Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637584 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods r Delusions x Mine

Winter Park, FL

#554549 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ancient literature was compiled when men knew nothing of science.
They suffered horrible fates from diseases and natural earth catastrophes ... so what they wrote came from their experiences OF suffering. The average life expectancy was about 29 years of age.
It's common sense that their literature would reflect the notion that the gods were punishing offenders and that there would be the same literal hells in hereafters. Their lives on earth WERE living hells.
But science has explained that gods are not killing humans with lightning bolts, et cetera.
I suggest it's time to stop being so silly as to believe that a god is there to welcome you to eternal bliss and reject other souls to eternal hells.
True, bats are not birds, the earth doesn't sit on pillars, and rabbits don't chew their cud.

All that was harmless.

But Jesus mocking those who practiced good hygene by washing their hands before eating!

How much harm did that do throughout the ages?

Oh, and "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"

So many goodies from the delusional angry god.

Mine is the only true God. My God odesn't tell us to harm anyone.

peace and love,
ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554550 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Saving grace, living grace, dying grace
Velma Barfield was a woman from rural North Carolina who was charged with first degree murder; no one could have surmised the effect her life and death would have upon so many people. In 1978 she was arrested for murdering four people, including her mother and fiance. She never denied her guilt, but told the chilling story of her drug-dazed life, beginning with the tranquilizers which were prescribed following a painful injury.
She was taken to prison and confined in a cell by herself. One night the guard tuned into a twenty-four-hour gospel station. Down the gray hall, desperate and alone in her cell, Velma heard the words of an evangelist and allowed Jesus Christ to enter her life. Her conversion was genuine. For six years on death row she ministered to many of her cellmates. The outside world began to hear about Velma Barfield and her remarkable regeneration.
Velma wrote to Ruth and there developed a real friendship between them. In one letter Ruth wrote to Velma, "God has turned your cell on Death Row into a most unusual pulpit. There are people who will listen to what you have to say because of where you are. When I compare the dreariness, isolation, and difficulty of your cell to the glory that lies ahead of you, I could wish for your sake that God would say,'Come on Home.'"
Before her final sentence, Velma wrote to Ruth: "If I am executed on August 31, I know the Lord will give me dying grace, just as He gave me saving grace, and has given me living grace." On the night she was executed, Ruth and I knelt and prayed together for her till we knew she was safe in Glory.
Velma Barfield was the first woman in twenty-two years to be executed in the United States. She walked through the valley of the shadow for many years and at her memorial service Rev. Hugh Hoyle said, "She died with dignity and she died with purpose. Velma is a living demonstration of "by the grace of God you shall be saved.'"
Given time...Salvation is possible...no denying... it produces peace, serenity, thankfulness...

However, to compare Salvation with what you are calling, dying grace, is like comparing a prune to a pecan....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554551 Aug 13, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Just Sayin"]<quoted text>
As for killing people in order to protect the Gospel and keep it pure so that people would not be led into error which can damn their immortal soul to hell, and to uphold the Gospel so that it can be taught to future generations… I don’t think God would have a problem with that. Again, in the OT, God commanded His people to go claim those lands and destroy the inhabitants of them.
You will recall that the Crusades were the Catholic Church’s goal of *restoring Christian access to holy places in and near Jerusalem.* There was a 200 year struggle for control of the Holy Land. The Crusades were a defensive war against the expansion of Islam in the near East. Do you think we should have just done nothing? If we had done nothing, you would be on your prayer rug praying to Allah. You ok with that?
You are right, Jesus apparently never said that we are to force conversions and kill people who don’t convert. However, Jesus did say “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”
I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.(Luke 12:49–53)
And Jesus warned the disciples that they were sent out as sheep amongst wolves.
So it sounds like Jesus was saying that there was much at stake. There was Truth, and there were lies. He commissioned the apostles to keep the Truth, to guard it, and to spread it. And to defend it. Even if that meant that people had to die doing so.
----------
A Christian who is murdered is no less a Christian. A Christian who murders is a murderer, and:
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, AND MURDERERS, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
It does seem that governments have a responsibility to defend their people. But for Christians to go to war to take lands is opposed to their responsibility to live the gospel of peace so that those who oppose it might see that it is a worthy way to live.
And here I was yelled at for saying Catholic posters can justify the Inquisition..as if I made it up .
One also called it rumor ..CHRIST NEVER TOLD ANYONE to kill and torture to spread His word..how,COULD that lead to any kind of testimony for Christ ....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554552 Aug 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
One can always tell when a Roman Catholic is penned in a corner,..and frustrated
.Their usual response is to attack.
Mainly because you have no HANDS ON,......HEART FELT.... UNDERSTANDING to give an answer from....ONLY PROXY
....whereas....your team will just look muddy-fuddled and go about believing what men gave you.

