Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683812 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Sherlayne

United States

#553009 Aug 4, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Yes
Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
I thank you

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#553010 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>All practitioners of New Age have their reward in what they find out in realms beyond themselves.But as a believer in Yeshua(Jesus),I choose His way that warns me not to take part in any form of occult practice,eckankar, hypnosis,spirit travel,necromancy and the like. Christ does not need to join with time travelers as He sits on the right hand of His Father,and all is subject to Him. He does not want His people to partake in such practices as Mind-control,and so on. All of which is subject to the spirits of the fallen angels that followed Lucifer,and forsook the ONLY ONE and true God. It is the JOY of the LORD that is the strength of the believer,not dabbling in religious rites of practices that promote the Occult.
Then you still don't have the capacity to believe in all of what he taught, thus you lack - per your own account - "faith in a complete Jesus".

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught? Do you think men were more knowledgeable about what Jesus taught - than Jesus himself?

Please post where "God" has specifically stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not, in order to know you are only reading what "God" presented?

Please be specific and honest in your response.

Albuquerque, NM

#553011 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>He will only be recognized by the Nail scars on His hands and His feet.
Since you are so sure of this....please post the passage by Jesus that reflects this.

Albuquerque, NM

#553012 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good post. I didn't read the link, but God created time ITSELF for us...he is outside or inside of time if He chooses
. Why would Jesus even need time travellers ?
I fear it is likely that those who let themselves dabble in these things,May very well be playing with fire.and bad spirit s,as you say ..these psychics today and the so called old gods the pagans,worshipped, May very well be as those spirits,banished by Jesus,Christ or even more powerful ones. But they are NOT OF GOD ..JESUS,IS,LORD ..
Why do you think you know the mind of "God"? When it is very clear you don't.

- "but God created time ITSELF for us..." - unproven
- "he is outside or inside of time if He chooses" - unproven
- "But they are NOT OF GOD" - if your "God" created everything - then "God" also created those beings.

First suggestion for you to abide by - don't think you know the mind of "God".

You don't. And an honest person would admit this. Your posts shows you think you do know these things.

How 'bout being a bit more honest and admit that you don't.
Sherlayne

United States

#553013 Aug 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
Just as does the poster New Age Spiritual Leader believe that his HOLY group of Christians were the first Christians.
New Age writes:
This is untrue. I've never stated this, so please do go on telling others that these are my words.
And you think others are ignorant and arrogant?
Look in the mirror.
RCC only true church? So says the Vatican? Now there's an unbiased source! What a joke. The RCC has a very bloody history. Plus stupidity...look up The Cadaver Synod -
it's hilarious.
CATHOLIC PICNIC

Louisville, KY

#553014 Aug 4, 2014
Is this the bash the RCC forum ? If so, I don't want any part of it.

Catholics believe in a live and let live doctrine. God bless all you good Christians out there and don't forget to spin the wheel, throw dice, play some cards, have a beer and watch the kids have fun at the next picnic. It all goes to a good cause. Peace.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553015 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I take it June you skipped the verse of Scripture where Jesus states
I skipped ALL scripture as being nothing but the huffing and puffing of male human-animals, and that includes ALL scriptures written by men of Christian "orientation."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553016 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Just as does the poster New Age Spiritual Leader believe that his HOLY group of Christians were the first Christians.
New Age writes:
This is untrue. I've never stated this, so please do go on telling others that these are my words.
Then why do you keep preaching at others that you KNOW what was meant by the teachings of Jesus, while they are still TOO dumb TO know?

To make such a BOLD statement, you MUST believe you are aligned to absolute knowledge that came BEFORE other groups such as the Catholics and Protestants messed with the REAL Christianity.

And your avatar is the clincher. WOW! Heavy stuff! "New Age Spiritual Leader."

... aligned to the OLD AGE knowledge-able spiritual leader.

According to you, there's nothing dumb ABOUT you.

However, I suggest others disagree.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553017 Aug 4, 2014
CATHOLIC PICNIC wrote:
Catholics believe in a live and let live doctrine..
WOW!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553018 Aug 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Then you still don't have the capacity to believe in all of what he taught, thus you lack - per your own account - "faith in a complete Jesus".
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Why don't YOU believe in all of what Jesus taught New Age!.........Let's begin with John 6:47-59 regarding Jesus' TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD when HE said "for unless you eat my body which is REAL FOOD and drink my blood which is REAL DRINK---------you CANNOT have Eternal life!.........or Jesus Christs " own spoken words in Matthew 16:13-21 when Jesus appointed Peter to be HIS earthly representative "You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.... To you Peter I give the keys to the kingdom of heaven ---whatever you bind on earth Peter will be bound in heaven---and whatever you shall loosed on earth shall be lost in heaven.....Face the historical and biblical " TRUE facts" New Age!!! You are a bible " self interpreting "smoke blower" living on your own " isolated island, all the while "fighting, arguing, bitching, complaining and name calling as to how YOU (are the ONLY one that has got it right and the rest of your other other 41,999 are idiots, imbicells, and stupid !'

