Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654523 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#554302 Aug 12, 2014
truth wrote:
I still believe Jesus Christ is Lord!
If you believed that Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism, you would have no USE for him whatsoever.

Even if Jesus did live in spirit form, that spirit would be wise enough to catch on to the idea that he would be the ONLY Jew on earth that you idolize and WHY it is that you DO idolize that spirit.

I suggest that "spirit" would not be as stupefied as is your brain-cells.

Prince George, Canada

#554303 Aug 12, 2014
truth wrote:
Why don't you be honest how leaders which you describe stay under satanic occult!
That satanic-occult bullshiit STEMS from your Catholic cult-training.

And you want to foist that FEAR that you feel unto others to infect them with the same FEAR.

I wont buy it. I never have and never will.

Even as a child they could not impregnate my mentality with such obnoxious mental junk. And I don't intend to start allowing them access to my brain-cells now.

The occult IS the religions to which you ALL belong!

Prince George, Canada

#554304 Aug 12, 2014
If Catholics were protected from a supposed Satan, why did they NEED to be exorcized?

If you don't ask questions of what your leaders taught you ... you "will" fall short of your own marks.

And note that I didn't post "marks of truth."

Truth is a big word in the minds of religious devotees, who all too often claim ownership OF that word.
Ytt

Chanhassen, MN

#554305 Aug 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....which one of the 42,200 protestant religions did you abandon?
All of them!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#554306 Aug 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHILE MY OPINION MAY NOT FIT YOURS..
i STILL HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS IT.
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
A GOOD APPLE TREE MIGHT HAVE A FEW BAD APPLES,
BUT ONE THAT SODOMIZES CHILDREN ACROSS THE WORLD .
AND REFUSES TO DISCIPLINE OR ACKNOWLEDGE THEM ..AND MOVES THEM FROM PLACE TO PLACE .TO PROTECT ITSELF .....IS EVIL TO ITS CORE..
AND YOUR PROTECTING IT... DOESN'T LEAVE A WHOLE LOT TO SAY FOR YOU..
Ignorant, uninformed and perverted. The percentage of "bad apples" committing fornication, adultery and sodomizing children and covering it up is higher in protestant circles. That is a fact, even according to protestant child abuse advocates.
Ytt

Chanhassen, MN

#554307 Aug 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
HOJO when you were protestant did you belong to the 4 SQUARE PROTESTANT church? They have nearly 8 million members.
http://www.foursquare.org/
Which one of the 42,000 did they represent?.....

Prince George, Canada

#554308 Aug 12, 2014
That word occult was once associated with the words "universal knowledge."

Now the abbreviated word "cult" is a word associated with another stupefied religious word ... "EVIL."

If we don't leave religion behind ... that religious literature will keep on creating one battle after another over who the gods love and who they will reject to hells.

I suggest you give it up and stop behaving comparable to spoiled children.
Ytt

Chanhassen, MN

#554309 Aug 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....are you now saying the holy spirit screws up sometimes?
Unbelievable!
No!!...You are saying it!.....
Believable!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#554310 Aug 12, 2014
Many people in religion claim "for instance" that serial killers are evil ... indicating that their minds are owned by Satan.

Yet when the popes and those such as Martin Luther ordered the killing of supposed heretics, they were praised by their followers as HOLY servants of GOD.

Human IDIOCY!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554311 Aug 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you have a vendetta against Atheists. But such leader were not Atheists, they were dictators.
Hitler was raised a Catholic and claimed he was a devout Catholic. Maybe on his death-bed he believed that Jesus really did die for his sins and that he would be "saved." He was NOT an Atheist ... he was a dictator.
Stalin studied for five years to become a priest. When he ruled Russian, he was a dictator whose orders lead to the death of millions of his subject. He was a dictator, who might have prayed each day that Jesus would wash away all his supposed sins, as he was taught as a child and as he was taught as an adult by his Catholic superiors.
The popes ordered the killing of countless humans labeled as heretics, and in so doing believed they would be rewarded with sainthood and eternal bliss in "heaven." They were NOT Atheists. They were dictators.
Hitler supposedly shot himself and Eva Braun,they were thrown into a ditch or hole and buried by fellow Nazis,who later either killed themselves or were arrested by the Allies.No chance that Hitler had a bedside conversion. His so-called Catholicism was master fakery,and he delighted in killing Catholics as well as Jews. Naturally he used the church to dupe the German peoples,the Lutheran church fell under his spell as well.

