Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552570 Aug 1, 2014
The word theology means to STUDY religion. It does not mean to claim to KNOW the answers to mysteries.

Billy Graham took PRIDE in his supposed ability to know the mind of Jesus and God. He was warned by his friend Charles Templeton who opted out of his own evangelical "leading" to in turn live a "simple" life with no GLORY. But Billy LOVED the spotlight.

After decades of preaching that only Christians could be saved ... today Billy claims that even Muslims can be saved.

He made his vast wealth by preaching lies, and he has yet to apologize to those he swayed in his mental direction.

To study religion is natural. To claim to know the MIND of a supposed savior and a head-haunch god are words that stem from EGO!

"Do not put your faith in MEN" ... and it WAS men that wrote all those words in ALL of that religious literature.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#552571 Aug 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism was a ritual ceremony started by humans ... as were all rituals in religions that were started by humans.
It was taught that babies that weren't baptized would go to hell.
People believed it because others believed it and in turn taught them to believe it.
I never believed it.
~~~

God works through humans..and uses Humans to further his divine will.

.He has from the beginning.

In Genesis he said..

Gen_1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen_1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Prince George, Canada

#552572 Aug 1, 2014
Christians that "worship" the name Jesus don't seem to realize that by placing faith in the idea that a Jew abandoned his fellow Jews to join a new religion ... they have INSULTED the Jew that they profess TO worship.

I suggest that to show respect for the word Jesus ... one would have to put faith in the idea that he would never give up on his own members of his own family. He would in fact teach them how to be better Jews in being FAITHFUL to the religion into which he was born and raised which was Judaism.

THAT is common sense.

As a child I just knew that there had to be a great deal of manipulation involved in what I was being taught.

Now I comprehend why I wouldn't allow so much of what they taught to take root in my brain-cells.

They built one lie on top of another and it took me years to sort out the lies.

The truth is ... I will have to wait until I die to find the truth. If after the death of my physical body, I am still aware of my surroundings ... I will deal with it then ... in FAITH that it is what it is ... period.

I never did believe that a Jew that was worth his salt would turn his back on those in his own religion, and walk away nonchalant in attitude to either start or join a new religion.

Junkology

Prince George, Canada

#552573 Aug 1, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God works through humans..and uses Humans to further his divine will.
Again I will remind you ... that just as did Martin Luther, you are USING words approved of by Catholics to vilify the Catholics.

And I didn't forget your quote that "homosexuals are perverts."

I doubt that such venom stemmed from a supposed loving savior.

But I'm pleased that you are persistent in your goals to convert others to your agenda ... as I suggest that more and more you will be exposed for the fraud that is YOU.

Prince George, Canada

#552574 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE BIBLES SAYS
Men of the Catholic faith authorized the words that they compiled as "suitable" FOR the bible. And you believe that those men were evil.

#552575 Aug 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians that "worship" the name Jesus don't seem to realize that by placing faith in the idea that a Jew abandoned his fellow Jews to join a new religion ... they have INSULTED the Jew that they profess TO worship.
I suggest that to show respect for the word Jesus ... one would have to put faith in the idea that he would never give up on his own members of his own family. He would in fact teach them how to be better Jews in being FAITHFUL to the religion into which he was born and raised which was Judaism.
THAT is common sense.
As a child I just knew that there had to be a great deal of manipulation involved in what I was being taught.
Now I comprehend why I wouldn't allow so much of what they taught to take root in my brain-cells.
They built one lie on top of another and it took me years to sort out the lies.
The truth is ... I will have to wait until I die to find the truth. If after the death of my physical body, I am still aware of my surroundings ... I will deal with it then ... in FAITH that it is what it is ... period.
I never did believe that a Jew that was worth his salt would turn his back on those in his own religion, and walk away nonchalant in attitude to either start or join a new religion.
Junkology
~~~~

Zec_12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

ULTIMATELY (According to the scriptures)THE JEWS WILL ACCEPT/RECEIVE
JESUS AS THEIR MESSIAH..

Zec_12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,

the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me(JESUS) whom they have pierced,

and they shall mourn for him/JESUS as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for

him/JESUS, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#552576 Aug 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
BS.

That site is a modern site - with a modern religion that is trying to blossom within Catholicism. This should have helped you when you arrived at the site:

"THE GNOSTIC WRITINGS OF EDWARD J. PARKINSON, PHD"

DOH!!

Just so you stay on the right path - here is a link and excerpt from www.catholic.com that clearly dispenses your theory.

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/whats-...

"It's unclear when gnosticism began. Many Church Fathers thought gnosticism was founded by Simon Magus, the Samaritan sorcerer who converted to Christianity (Acts 8:9-24). Some contemporary scholars think gnosticism started a few centuries before Christianity and then invaded it from the outside through the conversion to Christianity of Jewish and Gentile gnostics. Other scholars believe gnosticism started as a Christian heresy."

