Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552968 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nice dreams do not mean you are free from being responsible for your own soul.
I don't believe in the existence of a soul or a spirit.

I believe as occurs with other animals I am driven by emotions, and that I am responsible for "hopefully" controlling my emotions, so I don't bite others as a pit-bull does when in a bad mood.

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552969 Aug 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you KNEW what the Bible says, you might learn to grow. you think that you are a mature Person but you are lacking in what "thus saith the Lord.
James 1;8 explains clearly what I am telling you about people like Robert.
So we are not to be as the wind,going in many different directions,that is fact.It stands to reason that our faith is in a PERSON,not in isms. When a person states that the Lord Himself is in his life,and he relies on the direction of the Lord,who are we to do anything but to encourage? I highly doubt that the Lord Jesus Himself would have admonished me for reaching out to a brother.

How often in the Gospels of Matthew,Mark,Luke and John do we see the Lord Himself encourage and exalt those of faith"In all of Israel I have not seen such faith......" We as believers who have the character of Christ are called to LOVE,show MERCY,and to walk humbly before our God,I will remain the same in that as I embrace those truths for my own life as well. What is having the character of Christ? AND just how do you think we come by such?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552970 Aug 3, 2014
On my avatar it states 2009, but that was when I registered with Topix. I actually started posting in 2006.

Before I registered, to irritate me, people were continually posting in my name and it became confusing for other posters as they didn't know who was writing which posts.

That was a lesson for me that people can write anything and pretend that someone else was the author.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552971 Aug 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
What would I possible have to duck from a proven thief, thief?
Accused but never proven...you are ducking the truth...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552972 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
< I highly doubt that the Lord Jesus Himself would have admonished me for reaching out to a brother.
If a Muslim reached out to you as a brother and wanted you to leave Christianity and join Islam, would you be flattered, or insulted?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552973 Aug 3, 2014
The popular Broadway show, currently in its third year, features a song performed by a Mormon missionary who includes the alleged afterlife planet in a number about his beliefs:

"I believe that God has a plan for all of us. I believe that plan involved me getting my own planet... I believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob."

http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014/02/mormon...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552974 Aug 3, 2014
This person admits that a belief is different than a claim to know universal truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Death and Dying from a Native-American Perspective *

I personally believe in reincarnation. When I say this, I am not speaking for all Native Americans.

http://www.humanehealthcare.com/Article.asp...
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#552975 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We as believers all have a measure of faith.Christ makes the difference,in one it may seem dim,in others it is vibrant,but together we can all bring the dim ones to a brilliance,we can all share in Christ. I remember posts with Robert years ago,when he was a muslim,and also when he went atheist for awhile. But now as only Christ can be His source,he claims to be a believer. I do not have to know him personally to evaluate his walk,I encourage him,as is the gift the Lord has given me to do. My calling him a flake would be a detriment to my own soul at this point, so I choose to call him a brother in Christ,as our Lord is not divided,we are perhaps,but HE is not.
I will tell you that truthfully I claim no stock or credence as it were in Protestantism. Nor do I claim any more to being a Catholic. As there is no Jew,or Greek,or man or woman in Christ,there is no Protestant,Catholic or Orthodox in Christ,if HE is our portion,we are ONE in Him,it is as simple as that. Christ is not divided!
Amen

Your gifted with words Pad, always blessing the board with your wisdom, love you.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552976 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Muslim reached out to you as a brother and wanted you to leave Christianity and join Islam, would you be flattered, or insulted?
Neither flattered nor insulted.Because he has every right to want to see me in what he would see as a viable source of salvation for my life.He naturally was taught that his religion is the truth,and I understand that. I consider it a challenge, and commendable on his or her part to want me to hear about Islam from his or her perspective.

Since you brought up this question June,I have discussed with Muslims my views concerning Islam,because I have a Koran(Qu'ran),and spent many hours reading it over a period of time years ago. There are the comparable stories of Joseph,Moses,Abraham, and Mary(also Jesus,Isa),Zacharias and Elizabeth. All of which have major dis-similarities in comparing them with the accounts in the Bible.

