Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695341 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#552166 Jul 30, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
It's a commitment that under no circumstances whatsoever is broken. That is why (within the realm of theology) the idea that a creator would break a covenant with the Jews is ultra-ludicrous.
Creator thinking to self ... "I first chose the Jews as my favorite few, but as they let me down, I will move on and now choose the Christians as my chosen few. I am fully aware that that as did the Jews, the Christians also torture and kill others, but there is no doubt in my mind that I made the right choice the second time around."
Theology is mental JUNK.

----------
Your theology IS mental junk, because you don't know the Truth.
YES, God CHOSE the Jews as an example to the rest of the world, showing that He is a loving, forgiving, provisional Father. He has not broken His covenant with them. They have not yet (as a nation) accepted that Jesus is the Promised Redeemer...so that the Body He is building will not be torn in pieces. Zach. 12 shows that at the return of Christ, the Jews will recognize Him. Paul said that "ALL of Israel SHALL be saved."
IF He broke His covenant with them, I would not be able to trust His promises to me.

Those who kill others are defying His instruction that says, "Thou SHALT NOT KILL". There ARE some who really BELIEVE the gospel, and do not curse those who persecute themselves.

You need to believe HIM, rather than the WORLD'S THEOLOGIANS...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#552167 Jul 30, 2014
who="Just Sayin"]<quoted text>
Well now you are beginning to see why Mary is so honored and respected and lived by Catholics.

----------
You only read the last line???
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552168 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to RESPECT an image of a creator that would give you eternal bliss and reject Catholics to eternal hell???
I'll pass on that OFFER!
It no doubt satisfies your ravenous lusts ... but I find the idea totally repulsive.
No god, no creator and no heaven and so on.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552169 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As did Martin Luther, you use the Catholic scriptures to turn them against the Catholics and believe that you are WISE in so doing!
I perceive that you are playing a joke on your arrogant-deluded-self.
The RCC is the biggest criminal Christian Organisation for the last 2000 years. Martin Luther hated the jews and the revolutionary peasants at its life time.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#552170 Jul 30, 2014
who="Just Sayin"]<quoted text>
So you aren't claiming to be right then in interpreting it, are you?
You Protestants don't even claim to have written it.
You would discredit yourselves in the effort to discredit the Catholic Church.
Who cares what is true and solid so long alas the Catholic Church is smeared, right ?

----------
Wrong! If the CC had written it, they would have put their 'spin ' on it. They would have written that Mary was assumed into heaven just as Jesus was...making her His equal. They would have written that she was born without sin...if that were so, God didn't need to send Jesus to suffer for us...He could have just had us all born without sin.(Why do you think that He said, "You must be born AGAIN"?) They would have written that one could do a work of penance, and their sin would be erased.(Imagine: crawling on gravel with bare knees, or saying the Hail Mary a few times, and God would forgive your sin!)

And they would have required all of their people to READ IT at least once a year!

No, the protestants didn't write it either...

It was written by those who were inspired by the Holy Ghost...He just dictated it to them.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552171 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why would a LOVING god want his following to be frightened of HIM?
Does that make any sense to you whatsoever???
If it does ... I suggest it shouldn't.
No god, no devil, no hell, no heaven and no angel and so on.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552172 Jul 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that I said the WOMAN E ERCISED HER HER HER HER FAITH .......she pled with Jesus to heal her daughter ...using HER OWN FAITH.
stop misquoting folks,..but of course you won't ....
Never mind
You need help...

Roseez...
Show me, in the above Scripture, where it speaks of the MOTHER of which you speak.

Where does it speak of her daughter being healed..

Show me Jesus exorcising her daughter..Show me where it speaks of demons..

You, like confrit, try, in vain, to quote Scripture to support what you say, and both of you miss the mark by a mile!!!! It paints a very clear picture of your spirituality....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#552173 Jul 30, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you asked - "HOW IS IT THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CAN ASSUME ONE OF THE APOSTLES UPON A THRONE IN ROME AND DO WHAT JESUS REFUSED TO DO?"
answer - BECAUSE THE VATICAN REPRESENTS A CONTINUATION OF THE EVIL AND ANTICHRIST ROMAN EMPIRE - AKA BABYLON THE GREAT WHORE!!!
what part of this don't you understand?:-)
Your answer is correct..

I ask the above question to the Roman Catholics here in this forum ..

.but it seeming falls on deaf ears.

Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death;

but

to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

If I did not know the answer...I would not have ask it.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552174 Jul 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak to how,he,learned but
This,poster seems,to have been raised Catholic some time,ago, of course you folks think we,did not hear anything said to us, or made,it up....from that book that priest said was a horrible way to learn, the Baltimore catechism. Which we memorized daily , but again you deny we ever learned anything like,what is in it as I've,posted the,link dozens,of times.
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
One poster said it was made up ...utter nonsense, there,is,also a,link to volume 2 I guess we made that up too..it's,insulting to imply the,nuns lied to us, by the way
I am quite,teachable , by the,way, though less so than as a,child ..I learned that true,SALVATIIN was,bought and paid for by Christ ...only Him..I can do nothing on my own to make me worthy
But believe in Him and his,sacrifice ..no ritual...WILL atone,for one,sin..yet I confess them TO HIM ...with a contrite,heart ...
Back to the subject
Even Catholics,, aside from you folks,recognize the text from that link... as what we,learned..hard to forget ten years,of daily memorization ...over and over..those,nuns,knew,how,to teach..no namby pamby coddling, unless,we were hurt either physically or emotionally ..they were wonderful women who loved us,...
So yes,this,poster SEEMS, to have some background,in the RCC( the,name it was,called when I was a member) what it is,, they can tell you
One more thing, despite being doubted and insulted, on here, I still believe many find true,faith through your Church .....so in that a,I disagree with others,..ONLY GOD KNOWS,EACH HEART ...
Peace,
God never knows nothing at all, it does not exist.

Location hidden

#552175 Jul 30, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in way over your head on this thread in light of the fact that you can't even understand what plagiarism is.
plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.

I have posted over 16,000 times...Assuming that 50% of the time, as you so accuse me, I used and passed off the ideas or writings of another as my own. That I did appropriate for use as my own passages or ideas from another. That I did put forth as original to myself the ideas or words of another, produce the 8,000 names of these "anothers" I have so wronged.....

Repeat: produce the 8,000 names of these "anothers" I have so wronged.....
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552176 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I believed in a creator from where I now reside in my belief, I WOULD indeed resent the creator as a malicious bully.
Fortunately I gave up my delusion that a creator exists.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
I have second thoughts. Maybe God is malicious.
Albert Einstein
No Albert, God is nonexistent at all.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552177 Jul 30, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Have you ever considered that if I am right ...(and God is real) It has cost me nothing.
for SALVATION IS A GIFT OF GOD...
I AM ENJOYING THE BENEFITS OF SALVATION AT PRESENT
WHICH IS
deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
WITH FUTURE ETERNAL LIFE WITH CHRIST..
Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Psa 116:14 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
QUESTION
WHAT ARE YOUR BENEFITS?
Life as a Christian is a good life ....and promised eternal dividends.
What you have chose is to spend your days railing upon every thing that is good and Holy
and eternal punishment HEREAFTER...
The bible originated in the Stone Age. It isn`t even usable as a fairy tale book.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552178 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why would a LOVING god want his following to be frightened of HIM?
Does that make any sense to you whatsoever???
If it does ... I suggest it shouldn't.
There was never such a Thing like a god at all.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552179 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion does not unite. Right-fighting opinions can do nothing BUT divide.
All religions are fakes or even worse crimes.

#552180 Jul 30, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC is the biggest criminal Christian Organisation for the last 2000 years. Martin Luther hated the jews and the revolutionary peasants at its life time.
~~~
MARTIN LUTHER was an X- ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST..

He evidently received a revelation from God Concerning

the SINS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM.... that the just shall live by faith......

BUT He still had ROMAN CATHOLIC BAGGAGE from his past THAT Influenced

HIM..
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552181 Jul 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the daughter's suffering already pleased Jesus and God?
What good is suffering unless it has MEAN-ing to the masters of PAIN?
Religion is SILLY!
No, very often religions is a crime.
henry

Waltershausen, Germany

#552182 Jul 30, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you aren't claiming to be right then in interpreting it, are you?
You Protestants don't even claim to have written it.
You would discredit yourselves in the effort to discredit the Catholic Church.
Who cares what is true and solid so long alas the Catholic Church is smeared, right ?
The RCC is the biggest criminal Christian Organisation for the last 2000 years.

Location hidden

#552183 Jul 30, 2014
Where are you atemcowboy....man called of God????

You called me a liar when I said that that every word in the Bible applies, is binding, has application, to every human from the beginning of time to eternity....are you also calling Christ a liar?????

Jesus he say: But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Man: The human race; mankind

#552184 Jul 30, 2014
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible originated in the Stone Age. It isn`t even usable as a fairy tale book.
~~~
THE BIBLE ORIGINATED IN THE MIND OF GOD..
..IT IS A MANUFACTURERS MANUEL
THAT GOD SENT ALONG WITH HIS CREATION OF EARTH AND HUMAN BEINGS
ITS TRUTH IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FAIRY TALES.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552185 Jul 30, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"]<YES, God CHOSE the Jews as an example to the rest of the world, showing that He is a loving, forgiving, provisional Father....
So (according to your truth-filled theology) the one Abrahamic God in the sky first created the Jews as his chosen few ... knowing they would disappoint him and disgust him to such a degree that he would turn away from them ... to in turn jump over the Catholics, Gnostic Christians and Muslims to in turn use Protestants as an example of divine HOLINESS???

You have more than just a few LEAPS of FAITH!

Hahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 59,082
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 10 min Charles Bronson 13
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 31 min John B 472
Enough is Enough. Jehovahs Witnesses is a incid... (Oct '15) 32 min Comeonnow 2
1z0-808 Real Exam Dumps 51 min jhoniliver 1
1z0-808 Dumps Questions 54 min addison 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,494
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Feb 2018 994,022
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr youareaperv 446,240
More from around the web