Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668054 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#553863 Aug 9, 2014
ho="USA25-305rn"] <quoted text>
and Are you saying the Roman Inquistion didn't happen or, that it was justified
Every religion has an inquisitive method in place to weed out heresy. And yeah, it is Biblical:
"If any among you, within the towns the Lord has given you, a man or woman who does evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgression his covenant, and has gone and served other gods,.........then you shall inquire dillegently."
Deuteronomy 17:2-5

Your info on the Inquisitions is outdated, im sure. I told you..... throw away those anti Catholic propaganda pamphlets and seek truth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#553864 Aug 9, 2014
The RCC refer to themselves as the Universal church but Christ never stated that His Church would be universal.

That little ignored fact speaks volumes and shed great light on the RCC deceptive attempt to usurpthe church that Christ started.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#553865 Aug 9, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope there's an afterlife, but the real truth is nobody knows.
You must not be Christian because every Christian understands Jesus Christ demonstrated afterlife several times, even once to an audience of over 500 people.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#553866 Aug 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
The RCC refer to themselves as the Universal church but Christ never stated that His Church would be universal.
That little ignored fact speaks volumes and shed great light on the RCC deceptive attempt to usurpthe church that Christ started.
Tony, Tony, Tony.....There is no "little ignored fact speaks volumes and shed great light on the RCC deceptive attempt ".
YOU are just ignorant.

The word “catholic” means “universal,” in the sense of “according to the totality” or “in keeping with the whole.”

The Church is catholic in a double sense:
First, the Church is catholic because Christ is present in her.
“Where there is Christ Jesus, there is the Catholic Church.”
( St. Ignatius of Antioch, Ad Smyrn. 8, 2: Apostolic Fathers, II/2, 311)

In her subsists the fullness of Christ’s body united with its head; this implies that she receives from him “the fullness of the means of salvation” which he has willed: correct and complete confession of faith, full sacramental life, and ordained ministry in apostolic succession.
The Church was, in this fundamental sense, catholic on the day of Pentecost and will always be so until the day of the Parousia.
(Eph 1:22-23)

Secondly, the Church is catholic because she has been sent out by Christ on a mission to the whole of the human race:
(Mt 28:19)

“At all times and in every race, anyone who fears God and does what is right has been acceptable to him.
He has, however, willed to make men holy and save them, not as individuals without any bond or link between them, but rather to make them into a people who might acknowledge him and serve him in holiness. He therefore chose the Israelite race to be his own people and established a covenant with it.
He gradually instructed this people....

All these things, however, happened as a preparation for and figure of that new and perfect covenant which was to be ratified in Christ... the New Covenant in his blood; he called together a race made up of Jews and Gentiles which would be one, not according to the flesh, but in the Spirit.”
Acts 10:35; 1 Cor 11:25.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#553867 Aug 9, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not be Christian because every Christian understands Jesus Christ demonstrated afterlife several times, even once to an audience of over 500 people.
Okay. I'm about to get kinda technical here.
Define "AFTERLIFE". I ask this because I don't understand why people say AFTERLIFE. There is no such thing as "afterlife" for a Christian given that a Christian never dies. They simply when the flesh gives up ,immediately transition into those immortal bodies without ever experiencing death. So what is meant by "afterlife"?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#553868 Aug 9, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony.....There is no "little ignored fact speaks volumes and shed great light on the RCC deceptive attempt ".
YOU are just ignorant.
The word “catholic” means “universal,” in the sense of “according to the totality” or “in keeping with the whole.”
The Church is catholic in a double sense:
First, the Church is catholic because Christ is present in her.
“Where there is Christ Jesus, there is the Catholic Church.”
( St. Ignatius of Antioch, Ad Smyrn. 8, 2: Apostolic Fathers, II/2, 311)
In her subsists the fullness of Christ’s body united with its head; this implies that she receives from him “the fullness of the means of salvation” which he has willed: correct and complete confession of faith, full sacramental life, and ordained ministry in apostolic succession.
The Church was, in this fundamental sense, catholic on the day of Pentecost and will always be so until the day of the Parousia.
(Eph 1:22-23)
Secondly, the Church is catholic because she has been sent out by Christ on a mission to the whole of the human race:
(Mt 28:19)
“At all times and in every race, anyone who fears God and does what is right has been acceptable to him.
He has, however, willed to make men holy and save them, not as individuals without any bond or link between them, but rather to make them into a people who might acknowledge him and serve him in holiness. He therefore chose the Israelite race to be his own people and established a covenant with it.
He gradually instructed this people....
All these things, however, happened as a preparation for and figure of that new and perfect covenant which was to be ratified in Christ... the New Covenant in his blood; he called together a race made up of Jews and Gentiles which would be one, not according to the flesh, but in the Spirit.”
Acts 10:35; 1 Cor 11:25.
Are you not aware that Satan has been winning souls ....to Satan...in the name of Christ. The RCC is one of his best weapons to accomplish this feat. Christ stated that the very gates of hell would not prevail against His church. The RCC are the gates of hell.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#553869 Aug 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I'm about to get kinda technical here.
Define "AFTERLIFE". I ask this because I don't understand why people say AFTERLIFE. There is no such thing as "afterlife" for a Christian given that a Christian never dies. They simply when the flesh gives up ,immediately transition into those immortal bodies without ever experiencing death. So what is meant by "afterlife"?
No problem my friend.