The biggest problem with talking with a Muslim is that they are so closed to the person who is discussing the issue with them,and especially if the person brings out a debate in knowing both whole sections of the Koran,and of course knowing the Bible itself.If you act as a deaf mute as it were and just allow that Muslim to expound on the subject of Islam,the person is very favorable to you.Muslims especially the men can get quite upset and nasty over the subject matter if you show any knowledge at all.

I have been in discussions with Muslims,Jews,Hindus,Bahais,and Buddhists.Orthodox Jews are a lot like the Muslims,you have to just shut up and listen to their whole take,you are wrong and no matter what you say about Jesus,to an Orthodox Jew( he is a bastard,and his mother is a whore) end of subject. The Hindus,and Buddhists are usually quite open to dialogue and are willing to hear your side. The Bahais are vehement against Christians as well,but will discuss with more a patient attitude,but they favor Islam over Christianity,even though they feel that Christ is somewhat supernatural.

I have learned a lot from discussions with people from other religions.AND years ago when younger I did feel intimidated,because I did not understand my own faith enough to see why Jesus deserves my full commitment and love.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552977 Aug 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Your gifted with words Pad, always blessing the board with your wisdom, love you.
Thank you Marge,but that is only because HE makes the difference.Without Him I am really a sounding brass,clanging and noisy,undisciplined and whatever else I could come up with.

But I receive your love in Christ,as He makes all the difference."Christ in you the hope of glory." So if He is in fact in you through the Holy Spirit,that LOVE or Agape He has,comes through you to me,and vice versa. Thanks again marge!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#552978 Aug 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Accused but never proven...you are ducking the truth...
Nonsense.

It's been proven repeatedly.

Thief.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#552979 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>All practitioners of New Age have their reward in what they find out in realms beyond themselves.But as a believer in Yeshua(Jesus),I choose His way that warns me not to take part in any form of occult practice,eckankar, hypnosis,spirit travel,necromancy and the like. Christ does not need to join with time travelers as He sits on the right hand of His Father,and all is subject to Him. He does not want His people to partake in such practices as Mind-control,and so on. All of which is subject to the spirits of the fallen angels that followed Lucifer,and forsook the ONLY ONE and true God. It is the JOY of the LORD that is the strength of the believer,not dabbling in religious rites of practices that promote the Occult.
We do not need wizards,or practitioners who mix elements together to either appease or offend spirit beings that do not come from Yahweh,the LORD of Hosts. We don't need potions,and formulas to ward off physical maladies,and or tormented spirits. But what we need is to take the LORD at His Word,and to BELIEVE that He is able to Keep us from falling,and that by the stripes of our Lord Jesus Christ at Calvary,we are healed.His precious blood is that which took on the penalty for all sin,and we can obtain MERCY through the Merits of Jesus Christ and His great sacrifice on the Cross.He will only be recognized by the Nail scars on His hands and His feet. Not by glossy words of smooth oil and dazzling rites of passage,initiations,and incantations.
Very good post. I didn't read the link, but God created time ITSELF for us...he is outside or inside of time if He chooses
. Why would Jesus even need time travellers ?
I fear it is likely that those who let themselves dabble in these things,May very well be playing with fire.and bad spirit s,as you say ..these psychics today and the so called old gods the pagans,worshipped, May very well be as those spirits,banished by Jesus,Christ or even more powerful ones. But they are NOT OF GOD ..JESUS,IS,LORD ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#552980 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
Sorry I did not complete the thought about God not wanting to destroy whole civilizations for their sins,I mean basically He does not want to use the same methods He did in the past,as read in the Old Testament. He chooses now to challenge the Nations to accept His Son of Glory,who through His sacrifice took on the penalty of destruction for sin and death.
He the LORD chooses to show a MERCY that is longsuffering and full of compassion,through the Merits of the Living Christ.Although we do know that many individuals and nations have been judged with various things through the ages. God still calls all men to repentance through the CROSS,that is why we preach the gospel today and in the past. It is His will to bring us to His Son,who is the total fulfillment of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.ALL LOVE,Hope,Peace and Joy.
The wrath of God will fall no doubt on the wicked who choose to completely reject His Love,so that they can gain the riches of this world and to imprison all the masses to do their bidding, through slave labor and being subject to totalitarian rule,rather than the Kingdom of the Father. Satan is real and he does intend to imprison the souls of all human kind for his own purposes,we have yet to see what is coming upon us all. That is why we believers constantly hope and pray for the swift return of the Lord Jesus.
It is either the loving Kingdom of the Father in Christ, or the slave kingdom of Satan,that robs,kills and destroys the hopes and aspirations of all people of good will. History has shown us the might of the evil one,and today in the valley of decision we are called to choose the kingdom of LIGHT over the kingdom of Darkness. It is obvious,open up our eyes,look at the middle east,look at Putin and what he wants to do again to the Ukraine(which does not want to be ruled by the Russians),HISTORY repeats itself.
It is not the Will of a Loving Father to cause all to worship Him through an unjust system that is being thrown at all peoples through ISLAM.Islam is typical of human control,using a religious system distorted by false teachings about the Will of God. If one would read the Qu'ran and compare it to the Bible(Old and New Test.) it is very obvious that Muhammad distorted the teachings of the Bible to promote his brand of religious fervor for All'ah.
We have to study these things,not just listen to what opinions one has in interviews on the Networks. Islam for instance claims to be a religion of peace,well yes they are,a religion of peace only for those who are Muslims,but even the Muslim peoples around the world see that their Imams promote the killing of Muslims to further the return of their Mahdi.
It is important that we be informed these days,more than ever,or else like so many,we will go with every direction of the wind!
have missed your posts,.

