Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683939 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553541 Aug 8, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>I do not justify sin committed by anyone, silly, silly woman.
If you were {{{humble}}}... you would say to your self ... "I don't know if I will be saved, because only God knows, so I better stop preaching at others just in case I "presume" too much and cause God to reject me for being so arrogant."

United States

#553542 Aug 8, 2014
USA Born wrote:
Only Catholics know the O.T. now? We both know that Joseph came from the lineage of David. We both know that Christ was not the Son of Joseph. That's where you miss the mark
Please tell us then the Parallel between the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation. Tell us what Jesus meant when He said Moses spoke of Him.
Saying "fundies" don't read the O.T. is a blatant lie. Why is lying so much a part of defending what you hold sacred, the church? Why can't you tell us about the catholics as history records it and not the legend written by the church. Face it, the catholic church murdered Christians and Jews in the FIRST century, the same century you claim Peter began the church.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The dangerous thing about this new fanatic sect is how you all are equally ignorant. Protestants and Catholics are quite diverse. Overall.....we're pretty normal. But people like you and guest are birds of a feather, and you flock together. So what you have is a house filled with paranoid 9/11 conspiracy Christians. That freaks me out. If my Kids turned out like guest, I would absolutely be devastated.
-
-
I don't have a history of knowingly supporting an institution responsible for torturing and murdering heretics .... and you are devastated by that?
-
Typical Common Catholic.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553543 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>Beautiful song! Thanks for that wonderful reminder :)
Wonderful reminder of WHAT??? That you presume Jesus and God will save you for being so arrogant as to believe you are SAVED while others go to hell???

That haughty attitude could have an ALMIGHTY back-LASH!

You refer to it as faith. I refer to it as presumption.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553544 Aug 8, 2014
What is originality? Undetected plagiarism.

Dean Inge
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553545 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I don't have a history of knowingly supporting an institution responsible for torturing and murdering heretics .... and you are devastated by that?
-
Typical Common Catholic.
All of the ancient religions supported the torture and murder of other humans.

Christianity was not worse than the others ... but also not better.

The Pagans burned innocent humans as sorcerers (witches) and offenders of the gods (heretics) as did the Christians, that learned the tactics FROM the Pagans.

You want to pretend you are aligned to holiness ... and that is only a game you play in your own head.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553546 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo: "...anti-Catholics like guest will say "ANYTHING" demeaning and derogatory against our Catholic ...
If you are certain you know who the first Christians were that authorized the new testament, why not come up with something other than they were not Catholics???

You (metaphorically stating)... haven't a solid footing to stand on!

All you want to imply is that the first Christians were holy ... and that YOU follow their lead.

BWAAAGGGHHH!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553547 Aug 8, 2014
It's now easy for Christians in America to pretend they are holy because they no longer kill others as evil heretics.

But right now in Kenya, Christians are taking up arms in order to kill the Muslims that they consider to BE evil heretics.

When push comes to shove religion shows its real intent.

"MY religion is the only one favored by GOD ... PERIOD ... and get THAT through your thick skulls you evil heretics, or I will kill you."

United States

#553548 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
Oh, you are SOOOO selective, Liam, when defending your church.
-
You believe that because Jewish priests wore these colors, that it justifies The Catholic Church's using these same colors.
-
Now tell me, Liam (IF you can)... just WHAT justifies the Catholic Church in copying every PAGAN Rite and Ritual and using Pagan Symbols in their so-called "Christian" worship?
-
The BIBLE which you just quoted to justify your point here, tells you NOT TO DO what the NATIONS do - but THOSE Bible verses are somehow "misinterpreted" and "twisted" by Christians, aren't they, Liam?
-
-
<quoted text>Well stated. Liam will rationalize and justify the actions of the RCC at any and all costs. Same as Hojo and all the other diehard Catholics. They have turned their church into an idol!
-
-
yeah ... funny how a Common Catholic will quote Bible scripture when it supports what they want to do - and yet completely ignore scripture when it calls them out on their blatant error.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553549 Aug 8, 2014
The Greek philosophers used to battle with words concerning the issue of the nature of the gods.

The Jews with their one-god dogma took religion to the extreme by claiming THEY were the one-god's chosen few.

What a downhill TREND, as all members of the new cults fought to be favored as HOLY by the supposed ONE God.

The discussion of religion turned into sadistic wars OVER religion and the lands became soaked with human blood.

Meanwhile all theologians preached of God's LOVE for humans and how humans above all other animals were SPECIAL!

What a shame!

United States

#553550 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
I suggest you do not know what you are talking about. I've told you I am not Protestant and would not join a religion which believe killing heretics or infidels is doing God's work.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you like to pretend that you are aligned to holiness and that is why you distance your self from anything that smacks of EVIL.
That is a silly game played by silly people.
Religion or no religion, humans are cruel.
For instance, if you try to disobey the rules of the Jehovah's Witnesses when in their cults, you find yourself SHUNNED ... big time. Yet they consider their selves to be very HOLY and forgiving and aligned to the perfect will of Jehovah.
I don't believe that any of you are ALL THAT!
Arrogance RULES humans ... period.
-
as you said: "you distance your self from anything that smacks of EVIL."
-
at least I DISTANCE myself from it and if YOU think that makes me silly ... then what does that make you?
Besides a sociopath?... you who revels in (and admits to it) tormenting a woman in mourning?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553551 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
yeah ... funny how a Common Catholic will quote Bible scripture when it supports what they want to do - and yet completely ignore scripture when it calls them out on their blatant error.
You are actually VERY JEALOUS about the idea that the Catholics authorized the new testament.

It comes out in your every post!

WOW!

YOU want to be the author of the bible so YOU can be the one to tell others what it means according to Jesus and GOD. THAT is YOUR problem.