When Christians do not have their focus on Christ,they are easily led astray just like anyone else. June religion is in its sophisticated form of political organization with elaborate philosophies, detrimental to the living soul that needs to be nourished by the Savior Himself.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554312 Aug 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong on this , but will not He,judge,US,by what we,know and have learned ..
Those growing up and indoctrinated as children , never hearing the gospel on pain of death , those,children indoctrinated by atheist parents,in countries,that have NO GOD ..or only the innate,knowledge man has,within him.
We have,more,ways,to reach these people,than past ages, for sure , and As,Kay said some,even have,Dreams of Jesus. BUT how much more,responsible are,we before our Saviuir than those,who may never hear. Even here they've,kicked,God out of school discourse..
It's,Wonderful that you and,I don't do the,judging ...as for Billy Graham..I did not hear the,tape you speak of, but this,man has,done,so much to bring people to the,Lord.. how,much does each soul brought to belief through his,seed planting ?? And of course the work of the Holy Spirit using people,like,Billy ...and others.
I do know,as we age our neocortex loses,power over the old brain, paleo cortex , leaving us,to have less,control over basic emotions,....could his,emotions,and heart for folks be overcoming
His,more,tempered function.....is,he misreading a,message from the,Lord,OR reading it ....it's,all between God,and,Billy who has,been His,faithful servant .
I like to believe God,realizes,any infirmities,of old age,or even some folks,mental defects...age,related or not ..WILL he judge someone truly impaired even younger people,as He,judges,those,with all their faculties?
I emphasize, these are,all question s,for Our Merciful God,, and,not me, thank God. HIS,ways are not ours,.....
And,Franklin's,organization does,such good in the,world, being at every disaster with practical help in the,face of horrors,we hope,we never face, God bless him.
So I personally leave Billy and his,family to the,Saviour of us all..imo we should be found 1percent even as productive,for Jesus,when Jesus meets,out our,rewards....or not .
And yes that's,my opinion..
Blessings,to you Pad
Thank you RoSeze,you brought out some things here most to be considered,especially with people who are in their "Twilight" years. We do struggle with strong emotions at times,and swing the other way as well,kind of listless as it were. Recently I saw a program that Billy Graham initiated with his family,and with singers,actors and so on who are believers.It proclaimed the gospel in its truest extent,and many viewers could be drawn to Christ through it.

Older people,and I am speaking from self experience,do tend to mellow on issues,that they were vehement about when younger. That is fact. Some exceptions no doubt,as to whether or not the person's foundation was bad or good. Older persons do have wisdom granted to them from a life-long of experiences,and they can share so much,if anyone would care to listen.

Billy no doubt even now can be misunderstood,although it would be better at times if he would not accept interviews,but would just give a blessing or whatever. He might be facing more severe symptoms of Senility,as he declines. He still seems sharp. But we must as believers remember and hold dear to our hearts the wonderful ministry that man,along with his whole team(Cliff Barrows,etc) traveled this country and than many spots in this world,preaching the glorious and consistent gospel of Christ,which has no end,and is eternal for all who will follow Christ.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554313 Aug 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many people in religion claim "for instance" that serial killers are evil ... indicating that their minds are owned by Satan.
Yet when the popes and those such as Martin Luther ordered the killing of supposed heretics, they were praised by their followers as HOLY servants of GOD.
Human IDIOCY!
I have been a Christian for a long time June,and have read many books concerning my faith,and articles about the terrible things done by the early leaders of faith,both in the RC and Protestant persuasions.NEVER have I read from Catholic authors or Protestant who are of this age,an exaltation of killing the other group as being glorious and acceptable.I have read Catholic authors who may have soft-soaped misdeeds by their predecessors in faith,but never considered the Inquisition to be acceptable in the torture and killing of heretics,and the same to Protestant authors of this age.They always condemned the evil actions of Reformer leaders who ordered the slaughter of Catholics.

