Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654272 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#554673 Aug 14, 2014
if you know greek liked be wise
jew looking symbol
catholic christain believe in cross
please tell me where a come-from alive force as holy spirit
truth

Perth, Australia

#554674 Aug 14, 2014
if you know
- water sun and spirit=life
How you going explain your creation as you attached with your symbols
in name of humanity?
truth

Perth, Australia

#554675 Aug 14, 2014
Now you liked study fossil as fish symbol don't you!
If you know fish is mutant toward humanity, how you can say we belong to that way as evolution or still we exist from spirit!

Then you are atheist who study evolution and try play Godly toward others.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554676 Aug 14, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly funny! You give a pompous, self righteous, arrogant and childish answer which addresses nothing. I suppose that is better than the usual long wind with no substance with broadbrush statements like the one above. You accuse other Protestants of being pompous but exclude yourself. How Rich and predictable.
No,I am telling you frankly that often you give an immature perspective on the history and your assessment of Christianity outside of your Roman Catholicism. As a human being on this forum we have the right to give an opinion.I do not hate you nor do I despise your church which was mine 40 years ago.

I do not consider myself wiser than the many great theologians and teachers of your church, and do read things written by Catholic authors.When the authors expound on the truth that we all share as Christians,I find very little difference in what they write,and can heartily agree with them."Unless two walk together and agree,they are divided."

You have always lumped all persuasions of Protestantism together,and for the most part you have stated that they are all wrong,some worse than others. That is a very immature outlook on your part,because you fail to see the doctrines that are basic to most Christians today outside of your (RCism). We all believe in the Virgin-Birth,the Life of Christ,His suffering,His Passion,Crucifixion, His glorious Resurrection,and His command to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Many human beings have benefited from the many missionaries of various denominations,finding Christ and having transformed lives.These things are what matter to God.

It is the salvation and transformed lives Christ is interested in,"That your Name be written in the Lamb's Book of life." These things are important to the S a v i o r,and when you criticize non-RC Christians,you basically are doing the same thing that you accuse some here of doing to lambast your church.You are no different than them Dust Storm,you call me names and at the same time blast atemcowboy for doing the same. You are immature in how you react to difference of opinion. You have blasted RoZese often,no doubt you dislike the fact she was once a Catholic as well. There are so many ex-Catholics who venture through these forums.

In the many years I have lived here in Illinois,have met many Jehovah Witnesses,and voila,so many of them are ex-Catholics. "Poorly Catechised",that would be an understatement.It seems that your teaching religious have done a poor job all around the block,as there are so many thousands of Catholics who have left Catholicism and can be found in all the cults. I know you consider everything outside of your church a cult,so have at it DS. The "Coming Home" attempts of your church and "Journey Home"though understandable,but are doing little to undo the damage already done by years of wrong catechizes.

And the biggest turmoil in your church is still one that has never been seriously addressed,and that is Liberal theology. Your church has for some God knows how,to produce more liberals than any of the Protestant persuasions. Before you respond you should think some of these things through,the reality of what has happened in the RCC in this century alone,along with the scandals strongly suggests that instability and lack of pure catechizes(catechesis) still very much EXISTS in your circles!
truth

Perth, Australia

#554677 Aug 14, 2014
fossil=fish=your mutant evolution into what humanity

Are you for sure you not play Godly game?

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#554678 Aug 14, 2014
truth wrote:
Now you liked study fossil as fish symbol don't you!
If you know fish is mutant toward humanity, how you can say we belong to that way as evolution or still we exist from spirit!
Then you are atheist who study evolution and try play Godly toward others.
If you learn to understand that your religion is what confuses you, you will then stop placing faith IN your religion as being based on universal truth.

There is nothing wrong with admitting to your self ... "I don't know if awareness continues after the death of physical bodies." There is nothing wrong with that admittance ... whatsoever. It shows at least a semblance of humility.

Religious regalia in its claims of knowing ahead of "time" what will occur ... does not display any humility whatsoever.

Burns Lake, Canada

#554679 Aug 14, 2014
truth wrote:
fossil=fish=your mutant evolution into what humanity
Are you for sure you not play Godly game?
It is religion that plays godly games with mentalities.

I don't play those games of stating that a god inspires me to preach.

I simply don't know the answers to what (in my opinion) remains mysteries.

I will wait with patience until I die for the issue to unfold in its own due time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554680 Aug 14, 2014
No ,I am not personally alcoholic or drug-er!

