Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703621 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#553147 Aug 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Hi Regina, Liam, hojo, Star, Sera, Rose, Robert
Well, it's repetition ad nauseum unfortunately. I'll check back again in a few weeks to see if anything has changed.

.....clueless, arrogant and full of pride Sera says about your Comrad hojo. I would suggest with that statement you move hojo to the end of your friendship line, behind Rosez and Robert

ReginaM. will always be welcomed first, because she is your favorite.

..it should now read.
.Hi,..ReginaM. Liam, StarC, rosez, Sera, Robert, hojo.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553148 Aug 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Well, it's repetition ad nauseum unfortunately. I'll check back again in a few weeks to see if anything has changed.
Rotsaruck As a cartoon character I can't remember used to say ...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#553149 Aug 6, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Seraphima,I hope all is well with you,and I am surprised to see you back on here.I agree with you that nothing has changed,and that whatever is said seems to just go into the abyss of ideas and cherished philosophies which change NOTHING.
It is not just a philosophy of my own that I have come to forsake denominationalism,but yet embrace all for the glory of the ONE who inspires us all in like faith. Every prayer,every act of kindness,every thought to honor and worship the LORD,is to all Christians the truth not diminishing one iota of its strength to every professed believer.
It is to look firmly into the Words of Jesus,who is the "AUTHOR and Finisher of our faith." That today especially means so much to everyone who has decided to Follow Him. The Holy Spirit is our Comforter,and most of all the only ONE who gives us correct,pure,and unadulterated revelation concerning the Prince of Glory,Jesus(Yeshua) the Messiah. It is not an institutional treatise that decides the Authorship and Power of the Gospel of our Lord.HE the Lord is the real focus,as HE is A L I V E. His Resurrection brings us all to His feet,and therefore every believer in Christ shares in His DNA as it were,because He bought all of us with a great price.
The politics and human contribution of traditions can either promote the glory of the kingdom of the Father through Christ,or it can be detrimental and destructive. History has been the revealing proof that Human design and fervor which is basically misguided without the Spirit of Christ,destroys not only the testimony of Christian life,but the true character of what Christ is all about in the "c h u r c h". So although all of us rightfully cling to organizations to follow Him, we must always remember that our humanity is also our worst enemy when it comes to true spiritual worth in regards to following the Master in Truth.
Therefore,no matter what the organization failure to portray the truest form of spiritual life is possible,because we do not always stay close to Him.He alone however being the Good Shepherd of us all seeks to perfect,love,forgive and nurture the Body of Christ. So within every organization that proclaims Christ to the Glory of the Father,there stands the absolute TRUTH of the character,and Mind of Christ,especially when all of us rely on HIS W o r d!
.....what then is your opinion of those born into, or those who follow with all their hearts Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, or Christians who are denominational who constantly argue that god prefers their doctrines to others? They have their history, their books, their leaders that claim they are on the right path and you aren't.

...all you are giving is your personal opinion, as does everyone else. You believe and hope what you practice is true, but in reality you don't know anymore about an afterlife than anyone else on this forum, or anyone else anywhere.

....wishful thinking will not make a belief into a fact.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#553150 Aug 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
What change do you expect AnthonyMN? And change has already come to this forum.Do you remember bro,how that the only debaters on this thread were basically Catholics and Protestants,even for years,few non-religious would pop in now and than? Well now we have a core of those who not only reject our organizations of Protestantism and Catholicism,but also reject our whole foundation of churchianity,and do not believe in our Master at all. So we have been given the opportunity tony, to give account to those who ask and seek answers from us in spite of our disagreements with each other in the Household of faith.

Jesus told us to always be ready to give an appropriate answer to those who seek the truth,and that does not mean the seeker has to be sincere,and sweetly encountering truth.But those as we see here who are somewhat hostile to our faith in Him who is all truth,the WAY,and the LIFE!

I am shocked at times the way some Christians on this thread handle those who are belligerent toward our faith in Christ. Name calling and disrespect. But than again we do the same with each other on this thread,so why change when an unbeliever posts vehemently against both us and our belief in the Source of Life?

Christ can handle the verbal abuse against Him,He forgives,and is all merciful,because He paid the ultimate price on the Cross. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ,and I know you are not as well,but we are not victims either,and we can stand for truth.It is a great opportunity indeed,and even though it is painfully redundant here at times,we Christians should never lose the focus of the fact that when the unbeliever comes into our midst,we must be willing to share and love them,knowing that their souls are precious to Christ,as we discovered for ourselves as well.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553151 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't speak for Robert, however, my reason for becoming Catholic NOT because Protestantism didn't. offer Salvation (because it does)--but because it is the ONLY TRUE Church initiated by Jesus Christ that offers the "fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth" to grow (each and every day) in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ
If you honestly believe that Protestants will be saved, then you also have to have faith that they don't NEED the "fullness" of the Catholic faith TO BE saved ... so why do keep preaching at them that they fall short of your supposed "SUCCESS???"

