Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603253 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552755 Aug 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where wisdom enters the picture.
<quoted text>
What's so funny June?
Did you again assume something and read more into what was written than was actually written?
Did you run your trolley off the track again and predecide that I said something I did not?
Did you again assume that saying "wisdom enters the picture" means something entirely different than what it simply means?
Did you again automatically decide that I meant that one must join a church to be saved? Is that it again June?
Tell us what is so funny about that statement June.
Do you actually believe that humans are WISE???

That is what I find is so funny.

For humans to believe that "souls" and "spirits" attach them to gods, while non-human animals don't have that "attachment" ... bespeaks of what I perceive is utter ignorance.

Prince George, Canada

#552756 Aug 2, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
(ALL OF YOU POST IS AS)
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”
&#8213; William Shakespeare, Macbeth
I quoted Shakespeare's take on the comedy that the devil can quote scripture through vain humans.

If you don't see a concept of truth in Shakespeare's quote then I suggest you missed his sardonic wit.

Prince George, Canada

#552757 Aug 2, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's it June, keep avoiding and deflecting from the point.
If you want me to appreciate your poetic analogy that I have a shape ship in my, I did appreciate the humor. I most certainly don't relate to having a literal space ship in me, if that is your concern.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#552758 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT was a low blow, but as Gif has a bullet-proof Protestantized armor, I guarantee he will back with more scriptures that let you know you are EVIL. He's a master with those scriptures.
:)
YOU ARE RIGHT I DO HAVE AND ARMOUR

AND I WEAR IT WITH HONOR AS A SOLDIER IN THE ARMY OF THE MOST HIGH GOD..

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Prince George, Canada

#552759 Aug 2, 2014
If a human is born without any ability to follow a religious theology ... then from a religious "standpoint" ... what is the purpose of that human to BE born?

I suggest that humans in religion place far too much importance on nonsense!

Prince George, Canada

#552760 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Yup! You don't have to convince me that if you had lived in Martin Luther's era and he wanted you to go kill some Catholic heretics ... you would have had your weapons at the ready.

No doubt about it in my mind.

Homosexuals would have had to hide in their closets.

#552761 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted Shakespeare's take on the comedy that the devil can quote scripture through vain humans.
If you don't see a concept of truth in Shakespeare's quote then I suggest you missed his sardonic wit.
~~~

“But tis strange: And oftentimes, to win us to our harm, the Instruments of Darkness tell us truths, win us with honest trifles, to betray's in deepest consequence.”

Prince George, Canada

#552762 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Your choice of scriptures bespeaks of how you perceive others as WICKED, and your SELF as HOLY.

You can't see that you are lopped sided, as your EGO is so HUGE as to not let you see beyond it.
>>>>>>> >>>>

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

#552763 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! You don't have to convince me that if you had lived in Martin Luther's era and he wanted you to go kill some Catholic heretics ... you would have had your weapons at the ready.
No doubt about it in my mind.
Homosexuals would have had to hide in their closets.
MY PROTECTION IS

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

MY SWORD IS THE WORD OF GOD ...

Heb_4:12 For the word of God is quick, and

powerful, and

sharper than any twoedged sword

, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and

of the joints and marrow, and

is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Prince George, Canada

#552764 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
“But tis strange: And oftentimes, to win us to our harm, the Instruments of Darkness tell us truths, win us with honest trifles, to betray's in deepest consequence.”
I suggest Shakespeare was making FUN of the arrogance of those IN religion. He used to baffle the theologians with his wit. They never knew if he was supporting religion or making a mockery of religion.

Double-talking works that way, as you can take any meaning you desire from words.

W.C. Fields —'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.'

Prince George, Canada

#552765 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
MY PROTECTION IS
Your "projection" is that others are evil and you are holy.

Prince George, Canada

#552766 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>
MY SWORD IS THE WORD OF GOD ...
How obnoxious!

Prince George, Canada

#552767 Aug 2, 2014
"Revealed" Religions and Mental Illness

For example, the case of Andrea Yates who murdered her five little children because she thought Satan had possessed her and was soon going to possess her children. In her twisted Bible based mind, if she murdered her children before "the age of accountability" they would all go to heaven. She thought she'd be executed for the murders and Satan would die with her.

http://www.deism.com/religionmentalillness.ht...

Prince George, Canada

#552768 Aug 2, 2014
"Revealed" Religions and Mental Illness

In a similar case which stinks of the Bible story of God telling Abraham to kill his son (Genesis 22:1-12), Deanna Laney (pictured at left in her mug shot and still covered in the blood of her innocent and helpless children) murdered two of her little boys by stoning them to death and then severely handicapped her third little boy. She did this because she thought God wanted her to do it to "prove her complete and unconditional faith in Him."

http://www.deism.com/religionmentalillness.ht ...
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#552769 Aug 2, 2014
Pope Frances is pushing hard to promote a one world religion. Now, plans for a church of Chrislam is underway. IMO, we are seeing prophecy unfold before our eyes.

For First Time In History Islamic Prayers To Be Held At The Vatican
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/08/first-ti...

Al Arabyia News

For the first time in history, Islamic prayers and readings from the Quran will be heard at the Vatican on Sunday, in a move by Pope Francis to usher in peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

Francis issued the invitation to Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas during his visit last week to Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian Authority.

21 June 2014
BBC News, Berlin
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27872551

Berlin thinks it is making religious history as Muslims, Jews and Christians join hands to build a place where they can all worship. The House of One, as it is being called, will be a synagogue, a church and a mosque under one roof.

An architecture competition has been held and the winner chosen. The striking design is for a brick building with a tall, square central tower. Off the courtyard below will be the houses of worship for the three faiths - the synagogue, the church and the mosque. It is to occupy a prominent site - Petriplatz - in the heart of Berlin.

The location is highly significant, according to one of the three religious leaders involved, Rabbi Tovia Ben Chorin. "From my Jewish point of view the city where Jewish suffering was planned is now the city where a centre is being built by the three monotheistic religions which shaped European culture," he told the BBC.

The imam involved, Kadir Sanci, sees the House of One as "a sign, a signal to the world that the great majority of Muslims are peaceful and not violent". It's also, he says, a place where different cultures can learn from each other.

What is Chrislam?
http://carm.org/what-is-chrislam
by Matt Slick

Chrislam is the attempt to combine the teachings and practices of Christianity and Islam. As a movement, it began in Nigeria in the 1980s with Shamsuddin Sada, a religious leader who was born a Muslim but became a Christian. He sought to teach the common themes between the two religions. Unfortunately, the movement has been spreading. In Chrislam, both the Bible and the Quran are recognized as inspired holy texts, and during worship services readings from both books are given. One of the premises of Chrislam is the God of Christianity and the God of Islam are the same with different manifestations.

Chrislam is a dangerous theological blending of both Christianity and Islam. It is not logically possible to combine them because they are mutually exclusive. For example, the Bible says that Jesus is the only way, truth, and life (John 14:6), where Islam denies that. The Bible says that Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14; Colossians 2:9), which is denied by Islam. Christianity says that Jesus was crucified on the cross and rose from the dead three days later, and Islam denies this. Christianity says that salvation is by grace through faith without works (Romans 3:28; 4:1-5; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9). Islam denies this. Christianity teaches that God is a Trinity where Islam denies it.

There is no reconciling the differences between Christianity and Islam. Though it's possible for both groups to live in peace (peace which is taught by Christianity), Islam unfortunately is not a religion of peace but of dominance. Since it openly denies the essentials of the Christian faith, and since it also declares that it is the one true religion that must dominate the planet, we as Christians must be very wary of any combination of Christianity and Islam. This is, unfortunately, another deception.

Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

#552770 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest Shakespeare was making FUN of the arrogance of those IN religion. He used to baffle the theologians with his wit. They never knew if he was supporting religion or making a mockery of religion.
Double-talking works that way, as you can take any meaning you desire from words.
W.C. Fields —'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.'
~~~

