Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646331 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#553452 Aug 7, 2014
marge wrote:
Thank God Obama is finally acting.
The World is in such distress.
-
-
http://biblehub.net/search.php...
-
New International Version

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553453 Aug 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....I went to catholic grade school grade 1 to grade 8. The few number of days I actually spent in the classroom ,I noticed we also did not have bibles in the classrooms. We were only taught from the Baltimore catechism.
.....for some unknown reason the teaching nuns in our school did not like me. And the feelings were mutual.
.....51 years later nuns have become as scarce as telephone booths.
The nuns that taught us,were like very strict mothers...I loved most of them.
And exactly right...we did not study bibles...mostly catechism .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553454 Aug 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
Exactly. His Church is not a denomination. You guys left then turned around and called it one.
Exactly on your first point too: He left and gave His Church the Eucharist. The first words of the NT Scriptures didnt even begin until 25-30 yrs after the resurrection. What did u think everyone was doing.... waiting around for an apostle to write something??
----------
You need to be careful about disrespecting the Bible. Do you really believe that people who witnessed Jesus miracles, and His crucifixion, would wait thirty years before writing about it? And even you know that no one who saw the resurrected Jesus could wait to tell it !!!
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, He was seej of ABOVE FIVE HUNDRED BRETHREN AT ONCE; OF WHOM THE GREATER PART REMAIN UNTO THIS PRESENT, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
THE SCRIPTURES ARE NOT JEWISH FABLES TOLD TO THEIR GRANDCHILDREN !!!
KayMarie
Amen Kay ...there,is,no way not one soul wrote about Jesus...took what we might call notes,on what He said ..who knows,what writings were,lost , Jewish, Roman and Christian when Jerusalem was destroyed.

The gospels themselves , especially Matthew , I believe we're,not just popped,off from memory regarding the,words,of Jesus.I'm sure,Luke,spent years,interviewing people who knew,Jesus ...the,WORD is ..inspired of course, but I'm sure,parts,of what we,refer to as scripture were written down , even while Jesus,lived ...this was the man they saw,as,Messiah preaching. Yet no one,wrote,a,thing , letters to friends, notes...anything??'I just don't believe it .

They certainly corresponded with other Churches.....how,much a,work of the,Spirit that we,have
What we do now.....and how,much was destroyed by persecution..by zealots then by Rome,!!!

We treasure what we hAve , maybe the,rest is,in a heavenly library ....wouldn't that be Amazing to be given access,to ...

Blessings,to you both ...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553455 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief steals...that is a crime....Plagiarism is not a crime! Really, it isn't. No matter what your teachers, parents, or peers may have told you, plagiarism is not a crime. It's an academic offense.
That's why schools throw around words like "unethical" and "immoral" when they tell you about plagiarism. That's all they've got. They try and create confusion, of course, to scare you into obeying their rules. But they can't do much if you know the truth.
Which, to say it in positive terms, is this:
Plagiarism is legal...
Next....am waiting....
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief steals...that is a crime....Plagiarism is not a crime! Really, it isn't. No matter what your teachers, parents, or peers may have told you, plagiarism is not a crime. It's an academic offense.
That's why schools throw around words like "unethical" and "immoral" when they tell you about plagiarism. That's all they've got. They try and create confusion, of course, to scare you into obeying their rules. But they can't do much if you know the truth.
Which, to say it in positive terms, is this:
Plagiarism is legal...Plus...I never ever copied any info and presented such with these words "These are my words...I am the originator"...that would be stealing and easily proven so...you have no such proof....
Am still waiting...
Repetitive nonsense from a proven thief.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#553456 Aug 8, 2014
Plagiarism often represents a crime. In modern times, plagiarism usually is not subject to criminal sanction unless it also represents something beyond plagiarism, such as infringement.

Plagiarism is using someone's work without giving credit to that author. Infringement is using someone's *legally protected* work without legal right, whether credit has been given or not, though lack of credit can be an aggravating circumstance. Obviously the two concepts overlap. But they are not the same. Shakespeare can be plagiarized but not infringed, since his works are not protected under any intellectual property law.

