Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,061
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553117 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right!.........
and the Orthodox church does not? Think carefully before you answer...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553118 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Catholics have the "fullness" of the faith ... does that mean (from your perspective) that people in other religions don't HAVE fullness of faith ... or do you believe that they are not full of the RIGHT type of faith???
all of the above lol

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#553119 Aug 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> hey back at ya....hows it going? lol
As you can see,not much has,changed ....sigh

Judging icons,abound ..cannot imagine who would do such a thing ...lol.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553120 Aug 5, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June thinks that means,He,is,mean, but says He doesn't exist ........
You misquoted me.

I don't believe a creator would WANT to be accused of existing to create such a horrible mess of suffering of all forms of life.

I know I wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of having a part in such a vicious plan.

If I saw a starving baby and with my magic wand could stop his/her suffering, I would wave that wand immediately.

Even prayer doesn't end suffering ... so that indicates to me that there isn't anybody HOME up there in the sky.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553121 Aug 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Catholics have the "fullness" of the faith ... does that mean (from your perspective) that people in other religions don't HAVE fullness of faith ... or do you believe that they are not full of the RIGHT type of faith???
Protestants defiantly and rebelliously ----------"rejected" -------- the fullness of the FAITH, the fullness of the TRUTH and over abundant "pouring out" of Gods Grace ( over 450 years ago at the Reformation) that HE gave to those who worship, followed and adhere to HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church....This is "exactly why" Protestants are considered to be half-truth half -heresy) Christians.(At best).........People in other religions do not possess the fullness of the faith or the fullness of the Truth (either) because the have "rejected . Are oblivious to, or will not acknowledge" Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the Crucified and Resurrected Savior of the world.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553122 Aug 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> and the Orthodox church does not? Think carefully before you answer...
You're close!.....
Sherlayne

United States

#553123 Aug 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagan Rome did have "gods."
Christian Catholic Rome DOES NOT have false gods.
We have only ONE TRUE GOD.
No, but you did say the statue had "horns" that was the statue by Michelangelo, Moses!
I hope there's an afterlife, but the real truth is nobody knows.

Prince George, Canada

#553124 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants defiantly and rebelliously ----------"rejected" -------- the fullness of the FAITH, the fullness of the TRUTH
You and Robert F both left the Protestant religion because you believe it did NOT offer you salvation as does Roman Catholicism.

Why are you arguing with me ... when I'm agreeing that your opinion of your Catholic self is based on the superior attitude that Jesus and God favor ONLY Catholics and that from your perception, Catholics cornered the market on universal truth?

And the same is true in the reverse. Catholics left the Catholic religion, in the certainty that the Protestant religion ONLY would offer them salvation. The devout ones believe that THEY have the fullness of faith that is aligned to the "mentality" of Jesus AND God.

I believe you are all deluded by your lusts to believe that your personalized theologians fed you universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#553125 Aug 6, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope there's an afterlife, but the real truth is nobody knows.
I believe that it's natural to want to believe that awareness (as we comprehend awareness) will continue after death of the cells in physical bodies.

We want to survive as do all other animals. But other animals probably don't think of an afterlife as part of their plan. They simply live in the present in the hopes that something bigger than them doesn't eat them.

Yet, it's often the tiny animals that can take down a big animal, such as when a moose dies from mange. It doesn't have a clue why it feels sick ... because the moose has not the ability to know any science. It can't for instance study parasites.

Humans are just wise enough to feel fear that life just might end with the end of the physical human body. The moose will die accepting its fate ... because it has no religion.

Prince George, Canada

#553126 Aug 6, 2014
When people become full of their own supposed wisdom, it follows that they will ultimately, when interviewed again and again as being brilliant, become stupefied by ego.

I often watch interviews with Judge Judy, as she (in her own way) is one "fortunate" Jew. I want to learn more about her thought process to see if I can spot her blind spots.

