Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703564 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552308 Jul 30, 2014
There is a whole lot of jealousy in wanting to possess the word "Christian" for one's own personalize group of believers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Please, Don’t Call Protestants Christians

Marian T. Horvat, Ph.D.

It is very common today to hear Catholics call a Protestant “a Christian,” or even,“a good Christian.” In the United States, it was already a practice before Vatican II because of the tendency of American Catholics to accommodate Protestantism, whose tonus dominated the social and business spheres. Then, there was the question of adaptation as prominent Protestants joined the Catholic faith, or Catholics entered into marriages with Protestants. It was just easier to call everyone “Christian.”

http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/m0...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#552310 Jul 30, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Depends on what Catholic site you go to, 73 book canon, RSV and NRSV catholic edition, NJV, etc. Comes down to choice of many versions.
You're the one who referred to the "version of our bible" not being fully accepted. Then you give me a link to the New Jerusalem. As it happens, it is the original Jerusalem Bible with the Grail Psalter that is used in most English speaking countries outside the U.S. So your statement is inaccurate, which is why I called you on it.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#552311 Jul 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The dogma of "Trinity" isn't explicitly spelled out in Scripture. It took an authority apart from Scripture to declare it as truth.
Thats why you have SDA, Jehovah's, Oxbow and other non Trinitarian followers of Jesus being able to base their theology on Scripture...and believe me, they'll ram Bible verse in your face all night long to prove thier case and you cant do nothing about it. Under the false doctrine of sola scripture, anything goes.
I agree with you about the Trinity. I think those mentioned agree that Christ is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.

Some scripture is as easy to read and understand as it would be reading an email from a friend. I don't know why everything seems to be so difficult.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552312 Jul 30, 2014
"From" Christianity "TO" Catholicism.

Hahahahahahaha

I will add another word to the chains that bind Catholic and Protestant devotees to their cults.

Christian
Holy
Salvation
Spiritual
Heaven
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#552313 Jul 30, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Depends on what Catholic site you go to, 73 book canon, RSV and NRSV catholic edition, NJV, etc. Comes down to choice of many versions.
Btw, you also said the Church uses the KJV. Mind backing that up with some facts?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552314 Jul 30, 2014
I wonder if Adam and Eve were Catholics or Protestants?

Maybe Adam was a Catholic and Eve was a Protestant and that's why their sex life was forbidden.

On the other hand maybe one was a polytheist Jew and the other was a monotheist Jew.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552315 Jul 30, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Some scripture is as easy to read and understand as it would be reading an email from a friend. I don't know why everything seems to be so difficult.
Did you know that the Protestant Puritans killed each other over who had the God-given meaning of the words in the KJV bible???

The belief that words are easy to understand caused ALL the religious wars.

And still ... you will not leave those words alone, as you want to keep thumping them to the beat of your own DRUM.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552316 Jul 30, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, you also said the Church uses the KJV. Mind backing that up with some facts?
No matter which biblical words you use ... they will end up making you play the part of the fool in the attitude that you know the one and only universal truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552317 Jul 30, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I get it, your choice of Protestantism denies the Divinity of Jesus.
Ok, what denomination do you belong to?
You must be kin to the lying snake...I never denied the Divinity of Christ, which is equal to God Almighty...so says Scripture...

Christ was in the form of God....equal to God...
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal

God say: He said: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

God has no mother....no Scripture shows God as having a mother...Mary was not "in the beginning".
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#552318 Jul 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. We pray for them.
It's heartbreaking, isn't it? Was just watching more about it tonight.
One reason why I posted it though was to make the point that these persecuted Chaldean Catholics are in fact.....Catholic. They belong to the Catholic Church, the same one we do.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#552319 Jul 30, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was pretty firm about teaching people to do the right things and To stand up to evil. And He charged the Church with a mission: to hold the Faith, to guard it from error. So that meant the Church had to deal firmly with a variety of heresies which sprouted up over the centuries. This was in order to preserve the Faith that Jesus came into the world to proclaim.
That's kind of important don't you think? Didn't God lament that His people perish for lack of knowledge?
I Believe He told them...to dust off their feet , not torture and get false,conversions, especially from the Jews ...

No excuse for killing or torture,in His,name...

Excommunicate Catholics, Denounce heresy if they are,going against the Church ...all within the purview,of cleansing if they choose ....but kill Jews, take property ,stand by while monarchs riding the Catholic banner do so ?? I don't think so .

This,pope Francis according to the link Anthony gave is,excommunicating gangsters ....putting his,life in peril ......yet these,POPES in the MIDDLE ages,let the inquisition happen..sorry that's,not Christian..FOR ANY DENOMINATION...and you wonder why folks,walked away ??
I actually had a,hard time believing it happened ...but so many stories,of persecution????

A stain on the Faith ....and so sad an example for history ....