I battle with my accusers!

Mysteries is many way which many play upon humanity!

How keep humanity pure and clear as well preserve future?
It is trough pure spirit.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554681 Aug 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said, I don't know all of Luther's life, but in your assessment of this, I totally agree ,Preston. He beliefs,from what I know,regarding Jesus alone as the pastor for sin...are biblical and the need for FAITH in HIM ....
Where Luther learned hatred of Jews , I don't know, but there was a Jews killed Jesus mentality in many countries and throughout Christendom , especially with the Inquistions but even much later ..people hated Jews and used this as an excuse...today in this age of denying JESUS as,Lord , they use other excuses to kill them..ALL contrary to God's laws and NOTHING JESUS,told the disciples to do ...even to further the spread of Christianity ...cannot fathom how,they did this persecution and claimed CHRIST at the same time, but that's another discussion..
It would be nice if we could eradicate the MEMORY of History,but we cannot. But the LORD wants us to forget the past,and look to Him. Yet,we are reminded continually about our own faults and sins as it were. We have access to the greatest PERSON both in History and the Present,and we still hash over the evils we all know men have perpetrated and performed for millennia.

Now we have to watch daily on TV News how humanity NEVER learns from the miseries of the past. NEW Horrors are upon peoples.The Iraqi Christians(mostly Catholic),and the Yazidis who are a Kurdish ethnicity and practice a rare form of Islam, have been targeted by the ISIS insurgents for eradication or conversion to Islam. Muhammad taught his constituents well,"By the sword we will conquer,and convert the world for Allah." And that is how many unfortunates became Muslims,not by choice by any means.

We can boast about our numbers in our affiliations and circles,but the most important fact should be that anyone who came to JESUS,came to Him by faith and not by any type of force. Our history in Europe had both the choice and the conversion by force,along with penalties,fines and soon.

But when we read the Scriptures we see that the Lord Jesus says"Come unto Me,all you who labor and are heavy laden,and I will give you rest." There is no force,or ridicule,or threats.

There are no snide remarks from Him who has called us,He calls us to Himself,and the Holy Spirit the Promise of the Godhead,reveals Christ and His beautiful character to us,the glory of the Father. May He richly bless you sister and your family.Pray along with me for the Iraqi Christians who are facing terrible persecution,right now.The LORD be with them,as they suffer for Him,and we hope that not one Iraqi Christian will succumb to persecution and convert to Islam by force,but that Jesus will give them every strength needed to resist,and to remain with Him,and be a comfort to one another as they all suffer for YOU Lord..You alone deserve all the glory,and You share it now with these Iraqi Christians as they go through hell for your Name sake. Your love is so pure and gracious,and those precious Iraqi Christians will be great witnesses for you to the whole world, because they have remained true to you.May we learn from their suffering,and Suffer with them. In Jesus' Name we pray!
truth

Perth, Australia

#554682 Aug 14, 2014
Did life can exist without water in this form as humans animals and vegetation' s?
in this forms not
as tiny bacteria maybe in your fossil but not as this forms as us today..
stil is '?' as spirit..where?

If life exist in deference forms how its look did you know?!

if you know Gods exist

Did you know who looking upon us?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554683 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No,I am telling you frankly that often you give an immature perspective on the history and your assessment of Christianity outside of your Roman Catholicism. As a human being on this forum we have the right to give an opinion.I do not hate you nor do I despise your church which was mine 40 years ago.
You have always lumped all persuasions of Protestantism together,and for the most part you have stated that they are all wrong,some worse than others. That is a very immature outlook on your part,because you fail to see the doctrines that are basic to most Christians today outside of your (RCism). We all believe in the Virgin-Birth,the Life of Christ,His suffering,His Passion,Crucifixion, His glorious Resurrection,and His command to go into all the world and preach the gospel. Many human beings have benefited from the many missionaries of various denominations,finding Christ and having transformed lives.These things are what matter to God.
It is the salvation and transformed lives Christ is interested in,"That your Name be written in the Lamb's Book of life." These things are important to the S a v i o r,and when you criticize non-RC Christians,you basically are doing the same thing that you accuse some here of doing to lambast your church.You are no different than them Dust Storm,you call me names and at the same time blast atemcowboy for doing the same. You are immature in how you react to difference of opinion. You have blasted RoZese often,no doubt you dislike the fact she was once a Catholic as well. There are so many ex-Catholics who venture through these forums.
In the many years I have lived here in Illinois,have met many Jehovah Witnesses,and voila,so many of them are ex-Catholics. "Poorly Catechised",that would be an understatement.It seems that your teaching religious have done a poor job all around the block,as there are so many thousands of Catholics who have left Catholicism and can be found in all the cults. I know you consider everything outside of your church a cult,so have at it DS. The "Coming Home" attempts of your church and "Journey Home"though understandable,but are doing little to undo the damage already done by years of wrong catechizes.
And the biggest turmoil in your church is still one that has never been seriously addressed,and that is Liberal theology. Your church has for some God knows how,to produce more liberals than any of the Protestant persuasions. Before you respond you should think some of these things through,the reality of what has happened in the RCC in this century alone,along with the scandals strongly suggests that instability and lack of pure catechizes(catechesis) still very much EXISTS in your circles!
Agree. And having been Catholic , maybe we can understand both sides better , Baltimore Catechism or not, the basic tenets are in the True Christian Churches , Catholic or otherwise.