#552577 Aug 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Men of the Catholic faith authorized the words that they compiled as "suitable" FOR the bible. And you believe that those men were evil.
~~~

THE CHURCH THAT ORIGINALLY COMPILED THE BIBLE

was nothing like the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS GRAVITATED INTO.

IT HAS CHANGED FROM THE TRUE CHRISTIANITY OF THE EARLY CHURCH INTO

A DYNASTY OF SELF WORSHIP...rituals conjecture idolatry, rejecting the Bible that the early church compiled created a catechism ..THAT PRESENTS ITSELF AS god.

The Apostle Paul described it in his epistle to Timothy

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

(NOTE
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#552578 Aug 1, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this has been going on for months. I suggest that we give him Free Reign to continue to act like he does,
By making him persona non grata, and ignoring him completely. if we don't engage him, maybe he will stop his foolishness. then again, if he has entered into his "second childhood", there is no hope for him
Unless, as I hope, before that , he did receive Christ as a born again Christian ...in which case he IS in God's,hand , despite whatever else is going on ...:)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#552579 Aug 1, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, you ought to know better, the malefactor was not Baptized and dont come back and tell me he was under the old covenant, since Jesus had already died before him.
even in our law today, when a person dies, that will goes into effect immediately.
Hi Preston,

Hope all is well with you and your family.....esp those wonderful children of yours.....I know that you are very proud of them.....

As we know from the Word of God, we have no scriptures stating that the thief on the cross was baptized......

Even if the thief on the cross received John the Baptist baptism (which was a baptism of repentance,) that baptism could not save anyone from their sins......

We do know from the Word of God that Jesus had all authority to forgive sins while on this earth......

Was the thief on the cross forgiven of his sins?

IMO, yes........he was forgiven of his sins.....

Location hidden

#552580 Aug 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Preston,
Hope all is well with you and your family.....esp those wonderful children of yours.....I know that you are very proud of them.....
As we know from the Word of God, we have no scriptures stating that the thief on the cross was baptized......
Even if the thief on the cross received John the Baptist baptism (which was a baptism of repentance,) that baptism could not save anyone from their sins......
We do know from the Word of God that Jesus had all authority to forgive sins while on this earth......
agreed, he was Forgiven of his sins and given a promise by Jesus. this has to do with a Will(Testament) which goes into effect when the Person (Jesus)dies.

Since he was forgiven of his sins, he is and was able to enter into Heaven, regardless of any water Baptism, John or by the holy Spirit.

I believe that a Saved person should be Baptized. I believe that person will [desire] to be Baptized.

I also believe if a person with disabilities is not able to enter a river, then another mode could be used. I believe God will honor that desire, who cares what some might believe. It is God that must be pleased.

However if a person is not Saved, all the water in the world will not wash away his sins, only God can do that.

#552581 Aug 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Preston,
~~~

You can disagree with me as is your privilege.

Personally

I BELIEVED THAT THE THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS (symbolically) BAPTIZED .UNTO JESUS.......BY THE FACT.... THAT HE WAS BODILY THERE.. WITH JESUS AT HIS DEATH. ON THE CROSS...

JUST AS

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

(NOTE)
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Prince George, Canada

#552582 Aug 1, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
That site is a modern site - with a modern religion that is trying to blossom within Catholicism. This should have helped you when you arrived at the site:
"THE GNOSTIC WRITINGS OF EDWARD J. PARKINSON, PHD"
DOH!!
Just so you stay on the right path - here is a link and excerpt from www.catholic.com that clearly dispenses your theory.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/whats-...
"It's unclear when gnosticism began. Many Church Fathers thought gnosticism was founded by Simon Magus, the Samaritan sorcerer who converted to Christianity (Acts 8:9-24). Some contemporary scholars think gnosticism started a few centuries before Christianity and then invaded it from the outside through the conversion to Christianity of Jewish and Gentile gnostics. Other scholars believe gnosticism started as a Christian heresy."
The fact is the early Catholic also believed that they were the only Christians with GNOWLEDGE of the one and only universal truth. Gnostic means "secret knowledge."

Do you think that one of your Gnostic splits was the RIGHTEOUS one?

YOU tend to want to fool your self into believing that your modern Gnostic philosophy is aligned to some ancient form of HOLY truth.

WHAT a GAS!

I suggest that the Catholics were the first break-away Jews to in turn refer to their own group of Christians as Gnostic ... as in owing the one and only universal "secret" knowledge.