How funny you are in your cloak of supposed wisdom.

United States

#553552 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the ancient religions supported the torture and murder of other humans.
Christianity was not worse than the others ... but also not better.
The Pagans burned innocent humans as sorcerers (witches) and offenders of the gods (heretics) as did the Christians, that learned the tactics FROM the Pagans.
You want to pretend you are aligned to holiness ... and that is only a game you play in your own head.
-
-
True Christians do not support torture and murder and they do not copy pagans.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553555 Aug 8, 2014
The modernized Gnostics want to imply that the ancient Gnostics were "unified" and knew "secret" knowledge that others did not know.

It's human nature to want to believe the self is WISE while others are still dumb.

"Let me be your leader," is the name of the game.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

List of Gnostic sects

Ancient

Christian GnosticismCerdonians Marcionism (not entirely Gnostic) Apelliacos
Lucianists [1]

Colorbasians
Simonians Menandrians [2]

Dositheans (could be offshoot of Simonianism or proto-Gnostic)
Syrian-Egyptic GnosticismBardesanites
Basilidians
Hermeticism
Sethians Valesians

Satornilians [3]
Thomasines (Also called Thomasenes)[citation needed]
Valentianism Heracleonites [4]
Ptolemaeans [5]

Persian GnosticismMandaeanism
Manichaeism Al-Dayhuri's Sect
Albanenses
Astati
Audianism
Shinang's Sect

Sabians (also called Sampsaeans)
OthersAbelonians [6]
Agapetae
Alogians
Angelici [7]
Antitactae
Aquarii
Archontics
Ascodroutes
Barbeliotae
Borborites Coddians (also called Koddians)[8]
Stratiotici
Levitics (Also called Levitici)[9]
Phibionites [10]

Cainites
Carpocratians
Cerinthians Adamites (also called Adamians)
Marcellianas

Cleobians [11]
Docetae
Elcesaites
Encratites Severians
Apotactics (also called Apostolics)

Marcosians
Messalians
Nicolaism
Ophites Naassenes
Perates

Priscillianism
Secundians [12]
Seleucians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gnostic_...

United States

#553556 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are actually VERY JEALOUS about the idea that the Catholics authorized the new testament.
It comes out in your every post!
WOW!
YOU want to be the author of the bible so YOU can be the one to tell others what it means according to Jesus and GOD. THAT is YOUR problem.
How funny you are in your cloak of supposed wisdom.
-
-
The Catholics just so happened to be in possession of the books of the New Testament because they STOLE it and denied others the right to see it.
God *authorized* what eventually came to be Canon of the New Testament - no-one else.
and NO!...I don't want to be the *author* of the Bible. That's God's job and I am not qualified and besides ... it's already been around for centuries longer than I have. What a completely stupid statement for you to make.
-
and YOU? YOUR problem is you are a narcissistic sociopath without even a hint of wisdom. IF you had a hint of wisdom, you would KNOW by now that you cannot read my mind - since you have been so far off so many times. Give it up in the mind reading vent. You are not qualified, and have proven as much.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553557 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
True Christians do not support torture and murder and they do not copy pagans.
I realize you suffer from the desire to be the only REAL and HOLY Christian, and it's obvious that you have convinced your deluded self that you are ALL THAT.

However, I've heard it all before ... many times ... from better bullshitters than you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553558 Aug 8, 2014
Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>And et us not forget, we fostered and cultivated the belief that Muhammad was the "Last Prophet" among his people. We wanted to use the ignorant Arabs as our free army to take Jerusalem from those Christ-killing Jews. But, alas, the plan backfired and the Arabs got a thirst for conquering, betrayed us, and would have turned toward us, so we had to raise our own army . Thus, the bloody Crusades were born.
WOW! That is a new twist of history to me.

Hahahaha

Have you been dipping your bill in the sacrilegious wine?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553559 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The Catholics just so happened to be in possession of the books of the New Testament because they STOLE it and denied others the right to see it.
So what were the names of those purified Christians who according to you, owned the truth???

You don't seem to know.

Did they keep it a secret even from YOU???

:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#553560 Aug 8, 2014
roman prayer from pagan prayer beads:

dear mary poppins, mother of zeus, please come sing me superkalifredgalisticexpealido shias! in all the roman pagan 'saints' and poopy pope/caesars names - amen!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553561 Aug 8, 2014
Gnostics

Middle ages

Bogomils
Bosnian Church
Bagnolians
Cathars Black Brotherhood
Credentes
Pasagians
Pataria

Picards (Neo-Adamite)
Novgorodians - The owners of the Novgorod Codex, it is likely that the owners of the codex were dualistic like the Bogomils.
Paulicianism Arnoldism

Athinganoi
Tondrakians

Modern Times

Anthroposophy
Ecclesia Gnostica
Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica
Ecclesia Gnostica Mysteriorum
Eglise Gnostique
Gnostic Society
Holy Order of Mans (Quasi-Gnostic)
Johannite Church
Lectorium Rosicrucianum
Muckers
Neo-Luciferian Church
Ophite Cultus Satanas
Order of the Nazorean Essenes (Influenced by Gnosticism)[13]
Society of Novus Spiritus
Tempelhofgesellschaft (Neo-Marcionite)
Tiamatians
The Church of St Mary & St John
Theosophy
The Summit Lighthouse & Church Universal and Triumphant; considered New Thought/ neo-gnostic
The White Eagle Lodge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gnostic_...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553562 Aug 8, 2014
And I suggest there were a lot of start-up Gnostic sects that are not added to that list.

Those who were not satisfied to follow, thought they could do BETTER with divine "secret information" than their predecessors.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,534
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,711
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 2 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 3 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web