You people are such double-talkers you don't even recognize your own lies that you tell to your selves ... so it's no wonder the theologians found you to be such easy MARKS for THEIR lies.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553152 Aug 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....clueless, arrogant and full of pride Sera says about your Comrad hojo. I would suggest with that statement you move hojo to the end of your friendship line, behind Rosez and Robert
ReginaM. will always be welcomed first, because she is your favorite.
..it should now read.
.Hi,..ReginaM. Liam, StarC, rosez, Sera, Robert, hojo.
If both sides believe in Jesus and only through belief in Jesus are they "saved" ... then they should ALL be saved, and there should be nothing over which to fight.

If Jesus died for their sins ... then they are SAVED ... period ... no more sin and no more worry ... RIGHT.

But I suggest that the story itself is so ludicrous ... they doubt the story itself ... yet FEAR keeps them on the treadmill of supporting the story because they believe if they don't support the story HELL in the hereafter is waiting for them.

It's a vicious circle.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#553153 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride and arrogance has "absolutely NOTHING" to do any of this, when referencing the (proven and authenticated) biblical and historical TRUTH of TRUE Church History, the Words of Jesus Christ Himself and the TRUE interpretation of the bible in 382,393 and? 397AD by the Early Church Gathers "who wrote it"!!.....
....remember what Anthony says about repetition. He doesn't like it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553154 Aug 6, 2014
A short while back in conversation with an evangelical Christian, she went so far as to admit that the theology is "confusing" but she would not agree with me that it was ludicrous, as she probably was concerned that Jesus and God just might be offended, so she was hedging her bets.

In all ancient religions FEAR ruled supreme. And that fear is what holds all devotees to the teachings of their cult-MASTERS ... otherwise known as male word-DOCTORS.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#553155 Aug 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....what then is your opinion of those born into, or those who follow with all their hearts Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, or Christians who are denominational who constantly argue that god prefers their doctrines to others? They have their history, their books, their leaders that claim they are on the right path and you aren't.
...all you are giving is your personal opinion, as does everyone else. You believe and hope what you practice is true, but in reality you don't know anymore about an afterlife than anyone else on this forum, or anyone else anywhere.
....wishful thinking will not make a belief into a fact.
I do not hope in wonder whether my faith in Christ is "maybe" true Michael,so I stand on a different mindset or premise as it were from your quick summation of who I am as it were in my faith.

I waste no time condemning non Christians in their belief systems. God sees into the minds and hearts of people who are practitioners of the many religions that are on this earth. If is fact Michael I believe in the reality and true presence of the Resurrected Savior,than my life and daily living is focused on Him,and He proves Himself to be what the Bible states concerning Him.It I did not believe that Michael< I would not waste one minute of my time on this thread,or would I go to any church,and would live life only as I would freely be able to DO!

But since I am totally convinced by the Power of Him who has called me to Himself,I believe and daily live my faith. The fact that you do not believe and have the freedom not to,and you also have your own opinions does not alter one bit the truth I know to be my source of life.

I am bound by the Lord not to condemn anyone,nor to take up a malicious cause to counter people who don't believe the way I have found to do. So respectfully Michael,I can appreciate your unbelief,and the various different religions,not to embrace them but to understand and be a conduit of compassion for all people through Christ.NOT an easy task by any means,but the best road for me personally to go on since I do meet people of all other faiths and isms in a daily basis. I respect first of all their being human like myself,and I understand that they were brought up with different doctrines as it were. If they see an intolerance in me toward them,it is the rarest thing,because I determine to let them know that I appreciate them as a fellow human being. It is most difficult with Muslims these days,but through Christ I can do it,HE loves them with an everlasting live.

Not something that can be done overnight! It takes learning,and yielding to the ONE who calls us to LOVE no matter what. A Bahai person told me that his prophet said,and I did read it in one of their books as well,that "Christians under great pressure and when they put their faith to the ultimate test of character,glow like the greatest LIGHTS,and with a glory that astounds all those around them."

Christ called Christians to be beacons of Light,how can we be beacons of light if in fact none of the words of Christ are true?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#553156 Aug 6, 2014
yon wrote:
Home » News » Vatican
‘Yahwenot to be used in liturgy, songs and prayers,
Vatican City, Sep 3, 2008 / 05:30 am (CNA).- The Hebrew name for God is not to be used or pronounced in liturgical celebrations, songs and prayers, Cardinal Francis Arinze, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, has said in a letter addressed to the bishops’ conferences of the world......
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/yahweh...
http://www.cogwriter.com/news/doctrine/pope-p...
"Did the Pope say that God and Allah are the same person?"
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
Never mind that most Jews won't even use "Yahweh" anymore....
Liam