GOD'S WORD IS ETERNAL WITH NOT DOUBLE TALK...IN MERCY OR IN JUDGMENT...

Psa_119:89 . For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

GOD SAID THROUGH HIS PROPHET
Isa_55:11 So shall my word be....... that goeth forth out of my mouth:

it shall not return unto me void, but

it shall accomplish that which I please, and

it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

.Psa 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Psa 103:9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

Psa 103:10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

Psa 103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Psa 103:13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

Psa 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Psa 103:15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

Psa 103:16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
Psa 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Pro_29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#552771 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it Robert. If a god created spirits ... he KNEW when he created the spirit of Satan that Satan would ultimately be EVIL. That means that the god INTENDED Satan to be EVIL.
That means that the god that created Satan is EVIL.
You can choose to worship the image of an evil god ... but I will pass!!!
June

Believe me or not, I have thought about it.

Satan is not Evil. But Satan does evil. That is Satan chooses deception and lies as the means of operation.

For us on earth, we see this in a limited temporal way, for Satan as well as angels do operate within this part of Creation.

Your rejection of eternity(whatever lay forever) is not a basis for rejection that deception and lies exist. After all you accuse me of this all the time.

Location hidden

#552772 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's WHY you insist on staying IN Catholicism???
It's Easy for you to dine on that word SALVATION as being your HOST.
I understand. You want to avoid hell and the devil that you are certain is REAL.
I never did believe that nonsense.
June

I think you are the one insisting that I stay IN the RCC!!!

It makes it easier for you to avoid my beliefs in God accepting all people.

Haven't you met some person that chooses destruction? Well where do you think they want to be, heaven or hell?

Location hidden

#552773 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget to mention to Protestant Rozez that Jesus will reject her to hell ... which is the REAL Catholic FAITH.
It's too late to try to mend a bridge that was first created out of lies.
June

I don't mention such a prospect to Rosez because I don't believe that.

I am sure many RCs would, and vice versa. This forum demonstrates that belief It is one of the things that keeps you going on forum. Right?

For awhile, I tried to make peace between those of entrenched opposite beliefs on this forum. But I found to my dismay that it is not going to happen. Some people hold their beliefs as supreme in their lives. But that is self-deception of the highest order in my opinion.

Location hidden

#552774 Aug 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they are religious, politicians don't believe that a god ordains killing.
That mind-SET FALLS under the stupidity OF religion.
June

So you don't think that politician's in government send kids off to war and kill?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min It aint necessari... 879,161
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 272,885
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 41,145
gay at ghaziabad (Jul '14) 2 hr Rohot 11
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 hr Ruby88 53,491
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr ashokS 574
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? (Nov '14) 3 hr sanjay 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 7 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
More from around the web