The proper Christian definition of afterlife would be Life after the death of one's human body, that the human soul will survive death, continuing in the possession of an endless conscious existence.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#553870 Aug 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not aware that Satan has been winning souls ....to Satan...in the name of Christ.
It is written, I am aware.
Tony17 wrote:
The RCC is one of his best weapons to accomplish this feat. Christ stated that the very gates of hell would not prevail against His church. The RCC are the gates of hell.
You are misguided again, Tony.
The Church is sieging the gates of hell,...and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Walk away from those false teachings that lead you on satan's path.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553871 Aug 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......just because a number of people believe something, doesn't prove its true.
.....not one writing from 4bce to 30ad about a man named Jesus. Nothing by anyone about miraculous virgin birth, nothing about king herod slaughtering male infants, nothing about Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles,,miracles, or crucifixion, or resurrection.
......during this era were several Jewish/roman writers, scribes, philosophers, statesmen, and government officials, no one thought this man important enough to write about, yet the scriptures claim he had follower status in judea like the Beatles had in america in the 1960s.
.....something is wrong!
Many unamed people,were,crucified..the,Jew s,AND ROMANS did not believe in the,Resurrection. Why would they write,about it ..

How do you know,what writings,were destroyed in Judea,in the,fall of Jerusalem .or destroyed by the Emperors , Jews, zealots persecuting the,Christians,...those,who believed wrote..to each other and for posterity ..it's,God's,hand,that preserved,what we,have .
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553872 Aug 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
He called them what they were....you are a lying snake,...that what I call you...
Except you can't provide a single lie.

So what does that make you?

That's right. A liar.

Thief.