Chicago, IL

#553157 Aug 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Please don't include the Orthodox church/ According to hojo the Orthodox church does not have the afullness of the faith.
No offense, but I have great respect for the Orthodox Church and won't hesitate to include them when talking about the Eucharist and other Sacraments. Sorry.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#553158 Aug 6, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What change do you expect AnthonyMN? And change has already come to this forum.Do you remember bro,how that the only debaters on this thread were basically Catholics and Protestants,even for years,few non-religious would pop in now and than? Well now we have a core of those who not only reject our organizations of Protestantism and Catholicism,but also reject our whole foundation of churchianity,and do not believe in our Master at all. So we have been given the opportunity tony, to give account to those who ask and seek answers from us in spite of our disagreements with each other in the Household of faith.
Jesus told us to always be ready to give an appropriate answer to those who seek the truth,and that does not mean the seeker has to be sincere,and sweetly encountering truth.But those as we see here who are somewhat hostile to our faith in Him who is all truth,the WAY,and the LIFE!
I am shocked at times the way some Christians on this thread handle those who are belligerent toward our faith in Christ. Name calling and disrespect. But than again we do the same with each other on this thread,so why change when an unbeliever posts vehemently against both us and our belief in the Source of Life?
Christ can handle the verbal abuse against Him,He forgives,and is all merciful,because He paid the ultimate price on the Cross. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ,and I know you are not as well,but we are not victims either,and we can stand for truth.It is a great opportunity indeed,and even though it is painfully redundant here at times,we Christians should never lose the focus of the fact that when the unbeliever comes into our midst,we must be willing to share and love them,knowing that their souls are precious to Christ,as we discovered for ourselves as well.
I inadvertently left you out of my greeting Dan, sorry about that and blessings to you.

Please take a moment and read this.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553159 Aug 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's occasionally interesting? And every once in a while there is,a tiny bit of mutual understanding :)
If the pope becomes an evangelical Christian, or an evangelical Christian becomes a Catholic ... that will only mean they switched sides on the debate. It WON'T mean they have united by mutual understanding.

It is the complete lack of understanding that the theologies their selves are based on nonsense, that makes you a glued to the dogmas Protestant and hojo a glued to the dogmas Catholic.
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#553160 Aug 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> hello Jethro, glad your goose flew away to join his own kind. Hope all goes well for you with your test today. You remain in my prayers....
my test results came back not perfect but not to bad either, I have breathing trouble due to pneumonia and had a piece of my lung removed, my oxygen level is 96% which is good from what I'm told, anything under 92 % is not to good, I need to get out an get into my walking routine again, I've been laid up for about a month an a half due to serious infections in my kidney's because of the tube in my back, came close to dying back in march cause of a bad infection in my heart, but they managed to cure me, then had 3 more episodes after that, where I spent a week at a time in the hospital. as far as the goose goes I'm glad he/she left, just wish if I knew if he was ok. I found no signs of a struggle in the yard so it must of flown away. now I need to go out in my shed see if I can find some wood to build a railing for my cellar stairs, which was a problem with the inspector, got to have everything finished by the 28th. or else I lose my house ins.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#553161 Aug 6, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What change do you expect AnthonyMN? And change has already come to this forum.Do you remember bro,how that the only debaters on this thread were basically Catholics and Protestants,even for years,few non-religious would pop in now and than? Well now we have a core of those who not only reject our organizations of Protestantism and Catholicism,but also reject our whole foundation of churchianity,and do not believe in our Master at all. So we have been given the opportunity tony, to give account to those who ask and seek answers from us in spite of our disagreements with each other in the Household of faith.
Oops, here's the link:

http://dispatchesfrombrian.com/2014/07/09/lun...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553163 Aug 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense, but I have great respect for the Orthodox Church and won't hesitate to include them when talking about the Eucharist and other Sacraments. Sorry.
Case in point ... "If you come my way and celebrate MY rituals as I want them celebrated, you will be VERY welcome. But I won't go to your church and disrespect my own rituals. That would be beneath ME to offend Jesus and God in such an EVIL manner."

They adore telling their self-NURTURING "stories."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553164 Aug 6, 2014
When I was young I remember a Christian being certain that another person who referred to self as a Christian was not REALLY a Christian ... because the person smoked cigarettes ... and Jesus would not approve of such behavior.

Hahahahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553167 Aug 6, 2014
I suggest that if hippy-Jesus actually lived ... he would have had sex, either with men or women ... smoked pot (if it was not available he could have created a miracle and made sure it WAS available for the multitudes.)

My depiction of him would be, he wouldn't have given a rat's as for religion period, as he would see it was divisive stupidity.

YEAH! I favor my depiction of Jesus over your stuffed-shirt version.

I want him to be just a down to earth "savior" who says that ALL dumb humans are just like HIM."

Hahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553168 Aug 6, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>And where does it state "word-for-word" in the Holy Bible that the Roman Catholic Church is the one and only true Church of Jesus Christ?
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553169 Aug 6, 2014
What does the word slop mean to a pig?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Uncle Jack 87,771
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Big Al 996,434
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,916
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 2 hr LIKUD Sindrome 313
Making DEVILS Rich 4 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 3
Silence German Style 4 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,548