You are no better than the Catholics, GiF.

Albuquerque, NM

#554553 Aug 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>

Consubstantiation says that the bread and wine as well as the flesh and blood are present depending on who is defining it. Transubstaniation says the bread and wine are no longer present it has changed. How or when this change takes place has been a matter of controversy. The church has believed it must come through faith and reverence and calls upon the Lord.. Even if you deny it has truly changed in substance spiritually as food to nourish your soul and commune with Jesus with faith and having confessed your sins and believe Jesus is at least present then if Jesus was present in it in some way then it should be respected. The mocking andcalling it cracker snacks is extremrely disrpectful. Many things must be accepted by Faith. Yes there will always be the doubting Thomases who will need to physically touch and see with their own eyes before they will believe. However on this St Paul paraphrased says even the pagans have the law written in their hearts.
"it is a mystery"
"How or when this change takes place has been a matter of controversy."

Why do you go on with this mental ruse?

Is it because you can't figure it out either?

"The church has believed it must come through faith and reverence and calls upon the Lord. "
- Yeah sure it is. What hogwash.

Nowhere in any text does Jesus state that these two materials were "spiritually changing" someone once they were consumed. It was all a metaphor to his verbal teachings, not to anything else, as you and your team claim.

Please stop making things up. You are embarrassing yourself.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554554 Aug 13, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the impression that Jesus kind of died for nothing...that His message was sort of "accept me as your Savior, but if persecuted...well don't do anything rash, you might get hurt...and I wouldn't want that! Just go ahead and convert to *whatever* I'll stick up for you in the end even though you denied me. Just be comfortable , after all, I was."
As another poster brought up ,Jesus STOPPED Peter from violence. He told the disciples to walk away from those who would not accept Him...and it would be bad,for them...HE WILL take care,of it ....not His,Church...the idea of forcing conversions by torture is TOTALLY the opposite of what He,preached.
We are NOT to torture or kill to make or intimidate,folks,to believe .

Don't you think HE could have CREATED US so we would never stray ....

Can't you see this...???? You say the inquisition were what He wanted....How. and you've said this before ...

Albuquerque, NM

#554555 Aug 13, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of these gnostic writings contain the other half of Jesus' teachings?
All of them.

Your line of questioning only shows that you would rather divert from answering than to be open and honest with me and others - by making a direct statement.

Don't worry Just Sayin'- I've noted that you refuse to believe Jesus. Now go about your business of believing in what men tell you.

*sighs*
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#554556 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why should the bible have to have the word "Catholic" in it to specifically describe Jesus Christ One True Universal Church??.....Over 2000 years of verifiable Church history confirms it !!!
Only verifiable in the church's demonic writings. Your church didn't start until the 2d century with the legends of Irenaeus. From there we can see the Inquisitions of the latin church then by the RCC. Murderous and bloody past in the name of your "church" but, you want to believe it was what Christ wanted.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#554557 Aug 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said, I don't know all of Luther's life, but in your assessment of this, I totally agree ,Preston. He beliefs,from what I know,regarding Jesus alone as the pastor for sin...are biblical and the need for FAITH in HIM ....
Where Luther learned hatred of Jews , I don't know, but there was a Jews killed Jesus mentality in many countries and throughout Christendom , especially with the Inquistions but even much later ..people hated Jews and used this as an excuse...today in this age of denying JESUS as,Lord , they use other excuses to kill them..ALL contrary to God's laws and NOTHING JESUS,told the disciples to do ...even to further the spread of Christianity ...cannot fathom how,they did this persecution and claimed CHRIST at the same time, but that's another discussion..
Catholic & Lutheran Joint Declaration - I don't believe you ever understood or know the Catholic position on Justification. Grace is a gift that cannot be earned. You saying the church taught differently does not make it so, what it does show is you were poorly catechised which you deny. Your lack of knowledge of the Catholic faith on many things is demonstrated quite often. What is asked of you is to humble yourself and quit demanding that your twisted, incomplete and half baked incediary comments with no understanding or true knowledge other than conjecture or a very basic level e accepted as fact. I can only agree with you that you do not know much about Luther, therefore it would be best if you did not choose whatever seems good to fit your current belief rather then actually understanding. Note how the document doesnt say Roman Catholic Church I guess they didnt get the memo from your Nuns.