If God does,NOT force us to believe and choose Him..how,vain ANY religion to force belief in itself supposedly in God's name .

I agree on the,Jews cleansing the land God gave them from those who sacrificed children.

I think of Isaac in this, Abraham had FAITH in GODS,promise that he would have many descendants through Isaac , yet he tied him to the altar .....FOREVER MEMORIALIZING THAT GOD DOES,NOT WISH CHILDREN TO BE SACRIFICED .....

No human, save Jesus, could qualify as a perfect offering and HE willingly gave Himself , IN OUR PLACE . The,only perfect lamb slain for the sins,of man..
How,much simpler and less painful, if HE FORCED us,into subjugation..HE DOES NOT not should ANY RELIGION...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552981 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<The biggest problem with talking with a Muslim is that they are so closed to the person who is discussing the issue with them,and especially if the person brings out a debate in knowing both whole sections of the Koran,and of course knowing the Bible itself.If you act as a deaf mute as it were and just allow that Muslim to expound on the subject of Islam,the person is very favorable to you.Muslims especially the men can get quite upset and nasty over the subject matter if you show any knowledge at all.
I have been in discussions with Muslims,Jews,Hindus,Bahais,and Buddhists.Orthodox Jews are a lot like the Muslims,you have to just shut up and listen to their whole take,you are wrong and no matter what you say about Jesus,to an Orthodox Jew( he is a bastard,and his mother is a whore) end of subject. The Hindus,and Buddhists are usually quite open to dialogue and are willing to hear your side. The Bahais are vehement against Christians as well,but will discuss with more a patient attitude,but they favor Islam over Christianity,even though they feel that Christ is somewhat supernatural.
I have learned a lot from discussions with people from other religions.AND years ago when younger I did feel intimidated,because I did not understand my own faith enough to see why Jesus deserves my full commitment and love.
All of you were trying to impress upon each other that you were committed ONLY to your own religious systems of belief.

That is why religion is incapable of creating any semblance of peace.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552982 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Marge,but that is only because HE makes the difference.Without Him I am really a sounding brass,clanging and noisy,undisciplined and whatever else I could come up with.
Marge flatters you, because she relates to what you post.

