Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647074 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#554510 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why should the bible have to have the word "Catholic" in it to specifically describe Jesus Christ One True Universal Church??.....Over 2000 years of verifiable Church history confirms it !!!
The only reason you worship a supposed creator is because you are certain that HE chose Catholics for heaven and all others will be rejected to eternal hell.

You don't even give a rat's ass about your Protestant family members, as you spit on them as lower cast beings that deserve what they get for not believing in the ever so superior Catholic doctrines.

YUCK!!!
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#554512 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine a creator making a plan where he knew all forms of life, including humans would have to suffer.
And then you want me to worship an image of such a creator.
Absolutely NOT!!!
It is not Jehovah God or his son Jesus that teaches disobedient mankind will suffer after death, it is false religions and preachers that profess to be godly, because they do not understand the symbolic language of Scripture. Also the fact that hellfire is a tool of bondage for the Catholic religion, and those religions who adopt that false doctrine.
Matthew 13:10,11
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554513 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I believed that a god existed that was of the character of love, I had no desire to frighten others into believing that the god would reject them in a hereafter, as I believed we would ALL be chosen as special to the god.
That is why I could never trust a bible to give me what my conscience needed for mental food.
The words in the KJV bible, given to me by my dear mother, always resulted in my stomach going into an undesirable knot.
Now I understand WHY.
Religious literature was all compiled by men with VAIN attitudes of them being SPECIAL to the supposed gods. "I will be chosen, and you will be rejected to eternal hell."
BWAAAGGHHH!
June, ALL THROUGH THE BIBLE GOD SAYS "FEAR NOT" THE ONLY ONES WHO HAVE TO FEAR IS THOSE WHO HAVE REJECTED "GOD'S" SON. WHICH YOU HAVE!!.
"GOD DID NOT REJECT YOU". HE ALLOWED YOU TO MAKE A CHOICE, BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL" YOU CHOOSE THE LATTER.
RELIGIONS ARE NOT FROM "GOD" THEY ARE MADE UP BY THOSE WHO WANTED TO HAVE CONTROL AND POWER OVER OTHERS, THAT RESULTED IN PEOPLE FEARING "GOD" INSTEAD OF LOVING HIM.
THESE PEOPLE ARE IN BONDAGE TO A RELIGION, INSTEAD OF BEING FREE IN "CHRIST JESUS." WHERE THE {SPIRIT OF THE LORD} IS THERE IS FREEDOM". FROM FREE.
NO ONE IS REJECTING YOU June, THERE ISN'T ONE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN ON THIS THREAD WANTS TO SEE PEOPLE IN HELL, AND ABOVE ALL "GOD" DOESN'T".
HE MADE AWAY, FOR US TO BE WITH "HIM " FOR EVER THAT IS THROUGH "JESUS CHRIST" .
IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT HOW CAN YOU BE SAVED FROM HELL, HOW CAN YOU BE CLEANSE FROM YOUR SINS WITHOUT SALVATION, AND BEING WASH BY THE BLOOD OF "JESUS".
YOU HAVE A MIND SET THAT "GOD" IS CRUEL, HOW CAN THAT BE IF "GOD" GAVE "HIS" OWN "SON" TO DIE SO YOU MIGHT LIVE.
YOU DEMAND THE VERY BEST FROM "GOD" AND "HE" GAVE IT. NOT BECAUSE YOU ASKED BUT BECAUSE "HE" KNEW THAT IS WHAT WAS REQUIRED TO DIE FOR THE UNRIGHTIOUS, WHICH IS THE PEOPLE OF THIS WHOLE WORLD.
YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY AS WE ALL HAVE BEFORE "GOD" BUT BECAUSE OF "GOD" AMAZING GRACE," I AM SAVED THROUGH FAITH , BECAUSE OF "GOD'S" GREAT LOVE FOR US. June.
BEING SEPERATED FROM "GOD" FOR ALL ETERNITY IS AND WILL BE HELL June.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
EPH 2.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554514 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You bible only fundies are " constantly" fighting with each other on interpretation (or better yet misinterpretation) of bible verses... All ANYONE on this forum has to do is to read and listen to the constant bickering, yelling, screaming, bitching, disputing, calling each other names and arguing with each other....EACH ONE of you (bible interpreting EXPERTS ??????????
are "all over the place" ----constantly at each other's throats--- with "I m right, and your a bible interpreting idiot"------Ox vs Confrinting, you Cowboy vs Marge, Marge vs Ox, Ox vs Cowboy, a Confronting vs the next Bible only (self interpreting Protestant that claims to be the " only true interpreter of the bible" ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE.......You bible only's throw out " more whoppers" than a Burger King"----------Been there, done that, and "finally) "rejected" this bible only " merry- go-round" of half-truth, half-heresy ----so-called Christianity----------Finding the TRUTH of Our LOrd and the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through His historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church---where the faith, the Grace and the Salvation of Jesus is abundant and growing in hearts, minds and souls of billions of a Catholics around the world!......
(lol) they get along just fine. your the one who throws in the monkey wrench trying to inflame them.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554515 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, you just want to get your hands on her dope. I know your kind.
(lol)
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#554516 Aug 13, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do scriptures say " built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets" if the foundation was built on Peter alone?
Peter alone? I believe it is you who said that.