37.We confess together that good works - a Christian life lived in faith, hope and love - follow justification and are its fruits. When the justified live in Christ and act in the grace they receive, they bring forth, in biblical terms, good fruit. Since Christians struggle against sin their entire lives, this consequence of justification is also for them an obligation they must fulfill. Thus both Jesus and the apostolic Scriptures admonish Christians to bring forth the works of love.

38.According to Catholic understanding, good works, made possible by grace and the working of the Holy Spirit, contribute to growth in grace, so that the righteousness that comes from God is preserved and communion with Christ is deepened. When Catholics affirm the "meritorious" character of good works, they wish to say that, according to the biblical witness, a reward in heaven is promised to these works. Their intention is to emphasize the responsibility of persons for their actions, not to contest the character of those works as gifts, or far less to deny that justification always remains the unmerited gift of grace.

39.The concept of a preservation of grace and a growth in grace and faith is also held by Lutherans. They do emphasize that righteousness as acceptance by God and sharing in the righteousness of Christ is always complete. At the same time, they state that there can be growth in its effects in Christian living. When they view the good works of Christians as the fruits and signs of justification and not as one's own "merits", they nevertheless also understand eternal life in accord with the New Testament as unmerited "reward" in the sense of the fulfillment of God's promise to the believer.[See Sources for section 4.7].

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#554558 Aug 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter alone? I believe it is you who said that.
And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
For Catholics, this text is clear. All twelve apostles were present, yet Jesus promised to give to Peter alone the keys of the kingdom, symbolizing the authority of Christ—the authority of heaven—over the kingdom of heaven on Earth, which is the Church...
When we understand that Christ is the true “son of David” who came to restore the prophetic Kingdom of David, we understand that Christ in Matthew 16, like the King of Israel, was establishing a “prime minister” among his ministers—the apostles—in the Kingdom. Isaiah 22:15-22 gives us insight into the ministry of the “prime minister” in ancient Israel:
Thus says the Lord God of hosts,“Come, go to this steward, to Shebna, who is over the household, and say to him ... Behold the Lord will hurl you away violently.... I will thrust you from your office, and you will be cast down from your station. In that day I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. And I will place on his shoulder the key of the House of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
In Revelation 1:18, Jesus declares,“I have the keys of Death and Hades.” He then quotes this very text from Isaiah in Revelation 3:7:
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:“The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens.”
No Christian would deny Jesus is the King who possesses the keys. Who does he give the keys to? Peter!
"the rock" refers to Peter's faith, but also to Peter. In fact, you can't separate the man from his faith without doing violence to the text.... It is obvious from the text that there is more to this than just Peter's faith (7 Times Christ uses YOU referring to Peter.) Seven is a signifcant number. It is also always significant when someones name was changed in the Bible. Sorry, but he did not say I name you insignificant pebble. It is clear in Acts who is the leader. Peter says, You know the Lord chose me from among you to reveal that salvation was also for the Gentile. All of the Apostles were very significant. All of them had authority to bind and loose just as all Rabbis did but not to the exclusion of the key Holder. In matters of disupte the final arbiter. Protestants have made the keys over a dozen things on this thread alone. However to the Jew the Key Holder had a very distinct meaning. Jesus is not the Prime Minister he is the King. He is the head of the church. Jesus did not say I will give the keys to each invidual and all of your personal truths is the real deal. Many damnable heresies shall come and meet upon swift destruction. So can you tell everyone who that was and how that destruction happened? Just wondering since you are all knowing and all.
http://www.catholic.com/blog/tim-staples/pete...
Blah, blah, blah..........I showed you scripture. You take my post out of context then cut and paste your catholic version. I'll stick with the truth of scripture.

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554559 Aug 13, 2014
StarC wrote:
Martin Luther
A German against Jews and Catholics, what a surprise!
Snip
" In his final years he wrote polemics against the Jews, the papacy and the Anabaptists, a radical wing of the reforming movement."
"In January 1521, the Pope Leo X excommunicated Luther. He was then summoned to appear at the Diet of Worms, an assembly of the Holy Roman Empire. He refused to recant and Emperor Charles V declared him an outlaw and a heretic. Luther went into hiding at Wartburg Castle. In 1522, he returned to Wittenberg and in 1525 married Katharina von Bora, a former nun, with whom he had six children.
Luther then became involved in the controversy surrounding the Peasants War (1524 - 1526), the leaders of which had used Luther's arguments to justify their revolt. He rejected their demands and upheld the right of the authorities to suppress the revolt, which lost him many supporters.
In 1534, Luther published a complete translation of the bible into German, underlining his belief that people should be able to read it in their own language. The translation contributed significantly to the spread and development of the German language.
Luther's influence spread across northern and eastern Europe and his fame made Wittenberg an intellectual centre. In his final years he wrote polemics against the Jews, the papacy and the Anabaptists, a radical wing of the reforming movement.
Luther died on 18 February 1546 in Eisleben."
In one of your posts you mocked Luther for his penance practices, however wasn't this type of thing , self flagellation, hair shirts a part of the penance of some GOOD CATHOLUC monks???