United States

#553873 Aug 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
I think you're either very confused or just another internet troll who hates the Catholic Church and thinks whatever you claim has to be proven wrong even though you can't back up any of your claims by a respected source.
You keep repeating Christians killing Christians in the first century. What is your source for this?you need a link for that too dolt?
-
-
USA Born wrote:
I think you're just a judgemental old hag whose perfection is above reproach.
I admit I know little about the inner workings of the RCC. I have become interested and have much to learn. I do not hate catholics or any person here. I disagree with the popes assertion that the RCC is the only true church.
If you don't like wiki, give me a source that proves me wrong.
Like I said before, it doesn't take away from the bloody, murderous history of your RCC. Do you need a link for that too dolt?
-
-
This is such an excellent post from you, USA Born.
-
Sadly, the truth is, Catholics don't like Wiki because it records all their misdeeds. I had this discussion with them before, and challenged them to go in and change whatever is found to be inaccurate - as it is Wiki's policy to allow the community itself to edit inaccuracies found there.:: Contrast that with the Catholic Church who tells lies and expects their followers to just believe them without question.
-
It's much like the modern day struggle of the Israelis vs. the Palestinians.
The lie has been told so often that everyone, even the media, believe that Israel has continually attacked the Palestinians unprovoked.
-
The VICTIM becomes the 'aggressor' with this sort of propaganda running rampant and being believed by much of the world. But, this is "war' on evil to the Muslim when they are slaughtering 'infidels'. Just like it was 'war' on evil to the Catholic when they were slaughtering heretics.
-
Again, I say, the Arabs learned it all by watching the Catholics. And now HELL has indeed PREVAILED on the earth.
-
I have said this before: Catholics like to say that hell shall not prevail against the Catholic Church.... But, quite frankly, they opened the door to hell and walked right in.
-
There is no way that Christ would allow torture and murder to be a means of winning converts to the faith. And I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why the Catholic does not understand that.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553874 Aug 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your web site is bunk....This is all I get in an effort to have it produce the unknown authors regards my posts..."did not match any documents"..
Neither I, nor you, can credit an author that is unknown...pure logic...
You're responding to the wrong post, dimwit.

But no. Purdue University is a fine institution, and their website is dead on.

Now what's a person do to? Listen to the advice of the folks at Purdue or listen to a proven thief?

Easy call, eh, thief?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553875 Aug 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I stated in my post "These words originated from me,..."...lying snake...
I don't have to, thief.

Now show me a quality source that requires those words for plagiarism to attach.

Thief.

United States

#553876 Aug 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
And youshould have kept reading.
Ignatius of Antioch (Ancient Greek: &#7992;&#947;&#957 ;&#940;&#964;&#953 ;&#959;&#962; &#7944;&#957;&#964 ;&#953;&#959;&#967 ;&#949;&#943;&#945 ;&#962;, also known as Theophorus from Greek &#920;&#949;&#959; &#966;&#972;&#961; &#959;&#962; "God-bearer")((c. 35 or 50)-(from 98 to 117))[1] was among the Apostolic Fathers, was the third Bishop of Antioch, and was a student of John the Apostle
En route to Rome, where according to Christian tradition he met his martyrdom by being fed to wild beasts, he wrote a series of letters which have been preserved as an example of very early Christian theology. Important topics addressed in these letters include ecclesiology, the sacraments, and the role of bishops
http://www.ask.com/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch ...
"Christian tradition" does not equal truth.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The Bible - because of the way it developed thru the Church - is tradition. I wonder what, if anything, will change your mind. It seems we can show you writing after writing from the early Church and you'll follow up one after the other with: "nope, nope, roman Catholic forgery, nope, didnt happen. I swear if Jesus Christ Himself told you the Eucharist is His flesh, you'd pull out your Bible and correct Him.
-
-
You swear, Liam??
-
Jesus Christ himself DID tell you to, "Call No Man Your Father" - at Matt 23:9 - this is the verse that hit me upside the head and made me realize the RCC is not the true Christian faith.
sadly, you don't believe Jesus. How much more plain can he be than that?
You put your trust in the pope, instead.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553877 Aug 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect example why I call you lying snake...
Here is what I said:
Last chance...
Show me the source (the author...originator) of:
Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to demonstrate to their children God's pattern for marriage. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline, to make choices based on biblical truth. Children are to honor and obey their parents..
Neither you, nor I, can cite a source we do not know....pure logic....which shows the stupidity in your ridiculous false accusations...
See?

I told you I'd have another chance.

Now, if you have questions about how to cite a source with multiple authors or anonymous authors, talk to the folks at Purdue University:

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/5...

Thief.

United States

#553878 Aug 10, 2014
yon wrote:
So why weren't those epistles in the Bible Canon?
-
-
Liam wrote:
Because the Church ultimately didn't consider them inspired. Look, the Bible didn't come with a list. Chapters and verses didn't even appear until the Catholic Church broke it down as such. Do you agree with how they did that?
-
-
once again it needs to be said, the Catholic church did not decide which books belong in the Bible.
-
Holy Spirit did. The Catholic church simply had possession of the Christian writings and letters. So the HS had to 'use' who had control of them.
-
The RCC took possession of them as if they owned them. But they did not. The Christian's writings belonged to the entire world population.
-
The Bible, itself, DOES SAY that: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"
http://biblehub.com/2_timothy/3-16.htm
But Catholics ignore that, too.
-
Please, Liam, where does the Bible say the the Pope is infallible?
-
It doesn't. Only the POPES have ever said that.