And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

For Catholics, this text is clear. All twelve apostles were present, yet Jesus promised to give to Peter alone the keys of the kingdom, symbolizing the authority of Christ—the authority of heaven—over the kingdom of heaven on Earth, which is the Church...

When we understand that Christ is the true “son of David” who came to restore the prophetic Kingdom of David, we understand that Christ in Matthew 16, like the King of Israel, was establishing a “prime minister” among his ministers—the apostles—in the Kingdom. Isaiah 22:15-22 gives us insight into the ministry of the “prime minister” in ancient Israel:
Thus says the Lord God of hosts,“Come, go to this steward, to Shebna, who is over the household, and say to him ... Behold the Lord will hurl you away violently.... I will thrust you from your office, and you will be cast down from your station. In that day I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. And I will place on his shoulder the key of the House of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

In Revelation 1:18, Jesus declares,“I have the keys of Death and Hades.” He then quotes this very text from Isaiah in Revelation 3:7:

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:“The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens.”

No Christian would deny Jesus is the King who possesses the keys. Who does he give the keys to? Peter!

"the rock" refers to Peter's faith, but also to Peter. In fact, you can't separate the man from his faith without doing violence to the text.... It is obvious from the text that there is more to this than just Peter's faith (7 Times Christ uses YOU referring to Peter.) Seven is a signifcant number. It is also always significant when someones name was changed in the Bible. Sorry, but he did not say I name you insignificant pebble. It is clear in Acts who is the leader. Peter says, You know the Lord chose me from among you to reveal that salvation was also for the Gentile. All of the Apostles were very significant. All of them had authority to bind and loose just as all Rabbis did but not to the exclusion of the key Holder. In matters of disupte the final arbiter. Protestants have made the keys over a dozen things on this thread alone. However to the Jew the Key Holder had a very distinct meaning. Jesus is not the Prime Minister he is the King. He is the head of the church. Jesus did not say I will give the keys to each invidual and all of your personal truths is the real deal. Many damnable heresies shall come and meet upon swift destruction. So can you tell everyone who that was and how that destruction happened? Just wondering since you are all knowing and all.