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553019 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I did not want to go back beyond a couple of pages to see what is posted.You have like faith as I do,and it will be always contested RoSesz, Not because we have it all together,but because many do not realize that the supernatural is beyond them,and as long as they cling to only what is in their circumference,they will not be open to the supernatural.It is like anything humans do on a daily basis.If one wants to join the YMCA for an exercise program,but never go to the facility near them to sign up,they will not KNOW what it is like to exercise on a routine basis,and to look and feel better in the long run. And thus, complaints will build up in their conscience,and even guilt,because they never followed through.
Following Christ is literally taking a risk. What happens to many believers is that they stop as soon as they are confronted by the Supernatural,and they would rather just believe in the articles of faith,rather than to experience them in their lives.
Thank you for your post,I am going to work shortly.Beautiful day here in my city! Don't ever let what is said on these posts to interfere with your relationship with the Lord!
Peace to you also Pad ..hope your work day went well
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553020 Aug 4, 2014
To those in their favorite religious cults, the word "scripture" denotes HOLY messages sent and received intact from the spirit realm to earthlings.

But in its shortened form, the word script is used in Hollywood to create drama.

I suggest that religion is also based on imaginary drama.

Note the word "productions" in the follower "liturgy."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Buddhist Scriptures

This section is an overview of the Buddhist Scriptures by Ven. Sayadaw U Sobhana, with an article on "Collecting the Tipitaka" which is the history of the first rehearsal of the Tipitaka. Included is an explanation of the Tibetan Canon and the Chinese Tripitaka which is composed mainly of Mahayana scriptures of the second 500 years, yet translations were not restricted to scriptures of this middle period. The Chinese Tripitaka also possesses a wealth of works of early Buddhism as a good portion of the later productions.

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/sutras.ht...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553021 Aug 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Why do you think you know the mind of "God"? When it is very clear you don't.
- "but God created time ITSELF for us..." - unproven
- "he is outside or inside of time if He chooses" - unproven
- "But they are NOT OF GOD" - if your "God" created everything - then "God" also created those beings.
First suggestion for you to abide by - don't think you know the mind of "God".
You don't. And an honest person would admit this. Your posts shows you think you do know these things.
How 'bout being a bit more honest and admit that you don't.
Partly correct .
While I don't know how or why God does what He does...you are correct..by Faith we know

He is the Creator , He being the Creator of everything has no need of time...he created all dimensions . The earth rotates passing time , he created all of it .

So yes He did create time..and existed BEFORE TIME .. my assumption is that He being all powerful can move about it , HIS CREATION, as He wishes ...
Chess

Dublin, OH

#553022 Aug 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me..
I'm always happy to help the feeble minded, thief.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553023 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Partly correct .
While I don't know how or why God does what He does...you are correct..by Faith we know
By faith you KNOW that a god loves you???

What faith is invested in the idea that a god doesn't love you, as is the stance of the Catholics on this forum that are certain you must BE Catholic in order for the "god" to love you???

Does only YOUR FAITH "matter?"

You must believe that YOU and YOUR FAITH are the center of a god's universe.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553024 Aug 4, 2014
As a child I could have had complete faith in the idea that Catholics would end up in eternal hell. However ... I refused that OFFER.

To have faith in something that we were taught, amounts to nothing more than that we have faith in what we were taught.

So WHAT???
>>>>>>> >>>>

faith

complete trust or confidence in someone or something

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict-...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553025 Aug 4, 2014
I have no duty to fulfill my trust or faith in words written by theologians.

My duty to me was to ask questions of WHY theologians WANTED me to have trust and faith in their words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

faith

"duty of fulfilling one's trust,"

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553026 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It all depends, IMO, on if his,purpose is that we worship in peace with others, OR comingle our separate faiths,, this is what we must watch for. I'm not convinced this,last is his purpose.
But should it become what we watch for , that would mean he DENY Jesus as Lord, which I don't see in his,words.
..WATCH ..is what we are to do .
Being peaceful, respectful , NOT killing is,a good thing .
I do question the RCC if it sides with the Palestinians,over Israel.again we must see .
Having services in Arabic language is,not a bad thing if it helps those of Arabic origin to love Jesus as Saviour.
Scripture points to a one world quasi religion eventually, but THEY DO NOT WORSHIP JESUS , but a false messiah
Again we shall surely recognize this If we are Christian.
Wanting peace among people is not wrong.
Respecting beliefs not wrong.
Making up for past wrongs is not wrong.
And focussing on the fact the Catholics and other Christians,believe and profess in the same Lord Jesus,Christ is not wrong ......could very well be a good thing ...LOOK at us here . There,are things,WE DO have in common . Belief in CHRIST Crucified, the Resurrection to name two ...yet we argue constantly ...(.in some cases like your current argument you will never win ..over exact phrasing of the same idea ...kind of like spinning wheels in one location , fruitless )
Again, we SHALL SEE ...on your bigger point .
As for Chrislam , that sounds more in keeping with your justified fears....
Blessings
Justified fears? What does that mean? Jesus told us to watch, therefore, it can only be in our best interest to do so.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553027 Aug 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always happy to help the feeble minded, thief.
Am not feeble minded....why are you not showing me proof of your false accusation..lying snake
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553028 Aug 4, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Justified fears? What does that mean? Jesus told us to watch, therefore, it can only be in our best interest to do so.
If a Hindu theologian raised you and taught you that Krishna wanted you to "watch" ... what would you be watching?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 34 min andet1987 23
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 52 min Aura Mytha 16,451
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 5 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 5 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
More from around the web