She claims that politicians of this era are "mediocre" and she glorifies some of the statements of Abraham Lincoln as being admirable ideology. However I suggest that she doesn't know that Abraham Lincoln, as did many egotistical whites, thought that the white race was definitely superior to the black race.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Lincoln stated that Negroes had the rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" in the first of the Lincoln-Douglas debates.[15] Publicly, Lincoln said he was against Negro suffrage in his speech in Columbus, Ohio on September 16, 1859.[10]:d
Total equality was another matter. He did not say they had a right to complete equality with white American citizens. In the September 18, 1858 debate, Lincoln said:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_...

Prince George, Canada

#553127 Aug 6, 2014
I suggest that if Judy the Judge was Judy the politician, she would not believe that SHE was a mediocre politician.

Since: Aug 14

Kazakhstan

#553128 Aug 6, 2014
I don't believe these words. Roman Catholic church let gays marry each other and it contradicts Bible. Vatican builds its own church, not Christ's church. RCC has become a tool in the hands of different politicians.

Prince George, Canada

#553129 Aug 6, 2014
TechnoVOIP wrote:
I don't believe these words. Roman Catholic church let gays marry each other and it contradicts Bible. Vatican builds its own church, not Christ's church. RCC has become a tool in the hands of different politicians.
Just as some of the devotees in the Protestant churches first welcomed the idea that Jesus and God were not (after all) against birth control ... some of the people in some of the Protestant churches now believe that Jesus and God (after all) are not against homosexual marriage.

If the Catholic church neglects to keep UP with Protestants ... I suggest that even more Catholics will "become" Protestants.

Martin Luther started the "trend" when he wanted to marry his lovely nun, and the pope would not allow such disobedience to "Jesus and God." Well, Martin showed Jesus and God a thing or two about who ruled the KINGDOM. He said to Jesus and God ... "YOU are now following MY rules!" And Jesus and God obeyed of course, because having no voice of their own, they HAD to obey.

Religion is SILLY!

Prince George, Canada

#553130 Aug 6, 2014
Of course most Catholics simply ignored and still ignore the words of the popes, as they use birth control, and have abortions, and commit crimes against the laws of the land, as do other humans with or without religion.

But they believe that Jesus exists to be a sucker for sin. He just keeps on scrubbing out stains, washing and rinsing as supply demands of him and his expertise.

YEAH ... RIGHT!!!

Prince George, Canada

#553131 Aug 6, 2014
If those in religion had not pounded into our heads that we were born evil sinners ... we would feel a whole lot better about our human condition.

Yes ... the world is a mess ... because WE make it a mess. WE pollute the earth with OUR garbage. WE are selfish. WE are not HOLY. WE should take responsibility for the mess ... and stop pointing at others as the problem.

I'll take responsibility for my share of the mess ... if you take yours.

Prince George, Canada

#553132 Aug 6, 2014
Until you are willing to study the history of your own religion, you will not WANT to see the lies.

Men of the Catholic clergy WERE at one time encouraged to marry.

The fact that written into the Catholic theology was that Peter the first supposed pope was married, ought to be a signal to all Catholics that marriage was not perceived as being a "low" calling, in the supposed "spiritual" sense.

Through the centuries, men in all religions changed the dogmas by their own wills. And today the pope is trying to make radical changes to the dogmas once again to try to keep up with the expectations of some of the more modern-minded Catholics.

It leaves pope Francis in an impossible position, as the Catholics from the old school want to give the "impression" that the theology always was stationary ... the way Jesus and God first "ordained."

What a mess!

Prince George, Canada

#553133 Aug 6, 2014
It was not by chance that the word Chrisna was changed to Chrishna, and finally to Krishna.

Theologians of the Hindu religion messed with that word.

Just the stroke of a pen could set mentalities off in yet another direction of thought.