I'm not Lutheran, I think he,was flawed but weren't we all.
He was right von Faith and did try to make changes within the Church ....find answers IN the church ...stop corruption within the church...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#554560 Aug 13, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah..........I showed you scripture. You take my post out of context then cut and paste your catholic version. I'll stick with the truth of scripture.
Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Gee, I can play that game too. Blah, blah, blah, I showed you scripture. You take my post of out of context then post your post your personal belief. We agree that that the church was built on the Apostles and the Prophets and that the Rock is Christ. He is the King and head of the church. Merely pointing out to you that as King he gave the keys to Peter. In the Kingdom their were 12 ministers one of which was the Prime Minister. Indeed a great Honor for Christ to change Simons name to Rock and bestow upon him the keys isn't it? I guess not. You will have to choose one of the dozens of personal interpretations of what the keys really mean. Your choice You believe as you wish merely infforming you. If you know wish to rage and misrepresent, and condemn me to hell your choice, but you were answered.

United States

#554561 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
Then why should the bible have to have the word "Catholic" in it to specifically describe Jesus Christ One True Universal Church??.....Over 2000 years of verifiable Church history confirms it !!!
-
-
USA Born wrote:
Only verifiable in the church's demonic writings. Your church didn't start until the 2d century with the legends of Irenaeus. From there we can see the Inquisitions of the latin church then by the RCC. Murderous and bloody past in the name of your "church" but, you want to believe it was what Christ wanted.
-
-
hojo: "Over 2000 years of verifiable Church history confirms it !!!"
The ONLY aspect of your church that has been "stable" over these 2000 years - is its adherence to paganism. NOT the church that Christ left.
-
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
-
and in the name of the RCC - untold millions have suffered either torture and death or loss of everything.
-
It is ABSURD that Christ would stand behind a PAGAN institution that tortures and murders heretics. What kind of mindset was needed for all the little RCC sycophants to carry out the orders of the pope? and then torture & murder their fellow citizens?
-
-
Once again, hojo, HISTORY is written by the aggressor and the RCC has been the world's most unmistakable, far-reaching AGGRESSOR. EVER. Evil personified.
-
Answer this question, please, hojo:
Is it possible that the Catholic Church could survive if it completely did away with all of its PAGAN Rites and Rituals?

Location hidden

#554562 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
My mother-in-law died on June 23, so my life has been a little more full recently. We have had spent much time traveling back and forth from MD to PA. No, I'm not trying to blame my lack of writing on her, especially since she can't defend herself. No mother-n-law jokes here. But let me describe to you "dying grace" beginning with my wife's own words in a letter to the friends of my mother-in-law:
"On Sunday, while she was still there (at the hospital), she seemed to be taking a "turn for the worse." That day will always be in our memories! She saw her entire immediate family. She was very slow and deliberate in her speech, but spoke on and on about how she loved us, was pleased with us, and that we were to live for God and then go and love others. It was quite a remarkable day."
My mother-in-law was just radiating love and grace in a way which I never experienced from her. My wife would say the same. Her countenance was different. Her tone of voice was different. In a sense, she glowed God, or should I say, God glowed through her. She told the nurse practitioner and us that she would die that evening or the next day. She died the next day. As my wife said, what a beautiful memory.
My sister-in-law called it "dying grace." I have not heard that term often, so I decided to look it up. Dying grace refers to the last moments, sometimes days, in which God provides many blessings for the adjusted believer. I define an adjusted believer who has two things: 1) a firm faith in the Scriptures, the Word of God; and 2) a knowledge that they are approaching death. They may have had some time to prepare for death, not always. Thus, they experience a clear conscience, inner peace, and inner happiness. There is a complete absence of fear, because they are awaiting to be with Jesus.
My mother-in-law was calm and at peace. What a way to die! What grace God provided!
Someone asked the famous evangelist Dwight Moody, "Do you have dying grace?" He replied, "No, I don't. I'm not dying yet." When it did come time to die, he said, "“I see earth receding; Heaven is approaching. God is calling me. This is my triumph. This is my coronation day. It is glorious. God is calling and I must go.”
Dying grace. What a gift of God!
Notice, it is grace. It is a gift. You can't earn it. It is a gift God gives to those he chooses.
From Scripture:
And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years.{the whole...: Heb. the days of the years of his life}
And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:

Thomas Scott:
Jacob was sensible that death was speedily approaching, and he greatly desired the presence of his beloved Joseph, who lived at court, while himself was at a considerable distance; as not even affection to his parent could induce Joseph to relax his unremitting attention to the important duties of his station.—Jacob’s dying request,“not to be buried in Egypt,” evidenced his belief of the Lord’s promise concerning Canaan, of which land he would thus take and keep possession. It also intimated, that he desired to have his lot after death, not with the Egyptians, but with his fathers Abraham and Isaac, in that heavenly rest which Canaan typified.