http://www.catholic.com/blog/tim-staples/pete...
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554517 Aug 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The words of the Pope have "never" been in conflict with Christ for over 2000 years regarding the TRUTH of doctrine on the teachings of faith and morals!....It is You Bible only's who "consistently spin' manipulate, twist, misquote and mix-interpret Sacred Scripture to (neatly fit) into your anti - catholic hostile, vindictive and hate filled agenda!......Nothing new here!.... This bible only self-interpreting distorted "merry-go-round" of bible verses has been going for over 450 years since the Reformation.-----
Hojo, THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CONFLICT, BETWEEN THE RIGHTIOUS OF "CHRIST" AND A POPE.
THE HOSTILITY CAME FROM THE POPE TOWARDS ALL WHO OPPOSED HIM.
YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF SCRIPTURE AND FREEDOM IN "CHRIST".
CAUSES THE HOSTILITY YOU FEEL TOWARDS THOSE WHO REJECT THE WHOLE CATHOLIC PAGAN RELIGION, AND ANY TEACHINGS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
DOCTRINE.
satan, BUILT HIS CHURCH ON EARTH, "THE CATHOLIC CHURCH" IS satans EARTHLY CHURCH.
THE CHURCH OF " CHRIST " IS NOT EARTHLY ITS SPIRITUAL AND "GOD" REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ON EARTH. WHICH LEAVES OUT THE POPE.
JESUS IS OUR " HIGH PRIEST, " ALL WHO BELIEVE AND ARE RE-BIRTH IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD. BELONG TO THIS "ROYAL PRIESTHOOD." THAT LEAVES OUT THE EARTHLY PRIESTHOOD Hojo.
from the time of "CHRIST" DEATH ON THE CROSS AND THE TEMPLE WAS TORE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM , IT HAS BEEN SO.
BUT YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES, YOU RATHER BELIEVE THE LIES THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE TEACHES AND ITS MAN MADE TRADITIONS.
YOU HAVE HAD THE WOOL PULLED OVER YOUR EYES Hojo,
IF YOU WERE TRULY BORN AGAIN, IN THE SPIRIT OF ALMIGHTY GOD YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS, BUT YOUR JUST AS SPIRITUAL DIED IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AS YOU WERE IN THE LAST ONE.
BECAUSE IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGIONS Hojo, IT'S ALL ABOUT "JESUS" AND IT'S ALL FOR 'JESUS".
WHEN YOU REJECT THE BIBLE YOU REJECT "JESUS" BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT "HIM" FROM COVER TO COVER.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#554518 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacky theology
If I had been created in spirit for a creator's PLEASURE ... then out of decency the creator should have left my perfected spirit IN heaven where along with HIM, I could have eternal pleasure. He should NOT have created Adam and Eve. Once he did that, he created a venue for me to suffer, for HIS pleasure.
Religion is ludicrous.
~~~~

IF MY RELIGION AS YOU SAY,... ludicrous... I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS A GOOD WAY OF LIFE ANYWAY

IF YOURS IS NOT .AS YOU SAY
.YOU HAVE GAMBLED EVERYTHING AND COME UP THE LOOSER

AND SPEND ETERNITY IN HELL....

VERSE FROM Thanatopsis

Poem by William Cullen Bryant :

So live, that when thy summons comes

to join
The innumerable caravan,
which moves
To that mysterious realm,
where each shall take
His chamber
in the silent halls of death,
Thou go not
, like the quarry-slave at night,
Scourged
to his dungeon,
but,
sustained and soothed
By an unfaltering trust,
approach
thy grave
Like one
who wraps the drapery of his couch
About him, and
lies down to pleasant dreams.

William Cullen Bryant

Burns Lake, Canada

#554519 Aug 13, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not Jehovah God or his son Jesus that teaches disobedient mankind will suffer after death, it is false religions and preachers that profess to be godly, because they do not understand the symbolic language of Scripture. Also the fact that hellfire is a tool of bondage for the Catholic religion, and those religions who adopt that false doctrine.
Matthew 13:10,11
YEAH RIGHT! And you have been brainwashed as a Jehovah's witness to believe that Jesus' supposed "spiritual" belief is aligned to ONLY the teachings in your cult.

Even if Jesus had lived, common sense should alert you that if he was faithful in his character, he would not have left Judaism for any other religion. He would have tried to correct wayward Jews to practice straight and narrow Judaism.

But all of you devotees in cults have an intense craving to believe you ARE special ... and that was and IS your downfall ... based on vanity.

Burns Lake, Canada

#554520 Aug 13, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, ALL THROUGH THE BIBLE GOD SAYS "FEAR NOT"
The men that wrote the literature wrote ... "FEAR NOT hell and damnation ... ONLY if you belong to OUR religion. If you belong to another religion ... you damned well better FEAR."

Wake up ... or NOT. The choice is yours for the TAKING!

Burns Lake, Canada

#554521 Aug 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
IF MY RELIGION AS YOU SAY,... ludicrous... I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
That is what Fred Phelps thought, as he spun more and more words as literal truths in the hopes of luring others into his home-spun cult.

He died a bitter lonely old man with a face that showed features of emotional suffering, rather than emotional peace.

You use your Jesus-trash to put others down as lower than you.

That is NOT good for you ... no matter how much you believe that you are winning a battle against supposed evil.

I suggest that you keep in mind that in your ongoing suspicion that others are evil ... you might become what you claim to hate ... which IS that male-created word ... "EVIL."

Burns Lake, Canada

#554522 Aug 13, 2014
Never trust men that claimed they knew universal truth and in turn could WRITE of universal truth. And never trust women who in turn take those male-created words to believe that they along with men are preaching universal truth.

Someone wrote that there will come a day when women will be relieved to know they never wrote even one word in the bible.

I suggest there will come a day when women along with men will be sorry they picked up that bible to preach words at others as being evil sinners.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#554524 Aug 13, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Does one have to understand transubstantiation? I don't think so, I don't think it *can* be fully understood. It's a mystery and we walk by faith, although I can appreciate what you're saying regarding our need for sensible elements. Isn't that why Jesus used bread and wine in the first place, because of our need to taste and see? Likewise water and oil, etc. God in His wisdom.
Yes, I'm happier now. But in many ways it's bitter sweet, although I think that's usual as one grows older. The result of shining His light in the dark places, as you said.
Pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East, pray very hard.
Regina

Peace

Transubstantiation is just a word used to convey the mystery of Christ, and of faith in him, I agree.

Perhaps it, and consubstantiation get in the way of faith?

It may be that the darkness faced by Christians all over the world is a burden we must all share, as those suffering becomes our own.

It is a time of darkness on the earth, but we must not despair. Prayer brings us to God, and He answers all prayers.

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#554525 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
luther strongly disputed the claim that freedom from God's punishment for sin could be purchased with monetary values.
that is Biblical, we cant buy Salvation since it is a free gift from God.
Luther taught that salvation and subsequently eternity in heaven is not earned by good deeds but is received only as a free gift of God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ as redeemer from sin and subsequently eternity in Hell. His theology challenged the authority of the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church by teaching that the Bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge from God[2]
I have no problem with this assessment.
On his deathbed, Luther was asked,'Are you ready to die trusting in your Lord Jesus Christ and to confess the doctrine which you have taught in his name?'. He answered,'Yes' before taking his final breath.
unknown to catholics, this is called "dying Grace". to the Christian there is Saving grace, Keeping Grace and dying Grace. All provided by God and not the catholic church.
any person who could argue with this attitude, doesnt know God, and doesn't want to know Him. people like star and reg, among others.
Luther hated Jews. this was his biggest Problem, no stars in his crown for this hatred. But the final word on this is did he really have what he claimed at his death.
his opposition to the papacy in no way prohibits God to give to him eternal life. there is no harm in calling evil, evil. in fact, we are urged to withstand false doctrine even at the cost of our lives.
Preston

Peace

I am no authority on Luther. But I have only a question concerning his being saving grace, by faith. If as he believed, that the human free-will was incapable of choosing a moral good, due to sin, then how can one accept God gift of grace, to be saved, or have free-will? Does this not mean that God FORCED the gift upon man's free-will? And then man really has no free-will?

It is that I would rather see everyone understand what is involved with being saved by the grace of God that I ask these questions, so that it is better understood....

Often in the past, we remember things, and people which we believe did much for us, but in fact our benefactors may be quite unseen and unknown to us.

Peace

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#554526 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what Fred Phelps thought, as he spun more and more words as literal truths in the hopes of luring others into his home-spun cult.
He died a bitter lonely old man with a face that showed features of emotional suffering, rather than emotional peace.
You use your Jesus-trash to put others down as lower than you.
That is NOT good for you ... no matter how much you believe that you are winning a battle against supposed evil.
I suggest that you keep in mind that in your ongoing suspicion that others are evil ... you might become what you claim to hate ... which IS that male-created word ... "EVIL."
~~~

