Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683628 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#553665 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny your are in your garb of Gnostic "secret" knowledge.
If it's a secret ... you can't know it any more than can others ... unless of course you are SPECIAL and have been given messages in secret that others can't hear or know.
WOW! You have a high opinion of your self.
If you were to examine any of my posts - I've not once - stated that it is secret. That would be the Catholics and Protestants placing a label on information and knowledge that has always been in plain view for them to read. Plato for one was around alot earlier than Jesus. Hindu texts - same thing.

There is no secret......oh wait....it is....to the followers of Christianity there is....BECAUSE....their leaders refuse to show and explain them to those followers. SO sort of - it is a secret to those people.

Event the Gnostic gospels have been around to the public since the 70s....so that is no secret.

Again - there isn't any secret....people just like to label things in this way, to scare others.

Fear - a very visible aspect of Christianity to keep their followers enveloped in that belief.
Nurse Matunka of Katmandu

Baltimore, MD

#553666 Aug 8, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>

Sad.
Old age must be really a burden at 70+ yrs old, huh? I hope I don't get that far from the facts.
try cook 1 lb ow marijuana weeds,eat them on breakfast,for 1 day you will drive cray, but for sure you will be dead before 70 years age,
there is only one sad place for you,your own made room hell made by all your life?
now I see you halucinate a plenty
maybe soon your friends will allow you to live your own shed house own by bank with head first in the coffin made of China cartoon

United States

#553667 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to learn anything new. You are too busy preaching that Jesus and God is on your side of ALL opinions ... no question about it ... from you.
What a shame that even a dog can learn new trick, while you WON'T.
-
-
oh, bit I did learn a new trick
-
I got the hell out of Catolicism
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553668 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You know something - your continuous belittling of others and their beliefs shows the kindergarten age your mentality resides in.
Sad.
You seem to forget that "every one" of you anti- catholic who came on this forum ( did so ) for ONE and ONLY ONE purpose.!!!!!!...To bash, hostily attack, verbally abuse and vindictively belittle the faith and salvation of any and all Catholics -------including ----Jesus Christ's One True Apostolic Catholic Church......You Catholic bashers came looking for us to spread your Protestant (man- made) Propaganda!.........We didn't come looking for you!!.....You anti-Catholics have been "dishing out". your false and distorted bible only "man- made" misinterpretation of the bible for over 450 years, since the Reformation-------without being challenged!.......Well my friend, the shoe is now on "the other foot" and we as Catholics are no longer going to sit "passively by" and allow you to attack our Catholic faith, and belittling our Catholic Church by a bunch of your modern day "hack preachers" without responding!.....If you can't take the heat then "get out " of the kitchen!.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#553669 Aug 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....If you can't take the heat then "get out " of the kitchen!.....
*checks the door*

*looks at you*

*checks the door*

*hands you a rag to wipe your brow*

Getting warm in here, huh?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553670 Aug 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me saying "The following info is originated by me" and then posting info I got from the net...you can't...it never happened...never will...
When denying theft, consider using the active rather than the passive voice.

For further reading consult Strunk and White's The Elements of Style.

Thief.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553671 Aug 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me saying "The following info is originated by me" and then posting info I got from the net...you can't...it never happened...never will...
I call him a lying snake because that is what he is....Christ called people vipers (fyi a viper is a snake)....because that is what they were....
Let me see you reprimand Christ....
Christ was a plagiarist, too?

Thief.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553672 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. The inqusitions never happened? What a dolt.
Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