If you consider that the word Jesus came from the Greek word Ihcuc, and that that "movement" occurred by a stroke of a pen used by a Christian theologian ... you might all the more entertain the new thought worthy of consideration ... "Don't put your trust in the words written by theologians as they all had their own agendas in MIND."
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553134 Aug 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Robert F both left the Protestant religion because you believe it did NOT offer you salvation as does Roman Catholicism.
I don't speak for Robert, however, my reason for becoming Catholic NOT because Protestantism didn't. offer Salvation (because it does)--but because it is the ONLY TRUE Church initiated by Jesus Christ that offers the "fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth" to grow (each and every day) in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ.-------EVERY One of the Protestant bible only 42,000+ divided, separated, contradicting and inconsistent denominations are " man-made, man-invented and man-conflicting with each other beginning with Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, Hus, Wycliffe , down into the 21st century with Confrinting, Oxbow, New Age and (only God knows "who and what is next" to concoct ANOTHER hodge-podge self interesting bible "separated" denomination !!!!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#553135 Aug 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words don't hurt me, as I am not defending a religion where I believe that a god will be hurt if I don't defend his supposed honor.
I'm here to give my experience of how I no longer believe any words written by the men of religion.
Those who want to escape religion will agree with what I write, and those who don't, will not agree. It's as simple as that.
As do you, I have my own agenda.
The nice thing about Catholicism and Orthodoxy is you don't need to be a Bible scholar to figure out Jesus. We can recieve the word of God in the Eucharist. In fact, Jesus calls it the "New Testament". He never once refers to the New Testament as a collection of Books. Even the Apostle Paul calls the New Testament the Eucharist meal. "this chalice is the blood of the new covenant/testament" (1cor 11:24). My point is: even someone as reliant on scholarly work as you, really don't need to be when it comes to receiving the Lord. Jesus didnt require one to be a Bible scholar to figure Him out. The Eucharist is the summit of Christianity.. "The medicine of immortality" according to John's disciple, St. Ignatius. People don't have to take my word for it, when its available every day for themselves.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#553136 Aug 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
yon wrote:
FACT: The vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses were former Catholics.
Why are most Jehovah's Witnesses former Roman Catholics?
Roman Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses share exactly these same qualities:(26 Total)
http://www.bible.ca/cath-JW-converting.htm

The vast majority? Nonsense. But there still a lot of Jehovah's who were former Catholics. The reason is because too many Catholics don't know their faith. If they did, they could repel the lying JW in a few moments. I do it all the time. Heck, the very beginning of that cult- when they chose a name- was a blunder.
"Jehovah" isn't an actual name. Its a Latin combination of the Hebrew Yahweh and Adonai (Lord). Made up by none other than the Catholic Church when they translated the Bible to Latin. It wasn't changed when the English Bibles began to be printed. Your forefathers had no business trying to interpret Scripture for themselves. Even if Jehovah was his name, there is no way you could pronounce the "J" ..Yet JWs do it all the time.

Catholics who don't know their faith are easy prey. They shove a pamphlet in their face with a bunch of misrepresentations of Catholicism.. then they open up their watchtower bible and show them Mathew 23:9. Then they scare the crap out of the Catholic by showing Bible verses from Revelation. The unsuspecting Catholic is blindsided by the nice- well dressed people. They are pulled away from the only Church started by Jesus; taken away from the Eucharist; holed up in kingdom hall with other clueless people, awaiting the end of the world.
It just proves that ignorance is the main ingredient to be a Catholic.

I wonder what the RCC is going to say for itself at the return of the Messiah when accused of not teaching the Divine Name, Torah's Feast Days, Sabbath, etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min BhuvanS 1,249
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Ghost Writer 2 U 774,089
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Lyndi 175,558
Zekeriyaköy indesit Servisi 2O2 8O OI INDESIT,K... 48 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
Kilyos indesit SERVIS INDESIT 2O2 8O OI Servisi... 53 min hizmetlerimizservis 1
INDESIT BAHCEKÖY indesit 2O2 8O OI indesit SERV... 1 hr hizmetlerimizservis 1
SARIYER INDESIT SERVISI "(" 2O2 8O OI ")" indes... 1 hr hizmetlerimizservis 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 604,842
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Barnsweb 441,758
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr onemale 265,020
More from around the web