To me, you are simply another preacher that allowed male-created literature to go to your ego and in turn spew out the idea that you know universal truth and others that disagree with you are false prophets.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#552983 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when I was young, I tended to not to worry my self about the repercussions of my behaviors.
Now I am more observant of monitoring my selfish behavior.
However, I know that if push came to shove, I could be VERY selfish ... even to the point of killing other humans.
To know thy self is to know that one cannot know the self until hot-buttons are pushed. The problem is, that then it is often too late to undo what one has done.
June

I would agree with you that in general I did not take into consideration the repercussions of what I thought and did on those around me. It is just the vigor of youth that overcomes, what later becomes a more thoughtful course of action.(Although some I have met are single-mindedly bent on full steam ahead.)

I have been in the position of push coming to shove, it is sort of like having the aches and pains, illnesses, of old age. One desires they not have them, but accept them, and move on.

So maybe you are more anxious about possibilities, than the reality which will come?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552984 Aug 4, 2014
Most religions put forth the basic idea that we should never do unto others that which we don't want done to ourselves.

Yet most humans in religion want to foist their own beliefs off on others as being based on universal truth and in turn "instruct" the others that their religions are false.

And in so doing, they believe they ARE treating others as they want to be treated. And that is because they are all certain they are GIVING others the GIFT of universal truth ... straight from on HIGH.

Blind-sighted by EGO.

Location hidden

#552985 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I perceive that you are also a radical Catholic who in turn believes you ARE objective, and that is what frustrates me.
Of course my frustration is not your problem. It is mine. I could just ignore you ... but I don't.
So, it is what it is.
We've been conversing since 2006, so you are rather like a part of my own family, and family members don't always see eye to eye ... right Robert???
:)
June

Don't feel alone. Being outside the norm is difficult for people to deal with. I would say you have plenty of company on this thread with most of the hard core believers in their choices.

But you don't need to feel frustrated with me. Like you, I wish to see others grow, and perhaps our expectations for that results in that frustration. I put those expectations behind, it sort of short-circuits the system.

Believe me, I agree with a lot of what you say, but don't really confirm it to you. I don't know why, but also there are things I disagree, and tend to let you know.

Most will have little to discuss with me, and I am fine with that. I have more than once thought of this forum as a dysfunctional family. I don't really know what the others think or feel on this forum, accept many seek alliances(cliques) which I tend to reject.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552986 Aug 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
So maybe you are more anxious about possibilities, than the reality which will come?
I am not the one that invested faith in the existence of a devil and hell Robert. That is you.

You seem to want to forget that you once wrote that religion is based on FEAR ... "fear of hell, and fear of not making it to 'heaven.'"

I am content to wait until what unfolds, unfolds in its own way.

Of course I am concerned that I might have to rot away in some long-term facility before I die, but that is not concern about an afterlife. That is just me wanting to avoid suffering that I see around me exists in other unfortunate aged humans.

I hope when I die it will be a fast, easy death, but chances are more probable I won't get my wish.

Location hidden

#552987 Aug 4, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>THANK YOU, brother Robert F. I appreciate your love in Christ which is toward me right now. There is where we are O N E in Christ Robert,it is the greater picture of our oneness,His love that binds us together. Peace to you and yours as well. And Peace to dear June!
Pad

Peace to you brother.

I agree. If the love of God is not at the center, burning brightly, to lead us by the Holy Spirit within our being, then we have lost our way. Love must be the center of our focus within ourselves and outside of ourselves to see.

And it is God's judgement and mercy at work in our hearts now which although we see the hopeful end, must really be a comfort. It is so much joy for the consolation of the Holy Spirit to be with us in the times when we feel the joy, but when the times of God ridding ourselves of bad habits or darkened areas within the soul and we shrink back because of the pain, it must even be a greater comfort to know within ourselves, that in such suffering in this temporal time we MUST know even greater joy.

I hope to speak again with you shortly, may God bless you..., Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Aura Mytha 15,726
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 983,101
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 6 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 8 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Jake999 619,689
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 11 hr Dave Matthews 4
More from around the web