Where is,LOVE THY NEIGHBOR ..there were other ways, birthday would leak power ...and money and property ....very sad .the RCC was SO POWERFUL ..JESUS came as MAN OF PEACE, not torture.
I'm sure there WERE many false conversions,the greatest sin evidently, who would think Christ wanted followers forced in fear of their lives ....

And yes for centuries, it was the Jews killed Jesus,EXCUSE ....that brought them such persecution...and money and property .....

By two-way, I have no use,for the witch trials,either.....nothing godly there ...a,stain on the new World and not the last one .

Persecution was,done TO CHRISTIANS , but they sure gave it back ....or allowed it to be done by NOT EXCOMMUNICATING those responsible ...Clergy, or monarch.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552320 Jul 30, 2014
It is common practice for all preachers of religion to claim that they know universal truth.

Without that claim, they are naked and unarmed.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552321 Jul 30, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's heartbreaking, isn't it? Was just watching more about it tonight.
One reason why I posted it though was to make the point that these persecuted Chaldean Catholics are in fact.....Catholic. They belong to the Catholic Church, the same one we do.
Do you pray for the Palestinians and the Muslims, et cetera, that are also being tortured and killed each day?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552322 Jul 30, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is Tradition (Sacred Tradition, not "a tradition").
The Jews that were faithful to Judaism considered their traditions to be Sacred ... but the Catholics considered them to be EVIL.

I guess that doesn't concern YOU HUH???
Just Sayin

United States

#552323 Jul 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be kin to the lying snake...I never denied the Divinity of Christ, which is equal to God Almighty...so says Scripture...
Christ was in the form of God....equal to God...
God say: He said: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
God has no mother....no Scripture shows God as having a mother...Mary was not "in the beginning".
Mary was in God's mind from the very beginning.
So you DO admit to Jesus' Divinity?
Then you must agree that Mary is the Mother if God since she bore His whole Being in her womb. Not just His body.
Just Sayin

United States

#552324 Jul 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I Believe He told them...to dust off their feet , not torture and get false,conversions, especially from the Jews ...
Excommunicate Catholics, Denounce heresy if they are,going against the Church ...all within the purview,of cleansing if they choose ....but kill Jews, take property ,stand by while monarchs riding the Catholic banner do so ?? I don't think so .
This,pope Francis according to the link Anthony gave is,excommunicating gangsters ....putting his,life in peril ......yet these,POPES in the MIDDLE ages,let the inquisition happen..sorry that's,not Christian..FOR ANY DENOMINATION...and you wonder why folks,walked away ??
I actually had a,hard time believing it happened ...but so many stories,of persecution????
Where is,LOVE THY NEIGHBOR ..there were other ways, birthday would leak power ...and money and property ....very sad .the RCC was SO POWERFUL ..JESUS came as MAN OF PEACE, not torture.
I'm sure there WERE many false conversions,the greatest sin evidently, who would think Christ wanted followers forced in fear of their lives ....
And yes for centuries, it was the Jews killed Jesus,EXCUSE ....that brought them such persecution...and money and property .....
By two-way, I have no use,for the witch trials,either.....nothing godly there ...a,stain on the new World and not the last one .
Persecution was,done TO CHRISTIANS , but they sure gave it back ....or allowed it to be done by NOT EXCOMMUNICATING those responsible ...Clergy, or monarch.
I will respond to this tomorrow when I can better address these issues.
However, keep in mind the fact that as recorded in the OT, God commanded His people to annihilate the pagans.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552325 Jul 30, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was in God's mind from the very beginning.
So you DO admit to Jesus' Divinity?
Then you must agree that Mary is the Mother if God since she bore His whole Being in her womb. Not just His body.
I cannot and I would not if I could..make you believe the truth in God's Word..

He was in the form of God...equal to Him...

Show Scripture that teaches the opposite and you have a fallible Bible...

If you want to ride the merry-go-round...have at it...solo
Just Sayin

United States

#552326 Jul 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds to me like You think of Jesus as a big floppy teddy bear. I'm not trying to insult, just saying. Am I wrong?
I love teddy bears and actually have a big white floppy one. He is so like the best pillow. Great to relax against. Never says anything annoying. Never asks for anything. But always were I left him. I can put him anywhere I want, he is very pose able. Squishy, squeezable, always with that goofy smile on his face. He is just so cute!
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#552327 Jul 30, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who referred to the "version of our bible" not being fully accepted. Then you give me a link to the New Jerusalem. As it happens, it is the original Jerusalem Bible with the Grail Psalter that is used in most English speaking countries outside the U.S. So your statement is inaccurate, which is why I called you on it.
As catholics here speak of the KJV being the Protestant Bible. If that's not good enough, too bad.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#552328 Jul 30, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove no catholic uses the KJV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Quivering Lip Lib... 87,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,408
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,915
Making DEVILS Rich 7 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 9 hr Fhreep Pun Ho III 33
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 10 hr Big Al 223,071
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 10 hr Cordon Bleu 1