Location hidden

#552583 Aug 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless, as I hope, before that , he did receive Christ as a born again Christian ...in which case he IS in God's,hand , despite whatever else is going on ...:)
a week or so, I posted that oxbore needed to get saved, and another person said the same thing, practically at the same time.

as it is written, in the mouth of two or three witnesses, let it be true.

oxbore uses some initials that many if not of us know what they are referring to.

BS;bath salts.

I don't know if he knows that bath salts are some type of drugs, and I think are illegal.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-issues/20...

and he uses the initials HS, and people know what that means, regardless of any words after those initials.

this is carnality and straight from the devil. and those expressions have no place on a religious forum, nor out of the mouth of a person who claims Jesus as his Savior.

Prince George, Canada

#552584 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
THE CHURCH THAT ORIGINALLY COMPILED THE BIBLE
was nothing like the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS GRAVITATED INTO.
Just as does the poster New Age Spiritual Leader believe that his HOLY group of Christians were the first Christians ... you suffer from the same BLIGHT.

You both have convinced your selves that the Catholics were evil and took the religion off in their own agendas, while your groups of devotees were the PURE, UNDEFILED humans that followed nothing BUT the divine guidance.

How funny! The Jehovah's witnesses and the Mormons also claim that THEY are aligned to the REAL Christianity!

EGOS reign SUPREME.

Prince George, Canada

#552585 Aug 1, 2014
Of COURSE all groups of Christians want to believe that the first Christians were HOLY and therefore aligned to their own modern mindsets.

All devotees in religions NEED scapegoats.

The Jews were vilified as EVIL by the ex-Jew Catholics, and the Catholics are now vilified by the Protestants AND the Gnostic (modern) Christians as committing EVIL atrocities to a religion that was at its inception ... undefiled and PURE.

What a lot of perorated slush!

Humans were never anything more than self-serving aggressive animals in the guises of HOLY gods

BWAAAGGGHHH!

Prince George, Canada

#552586 Aug 1, 2014
I forgot to mention that the modern Gnostics also malign the Protestants as taking the religion off of it's PURIFIED and HOLY base.

In other words ... the modern Gnostics are CERTAIN that before Catholicism and Islam and Protestantism destroyed their Gnostic religion ... the ancient Gnostics had universal truth all figured out as being based on universal "spiritual" LOVE. In other words They KNEW how to live a completely RIGHTEOUS life approved of by the SPIRIT of Jesus and God.

YUCK!!!

Prince George, Canada

#552587 Aug 1, 2014
The one thing humans in religion are proficient at accomplishing is blowing their own trumpets as being HOLY ... while pointing at others as being EVIL.

Please spare me from your self-centered drivel of how HOLY your religion has made you. I have my own ego to try to please, and that is a full-time job.

Prince George, Canada

#552588 Aug 1, 2014
The ancient Gnostic Christians were split asunder into approximately 50 right-fighting groups of believers ... with the Catholics having started the Christian "trend."

The Roman Emperor Constantine was fully aware that in the previous 100 years 20 emperors had been assassinated by the nutty religious fruitcakes, all claiming that they knew the one and only universal truth.

The Catholic were the most dominant of the Gnostic groups and so he gave FULL power to them in the hopes of uniting all of the religious factions.

Now you all want to claim that Christianity was at its inception HOLY and that YOU are aligned to that HOLY mental state.

Grow up and stop being so childish!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#552590 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
You can disagree with me as is your privilege.
Personally
I BELIEVED THAT THE THIEF ON THE CROSS WAS (symbolically) BAPTIZED .UNTO JESUS.......BY THE FACT.... THAT HE WAS BODILY THERE.. WITH JESUS AT HIS DEATH. ON THE CROSS...
JUST AS
1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
(NOTE)
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Back to the thief, interesting subject .

Do you think when Jesus said TODAY you will be with me in paradise...He,meant he would be with GOD , whom Jesus was, though Jesus was in the grave and had NOT YET gone to the,Father.

Or do you think the thief went to Abrahams,bosom, there to be released with the,Just by Jesus,into heaven whose gates,He,opened.with His,death .

I'm curious as we only know,so much ..

So many mysteries , I really hope there is,a great library in heaven or we can talk to these,folks,we wonder about ..that may sound devious, but can you imagine a conversation with Abraham? And of course Jesus,could,just open our minds,to everything , but wouldn't gathering knowledge be possibly a,reward in heaven..I pray this,is so ...and given to me.
Blessings,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min bad bob 184,759
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 5 min Slightly Perfect 223,171
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Slightly Perfect 977,402
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 10 min Seentheotherside 596
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min RADEKT 284,589
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min Seentheotherside 45,842
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 965
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aerobatty 88,257
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr It aint necessari... 178
The Future of Politics in America 4 hr Nohweh 259
More from around the web