you wrote

He died a bitter lonely old man with a face that showed features of emotional suffering, rather than emotional peace...

Your POST CONCERNING Fred Phelps ( YOU HAVE POSTED ABOUT HIM BEFORE)..IS
EVIDENTLY TROUBLES YOU......

He was and extreme fanatic FOR GOD to the point of hatred..

You are an extreme fanatic AGAINST GOD...

YOU WILL DIE a bitter lonely old WOMAN with a face that shows features of emotional suffering, rather than emotional peace...

Even now the only fellowship you evidently have.... is here ..IN THIS FORUM..and no other interaction WITH A HUMAN BEING exist..

i FEEL SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT TAKES THEIR BITTERNESS OUT ON GOD..
just you and your GODLESS RANTING...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554527 Aug 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your position Dan, however, had Luther and the reformers stuck to reforming and attempting to root out the corruption which existed in the Church at the time, instead of changing apostolic teaching and starting their own churches, they would be saints. One can be justified in criticizing the abuses by the hierarchy, but one cannot justify throwing the baby out with the bathwater, which is exactly what protestantism has accomplished.
Please take a moment and look up Sts. Ignatius of Loyola, Therese of Avila, Charles Borromeo and others.
Anthony,I will take the time to read some of them in the future,but the truth is that saints are God's concern. The writings of the saints canonized by the RCC are basically very committed to Christ,but at the same time they are thoroughly Catholic in their mindset,and most of them were nuns,priests,and religious(monks and so on). Their devotion was to the Catholic doctrines,magesterium,and the RCC as a whole.