June, like all of us you revert to idiocy in your statements that do not possibly show the whole picture,but attack as a pariah,with little bites to taunt and nibble to the point of frustration. We all do this to each other,and you are no different,so when you call us idiots,or silly,or whatever,just turn the finger on yourself as well.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#554314 Aug 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pleased that you are on this thread.
Why did you use a low-cast "i" when the truth of the MATTER is you are certain you can dictate to others what a god expects OF OTHERS?
Imagine the PRIDE of King James I when the Puritans handed him that bible, written in HIS honor.
He must have felt the same PRIDE as do you in the notion (mental motion) that he also knew the mind of the GOD.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......
THE BIBLE
THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.
ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.
READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
~~~

The Bible that first KNOWN TO touch AMERICAN SOIL FROM THE MAY FLOWER WAS THE GENEVA BIBLE..WRITTEN IN 1599.... I have and some times use that translation..
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554315 Aug 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther forgot to include himself in his lament.
"This one will not hear of Baptism, and that one denies the sacrament, another puts a world between this and the last day: some teach that Christ is not God, some say this, some say that: there are as many sects and creeds as there are heads. No yokel is so rude but when he has dreams and fancies, he thinks himself inspired by the Holy Ghost and must be a prophet."
De Wette III, 61. quoted in O'Hare, THE FACTS ABOUT LUTHER, 208.
http://www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/errpr...
No matter how you posters slice it and dice it,Luther and the Reformers as they are called to this day, began,in other words they opened the can of WORMS,which smelled putrid to the LORD of Hosts.The sins and abuses,the corruption of the Magesterium in those days needed to be confronted,and GOD chose to use men,who are yet sinners,and were spawned no doubt by the corruption of that Religious Political system you love so dearly. It is obvious that God did not have a strong passion for what resulted in Europe during those periods of time that RCism ruled with a corrupted force,putting the Word of God in chains as it were,and using man-made tradtions as the tenents of God, Who was forgotten,as He never changed,and His Son is the Same Yesterday,Today and forever.

No religious system has the right to change anything,and God will judge either presently or in the future age to come.He is not mocked,and He will do what He has purposed,no matter what we do,or plan to do,with or without Him. It is as important today to keep with Him and His commandments,as it was in the days of the Reformation.Jesus said He came with the sword to divide that which was of Him from that which basically is against Him,but claims to be His. God is very patient. These times are different,and we shall have a whole new set of circumstances to be confronted with. The Reformation is past,done and had its place in history. It is not meant for you RCs to take back as it were, what you thought might have been taken from you in the Reformation. Christ wants all of us to follow Him,and it is down right obvious,and fiscal clear that our denominations and "Church Affiliations" will not be the impetus to cause believers to follow Christ passionately,only the Holy Spirit can do that!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#554316 Aug 12, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So "He" speaks to you and not others? You claim "He" speaks everyday. I disagree and refute that "He" does.
Will you provide eveidence to support your claim, or just divert to some other topic and continue to lie to me and others that you have actually spoken with "God".
"God" hasn't spoken to anyone in thousands of years, but you now claim "He" has to you.
FYI - the last person on this forum who claimed the same, has yet to provide evidence to such a claim. Are you going to be this same way?
*sighs*
Are you lying about "God" to garnish sympathy or friendship for other liars? You've come to the right forum for it.
Nope, I will not provide you with any evidence. I can not provide any evidence that fits into the physical world. No one can.

The only way for you get that proof is exactly like I described to you.
Try sitting still and listening. You may have to sit still for a spell until your mind is still.

Where do ideas come from? Seems to me that the thought ... or words ... instantaneously materilize in your mind. POW ... instant idea. Often times they come when you are not even consciously thinking about that particular thing or subject. Sometimes they come in the middle of the night and they wake you up when they hit you.
The logic and the reason to show the viability of the idea come later ... NOT before.

