Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552893 Aug 3, 2014
The idiocy of the idea that a god created a perfect world ... when non-human animals must suffer horrible agonies by fang, claw venom, et cetera, in order to try to survive ... is the hyperbole of total religious illusion.

I suggest there was no such malicious plan by a malicious creator.

It makes NO sense whatsoever.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552895 Aug 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been over all this many times.
You're a thief.
Your own words verify that you are a lying snake...you cannot deny the truth in my post by simply saying "Well, yes you "is", thief"...but that is all you have...lies..
plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.

I have posted over 16,000 times...Assuming that 50% of the time, as you so accuse me, I used and passed off the ideas or writings of another as my own. That I did appropriate for use as my own passages or ideas from another. That I did put forth as original to myself the ideas or words of another, produce the 8,000 names of these "anothers" I have so wronged.....

Stealing is a sin and a criminal offense...I are guilty of neither

Location hidden

#552896 Aug 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,'tard, if you want to claim plagiarizing 8000 times, I'm good with that. But it's your claim, not mine. And it just means you're not only a thief, but a prolific one.
Thief.
Proof..again, you are a liar..I have posted over 16,000 times...Assuming that 50% of the time, as you so accuse me, I used and passed off the ideas or writings of another as my own.

I never made such a claim...

Where is your proof???

Prince George, Canada

#552897 Aug 3, 2014
Bill Maher in his comedy act concerning religion, mentioned something I found to be of special interest.

He was speaking of stem-cell research and how the Christians are all up in a knot about when "life" begins in the womb.

He was mentioning (I'm paraphrasing) how the Christians use the term "baby" for the word embryo and how that is ludicrous, because embryos can be frozen, to later on become fetuses in the wombs of women ... while "babies" cannot survive the freezing and thawing process.

Prince George, Canada

#552898 Aug 3, 2014
How do embryos survive the freezing process?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#552899 Aug 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"But I think it is only God who would know what is in my heart." Not so...
Oxbow

Peace

I certainly agree with that.

I think we often find ourselves thinking that knowledge is what gets us closer to God, and so spend much of it(from a religious viewpoint) studying scripture, when in fact it is our own hearts which we should be examining and get right with God from the heart.

Peace

Location hidden

#552900 Aug 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over this,'tard.
Webster's definition of plagiarism:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...
Notice "to commit literary theft".
Thief.
Farflex dictionary:

plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.

Legal Ramifications of Plagiarism

Although plagiarism is not a criminal or civil offense, plagiarism is illegal if it infringes an author's intellectual property rights, including copyright or trademark.

Location hidden

#552901 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not only lazy. You are dishonest.
You know full well that all religions have savior-myths ... yet you preach ONLY the Jesus-myth as having value. And added to that ... yet preach the Catholicized version of the Jesus myth as the only one having HIGH value, simply because it's of the highest value to YOU.
You are not fair or respectful to those in other religions.
I don't favor any religion and that bugs every religionist on the forum that favors ONLY his/her own religion, while dissing other religions as being FALSE ... or worse yet ... EVIL!
June

You are right. I am to lazy, dishonest, unfair, and disrespectful. I shall try to endeavor to be harder working, honest, fair and respectful.

You don't favor any religion, but instead reject them. That makes you equitable only to the extent that you hate every religion.

Location hidden

#552902 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a fraud.
You have been arguing with the Protestants since you left the Protestant religion and started siding with the Catholics. And now you want to impress upon me that I shouldn't argue, because arguing isn't "effective."
You are REALLY something ELSE!!!
:)
June

Yes I am such a fraud.

So when I come to certain understandings on the nature of topix interaction, especially on this thread, I have come to realize how very ineffective the intellectual argument is on both the Protestant or Catholic side.

I am sure others have become frustrated at a lack of any movement. So rather that argue, I choose to do something else.

You can keep arguing, for all the good it does you or those you argue with....

Location hidden

#552903 Aug 3, 2014
P.S.

I would say Preston helped me in realizing this.

Location hidden

#552904 Aug 3, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you're clever by avoiding the original post? When your doctor mentioned dementia did you call him a lying snake too?
Here tis...show me were I edited "So...you don't believe the Holy Trinity, as expressed in Scripture: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?????

You don't believe the Catholic Encyclopedia that says: Jesus Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

Leaving out: Per Scripture: "Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father is God, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" which prompted the questions changes nothing regards my questions.......

Leaving out: "I do and and have done so for over 75 years.....and I are a SBC church member!!!!" changes nothing regards my questions...

Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Three persons in ONE GOD.
JESUS IS GOD ...THE FATHER IS GOD..THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD.
Trinity = God =Trinity
Maybe there is a more theological way to write it . But
I haven't read anything different from any Christian
Not everyone phrases thing s EXACTLY as you do .but we who believe in CHRIST as Saviour .
That does not mean we do not believe Jesus was fully human when He was here AND FULLY GOD.because we don't measure up to your writing style.
Anyone who reads our posts carefully knows this.

Per Scripture: Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father is God, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

So...you don't believe the Holy Trinity, as expressed in Scripture: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?????

