Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683819 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#554031 Aug 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder if God fiddled with Eve's vagina to see if she actually was "able" to have an orgasm.
It's always best to check out an invention before bragging that it works.
I think it would cause women to seek out sex just as much as men for procreation reasons.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#554032 Aug 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your befuddled prattle changes not the truth:
I used the web site you provided...its a joke...for you to believe that a computer program can determine the author of words that were written several thousand years ago, found on a dug up shard, is absolute stupidity...
And: An author that does not sign his work has a reason not to do so....if a program was available, which it is not, and his name was determined and published as having written the article, that would not be a credit to him...it would do just the opposite....expose him as the author...
Brain damage.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#554033 Aug 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fully aware that you believe that spirituality has no connection with organized religion. But without the religious theology that a God exists to create spirits in humans, there would be no such word as spirituality.
Organized religion came first ... and somewhere along the LINE theologians stated for a fact that the god of religion created not only human spirits but human souls.
If you don't choose to get your ducks in ORDER and stop playing games with your brain ... you will keep running around in the same emotional circles.
Wrong!
Spirituality would have bonded man into religion, meaning man would have sought out fellowship to understand and worship, it would have been and is basically from the beginning and progressed as time went on and cultures changed.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#554034 Aug 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....why does it bother you that all 42,200 groups are very happy with their lives, and all believe one day they will be sitting with god enjoying eternity while your still frustrated that god embraced all of them, and not you......(lol)
It doesn't bother me "one iota"!.....The only reason that I keep bringing it up is that every one of these bible only anti-catholic Protestants continue to bash our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church claiming that Protestantism holds the TRUTH of the true interpretation of the bible and that my response is that "how can" each one of your 42,000+ contradicting denominations ALL claim to possess the ONE and ONLY Truth to interpreting the bible when "none of you" can agree with each other...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554035 Aug 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
your post has NOTHING to do with my post that you are trying to refute.
again. the Bible records paul being in Roma, it does NOT record Peter ever being there, regardless of the stupidity of dust mop claiming that Peter left roma several times when the Christian church was being exploited and executed by the emperor.
THE CHURCH is the Born Again Believers, not a Denomination such as the rcc or ANY other denomination.
why is this actual concept over your head?
Roma has no such distinction recorded in the Bible, and as such, the Vatican was not in whom Paul was talking about. you do know that, don't you? lol, of course not, or you wouldn't be a catholic, one of the lowest forms known to mankind, and similar to what we are now seeing from the muslims. that is how low your church is today and since its formation
I do agree , if they are saying Peter left while Paul asked to be in Rome even in prison..that makes no sense ...the Old Peter did DENY Christ , but I cannot see a spirit infused Peter running to Antioch leaving his flock ...and the whole Babylon is code for Rome is something else I never heard except on this forum....

But then I'm an old lady , poorly catechized ( sounds scary, who learned from a book they deny in one breath or say is horrible ..oh and I'm a liar and idiot ..

And some wonder why I don't use their links.

I use sources I trust and As ancient as I may be can admit I may not have had all the facts,on a rare possibility regarding the pill ..though it serves,a medical purpose for many women with severe problems,

and used with other methods is still preferable to an ABORTIon.which DEFINITELY KILLS BABIES.........as in most cases there is NO ovulation..but having a barrier is good advice ..to be sure there is no fertilization..

While a few,give excuses or think the Inquisition was a rumor ....and insist they never ever called their Church Roman Catholic ...oh and that we must have had bibles in school , when we DID NOT have them AS BIBLES in our curriculum ....