The author of a work that has been plagiarized is normally the victim plagiarism, unless he has given consent to the plagiarism, such as in the case of term paper mills. The owner of intellectual property is always the victim of infringement. The author and the owner are not always the same person or entity, since an author may have assigned ownership in a piece of intellectual property, thus making another person the owner of his work.

The audience usually is a victim of plagiarism too, though it is not always a victim of infringement and may actually be a willing participant in that endeavor.

Infringement can be prosecuted even if no commercial gain was sought, though infringement rarely is prosecuted unless it is done for commercial gain.

I am not aware of any prosecution of plagiarism as simple theft in modern times, though many theft statutes are broad enough to encompass it. But long before intellectual property laws and the concept of infringement arose, plagiarism was sometimes criminally punished.

The first example I am aware of is Ptolemy II's prosecution of plagiarists in a literary competition. The plagiarists were convicted of stealing and banished. That occurred in the 3rd century BC. Plagiarism and its association with theft has a long history.

Regardless of criminality, plagiarism often is subject to punishment. That punishment normally takes the form of social stigma. It sometimes takes the form of academic or professional sanctions. More than one professional in modern times has lost his license to practice his profession or lost his job due to plagiarism. And countless students and academics have suffered academic consequences from plagiarism.

Ultimately, a plagiarist is a dishonest broker. And you gotta ask yourself why you would take seriously anything a plagiarist -- a thief -- has to say.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#553457 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
You can thank Constantine for that - murdering in the name of God.
Muslims learned it bey watching Constantine ...
you are a complete sick, disgusting human being. Whoever considers you a fellow Christian is equally sick. There is nothing nice I can say about someone as twisted as you. A thousand Christian martyrs a day in Iraq; the men slaughtered, woman and children slaughtered- but since they are Catholic - you'll blame Constantine? These ISIS Muslims learned it all by watching Catholics? You are a warped insane individual..
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553458 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth:
Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone") is the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness. Consequently, sola scriptura demands that only those doctrines are to be admitted or confessed that are found directly within or indirectly by using valid logical deduction or valid deductive reasoning from scripture.
However, sola scriptura is not a denial of other authorities governing Christian life and devotion. Note: The catlics completely igmore the following....Rather, it simply demands that all other authorities are subordinate to, and are to be corrected by, the written word of God. Sola scriptura was a foundational doctrinal principle of the Protestant Reformation held by the Reformers and is a formal principle of Protestantism today.
BIble only (sola Scriptura) is a "man made" doctrine which contradicts itself over and over and over again by "self interpreting ---self appointed" bible waiving preachers....
It is a doctrine that was "never believed by ANYONE until the 18th century and has "absolutely" no biblical or historical basis to back up ANYTHING that it teaches..
The One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church "founded, established and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF has followed the teachings and doctrine of Jesus over 2000 years ago in believing, teaching and proclaiming "The Word of God Alone" ----Sola Verbum Dei....The Word comes to us from Christ alone and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition---2 Thess2:15 which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus build upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21, I Tim 3:15.....Sola Scriptura is "definitely" a foundational doctrinal principal for sure!!!!......It is a "Man Made up", concocted and invented 18th century inconsistent and contradicting" hodge podge of over 42,000 self interpreting denominations that are in a "constant fight" with each other ----EACH ONE ---yelling "listen to me , listen to me" ----I've got the true interpretation of the bible----the rest of you don't know what you are talking about.......Confrinting says it , New Age says it you Ox say it and every other bible only (bible verse waiving preacher says it......God NEVER was, nor EVER Will be , the author of your bible only confusion, chaos , contradicting and inconsistent " MAN MADE half-truth, half-heresy" splintered Protestant denominations....

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#553463 Aug 8, 2014
marge wrote:
What do you mean by acting?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553464 Aug 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
THE SCRIPTURES ARE NOT JEWISH FABLES TOLD TO THEIR GRANDCHILDREN !!!
That's right! The religious fables were also taught to the great-grandchildren, and the great-great-grandchildren.

And there was nothing about a fictitious-character in Judaism named Jesus, as the Jews that were faithful to Judaism believed that Jesus was a fake messiah.

I suggest you stop trying to make Judaism over into your version of Protestant Christianity in order to suit your own perceived upcoming "welfare."

