Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553798 Aug 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly did the Church in Corinth "receive" from the Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 11:24? Just a cute story or a ritual? They received the Mass. You can call it a ritual I guess..
What is your problem with "in remeberance of me"? There was no such thing as mass until the church created it.

I don't get why you can't separate scripture from ritual and tradition.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553799 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your problem with "in remeberance of me"? There was no such thing as mass until the church created it.
Are you going to cite your many sources with "facts" showing the Catholic Church was killing Christians in the first century, or will you retract your accusation?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553800 Aug 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We eat His flesh and drink His blood in the Eucharist. He actually makes it a "requirement" to receive eternal life and to be raised on the last day. Eating crackers and grape juice won't cut it, that's just a ritual.
Still waiting for all those sources you mentioned....
You should have kept reading the first article. You missed this

There is also a history of individual Christian denominations suffering persecution at the hands of other Christians under the charge of heresy, particularly during the 16th century Protestant Reformationas well as throughout the Middle Ages when various Christian groups deemed heretical were persecuted by the Papacy

http://www.historytimeline.org/early/first_er...

If you don't like this one keep looking. The info is readily available.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553801 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no the mass was there from fhe beginning and terms such as remembrance and figure meant to make present. In the passover in Egypt if you did not eat the sacrificial lamb your first born would die. You had to eat the lamb. The unleavened bread is the bread of haste. Be prepared for he may come at any moment. In eating they came in communion with the Lord. You are just like those who stopped following Jesus. It is a hard thing to hear, but with faith you accept what the Lord commanded you to do. Eating the sacrificial lamb on passover was not symbolic geusture it was a requirement. The Lord said you must eat my flesh and yes its spiritual food to nourish you. Paul was not telling them they were getting sick and dying because they were consuming poision bread and bad wine. They were partaking unworthily and and disbelief and therefore bringing judgement upon themselves. Revelation has the sacrificial lamb the perfect siacrtifice. Jesus once and for the many. It is within the Cath9olic church that all through the world the prophecy of Malachi is fulfilled.and prefect sacrifice in an unbloody manner is continually presented to the Father. You may paint a cracker with a lamb and mock the Lord, in the Eucahrist but early Christians believed what the church does today. You think Carnally. The manna fell and was a miracle but Jesus said clearly you must eat my flesh and drink my blood so that you may have eternal life. Jesus was born in the house of bread. He is the lviing bread. His word is true and you do not believe him. The loaves and fishes fed many a precursor and a miracle but you cannot believe that Chrrist will provide spiritual food you must make it carnal .
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553802 Aug 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to cite your many sources with "facts" showing the Catholic Church was killing Christians in the first century, or will you retract your accusation?
I mis-spoke when I said RCC since it didn't exist at the time. The church did prosecute under papal authority in the first century.

Prove me wrong.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553803 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have kept reading the first article. You missed this
There is also a history of individual Christian denominations suffering persecution at the hands of other Christians under the charge of heresy, particularly during the 16th century Protestant Reformationas well as throughout the Middle Ages when various Christian groups deemed heretical were persecuted by the Papacy
http://www.historytimeline.org/early/first_er...
If you don't like this one keep looking. The info is readily available.
This site says nothing about the Catholic Church persecuting Christians in the first century.
You accused the Catholic Church of killing Christians in the first century citing a wiki article (which you obviously didn't read) that said no such thing, and you claimed numerous other sources. If you wish to be taken seriously, I'd ask that you cite those sources.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553804 Aug 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're responsible for citing your sources, thief, not me.
My job here is to make fun of your ignorance and dishonesty.
And you make that job easy.
Thank you for your support.
Responsibility cannot be met when the info required to meet such is not known..hopefully you will see the stupidity in your false accusations...someday...

Have no idea who originated these wise words: Fall seven times and stand up eight.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553805 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I mis-spoke when I said RCC since it didn't exist at the time. The church did prosecute under papal authority in the first century.
Prove me wrong.
You continue to make the accusation but fail to back it up with any source. Should we just take you at your word?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553806 Aug 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This site says nothing about the Catholic Church persecuting Christians in the first century.
You accused the Catholic Church of killing Christians in the first century citing a wiki article (which you obviously didn't read) that said no such thing, and you claimed numerous other sources. If you wish to be taken seriously, I'd ask that you cite those sources.
May we ask for numerous sources from Credible Historians. I love the line in that show where they ask Sheldon what he was doing. Oh, the usual posting false information on wiki. lol
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553807 Aug 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the article does not say the catholic church, just christians killing christians.