I'm responding to your post instead of engaging because I'm tired of the name calling .
Peace Preston.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#554036 Aug 10, 2014
Note how the following words give the "impression" that theology, philosophy, and philosophy of religion are all different ... when actually, religion is ALL based on nothing BUT philosophy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity

For about two decades John W. Loftus was a devout evangelical Christian, an ordained minister of the Church of Christ, and an ardent apologist for Christianity. With three degrees-in philosophy, theology, and philosophy of religion-he was adept at using rational argumentation to defend the faith.

http://www.amazon.ca/Why-Became-Atheist-Preac...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#554037 Aug 10, 2014
Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity

In conclusion, he describes the implications of life without belief in God, some liberating, some sobering. This frank critique of Christian belief from a former insider will interest freethinkers as well as anyone with doubts about the claims of religion.

http://www.amazon.ca/Why-Became-Atheist-Preac ...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#554038 Aug 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me "one iota"!.....The only reason that I keep bringing it up is that every one of these bible only anti-catholic Protestants continue to bash our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church claiming that Protestantism holds the TRUTH of the true interpretation of the bible and that my response is that "how can" each one of your 42,000+ contradicting denominations ALL claim to possess the ONE and ONLY Truth to interpreting the bible when "none of you" can agree with each other...
..if your going to keep insulting, they will continue "questioning"....... ..no one is bashing anyone.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554039 Aug 10, 2014
Bible Verse of the Day

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:1-2 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Read the Scripture: Jeremiah 12:1-17

close

How long will the land lie parched and the grass in every field be withered?...“If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?” Jeremiah 12:4a-5

Jeremiah cries out to God with some troubled questions on his mind. These are the standard questions people ask when things begin to go wrong in an individual life, or in the life of a community, or a nation. I heard recently that a very well-known and well-liked high school girl disappeared mysteriously a few days before, and no one knew where she was. All her high school friends were praying for her. She was a Christian, and they were sure that God would protect her. But word came that her body had been found. She had been abused and killed. These young people were stunned, and they were asking the same question:“Why? If there's a God of love and power, why couldn't he have done something about it? If he is a God of power, he could act. If he is a God of love, he would want to act. Why does he sit there and let things like this happen?” That is one of the great questions thrown at our faith. It is for this very reason that Jeremiah was crying out to God.

God's response is very interesting. In essence, God says,“Jeremiah, what are you going to do when it gets worse? If these kinds of things throw you, if your faith is challenged and you are upset and you cry out to me and ask these questions, what are you going to do when it gets very much worse? Then where are you going to turn? What are you going to stand on then? If you have been running with the men on foot and have gotten tired, then what are you going to do when you have to run against horses? And if in running through the open prairie you fall down, what are you going to do when you have to struggle through a hot, sweaty jungle, whose thick growth impedes your progress in every way?” These are searching questions, are they not?

We know that Jesus said that, as we near the end, there will come earthquakes and famines and wars, with nation rising up against nation, and that frightening things in the sea — the roaring of the waves — would make men afraid. And he called all this “the beginnings of sorrow”— merely the beginnings of sorrow. God's question to Jeremiah — and to us — is,“Now, if faith grows cold and faint and weak in the midst of the pressures of today, what are you going to do when it gets worse? How will you compete with horses, when you give in against men on foot?”

Well, Jeremiah expected God to lift the burden. I think most of us are due for a shock in our Christian lives when we reach that stage in Christian development in which we expect God constantly to work out our problems on easy terms ... and then one day he doesn't do it! That is always a shocking time to us, but that is where Jeremiah is right now. God does not say,“Don't worry, Jeremiah, I'll work out your problems. I'll take care of everything. You won't have any more strain. Go right back to work.” He says,“Jeremiah, it's going to get worse, a lot worse; what are you going to do then?”

Lord, grant me the strength I need to be prepared for whatever may come my way. I know I don't have the strength within myself to endure, but you can strengthen me to even manage in the thickets by the Jordan.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#554040 Aug 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..if your going to keep insulting, they will continue "questioning"....... ..no one is bashing anyone.
Michael --- you have been spreading anti-catholic distortions. exaggerations, and twisted comments against the Catholic Church for so long a time that you don't even recognize "your own" bashing, attacking and vindictive insults that have become a " daily habit" with you .....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#554041 Aug 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults have come directly from you as well as every bible only fundamentalist. Atheist and agnostic that has come on this forum ------with a predetermined anti-catholic agenda

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#554042 Aug 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, thief.
Now please provide a permalink to me claiming any site could do such rather than providing a link to a site to show you how to cite anonymous sources.
This is the desperation of a cornered liar and thief.
Folks, never take anything this fool posts seriously.
Yes I can....you have lied on 99% of your posts.....the last one being this miracle site you said could determine who wrote, as an example "Fall seven times and stand up eight"...an old Chinese saying....