Since: Aug 14

Sevierville, TN

#553465 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Kay ...there,is,no way not one soul wrote about Jesus...took what we might call notes,on what He said ..who knows,what writings were,lost , Jewish, Roman and Christian when Jerusalem was destroyed.
The gospels themselves , especially Matthew , I believe we're,not just popped,off from memory regarding the,words,of Jesus.I'm sure,Luke,spent years,interviewing people who knew,Jesus ...the,WORD is ..inspired of course, but I'm sure,parts,of what we,refer to as scripture were written down , even while Jesus,lived ...this was the man they saw,as,Messiah preaching. Yet no one,wrote,a,thing , letters to friends, notes...anything??'I just don't believe it .
They certainly corresponded with other Churches.....how,much a,work of the,Spirit that we,have
What we do now.....and how,much was destroyed by persecution..by zealots then by Rome,!!!
We treasure what we hAve , maybe the,rest is,in a heavenly library ....wouldn't that be Amazing to be given access,to ...
Blessings,to you both ...
Correct. The bible is inspired but not all of it is God breathed. Only the first five books, the Psalms and the Prophets.(Enoch, not in bible, on web) Luke 1:1-4 Many people have set out to write accounts about the events that have been fulfilled among us. They used the eyewitness reports circulating among us from the early disciples. Having carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I also have decided to write a careful account for you, most honorable Theophilus, so you can be certain of the truth of everything you were taught. New Living Translation - Luke 24:27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures. 44,45 Now He said to them,“These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553466 Aug 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Repetitive nonsense from a proven thief.
That is not proof...that is a lie...lying snake

Prince George, Canada

#553467 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
You can thank Constantine for that - murdering in the name of God.
Muslims learned it bey watching Constantine ...
The Jews ordered murder of anyone not of monotheistic Judaism ... the popes ordered the murder of anyone who was not monotheistic Catholic and Martin Luther ordered the killing of anyone not monotheistic Protestant.

The Muslims learned that killing in the name of a god was committed in the name of monotheistic religion ... period! The attitude of all the divisions was and still is ..."WE own the total affections of the ONE GOD and all of you others are heretics ... doomed to eternal rejection from OUR GOD ... PERIOD ... Muslim version ... infidels!"

Location hidden

#553468 Aug 8, 2014
plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.

I have never ever presented info copied from a web site with these words: I originated the info in this post.... To do so would be absurd....one search and my lie would be exposed....

Even in the most blatant misrepresentation of another's work...it ain't theft....

Suppose I wrote a blog post, maybe this very one, and someone else sees it on the web, copies it, tacks his name on it as author, and posts it on his own blog site.

We can conclude two things: 1) He is a dick, and 2) I didn't lose anything. We can call him a liar -- and lying is not a crime unless your are committing perjury -- but we can't call him a thief because I didn't lose anything.

Pure logic...

Prince George, Canada

#553469 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
And Protestants learned it by watching both the Catholics and the Muslims ....
-
go figure.
Now I suggest you are being honest with your self.

Martin Luther ordered the killing of supposed heretics ... those who would not agree with his interpretations of the bible ... just as did the popes who taught him when he was a devout Catholic.

Those men were all brutes that used what they perceived as {{{fancy}}} literature to win the crowds of "admirers of the fancy words, to THEIR cults of self-worship. "God loves ONLY those in OUR cults ... PERIOD!"

