Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600088 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551754 Jul 28, 2014
I would believe?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551755 Jul 28, 2014
Pulpit Commentary

Verses 34, 35.- Rules about the public teaching by women. Verse 34.- Let your women keep silence in the Churches. St. Paul evidently meant this to be a general rule( I DISAGEEE WITH THIS OPINION, WHICH IS ALL THAT IT IS), and one which ought to be normally observed; for he repeats it in 1 Timothy 2:11, 12. At the same time, it is fair to interpret it as a rule made with special reference to time and circumstances, and obviously admitting of exceptions in both dispensations (Judges 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; Nehemiah 6:14; Luke 2:36; Acts 2:17; Acts 21:9), as is perhaps tacitly implied in 1 Corinthians 11:5.

OVER A YEAR AGO, I HAD SOME HEART PROBLEMS AS ALL KNOW ON THIS FORUM.

DURING THIS TIME, I HAD A VISION OF BEING ANOINTED BY MY FRIEND AND HIS WIFE, ALONG WITH ANOTHER PERSON, WHO I DID NOT KNOW AT THAT TIME. I LEFT THE HOSPITAL TO ATTEND THEIR CHURCH SERVICE. WHEN THE TIME CAME, I ASKED TOM TO ANOINT ME. HIS WIFE WAS SITTING THERE AND I TOLD HER THAT SHE ALSO MUST HELP. AS MY VISION INCLUDED HER TOO.

A FEW MINUTES AFTERWARDS, I FELT A TWINGE IN MY CHEST(AS IF SOMETHING WAS BEING PULLED OUT OF MY CHEST).

A FEW DAYS LATER AS I WENT UNDER SOME TESTS AND AFTERWARDS, THE DOCTOR CAME AND TOLD ME THAT THEY FOUND NO BLOCKAGE IN MY HEART OR ARTERIES.

CONCLUSION; I WILL BELIEVE WHAT GOD HAS SHOWED ME, RATHTER THAN THE OPINE OF PEOPLE LIKE OXBORE AND OTHERS, SINCE THAT TIME, I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH MY HEART.

PPS; Toms wife is the Pastor and Tom considers himself strictly an Evangelist.

Like it or don't like it, It worked for me and it was done the Way that God showed me in His Vision to me.

PPPS; there was another person in that vision that I didn't know. it turned out that he was the speaker of the hour.

when God gives it to you, follow it and it will turn out Good.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551756 Jul 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, the word of God isn't whatever interpretations we come to. There is only one meaning. Just like JW'S steer people into their sect by showing "the Word of God" to them. But is it the word of God? Of course not. Its the "word" of the guy in the suit at your door. And he'll say the same stuff as you do: "are you afraid/ashamed of the word of God". "This is the word of God, you're going against the words of God". Baloney, I love the word of God. I only reject your interpretations.
So, Clay.....you really believe that God would make His Word so hard to understand and interpret that a mere man such as a fisherman, carpenter, etc. could not understand it???

The Apostle Paul knew the source of his writings........

He understood that he was like a pen in the hand of the Almighty God.

The apostles were divinely guided.

If God loved us so much that He gave His only Son (the word of God) explaining to us how we could be saved.....then why would God make His Word so hard to interpret and hard to understand???

Sorry Clay, but it doesn't make any sense that God would make His Word hard to interpret and understand.....

So, do you believe the Word of God is from God or man???