Location hidden

#554043 Aug 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
Your babbling changes not one iota of truth in my post:

I used the web site you provided...its a joke...for you to believe that a computer program can determine the author of words that were written several thousand years ago, found on a dug up shard, is absolute stupidity...

And: An author that does not sign his work has a reason not to do so....if a program was available, which it is not, and his name was determined and published as having written the article, that would not be a credit to him...it would do just the opposite....expose him as the author...
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#554044 Aug 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Vast majority of catholic women use the pill, and approved by boyfriends and husbands.
....Vast majority.
...a church in chaos and loss of control!
Chaos, confusion and contradiction comes from people like you and other rebellious non-Catholics who have defiantly chose to "reject the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#554045 Aug 10, 2014
The Son of Man hath power on earth to forgive sins."—Matthew 9:6.

EHOLD one of the great Physician's mightiest arts: He has power to forgive sin! While here He lived below, before the ransom had been paid, before the blood had been literally sprinkled on the mercy-seat, He had power to forgive sin. Hath He not power to do it now that He hath died? What power must dwell in Him who to the utmost farthing has faithfully discharged the debts of His people! He has boundless power now that He has finished transgression and made an end of sin. If ye doubt it, see Him rising from the dead! behold Him in ascending splendour raised to the right hand of God! Hear Him pleading before the eternal Father, pointing to His wounds, urging the merit of His sacred passion! What power to forgive is here! "He hath ascended on high, and received gifts for men." "He is exalted on high to give repentance and remission of sins." The most crimson sins are removed by the crimson of His blood. At this moment, dear reader, whatever thy sinfulness, Christ has power to pardon, power to pardon thee, and millions such as thou art. A word will speak it. He has nothing more to do to win thy pardon; all the atoning work is done. He can, in answer to thy tears, forgive thy sins today, and make thee know it. He can breathe into thy soul at this very moment a peace with God which passeth all understanding, which shall spring from perfect remission of thy manifold iniquities. Dost thou believe that? I trust thou believest it. Mayst thou experience now the power of Jesus to forgive sin! Waste no time in applying to the Physician of souls, but hasten to Him with words like these:—

"Jesus! Master! hear my cry;
Save me, heal me with a word;
Fainting at Thy feet I lie,
Thou my whisper'd plaint hast heard

Location hidden

#554046 Aug 10, 2014
guest wrote:
Take out ALL Pagan practices, and the Catholic church completely falls apart!
Read about paganism within Catholic doctrine:
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end...
-
Sun Worship
Sun worship, an ancient practice across the globe, has been maintained in the traditions of Roman Catholicism.
Sun Worship Symbols The Mother-Son Sun Worship System
-
The image of Mary standing in a crescent moon. She is surrounded by 12 stars in this picture showing that Catholics believe Mary to be the woman of Revelation 12. Holy Mother Mary Online.
-
Paganism and Mary
Catholicism has declared Mary the sinless queen of heaven. This is not Biblical doctrine, but instead reflects pagan goddess worship.
The Worship of Mary
-
The Pagan Origins of Mass
Mass, one of the key traditions in Roman Catholicism, has components of sun worship rather than Christ-worship.
Source: Wikimedia Commons.
-
Paganism and the Priesthood
The Church needs leaders, and Scripture is clear about the nature of godly leadership. Unfortunately, Catholicism has chosen pagan practices over Biblical truth when it comes to the priesthood.
Painting of Saint Peter by Peter Paul Rubens
-
Who is the Rock on which Jesus said He would build His Church?
When Jesus said, "That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church," He was referring to Peter's confession about Christ - not Peter himself.
-
The sun chariot of Sûrya. Indian miniature painting. Mewar school, eighteenth century. Madanjeet Singh, The Sun in Myth and Art (London: UNESCO, 1993): 107.
-
Pagan/Catholic Religious Festivals
Some pagan feasts and rituals have been kept alive in the form of Catholic holidays.
Paganism and Easter
-
The papal title Pontifex Maximus on the floor in St. Peter's basilica in the Vatican. This name was used by Babylon priests in Pergamum, then passed on to pagan Roman emperors. Once declined by the Christian emperor Gratian, the title was taken by the Bishop of Rome. Notice also the fleur-de-lis, which represents the union of male and female deities, the split tail, which represents the fish god Dagon, and the winged lion, which is the Bible's symbol for Babylon.Copyright Amazing Discoveries.
-
The Title Pontifex Maximus
The title Pontifex Maximus began as a name for ancient pagan rulers, but has since been adopted by the Papacy.
Source:Flickr.
-
Paganism in our Culture
Sports, card games, and even the way we organize our calendar all stem from ancient pagan rites.
Paganism and the Olympics
-
Hindu deity with mantra beads.Source: Chocolate Media Online.
-
Paganism: Comparing Catholicism and Hinduism
Catholicism can be compared to the paganism in other religions, and similarities are noticeable.
Citing this web site does not give credit to the author who wrote the info you posted: http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end ...

