as a Catholic is in the room that is. lol It all boils down to they need to preserve their right to personally assign what the bible means and the church gets in the way.

Find a church that fits your current view of the world and your values and hey its all good. Its amazing! I dont see any scripture which promotes this view. Well Pad says because the Jews argue its good.If only Paul knew he did not need to address those who was causing division or correct anyone and needed not appoint anyone. Everything wiould fall in place as long as they believe in Jesus. Peter was clearly wrong when he said the unlearned and unstable wrest the word unto their destruction. And as for damanable heresies that will lead to swift destruction and people who forbid marriage and meat the Cathars fit the bill totally. Indeed they also prmoted civil unrest and sucide, but yet Protestants want to pretend that they were like them knowing nothing about them of course.

Every heresy in the past must have been good if we follow the all is well feel good stufff. Then we have the ones who say God Bless to Atheists provided they are bashing on the church who would turn and render them at a moments notice, but he no big deal. Thean there is the others who seleitively apply their beleifs not being consistent, but hey as long as its somoene who is siding with them for the moment then its ok to look the other way. That is mature Christianity according to a pope in Illiniois. God is not the author of confusion, yet it seems that relying on thine own understanding is a primary tenet of Preostantism.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554747 Aug 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Peace
It would seem to me, that the Prophet Jeremiah is being spoken to specifically by God about his calling to be a prophet to the nations. And Jeremiah was making inquiry as to understand why God separated him for this purpose.
This did not mean that God did not give Jeremiah free-will to accept or reject God's desire for him to be a prophet. But Jeremiah did accept this gift from God.
God's knowledge of us does not predestine our free-wills. God offers Himself to all, through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Now is the acceptable time of God's favor of salvation.(2 Cor 6:2)
Peace
So, since God said to Jeremiah "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;" Jeremiah is the only human than God ever knew before He formed him in the belly????

Quote: For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

Does that apply to David only???? If so, would that not show God being limited in knowledge...in knowing the past/present/future for eternity for every human being???

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect

almighty:
1. having unlimited power; omnipotent, as God.

It appears you are leaning towards disbelieving God's Word regards what He can do....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554748 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, those in glass houses should not throw stones. All have sinned, yes even the protestants leaders.
Salem witch trails....protestants!
Most protestant leave the Church because of re - marriage, and more re-marriage. At least that's what goes on in this forum. Then they become super anti-catholic, its what they learn in their new church.... Probably the only way they can keep members.
Divorced....Ox, guest, LTM, and maybe Rose (?)
(For Dust too :)]
I've given up on Rose, she's all over the place on all her post... I'm done with her.
At times she seems out of it, might be on meds, like Preston.
I can just feel all that True Church Christian love in your post.. A perfect example for backing up your claim.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554749 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
More News- Pope Francis is in So. Korea. God Bless his journey!
Rome Report News
Percentage of Catholics in South Korea continue to grow
2014-08-14
"The number of Catholics in South Korea has grown exponentially in the last 50 years.
In 1949, Catholics represented roughly 1% of the population, compared to now where they represent 10%. Also, the number of priests, which was at only 81, is now over 4,000.
An estimated 100,000 adults are baptized yearly in South Korea. In 2011, the number of baptisms reached 109,000. In comparison, adult baptisms in France reached 3,000 and in the United States it reached 43,000.
With these numbers, it's no surprise that the Church has launched a "20-20” plan, with the goal of increasing the number of Catholics to 20% by the year 2020.
Catholics in South Korea are also present in the fields of education and health. They run over 500 homes for the elderly and disabled, and roughly 300 schools. "
....We all know that Christianity is growing in the east and middle east, however western Europe where it all started has lost millions of followers.

....1 example. In one generation. France boasts 85% of inhabitants are baptized catholic, but less than 10% of these catholics attend mandatory Sunday mass when required

......within a generation or two the vast majority of catholics will live in Africa/Asia.

...today in the USA 34% of catholics are Latinos. Pew research claims by 2030 over half of all catholics in america will be Latino. Where have western culture catholics gone?

....Today in the USA, over 50 million or 16.5% of Americans claim to be non religious. Just 15 years ago only 8% of Americans were non religious.

.....the demographics of religion in our world is changing very quickly.

....the big issue within the Catholic church in america is that only 1 in 4 baptized american Catholics attend mandatory Sunday mass. The vast majority of american catholics use birth control. Vast majority of catholics believe celibacy should be optional.