This forum tends to bring out tempers and tangents. Thing is, as you've said we agree on Christ
And His death and Resurrection..the tenets of Faith .

I've said this before. I don't hate Catholics or the RCC. I know and love many .
This forum, myself included reflects little love. As our tempers get in the way. Then come the personal insults ....I cannot believe Our Lord would like this . And He can read .

And should it come to it, atheists nor persecutors are going to make distinction between us.
Those folks facing death in Iraq, Darfur and like places are NOT asked which denomination they belong to.

Missionaries from all sources have spread His word as Jesus commanded , as you said.
Should it come to that in our lifetime, we should stand together which sadly will never happen here ...

Blessings Pad

Burns Lake, Canada

#554684 Aug 14, 2014
Many years ago I knew a woman who believed she was a psychic.

She had her teeth pulled and was frightened "for whatever reason" of her false teeth.

When she thought of putting them in her mouth she would start producing an over-abundance of saliva. It was a long while before she could convince her self to wear those teeth.

We all suffer from peculiar thought processes, and I suggest that wherever we are in those thought processes, we should accept that we are "whole" just as we are, and I suggest that self-assurance will in turn help us to overcome many obstacles that seem to overwhelm our abilities to function.

I suggested to the woman that her fear was causing all the saliva, and if she could overcome the fear, the saliva would stop being a problem.

Whatever the reason, she was at last able to wear her teeth and to enjoy their presence in her mouth.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#554685 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say the RCC "contradicts Jesus and His chosen disciples?"
The Book of Joel chp.2 v.27 answers that!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#554686 Aug 14, 2014
'Lord want to forget past'

If you know civilization before exist stronger and smarter then us today
who keep us weaker as well why?!

Did life exist stronger and smarter out of space
or
we are so small toward very close center of life which is been our source and previous beginning?!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554687 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It would be nice if we could eradicate the MEMORY of History,but we cannot. But the LORD wants us to forget the past,and look to Him. Yet,we are reminded continually about our own faults and sins as it were. We have access to the greatest PERSON both in History and the Present,and we still hash over the evils we all know men have perpetrated and performed for millennia.
Now we have to watch daily on TV News how humanity NEVER learns from the miseries of the past. NEW Horrors are upon peoples.The Iraqi Christians(mostly Catholic),and the Yazidis who are a Kurdish ethnicity and practice a rare form of Islam, have been targeted by the ISIS insurgents for eradication or conversion to Islam. Muhammad taught his constituents well,"By the sword we will conquer,and convert the world for Allah." And that is how many unfortunates became Muslims,not by choice by any means.
We can boast about our numbers in our affiliations and circles,but the most important fact should be that anyone who came to JESUS,came to Him by faith and not by any type of force. Our history in Europe had both the choice and the conversion by force,along with penalties,fines and soon.
But when we read the Scriptures we see that the Lord Jesus says"Come unto Me,all you who labor and are heavy laden,and I will give you rest." There is no force,or ridicule,or threats.
There are no snide remarks from Him who has called us,He calls us to Himself,and the Holy Spirit the Promise of the Godhead,reveals Christ and His beautiful character to us,the glory of the Father. May He richly bless you sister and your family.Pray along with me for the Iraqi Christians who are facing terrible persecution,right now.The LORD be with them,as they suffer for Him,and we hope that not one Iraqi Christian will succumb to persecution and convert to Islam by force,but that Jesus will give them every strength needed to resist,and to remain with Him,and be a comfort to one another as they all suffer for YOU Lord..You alone deserve all the glory,and You share it now with these Iraqi Christians as they go through hell for your Name sake. Your love is so pure and gracious,and those precious Iraqi Christians will be great witnesses for you to the whole world, because they have remained true to you.May we learn from their suffering,and Suffer with them. In Jesus' Name we pray!
Amen, brother , May the Lord who walked,with David through the Valley be with them , in Jesus name,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554688 Aug 14, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It would be nice if we could eradicate the MEMORY of History,but we cannot. But the LORD wants us to forget the past,and look to Him. Yet,we are reminded continually about our own faults and sins as it were. We have access to the greatest PERSON both in History and the Present,and we still hash over the evils we all know men have perpetrated and performed for millennia.
A QUESTION and
You're right of course. And after a few times posting on these tangents, I try to leave off being convicted its,NOT spiritually healthy here, unless we talk about our Faith ...this,is a near occasion of Sin , and by facts,or remarks,we do tempt each other...I've stopped many discussions,knowing they are useless and unhealthy , but then get drawn back. God forgive me.

