Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665069 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#554084 Aug 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the Bible needs to say 'Peter was in Rome' in order for it to be true?
Really?

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#554085 Aug 11, 2014
Theologians all had individual flights of fancy. That is why they could not agree on whose fantasies were based on universal truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Gnostic Jesus

Just as Adam and Eve are regarded as central characters in the Christian creation myth, they are equally as important in that of the Gnostics. As mentioned in previous articles, the creation of the world according to Gnostic tradition is an account of the world created not by the True God, but by a false god. As Adam and Eve were created and placed in the Garden of Eden in Genesis, the same has been done in Gnostic scripture.

However, the demiurge is responsible for the placement of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. The demiurge has created the fleshly bodies to entrap the spirits of Adam and Eve. Adam is placed under a spell of ignorance and put to sleep by the false god. Eve is placed next to him, and she commands Adam to awaken. When Adam sees Eve, he believes that she is his creator.

http://www.gnostic-jesus.com/gnostic-jesus/Ov...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#554086 Aug 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
"all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for correction, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work" (2tim 3:16)
1. Whoever goes from Scripture being "profitable" to Scripture being the "only" thing is adding to the word of God.
2. Paul is writing Timothy, his disciple and Bishop, and telling him that the OT Scriptures are profitable for "the man of God" . This means the ordained men in the Church... it is not a blanket statement for every Ox, preston or Rose who picks up a Bible and reads that verse.
2 Tim 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Nothing about O.T., only ordained men or bishops;

You preach a false Goepel.

Prince George, Canada

#554087 Aug 11, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."
Heaven will also pass away???

If you can't SEE that ignorant men wrote words and more words that make no sense whatsoever ... it's because you WANT to stay blind-sighted in order to keep on preaching nonsense.

Preaching supposed truth makes you feel POWERFUL, and as is the case with all preachers in all contradictory religions ... you have made preaching your favorite "brand" of religion ... your "main" reason for living.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#554088 Aug 11, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "man-made " bible only contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (hodge-podge) of over 42,000 splintered and fractured denominations are "already in such confusion, chaos and disarray that those (never-ending number) of Protestants that have been "duped" by this 18 the century half-truth, half -heresy Bible only beliefs are leaving by the 1000's and coming to the Biblical and historical TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church ...
You would "do well" to concentrate on repairing the contradicting mess in YOUR OWN Protestant divided and fractured denominations instead of "wishing and hoping" that maybe something catastrophic will happen to the Catholic Church (which will NEVER happen since Jesus assured us over 2000 years ago ---that the "gates of hell WILL NOT prevail against His One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church..
The Word of God has and always will prevail against you and your church. Your robotic rituals won't save you.

Prince George, Canada

#554089 Aug 11, 2014
When I was still under the spell of religion, I never preached at others that I knew truth. I always admitted that what I believed was my belief and nothing more.

But for preachers of religion, there IS no middle line. They claim to KNOW truth ... no ifs, ands, or buts.

Their attitudes ARE ... "MY sermons are based on UNIVERSAL TRUTH ... PERIOD!

That haughty attitude is based on nothing BUT ego!

Prince George, Canada

#554090 Aug 11, 2014
I wonder if Billy Graham has any nightmares about all the decades he preached that only Christians could be "saved" ... when now he believes that even Muslims will be saved.

According to his updated belief, his old belief was a lie.

Well, he had a whole lot of thrills by admirers when he taught that only Christians could be saved.

He doesn't have those same admirers now. Because he went against their own belief that only Christians will be saved, they now believe he is a false prophet. Before he switched beliefs, they were certain he was a REAL prophet.

Humans are unfortunately very ignorant.

truth

Perth, Australia

#554091 Aug 11, 2014
accuser is always accuser
accusers usual liked assasinated carater for others

who they are
they liked be powerful for ever
o did they are
nooo
they are usual so scare
others can be better

How you call discriminators?
Are you for sure accusers and discriminators is not phobic?
yep

Jesus Christ name above all.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554092 Aug 11, 2014
You liked be bigger then Jesus Christ!
Very sad you can't explain all creation don't you!
Now all believers are foolish!
All churches are wrong!
Why?

Prince George, Canada

#554093 Aug 11, 2014
It takes a cold-hearted human to believe that a god would welcome the self and shut others out as being of no value TO that supposed god.

A VERY cold-hearted "calculating'... "manipulating" human.

Prince George, Canada

#554095 Aug 11, 2014
Devotee of ANY religion ... "Tell me I'm saved and I will be under your spell."

Preacher ... "Okay. You ARE saved."

Devotee ... "AMEN!"
truth

Perth, Australia

#554096 Aug 11, 2014
Did you know any accusers?
Could you recognize on line them?
Why they think they are to much smart?

Prince George, Canada

#554097 Aug 11, 2014
truth wrote:
You liked be bigger then Jesus Christ!
Very sad you can't explain all creation don't you!
Now all believers are foolish!
All churches are wrong!
Why?
You believe that all religions other than Catholicism are of Satan and are evil.

I will tell you WHY you believe that is true. Because you WANT to believe it is true. THAT'S why.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554098 Aug 11, 2014
Why you think people is foolish who believe?

Prince George, Canada

#554099 Aug 11, 2014
We don't believe anything is true that goes against our own system of belief.

And that right there indicates that EGO rules with the attitude of "I'm RIGHT and YOU are WRONG!"

There is no room for discussion with preachers of religion. The ones that are sincere, all believe that no matter what they believe ... they are right.

Prince George, Canada

#554100 Aug 11, 2014
truth wrote:
Did you know any accusers?
Could you recognize on line them?
Why they think they are to much smart?
If you were a Hindu, Krishna's name would be above all.

Your brain has been conditioned to accept ONLY Catholicism. And that was intention of your Catholic theologians. They implanted their dogmas into your brain-cells. And you never questioned that they could be wrong.

You were told that their words would save you from eternal hell, and you willingly believed that they told you the truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554101 Aug 11, 2014
I am no wicket, I don't put people under spell!
I don't think so my church do that!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#554102 Aug 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was still under the spell of religion, I never preached at others that I knew truth. I always admitted that what I believed was my belief and nothing more.
But for preachers of religion, there IS no middle line. They claim to KNOW truth ... no ifs, ands, or buts.
Their attitudes ARE ... "MY sermons are based on UNIVERSAL TRUTH ... PERIOD!
That haughty attitude is based on nothing BUT ego!
~~~

WHEN i POST TO YOU i AM POSTING TO THE DEAD...

for you a waste of time...BUT i post TO WARN OTHERS.

Personally i doubt that you ever were a born again Christian

-----
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
truth

Perth, Australia

#554103 Aug 11, 2014
depend how you call Jesus Christ..
its written
'many many many will come in my name, its not me'..

Prince George, Canada

#554104 Aug 11, 2014
The Catholics and Protestants on this forum, continually insist that each other will go to hell.

You can't draw those to you by continually brow-beating them with such nonsense.

Both sides believe that HEAVEN awaits you and hell awaits the others.

Think about it. You can't convert others of such mindsets to your belief, because they believe that YOU are on the wrong path.

You are deluded to think by threats you can succeed.

Ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 2 min Insults Are Easier 120
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Jedi Mind Master 87,819
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min Peter Ross 408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min WildWeirdWillie 184,648
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Jedi Mind Master 977,162
I. .My Somali husband and the impending second ... (Feb '14) 34 min Sir didi 9
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 53 min Dan sky 12
More from around the web