Persecution of Christians can be traced historically from the time of Jesus in the first century to the present time.[1] Early Christians were persecuted for their faith at the hands of both Jews from whose religion Christianity arose and the Roman Empire which controlled much of the land across which early Christianity was distributed. Early in the fourth century, the religion was legalized by the Edict of Milan, and it eventually became the State church of the Roman Empire.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553808 Aug 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that "every one" of you anti- catholic who came on this forum ( did so ) for ONE and ONLY ONE purpose.!!!!!!...To bash, hostily attack, verbally abuse and vindictively belittle the faith and salvation of any and all Catholics -------including ----Jesus Christ's One True Apostolic Catholic Church......You Catholic bashers came looking for us to spread your Protestant (man- made) Propaganda!.........We didn't come looking for you!!.....You anti-Catholics have been "dishing out". your false and distorted bible only "man- made" misinterpretation of the bible for over 450 years, since the Reformation-------without being challenged!.......Well my friend, the shoe is now on "the other foot" and we as Catholics are no longer going to sit "passively by" and allow you to attack our Catholic faith, and belittling our Catholic Church by a bunch of your modern day "hack preachers" without responding!.....If you can't take the heat then "get out " of the kitchen!.....
Note: Christendom United And Merged With The Roman Empire. This Was The Real Beginning Of The Roman Catholic Church.
m.l.

It is regrettable that many Catholics have been told that the Christian Church started with the Roman Catholic Church. The fact is that the Roman Catholic Church was not founded until AFTER the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D.

The position of the Bishop of Rome did exist a bit before the Council of Nicea. But it was a very different position, before Constantine and After Constantine.

It is routinely stated that Constantine was supposedly a convert to Christianity. But the facts do not support this - at least not until he was at death's door. According to what Eusebius,(the bishop of Constantine) he wrote that Constantine WANTED to become a Christian but Eusebius talked him out of it, suggesting that he delay until he was on his deathbed.

This is exactly what happened. For all of his life, Constantine was a worshipper of the Sun God Sol Invictus (better known as Mithras/Mitra). Catholics are often told that Constantine was converted by his vision of a cross. But a vision does not save anyone. Charles Manson had visions, did that save him ?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553809 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the article does not say the catholic church, just christians killing christians.
Persecution of Christians can be traced historically from the time of Jesus in the first century to the present time.[1] Early Christians were persecuted for their faith at the hands of both Jews from whose religion Christianity arose and the Roman Empire which controlled much of the land across which early Christianity was distributed. Early in the fourth century, the religion was legalized by the Edict of Milan, and it eventually became the State church of the Roman Empire.
Early Christians were persecuted for their faith at the hands of both Jews from whose religion Christianity arose and the Roman Empire

Can you explain how you get it says Christians were killing Christians and Jews in the first century out of that let alone the Catholic Church? Let me save you time. NO
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553810 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The article doesn't say one word about Christians killing Christians in the first century. The article doesn't say one word about Catholics killing "Christians" in the first century (why would it since thd only Christians in thd early Church were Catholics?).

You keep beating this drum but have nothing to back it up with. Why?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553811 Aug 9, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Early Christians were persecuted for their faith at the hands of both Jews from whose religion Christianity arose and the Roman Empire
Can you explain how you get it says Christians were killing Christians and Jews in the first century out of that let alone the Catholic Church? Let me save you time. NO
You don't want to believe anything negative about Catholics, as that would reflect on your choice of religion to which you choose to belong.

It's a defense mechanism used by all followers of cults.

"We are innocent and YOU are guilty. We are HOLY and you are EVIL."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553812 Aug 9, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the first Christians were persecuted by the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.

The Christians were claiming that the religion of the Jews was evil and vile and offensive to "god."

What would those ex-Jew Christians expect of the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism BUT TO BE persecuted???

Observe how defensive YOU are to anyone DARING to insult your Catholic religion, and then maybe you will WANT to understand why the Jews persecuted those Christians.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553813 Aug 9, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
May we ask for numerous sources from Credible Historians. I love the line in that show where they ask Sheldon what he was doing. Oh, the usual posting false information on wiki. lol
Lol. I think his problem is he doesn't even read the stuff he's posting.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553814 Aug 9, 2014
Christians and Muslims were persecuted by the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism, as the Jews referred to both sects as Atheists.

I believe I understand WHY that occurred. The Jews were taught that the god in the sky loved ONLY them as his chosen few, and they were not going to share THAT limelight with Catholics, any other Gnostic group of Christian devotes ... OR Muslims.

But because Constantine supported the Catholics over the Jews, eventually the Jews lost the battle ... first to the Catholic-Christians, and in later centuries to the Muslims.

Until the Jews attained their first ownership of land as in a state in 1948, they had to keep a very low profile, as they were hated and hunted by both Catholics and Muslims, and later by Martin Luther's ex-Catholic Protestants.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553815 Aug 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Responsibility cannot be met when the info required to meet such is not known..hopefully you will see the stupidity in your false accusations...someday...
Have no idea who originated these wise words: Fall seven times and stand up eight.
Of course it can be met, thief.

If you are confused about it, consult a reliable source for ways to provide proper attribution to texts with multiple or anonymous authors:

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/5...

You're dumber than a bag of beans, boy.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#553816 Aug 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
...didn't you tell all the posters just the other day that you will not be posting again for weeks?

...Do you not practice what you preach?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553817 Aug 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again It could be dementia, a severe lack of comprehension or perhaps he went to Harvard in Bug Tussel clear up the 3rd grade as Jethro from the Beverly Hilllbillies is the only one to make to the 4th. Mr Drysdale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Richard The Lion... 79,737
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,536
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 3 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 3 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752