Location hidden

#554563 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Quite!!!.......TRUE Christians know that the source of Scripture is "The Word of God " (alone) historically known as Sola Verbum Dei.....This Word comes "directly" from Jesus Christ HIMSELF (over 2000 years ago) and from the Apostles through both the "written"--,and the "Oral (unwritten)! Tradition".....2 Thess 2:15 I which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus Himself built upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:13-21 and I Tim 3:15 " the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH...The ineffable wisdom of God is made known through HIS Church (Eph:3:9-10
Glad to help...the "Word of God" is the Bible!!!!

Location hidden

#554564 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us ALL in the Bible where it says that the "Bible alone"is the ONE and ONLY source of Truth which God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired Word!!........and .........show us ALL (in the Bible)----the words ----"bible only"..........Then get back to ALL of us!......
"Bible only" is not in the Bible...but it certainly teaches that....I have shown this to you countless times...
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#554565 Aug 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As another poster brought up ,Jesus STOPPED Peter from violence. He told the disciples to walk away from those who would not accept Him...and it would be bad,for them...HE WILL take care,of it ....not His,Church...the idea of forcing conversions by torture is TOTALLY the opposite of what He,preached.
We are NOT to torture or kill to make or intimidate,folks,to believe .
Don't you think HE could have CREATED US so we would never stray ....
Can't you see this...???? You say the inquisition were what He wanted....How. and you've said this before ...
You do understand that God (as recorded in the OT) commanded His people to murder the pagans? So, why did He do that?

And, btw, the Inquisition and the Crusades were not about forcing people to convert, but about protecting the Truth. Don't you think that's important? Or do you feel that there is no Truth worth protecting?

And don't put words in my mouth. I never said that God wanted the Inquisition.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#554566 Aug 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them.
Your line of questioning only shows that you would rather divert from answering than to be open and honest with me and others - by making a direct statement.
Don't worry Just Sayin'- I've noted that you refuse to believe Jesus. Now go about your business of believing in what men tell you.
*sighs*
I think you've been hanging out with June too long. Sorry, but neither of you get to tell other people what they believe. At least not without sounding presumptive (dumb).
I genuinely wanted to know what you believe the other half of Jesus' teachings were and you accuse me of concocting a "line of questioning" in an effort to divert from answering one of the questions buried in your post. Never mind, like I said before, I don't think you have a clue as to just what Jesus' "second half of teachings" are.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#554567 Aug 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them.
*sighs*
Also, not every article on the list even mentions Jesus, so how can "all of them" be about Jesus' teachings?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554568 Aug 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
Imho, I think that some people feel the reinforcement of their faith in Christ by the senses. It is as Thomas had to "see" Jesus after his death in order to believe.(Of course we know also that it is more blessed to believe than to see.)
And the latter is what you write of is that you do not believe that the elements of the wine and bread are changed, although by taste, texture, and smell, but perhaps the substance of them are changed.
Likewise, a human being in substance is changed when they accept Christ and are born again, although they appear the same, with the same smells, tastes, and texture as before.
Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. But for some their faith is helped by the senses, others need him in an emotional way, or intellectually. And for some these become crutches, or even idols.
Imho, it would seem our best acceptance of Christ is spiritually, and this may take years of searching, like me, to be found.
I WAS ONLY addressing you to ask if YOU were saying the,taste and texture of the bread and wine changed after consecration....an actual physical change ...I want addressing any spiritual belief, Robert ..
Maybe you weren't saying that? That's why I asked ...I was never taught theocrats or texture changed .....is that what you meant ....? As far as,I know,they taste likes,one tastes before and after consecration..did I miss something? Or were you speaking of non physical change,..

I had a non Catholic ask.me about that once ..did it taste like flesh..I of course said no..she,was sincere in her asking ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Darwins Stepchild 28,684
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hukt on Fonix 968,797
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pantheist 18,511
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve 618,186
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Not religious 44,168
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr okimar 53,709
foreign muslims and moloch 2 hr Scat 5
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 hr Paul is dead 3,642
More from around the web