Was watching Jonette on EWTN Women of Grace. The subject was Mary,as it usually is on her show.St.Louis de Mont,and his very extreme devotion to the Blessed Mother.Attributes were shared,quite numerous which have been said of the Lord Himself, truly a divine description. Catholics claim they do not worship Mary,but Mary is worshiped plain and simple, Catholics need to stop lying to themselves. It is such a shame,but it is a very important issue that divides all Christians. But than again Anthony,Christians will always be divided,but when they focus on JESUS alone and what He did on Calvary for us all,than we are united.When we praise Him,and see His place next to His Father in glory,and obey His commandments,than we are united.

Mary will never unite the church,because she was never meant to do so,but we can all know that she being His Mother has a place as being truly blessed.But when Catholics constantly attribute that Mary gives graces,and that she must be seen as the spouse of the Holy Spirit,and other extreme doctrines that never will unite the Body of Christ, Division will always be between us all. Here on this thread Protestants show their true colors as to how divisive they are as well,with constant bickering over things in the Word that apparently they do not understand. If they did,than they would not argue over them.

And Yes there is a pompous attitude in Prots as well,we are all guilty it seems of these things.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554528 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
subscribe to this news. it comes daily at no cost.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/
Okay and you try Joel's blogs :) it comes a couple times a week ...great Christian author with Jewish roots. Have seen h I m talk on tv . He makes great sense and has a definite Chritian view toward what is happening as he goes there a lot and has met leaders ...

Pad

Rockford, IL

#554529 Aug 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter alone? I believe it is you who said that.
And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
For Catholics, this text is clear. All twelve apostles were present, yet Jesus promised to give to Peter alone the keys of the kingdom, symbolizing the authority of Christ—the authority of heaven—over the kingdom of heaven on Earth, which is the Church...
When we understand that Christ is the true “son of David” who came to restore the prophetic Kingdom of David, we understand that Christ in Matthew 16, like the King of Israel, was establishing a “prime minister” among his ministers—the apostles—in the Kingdom. Isaiah 22:15-22 gives us insight into the ministry of the “prime minister” in ancient Israel:
Thus says the Lord God of hosts,“Come, go to this steward, to Shebna, who is over the household, and say to him ... Behold the Lord will hurl you away violently.... I will thrust you from your office, and you will be cast down from your station. In that day I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. And I will place on his shoulder the key of the House of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
In Revelation 1:18, Jesus declares,“I have the keys of Death and Hades.” He then quotes this very text from Isaiah in Revelation 3:7:
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:“The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens.”
No Christian would deny Jesus is the King who possesses the keys. Who does he give the keys to? Peter!
"the rock" refers to Peter's faith, but also to Peter. In fact, you can't separate the man from his faith without doing violence to the text.... It is obvious from the text that there is more to this than just Peter's faith (7 Times Christ uses YOU referring to Peter.) Seven is a signifcant number. It is also always significant when someones name was changed in the Bible. Sorry, but he did not say I name you insignificant pebble. It is clear in Acts who is the leader. Peter says, You know the Lord chose me from among you to reveal that salvation was also for the Gentile. All of the Apostles were very significant. All of them had authority to bind and loose just as all Rabbis did but not to the exclusion of the key Holder. In matters of disupte the final arbiter. Protestants have made the keys over a dozen things on this thread alone. However to the Jew the Key Holder had a very distinct meaning. Jesus is not the Prime Minister he is the King. He is the head of the church. Jesus did not say I will give the keys to each invidual and all of your personal truths is the real deal. Many damnable heresies shall come and meet upon swift destruction. So can you tell everyone who that was and how that destruction happened? Just wondering since you are all knowing and all.
http://www.catholic.com/blog/tim-staples/pete...
I read your post. Dust Storm, GROW UP in the Lord,you are very immature in your reasoning of history and Christianity as a whole,and that is not a pompous assessment either!
STOCK TIP

Frankfort, KY

#554530 Aug 13, 2014
ECAU this stock way over sold, tell your friends

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554531 Aug 13, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already asked you more than once what the other half of what Jesus taught was, but you never responded with anything specific.
Sure I have - you just refuse to accept my answers.

These are not taught by Christianity and hold alot of Jesus' teachings - alot more than what is in the canon.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Joe Fortuna 971,825
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Buck Crick 49,640
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 11 min Truthiness 27
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Tony 6,063
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Barnsweb 445,762
4 Best book to learn CPA 2 hr VPNproxy 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,730
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 105,691
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 8 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web