United States

#553879 Aug 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Church ultimately didn't consider them inspired. Look, the Bible didn't come with a list. Chapters and verses didn't even appear until the Catholic Church broke it down as such. Do you agree with how they did that?
]
-
-
again
The "church" didn't NEED to consider them inspired or not ....
a troop of monkeys could have done what the 'church' did if that is all Holy Spirit had to work with.
HOLY Spirit determined canon. NOT the RCC.

United States

#553880 Aug 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
....first, I think you would jump if pope Francis snapped his fingers at you.(lol)
...So,.if you believe this pope is number 265 or so in line after god appointed st peter, yet you claim the pope has little authority in the church.
...according to you...pope Francis is king of the castle and that's about it.
-
-
Liam wrote:
I probably would jump. Lol. The pope can't invent doctrines and dogma. He doest thumb thru the Scriptures like an American pastor, looking for new revelations from God. He has to abide by the Church too. This means the Church in century one, two and now. These protestant pastors hated the Papacy, yet among their inner circles, they bestowed more authority upon themselves. If it comes down to a critical decision on faith and morals, u can bet your behind that humble Liam will obey Francis. As Christ's prime minister, the Bishop of Rome will not error when sitting in the chair of Peter.
-
-
YES! You WOULD jump for the pope, but not for Christ. Very sad.
-
Christ Jesus EXPLICITLY said at Matthew 23:9 "Call NO Man Father."
-
but the 'POPE' insists you call him 'father' and so you do.
-
The pope's influence weighs more heavily for you than does Jesus, doesn't it, Liam?
-
As Christ's "prime minister" the popes sure are - and have been throughout all of history - royally screwing things up, aren't they?
Nobody in their right mind would believe that a PRIME MINISTER can be so far off the mark from the one true church as to believe that Christ would sanction torture and murder.
-
If THAT is the case, your so-called 'prime ministers' are total losers.
GOOD thing about Prime Ministers .... when they royally screw up ... they can be fired.
They LOSE their position as prime minister and another is set in their place.
-
only thing is ... is Jesus Christ doesn't need a Prime Minister. He left us His Word and the Holy Spirit.(yeah, the Holy Spirit ... the one who determined the Christian Canon.)
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553881 Aug 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Matthew 10:6
but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 15:24
I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

United States

#553882 Aug 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
The Bible - because of the way it developed thru the Church - is tradition. I wonder what, if anything, will change your mind. It seems we can show you writing after writing from the early Church and you'll follow up one after the other with: "nope, nope, roman Catholic forgery, nope, didnt happen. I swear if Jesus Christ Himself told you the Eucharist is His flesh, you'd pull out your Bible and correct Him.
-
-
USA Born wrote:
History and scripture are two different things. There are no writings of Peter being your pope until Irenaeus ( 130 - 202 CE) began writing a hundred years later. The Apostles wrote everything in the first century. The writings of the Apostles were circulating among Christians since their beginning, before and after Irenaeus. The scriptures were not given to any specific organized religion but to the Church Christ was building.
What you can't accept is historical fact. Historical facts do not support the legends and traditions taught by the church. Christ gave His blood and flesh for all, before your traditions and rituals existed.
-
-
Liam: "It seems we can show you writing after writing from the early Church and you'll follow up one after the other"
-
that's because writing after writing form the "Early Church" embraces paganism in all its glory. Indeed, WE can show YOU "pagan rite and ritual" after "pagan rite and ritual" and because the church adopted it as "holy" you believe the church.
-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Peace_Warrior 619,242
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,688
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 30 min Das 87
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Rosa_Winkel 979,535
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 46,048
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web