Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590366 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#552749 Aug 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where wisdom enters the picture.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha
What's so funny June?
Did you again assume something and read more into what was written than was actually written?
Did you run your trolley off the track again and predecide that I said something I did not?
Did you again assume that saying "wisdom enters the picture" means something entirely different than what it simply means?
Did you again automatically decide that I meant that one must join a church to be saved? Is that it again June?
Tell us what is so funny about that statement June.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552750 Aug 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Get thee behind me ya spiritually inept clown.
Now THAT was a low blow, but as Gif has a bullet-proof Protestantized armor, I guarantee he will back with more scriptures that let you know you are EVIL. He's a master with those scriptures.

:)

Location hidden

#552751 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Golly Gee ... you are in an OFF mood today.
I think I better steer clear of your spiritual LOVE.
Nope. I just get a little fed up from time to time with clowns who fail to listen and read what is being communicated because they are too wound up in assuming and planning their next post before even absorbing what was said.
Yeah June, you are one of the worst offenders in that regard.

You fail to listen to others, keep insisting that what someone is telling you is a lie, go right on as if the other person had not even responded, and then act holier than they, because your own mind is locked, cocked, and ready to rock against them..
You beat dead horses ... apparently for fun.
You add things to what others say. You delete things that others say. You rewrite what others say, and then trash them based upon how >YOU< wish to portray your opponents.

You wear out irrelevant moot points to the position of insanity and ridiculousness. You post non-related crap from "scholars" that have no business talking about spirituality, because they have no openness to it and berate those who do.

Your closemindedness toward, and hatred of all those, who choose other paths from you is distasteful and unbecoming.

Location hidden

#552752 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been told that I have a lot of things (such as bullshit) in me ... but never a spaceship!
That's a new one.
Yeah, that's it June, keep avoiding and deflecting from the point.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#552753 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”
&#8213; William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
~~~
(ALL OF YOU POST IS AS)
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”
&#8213; William Shakespeare, Macbeth

Prince George, Canada

#552754 Aug 2, 2014
I figured that if a creator meant to love humans, he never would have whispered negative thoughts in the ears of mortal men ... and therefore there wouldn't be anything negative in any religious literature.

There were over two hundred death penalties taken by men from the bible and applied into the laws of the land.

Homosexuals and countless others were put to death because of the existence of bible.

It's a nasty book ... because the men that authorized the book WERE nasty.

Prince George, Canada

#552755 Aug 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where wisdom enters the picture.
<quoted text>
What's so funny June?
Did you again assume something and read more into what was written than was actually written?
Did you run your trolley off the track again and predecide that I said something I did not?
Did you again assume that saying "wisdom enters the picture" means something entirely different than what it simply means?
Did you again automatically decide that I meant that one must join a church to be saved? Is that it again June?
Tell us what is so funny about that statement June.
Do you actually believe that humans are WISE???

That is what I find is so funny.

For humans to believe that "souls" and "spirits" attach them to gods, while non-human animals don't have that "attachment" ... bespeaks of what I perceive is utter ignorance.

Prince George, Canada

#552756 Aug 2, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
(ALL OF YOU POST IS AS)
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”
I quoted Shakespeare's take on the comedy that the devil can quote scripture through vain humans.

If you don't see a concept of truth in Shakespeare's quote then I suggest you missed his sardonic wit.

Prince George, Canada

#552757 Aug 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's it June, keep avoiding and deflecting from the point.
If you want me to appreciate your poetic analogy that I have a shape ship in my, I did appreciate the humor. I most certainly don't relate to having a literal space ship in me, if that is your concern.

#552758 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT was a low blow, but as Gif has a bullet-proof Protestantized armor, I guarantee he will back with more scriptures that let you know you are EVIL. He's a master with those scriptures.
YOU ARE RIGHT I DO HAVE AND ARMOUR

AND I WEAR IT WITH HONOR AS A SOLDIER IN THE ARMY OF THE MOST HIGH GOD..

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Prince George, Canada

#552759 Aug 2, 2014
If a human is born without any ability to follow a religious theology ... then from a religious "standpoint" ... what is the purpose of that human to BE born?

I suggest that humans in religion place far too much importance on nonsense!

Prince George, Canada

#552760 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Yup! You don't have to convince me that if you had lived in Martin Luther's era and he wanted you to go kill some Catholic heretics ... you would have had your weapons at the ready.

No doubt about it in my mind.

Homosexuals would have had to hide in their closets.

#552761 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted Shakespeare's take on the comedy that the devil can quote scripture through vain humans.
If you don't see a concept of truth in Shakespeare's quote then I suggest you missed his sardonic wit.
~~~

“But tis strange: And oftentimes, to win us to our harm, the Instruments of Darkness tell us truths, win us with honest trifles, to betray's in deepest consequence.”

Prince George, Canada

#552762 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Your choice of scriptures bespeaks of how you perceive others as WICKED, and your SELF as HOLY.

You can't see that you are lopped sided, as your EGO is so HUGE as to not let you see beyond it.
>>>>>>> >>>>

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

#552763 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! You don't have to convince me that if you had lived in Martin Luther's era and he wanted you to go kill some Catholic heretics ... you would have had your weapons at the ready.
No doubt about it in my mind.
Homosexuals would have had to hide in their closets.
MY PROTECTION IS

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

MY SWORD IS THE WORD OF GOD ...

Heb_4:12 For the word of God is quick, and

powerful, and

sharper than any twoedged sword

, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and

of the joints and marrow, and

is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Prince George, Canada

#552764 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
“But tis strange: And oftentimes, to win us to our harm, the Instruments of Darkness tell us truths, win us with honest trifles, to betray's in deepest consequence.”
I suggest Shakespeare was making FUN of the arrogance of those IN religion. He used to baffle the theologians with his wit. They never knew if he was supporting religion or making a mockery of religion.

Double-talking works that way, as you can take any meaning you desire from words.

W.C. Fields —'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.'

Prince George, Canada

#552765 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
MY PROTECTION IS
Your "projection" is that others are evil and you are holy.

Prince George, Canada

#552766 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
MY SWORD IS THE WORD OF GOD ...
How obnoxious!

Prince George, Canada

#552767 Aug 2, 2014
"Revealed" Religions and Mental Illness

For example, the case of Andrea Yates who murdered her five little children because she thought Satan had possessed her and was soon going to possess her children. In her twisted Bible based mind, if she murdered her children before "the age of accountability" they would all go to heaven. She thought she'd be executed for the murders and Satan would die with her.

http://www.deism.com/religionmentalillness.ht...

Prince George, Canada

#552768 Aug 2, 2014
"Revealed" Religions and Mental Illness

In a similar case which stinks of the Bible story of God telling Abraham to kill his son (Genesis 22:1-12), Deanna Laney (pictured at left in her mug shot and still covered in the blood of her innocent and helpless children) murdered two of her little boys by stoning them to death and then severely handicapped her third little boy. She did this because she thought God wanted her to do it to "prove her complete and unconditional faith in Him."

http://www.deism.com/religionmentalillness.ht ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Lumatrix 839,204
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 58 min morgo 7
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Tony17 100,016
Pavani Group Reviews 1 hr Namrata 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 4,477
St Clair County IL DCFS (Sep '14) 2 hr wronglyaccused3 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 2 hr quilterqueen 1,425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 271,353
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web