Logic and reason are man made constructs. The human mind was not made by man and man still has no definitive conclusions on what the human mind is capable of doing, and seeing, and hearing, and experiencing. Expereincing up to and including conscious out of body travel to anywhere in the universes.
Is conscious out of body travel logical? Is it reasonable?
Says who?

Location hidden

#554317 Aug 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
that piece of grain is part of His Creation, not Him the Creator.
Now see how easy that was to figure out, clay.
You unwittingly bring up a valid point but do not see it apparently.
A piece of pie is still, well, pie
How much pie do you need to eat before you are convinced you ate pie? The whole pie?

Location hidden

#554318 Aug 12, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No life outside your own - has no bearing on you.
Not entirely true and woefully incomplete.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554319 Aug 12, 2014
Ytt wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of the 42,000 did they represent?.....
....#24,739.

----------

.... lutherans are #00,001....kinda cool eh to have that number.

Location hidden

#554320 Aug 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a shame that this forum has people like a dope head like marge and a queer like tony who both claim to be Christians.
this kind of living is not what is considered a Holiness lifestyle. not one that Jesus is Proud of, so marge saying that Jesus is going to rebuke me for withstanding these kinds of lifestyles is very funny.
Interesting.
Since when is not being an infallable human a prerequisite to belief or acceptance or forgiveness?

Do you love the ones you love only because they are perfect and do everything in a way that you agree with?
Nope.
You love them ... faults and all.
Right?

Pull the stick out of your own eye first me thinks.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#554321 Aug 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus...
In the OT , GOD was giving the Jews THEIR LAND ,inhabited by pagans.
He did not want them worshipping other gods in THEIR LAND .
JESUS said nothing about spreading HIS WORD, by forcing conversions....nor killing nor allowing others to kill with CHURCH sanction.....
As much as He thought the priests dangerous in not allowing others to come to God, HE DID NOT SAY kill them, nor rise up against the Romans,.....did He???
Preach the word , if you're not accepted,LEAVE ....
Personally I believe abominations against the Jewish people who worship the God of Abraham because of their faith, will be punished ..GOD will take care of them in HIS PLAN.
But certainly, seriously how can ANYONE be forced into FAITH ...not even our children...
We alone can accept Him as Saviuir...we must SPREAD HIS WORD, certainly to the ends,of the earth , but God FORCES NO ONE ....
Again I cite your popes actions, excommunication of some sort , even banning ...not the sword ..is the tool of any church with an unrepentant member ..even the Early church did this..they counsellors then shunned them , not killed them ....
I wish he'd do it to pro-choice politicians ....as,all Christian churches should , IMO, voting for more and more ABORTIONS.
But that's another subject .
No Christian Church should ever have killed others in Jesus name, one is too many
I look forward to your answer ...
As for killing people in order to protect the Gospel and keep it pure so that people would not be led into error which can damn their immortal soul to hell, and to uphold the Gospel so that it can be taught to future generations… I don’t think God would have a problem with that. Again, in the OT, God commanded His people to go claim those lands and destroy the inhabitants of them.
You will recall that the Crusades were the Catholic Church’s goal of *restoring Christian access to holy places in and near Jerusalem.* There was a 200 year struggle for control of the Holy Land. The Crusades were a defensive war against the expansion of Islam in the near East. Do you think we should have just done nothing? If we had done nothing, you would be on your prayer rug praying to Allah. You ok with that?
You are right, Jesus apparently never said that we are to force conversions and kill people who don’t convert. However, Jesus did say “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”
I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.(Luke 12:49–53)
And Jesus warned the disciples that they were sent out as sheep amongst wolves.
So it sounds like Jesus was saying that there was much at stake. There was Truth, and there were lies. He commissioned the apostles to keep the Truth, to guard it, and to spread it. And to defend it. Even if that meant that people had to die doing so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min NoStress4me 64,896
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min crucifiedguy 281,962
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,604
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Peter Ross 857
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 973,971
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,224
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 618,749
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 45,309
More from around the web