You don't believe the Catholic Encyclopedia that says: Jesus Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

I do and and have done so for over 75 years.....and I are a SBC church member!!!!

Location hidden

#552905 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to be #1 in heaven ... don't you Robert???
Be honest now! When you think of being in the company of a HOLY God ... the only one in the universe ... that's a head's-UP THRILL.
June

Being #1 in heaven is to high for me, the fall from pride to far. I would never consider myself worthy of but a place in hell for all the sins I have committed....

The point is when the ego is crushed and expunged, I do not have any desire for it to re-emerge, so I keep vigil watch on what I say, think, and do.

Location hidden

#552906 Aug 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Peace
I certainly agree with that.
I think we often find ourselves thinking that knowledge is what gets us closer to God, and so spend much of it(from a religious viewpoint) studying scripture, when in fact it is our own hearts which we should be examining and get right with God from the heart.
Peace
There are two that know for certain...God and the individual....no one else...by a person's words, deeds, actions, lifestyle, these outward signs can indicate, one way or the other, but it is without absolute certainty..

Location hidden

#552907 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't GET it Robert.
Humans will always kill but those who are not in religion don't suggest that gods ORDAIN the killing.
You will not find an Atheist or an Agnostic that encourages others to go kill heretics and infidels and witches.
THAT is religious terminology.
NOW do you GET IT???
June

Aha....

So you are saying that an Atheist or an Agnostic in the guise of a religious person would not go out and kill heretics, infidels, and witches?

And here I thought you believed there were many Atheists in the pulpit preaching. And if it be to their advantage why would they not preach to kill....

It would seem to me, that if one has the love of God, and love of neighbor in their hearts a religious person is not preach to kill....Right?

Location hidden

#552908 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I would never trust a man who claimed that a god inspired him to write about his experience of a god speaking to him.
Good grief.
It's no wonder that religion is such a mess.
Too many universal truths floating around contradicting other universal truths ... makes humans go INSANE!
June

You write on a complex topic. In some cases God may desire so, in some not.

For the most part I think that God deals with a person on an individual basis, and therefore such an experience is for self-edification.

Of course there are many levels of God speaking to someone. But the big surprises are the one's least expected aren't they?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#552909 Aug 3, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>We have walked some of the same paths. I too, was raised Catholic. After I got saved, I voluntarily joined a Baptist church, and was baptized. I did it as a sign of my public profession of faith and to join the local assembly.
Exactly, you are not speaking against getting baptized, just that in itself it saves ..that's what I thought.

Unfortunately my little church merged with a bigger church..It was a wonderful congregation ,
No pretense, no pressure, all of which surprised me ..my own misconceptions,at work..

I think many of us,brought up one way have those, but I do think many in the Catholic Church love Jesus and have true FAITH.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#552910 Aug 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Here tis...show me were I edited "So...you don't believe the Holy Trinity, as expressed in Scripture: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?????
Leaving out: Per Scripture: "Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father is God, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" which prompted the questions changes nothing regards my questions.......
Leaving out: "I do and and have done so for over 75 years.....and I are a SBC church member!!!!" changes nothing regards my questions...
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Three persons in ONE GOD.
JESUS IS GOD ...THE FATHER IS GOD..THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD.
Trinity = God =Trinity
Maybe there is a more theological way to write it . But
I haven't read anything different from any Christian
Not everyone phrases thing s EXACTLY as you do .but we who believe in CHRIST as Saviour .
That does not mean we do not believe Jesus was fully human when He was here AND FULLY GOD.because we don't measure up to your writing style.
Anyone who reads our posts carefully knows this.
Per Scripture: Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father is God, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
So...you don't believe the Holy Trinity, as expressed in Scripture: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?????
I do and and have done so for over 75 years.....and I are a SBC church member!!!!
Are u really 75 yrs old??? Or do you believe in reincarnation now and adding your past lives??
Leon

San Francisco, CA

#552911 Aug 3, 2014
Check out this link to Jesus and the Time Travelers. http://youtu.be/KAKASJqn6SU

Location hidden

#552912 Aug 3, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u really 75 yrs old??? Or do you believe in reincarnation now and adding your past lives??
No...82...I discounted from "day one" to seven (7) years.

I do strongly believe in incarnation....Christ was the incarnate Son of God....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#552913 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't stop posting words from the KJV AT me, I'm going to hire a Hindu and a Muslim and a Buddhist to post their scriptures from their self-perceived holy books AT YOU!
Fair is fair!
Go ahead if you can afford it...Truth will prevail over death and hell

There is only one truth...

Jesus said..

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and there is no entity on earth that can dispute his word....WHEN HE SAID

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Catcher1 830,529
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Rick in Kansas 270,838
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min lovewithin 40,230
Daves Academy of Music 18 min DaveEagle1 1
Is Joel Osteen a HYPOCRITE CHRISTIAN?? 43 min WasteWater 3
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 44 min WasteWater 5,822
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min WasteWater 99,273
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 58 min WasteWater 3,670
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 611,948
More from around the web