No web site as ever, on its own, authored one thing. The guy who originated the info is: Daniel William O'Connor
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#554047 Aug 10, 2014
Transgender priest Rachel Mann made minor canon at Manchester Cathedral:'God did not reject me,' she says

Canon Rachel Mann, 44, said she believed a shift was currently taking place in the area of sexuality in the same way it did on slavery two centuries ago.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/transge...

Location hidden

#554048 Aug 10, 2014
LTM wrote:
The Son of Man hath power on earth to forgive sins."—Matthew 9:6.
EHOLD one of the great Physician's mightiest arts: He has power to forgive sin! While here He lived below, before the ransom had been paid, before the blood had been literally sprinkled on the mercy-seat, He had power to forgive sin. Hath He not power to do it now that He hath died? What power must dwell in Him who to the utmost farthing has faithfully discharged the debts of His people! He has boundless power now that He has finished transgression and made an end of sin. If ye doubt it, see Him rising from the dead! behold Him in ascending splendour raised to the right hand of God! Hear Him pleading before the eternal Father, pointing to His wounds, urging the merit of His sacred passion! What power to forgive is here! "He hath ascended on high, and received gifts for men." "He is exalted on high to give repentance and remission of sins." The most crimson sins are removed by the crimson of His blood. At this moment, dear reader, whatever thy sinfulness, Christ has power to pardon, power to pardon thee, and millions such as thou art. A word will speak it. He has nothing more to do to win thy pardon; all the atoning work is done. He can, in answer to thy tears, forgive thy sins today, and make thee know it. He can breathe into thy soul at this very moment a peace with God which passeth all understanding, which shall spring from perfect remission of thy manifold iniquities. Dost thou believe that? I trust thou believest it. Mayst thou experience now the power of Jesus to forgive sin! Waste no time in applying to the Physician of souls, but hasten to Him with words like these:—
"Jesus! Master! hear my cry;
Save me, heal me with a word;
Fainting at Thy feet I lie,
Thou my whisper'd plaint hast heard
Well of course!!!! He, while the incarnate Son of God, was equal to God!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#554049 Aug 10, 2014
Of Course the Catholic church is the first Catholic church.

Who in their right mind would argue with that issue?

It's comparable to stating that the first Protestant church is the first Protestant church.

None of those arguments have anything in common with universal truth.

To know universal truth was the brag of all theologians since the word came into male-created human language.

Before that word theologian existed, men simply philosophized about the word universal truth.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#554050 Aug 10, 2014
The False Prophet will come from the Vatican....headquarters of Catholic gays and pedophiles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min swampmudd 16,490
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 47 min Doctor REALITY 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 6 hr andet1987 23
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 7 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 11 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 11 hr Doctor REALITY 8
More from around the web