To be honest , when I first read history outside the Church I was unbelieving as the clergy I knew we're strict but loving. It was hurtful to learn the RCC was not always doing right .

NOW PLEASE here is a question, we are told to persevere to the end, but what do you think happens to the souls,of those who have been tortured beyond their physical endurance who might say anything to get it to stop..its one thing if a person gets,killed outright another in torture or seeing their children tortured ...

I know,ours is a God of mercy and He,knows,our hearts ...I pray these,people find favor with Him even in weakness .
Look at those little girls,who were forced to appear to be converted . How,much could we endure, how much can children endure ...God help them ...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554689 Aug 14, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was obvious that Catholics and Protestants on this thread only regard each other as "mistaken", not as "evil." Sometimes the Protestants believe the other Protestants to be "mistaken", which I admit I find entertaining.
I heard from a very wise Jewish man,"if you put two Jews in a closet and locked them in,they would come out with a business from that closet." And on the other hand the same man said" Jews argue over everything,it is no wonder how they manage to have such thriving businesses."

Jesus wants us to agree,but HE knew that even His apostles would argue.So we as Christians can agree on the most important points: Jesus was born to a Virgin,the Incarnate Son of God,and He is also the Son of Man(David). Jesus at the age of 12 or so visited the Temple in Jerusalem and confounded the scholars and Rabbis with a wisdom that exceeded them. Jesus appointed 12 men and taught them about His Father's Kingdom,and also prepared them for a life of service to His kingdom,here on earth.
Jesus healed many who were sick,and casted out demons from many who were oppressed. JESUS was hated by the Pharisees,and the Sadducees.Jesus confronted the Religious leaders of His day,but He also loved them the Chosen of the Father.

Jesus was arrested,tried,and (scourged by the Romans), forsaken by His own people to be Crucified,(only His mother,Mary of Magdella,and some Apostles,John, witnessed His crucifixion). Jesus gloriously rose from the dead,both Body,and living soul,a NEW resurrected Body,by the Hand of His Father in heaven.. Jesus for 40 days appeared at various times to strengthen the brethren,and teach them,He also breathed the Holy Spirit upon them. Jesus ascended into heaven,and sits at the right hand of His Father. THE 12 Apostles along with Mary His Mother and others of faith were BAPTIZED by the Holy Spirit (Shuvot, or Pentecost).

We have the Bible now to confirm all of His teachings which He wanted to give to us all in our walk with Christ,inspired by our Comforter given to us by the Father and the Son.

We have the Holy Spirit of Promise to reveal all truth,and most of all the character and beauty of our Savior,the Lord Jesus Christ. AMEN.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#554690 Aug 14, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call yourself a preacher of the Gospel of Christ and then act like an ass all you want cuz I ain't a preacher, but I am starting to get a little pissed that you call yourself a cowboy.
hahaha
truth

Perth, Australia

#554693 Aug 14, 2014
I start school year 1 with 6 years age first early child in my place.
I start read and wrote perfectly and fluent!
For first 3 years my hand be blue and swallow from my atheist teacher!
Only one reason is been I say them nicely ;''mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554694 Aug 14, 2014
Mother Mary is mother of Jesus Christ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Aura Mytha 64,317
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min X Pendable 183,192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truth Teller 106,580
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,925
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 497
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,259
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr ImFree2Choose 2,594
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 973,912
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 hr Peter Ross 842
More from around the web