Location hidden

#553470 Aug 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
BIble only (sola Scriptura) is a "man made" doctrine which contradicts itself over and over and over again by "self interpreting ---self appointed" bible waiving preachers....
It is a doctrine that was "never believed by ANYONE until the 18th century and has "absolutely" no biblical or historical basis to back up ANYTHING that it teaches..
The One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church "founded, established and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF has followed the teachings and doctrine of Jesus over 2000 years ago in believing, teaching and proclaiming "The Word of God Alone" ----Sola Verbum Dei....The Word comes to us from Christ alone and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition---2 Thess2:15 which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus build upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21, I Tim 3:15.....Sola Scriptura is "definitely" a foundational doctrinal principal for sure!!!!......It is a "Man Made up", concocted and invented 18th century inconsistent and contradicting" hodge podge of over 42,000 self interpreting denominations that are in a "constant fight" with each other ----EACH ONE ---yelling "listen to me , listen to me" ----I've got the true interpretation of the bible----the rest of you don't know what you are talking about.......Confrinting says it , New Age says it you Ox say it and every other bible only (bible verse waiving preacher says it......God NEVER was, nor EVER Will be , the author of your bible only confusion, chaos , contradicting and inconsistent " MAN MADE half-truth, half-heresy" splintered Protestant denominations....
According to Roman Catholicism, Sacred Tradition and the Bible together provide the foundation of spiritual truth. From this combination the Catholic church has produced many doctrines which it says are true and biblical but which Protestants reject: veneration of Mary, penance, indulgence, purgatory, prayer to saints, et. al. Protestantism, however, rejects these doctrines, and Roman Catholic Sacred Tradition, and holds fast to the call "Sola Scriptura," or, "Scripture Alone." Catholics then challenge, "Is Sola Scriptura biblical?"

The Bible does not say "Do not use tradition" or "Scripture alone is sufficient." But the Bible does not say "The Trinity is three persons in one God," either, yet it is a fundamental doctrine of Christianity. 2 Tim. 3:16 says that scripture is inspired and profitable for correction and teaching. Scripture states that Scripture is what is good for correction and teaching, not tradition.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553471 Aug 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text> you are a complete sick, disgusting human being. Whoever considers you a fellow Christian is equally sick. There is nothing nice I can say about someone as twisted as you. A thousand Christian martyrs a day in Iraq; the men slaughtered, woman and children slaughtered- but since they are Catholic - you'll blame Constantine? These ISIS Muslims learned it all by watching Catholics? You are a warped insane individual..
Bible only Protestant anti-Catholics like guest will say "ANYTHING" demeaning and derogatory against our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church in order to sustain their in growen on-going "hate" against Jesus Christ Himself and the ONLY Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated........What a miserable bunch of half-truth half heresy " fundies" that Jesus has to put up with!!!

Prince George, Canada

#553472 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Eucharist not mentioned in the Bible...its a Catholic thing.
Of course it was a Catholic "thing." They took the Jewish Passover and made it over into their Eucharist.

Jews do NOT practice the ritual of the Eucharist. That is why it's so ridiculous to believe (within the wacky theology) that Jesus would approve OF the Eucharist.

And I suggest that you keep in mind that the first Christians were NOT at all aligned to today's Protestant mindsets, as the first Christians (no matter what sect to which they belonged) were simply break-away Jews, creating a new religion to suit their own monotheistic points of view of, "The one GOD loves only those in our group of believers."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck .

Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.

Prince George, Canada

#553473 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth:
Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone") is the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness.
You are comparable to chickens in a chicken coup, pulling at the same piece of food in the hopes of getting all of it for your own group of devotees.

The problem IS ... you won't even try to conceive of the idea that if a creator exists, it could possibly LOVE those in other religions ... so self-centered are ALL of you.

TOTAL CHILDISH behavior.

Prince George, Canada

#553474 Aug 8, 2014
marge wrote:
If Obama is doing something that pleases your Christian notions ... THAT is scary!

The people of the world have ALWAYS been in distress. Your supposed "GOD" planned it that way.

Bunkology!

Humans are nothing more than mortal animals ... the most greedy for sure ... as humans are the only animals that demand an afterlife of eternal bliss for the ones in their solitary belief-systems, while at the same time labeling others as heretics and infidels ... doomed to eternal hells.

Such ignorance is NOT bliss!!!

Prince George, Canada

#553475 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
http://biblehub.net/search.php...
-
New International Version
1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves
Humans are so stupid as to believe that a god will destroy the earth over religion.

Humans have always been lovers of self ... and nowhere is that more plain than IN religion. "I will be SAVED, and you, you poor slob will go to hell ... which is what you deserve.

Non-animals are WISE in comparison to humans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min River Tam 47,918
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 35 min BobbyReal 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Judgment Day Watc... 618,609
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 971,569
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 1 hr Lils 42
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 281,217
Vote for Euro 2016, free game 2 hr Aaron0562 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 hr WasteWater 2,012
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 11 hr oneear69 38,711