.....the catholic church has a very long hard struggle keeping baptized catholics interested. That should be their focus, not attaining higher numbers.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554750 Aug 14, 2014
StarC wrote:
From a Lutheran US Chaplin
Protestantism’s Great Heresy – Ignoring the Blessed Mother
By Graham Glover -
This Friday, 15 August
, the calendars of Lutherans, Anglicans, and perhaps some other liturgically minded Protestants calls for the celebration of ‘St. Mary – Mother of our Lord’. On this same day, Roman Catholics will celebrate the ‘Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary’ and the Orthodox the ‘Dormition of the Theotokos’.
Unfortunately, this feast does not fall on a Sunday, which means most Protestants will hear nothing of it this year. They will not meditate on the readings, the hymns, or the propers assigned for this day. I highly doubt many Lutheran parishes will even reference it in the Prayers of the Church on Sunday morning. And this is sad. For those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, it’s tragic, as venerating Mary does nothing but point people to her Son. Yet it’s hardly surprising. In fact, I think it’s emblematic of Protestantism’s greatest heresy – ignoring the role that the Blessed Virgin Mary plays in our faith.
I know this is a strong statement. It’s a stinging indictment of the movement to which I belong and a church body of which I am a pastor. But as much as I wish it weren’t true, I’m afraid it is. We Protestants say we hold the Blessed Mother in high esteem. Our calendars even have a few days set aside during the year to honor her. But this is nothing short of window dressing, as the Blessed Virgin Mary has little to do with the faith we confess. And this must change. We Protestants have to do better. To ignore the Blessed Virgin is to ignore her Son, something no follower of the Christ should ever desire to do.
For starters, I’ve always found it ironic that we who proclaim ‘Sola Scriptura’ seem to ignore the Scriptures when Mary tells us in her Magnificat:“from now on all generations will call me blessed.” But we do – that is, we Protestants almost always ignore this commendation, thereby betraying our own hermeneutic.
How often (if ever) do Protestants refer to Mary as the Blessed Virgin, the Blessed Mother, etc.? We certainly respect her, but we most assuredly do not treat her as the most noble gem in all of Christendom [after her Son], as our own Martin Luther referred to her.
Rather, we lump her together with the other saints of the New Testament. But the Blessed Mother is nothing of the sort. She is no ordinary saint. She is the saint of saints. She is the Theotokos – the Mother of God, a title given her at the Council of Ephesus in 431 and echoed in the Lutheran Book of Concord. The Blessed Mother is the example that all Christians should emulate. Her “Yes” to the angel Gabriel is an act of faith that sets the standard for all of the Church to follow. And yet when was the last time you heard a sermon, sat through a Bible Class, or read a Protestant theologian commend the Blessed Virgin Mary as such?
Read more here.....
http://thejaggedword.com/2014/08/12/protestan...
....what you are claiming catholics go to heaven, protestants don't. Is that what you are claiming?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554751 Aug 14, 2014
truth wrote:
White and clean except few's visible marks when to be cut on couple place from my another atheist teacher who give me metal scrap sponge and squeeze into hand by hand that time its been full of blade when I say nicely as sweet as ever I could..'mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ.'..its been in years 6 that time I been 12 years age!
I never tell to my father and mother not to be provoked into trouble in both occasion.
nk
by
...well! When I was young and went to catholic school the nuns inflicted corporal punishments on the children. They were brutal.

.....at the bottom of the world Australia the kids are cry babies........complain about nothing. At least move up to the equator.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#554752 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since God said to Jeremiah "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;" Jeremiah is the only human than God ever knew before He formed him in the belly????
Quote: For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Does that apply to David only???? If so, would that not show God being limited in knowledge...in knowing the past/present/future for eternity for every human being???
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect
almighty:
It appears you are leaning towards disbelieving God's Word regards what He can do....
Oxbow

God's Knowledge, is not our knowledge. Neither do we know how to Create the Universe, or keep it Operating as God does. It all belongs to Him. And in Creation, He has given each of us free-will to choose the direction in which we go.

It is not as if we are some programmed robots. But rather find ourselves making decisions based on experience. And then somewhere along this human experience, one encounters doing good or evil, and begins figuring out a better direction is toward the Good.(Of course some people do not, nor do some but have but a fleeting interest....)

Its God's Kingdom, and it Operates under His Rules. And Jesus, more or less established these as the Beatitudes, and to Love God and each other. And that is why those people who do not even know Jesus, but are doing the Beatitudes and loving God and neighbor, are doing His Will, and will be judged accordingly in what we know as this moment in time, and in eternity.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#554753 Aug 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
and when I insult people, I do so on the fact that they are ignorant, about the word of God and how they don't follow it.
I DONT attack because of a physical disability like is done to me.
There is nothing Christian about attacking someone that has a physical disability or a terminal illness. I will never forget the mean and hateful things that were said to Nick for his opinions one night. Tormenting him with insults and when I begged for these two people to stop I was told that we didn't have to be here. We could leave. I don't see and good coming from insulting anyone. As Christian we should set an example and become the better person than the batter.. Our actions speaks volumes....God Bless...

Location hidden

#554754 Aug 14, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
almighty:
you seem to negate the intelligence of a human, which would make you a mutant. Robert is very seldom right but on this subject he is.

Man is given Free will by the Creator to do or not do. if a man chooses not, then he might end up in a belly of a large whale.

God doesn't want to make us do His Will, but He can make us sorry that we didn't Obey Him, for instance Saul, the first king. disobedience cost him that kingship, and no doubt his soul.

another good example as to why OSAS is a false doctrine, saul once had Salvation, later lost it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 1 hr StefH 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Maria 26,450
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 4 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 4 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web