You bible only "fundies" have a "convenient way" of inserting the word "Catholic" into the book of Revelations (whenever and wherever) it (neatly) fits your anti-Cstholic Protestant propaganda" fictitious and man-made beliefs......Bible only anti-catholic bashers are like St Peter before he has his true conversion to Jesus Christ!......"You---just like Peter---keeping (fishing) and continue to catch NOTHING!........
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553673 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
*checks the door*
*looks at you*
*checks the door*
*hands you a rag to wipe your brow*
Getting warm in here, huh?
You 42,200 contradicting and inconsistent Protestants (bible only's) are the ONLY ones that "perspire and sweat" with each one of your fictitious bible verse "man-made" conflicting self-interpreting doctrines---who have never--nor will ever ---agree on what is the True interpretation........Protesta nts sure know how to "dish out" the attacks on the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) who don't agree with their " man-made"-----make-it- up-as-you-go-----editorialized interpretation of "each bible verse" -------however-----since todaysCatholics are no longer "sitting passively" and putting up with this "fictitious"bible only ----(hot air)---nonsense of yours --- your bible only boat of confusion, chaos and contradiction begins to " sink" faster than the rate of which the Titanic went down!!!!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553674 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't believe "Calvin" was the "true church" either.
Who knows what u believe... judging from your previous barrage of slander propaganda articles, you'll believe anything- so as long as it trashes the Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic Church! And btw, you know nothing about the Catholic Church in Rome. If you knew, you'd be Catholic . Err i should say: if you ALLOWED yourself to know.
Im not doubting that our Scriptures sparked something in your heart, and you became a better man as a result.....but I don't get why u now think your an authority on the Sacred Scriptures; why are YOUR interpretations the 'Word of God'??
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553675 Aug 9, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Here's some Bible history.
-
The Bible states, about Holy Spirit:
http://biblehub.com/niv/hebrews/10.htm
15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”
-
-
Here's your church's history:
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_extirpanda
So, hojo, YOUR Church's spirit is NOT Holy for IT has said the Laws are written by the Pope, and HIS laws were torture and murder heretics!
-
TWO different concepts, here.
-
If I had not read some of the history of the Catholic church AND the Bible and realized the utter contrast of the two ... I would likely still be Catholic.
Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His One a True Catholic Church------from over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History ---AND---the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD "who wrote the bible"-----Who correctly interpreted it--------These 21st century modern day"hack historian" author sources of yours will CONTINUE to "dupe " you bible only's further and further into the doldrums of more and more chaos, confusion, distorting of TRUE Church History , more Protestant Lise and more anti-Catholic deceit!!!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553676 Aug 9, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholics killed Christians and Jews in the first century. Why doesn't historical fact ever fit into your "truth"?
Oh boy. I think your "historical facts" are twisted. Here is what a Catholic and disciple of the Apostle John had to say: "wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid".
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553677 Aug 9, 2014
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
Re: Did the Pope say that God and Allah are the same person?

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553678 Aug 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. I think your "historical facts" are twisted. Here is what a Catholic and disciple of the Apostle John had to say: "wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid". www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
Since Catholics claim to have preserved the Scripture -is there any conflict here between Scripture and Church Father instruction?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553679 Aug 9, 2014
Or is one more authentic than the other?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#553680 Aug 9, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Catholics claim to have preserved the Scripture -is there any conflict here between Scripture and Church Father instruction?

No conflict at all, Yon. They equally flow in harmony. Even though the Church came before the Bible and it took the order of Bishops of the Catholic Church to come up with the list of Books for the Bible, the Sacred Scriptures are just as important as Sacred tradition.
But lets keep it real, the Bible doesn't interpret itself. So no matter what, for protestants, JW'S, and all other sects in between, It STILL comes down to your interpretations. If it don't jive with what the Apostles verbally communicated, then its not the word of God, it's 'the word of Yon'.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553681 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't preach to anyone - unless you think asking questions and asking others to support their belief is preaching.
In your more honest moments, you have admitted that you didn't know if Jesus even existed.

Then, in your following posts, when preaching at the Catholics and Protestants about what THEY believe, you insist that they don't know what Jesus said and that you DO know what he said.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553682 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I've also suggested to you directly - that you only left religion about 5 years ago. You refused to admit this truth, even when you have expressly stated it yourself .
I've never disagreed with you or anyone else about when I left religion.

I'm 75, and I left the last remnants of religion behind when I was 70.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553683 Aug 9, 2014
You say there is harmony and the church came before the Bible, why then weren't the words of the Church Fathers and Sacred Tradition considered Scripture before anything written and now called New Testament? Show us the harmony please between the Sacred Tradition instruction on Baptism and Scripture.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553684 Aug 9, 2014
jw's also have to have permission to be baptized after extensive training and permission from the elder body(bishops) after a final 80 question oral exam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Squirrel Pot Pie 15,658
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 3 min Dave Matthews 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 983,078
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 41 min BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 51 min REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 1 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 2 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web