Since: Jul 14

Modesto, CA

#551757 Jul 28, 2014
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
I was Catholic, i quit 42 years ago and started reading a Bible after really confessing Christ as Lord over my life, asking forgiveness for my sin and making right what i could or can. The word Peter means "small pebble" when Jesus said I will build my church upon this rock, he said the word "petra" that word means large massive rock. Jesus our Lord was referring to himself. It's that simple. The Bible is ALL about our Lord Jesus Old and New Testament, it's about the plan of salvation for the entire human race, forget about denominations, Jesus doesn't have any. There is only one Gospel, his true church are all the true believers, does anyone think there will be denomination sections of Heaven on Earth? A house divided is a house that won't stand, the madness of denominations hurts the Gospel message of forgiveness and love and we all must abide by His rules not ours or what any group thinks is more important than recognizing sin, asking for redemption and becoming new in Jesus Christ. When people say" we are the only true this or that or you must have this or that done to you or you can't eat or drink this or that or you can't listen to this music or that music or can't use electricity or drive cars it's just all dumb. We all need to consider some infinitely more important and that is the condition of our souls and life styles, THAT is the center of being a Christian and in the End and I fear it is near, Christ will judge who is and who is not and why that is. The rest of it Vanity, don't we have enough of that from the World???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551758 Jul 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, the word of God isn't whatever interpretations we come to. There is only one meaning. Just like JW'S steer people into their sect by showing "the Word of God" to them. But is it the word of God? Of course not. Its the "word" of the guy in the suit at your door. And he'll say the same stuff as you do: "are you afraid/ashamed of the word of God". "This is the word of God, you're going against the words of God". Baloney, I love the word of God. I only reject your interpretations.
Clay.....one more thing........

The Word of God is not to be read in such a way that it is made to conform to our opinions and assumptions..........

We MUST conform to what it says as that is the Will of God.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551759 Jul 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>The spirit of the coming Antichrist will be a spirit of misguided rebellion.
The "spirit of "misguided rebellion" EXACTLY describes the Protestant reformation as well as the bible only (make-it-up-as-you-go) self appointed preachers from the 16th century beginning with Martin Luther, followed by Zwingli, Hus, Wycliffe, Cranmer, Waldo,Viret, Petri, Knox, Flacius, Calvin, Beza and the over 41,100 +contradicting and inconsistent bible only "self interpreting" ---MAN MADE denominations that followed over the past 450 years.. The TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History along with the verifiable, validated and confirmedTRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church WHO WROTE it and INTERPRETED it in 397AD-----has,is and will (forever) be grounded in Jesus Christ (in and through HIS One True Catholic Church! God " never was, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only (42,200 + hodge podge of inconsistent denominations

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551760 Jul 28, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the troll otherwise known as Dr. Shrink.
He has gastrointestinal issues.
Yes, I know him from another thread..
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551761 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Protestant churches, in general, are just as lost, and sometimes even more so, than the Catholic Churches. Jesus warned that few will find the path that leads to eternal life. So, 1.3 billion Catholics currently alive are NOT going to Heaven.
Typical bible only twisted, Distorted and perverted response
I/we as Catholics "didn't realize that YOU PERSONALLY had " appointed YOURSELF as the " (final judge) deciding who is a Christian and who is not..........who is going to heaven and who is not,......who is saved and who is not -----THUS relieving God of HIS RESPONSIBILITY.
Bible only "judgmental Protestant hacks" like you isprecisely why I left the Protestant Church
after listening to over 35 years of this bible only MAN-MADE contradicting nonsense that was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century......
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551762 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "spirit of "misguided rebellion" EXACTLY describes the Protestant reformation as well as the bible only (make-it-up-as-you-go) self appointed preachers from the 16th century beginning with Martin Luther, followed by Zwingli, Hus, Wycliffe, Cranmer, Waldo,Viret, Petri, Knox, Flacius, Calvin, Beza and the over 41,100 +contradicting and inconsistent bible only "self interpreting" ---MAN MADE denominations that followed over the past 450 years.. The TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History along with the verifiable, validated and confirmedTRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church WHO WROTE it and INTERPRETED it in 397AD-----has,is and will (forever) be grounded in Jesus Christ (in and through HIS One True Catholic Church! God " never was, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only (42,200 + hodge podge of inconsistent denominations
Not to worry. The Protestants are slowly coming around and will accept the RCC as the one and only true Church. So, you will then be able to clap your hands in glee. By the way, Luther did not precede Wyciffe, Huss, Tyndale and the like. They were at work beginning in the 1300 & 1400's. Luther did not start until the 1500's. If you got those facts from Catholic literature, you have been deceived.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551763 Jul 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay.....one more thing........
The Word of God is not to be read in such a way that it is made to conform to our opinions and assumptions..........
We MUST conform to what it says as that is the Will of God.
Oh, so if "you believe" that abortion, gay marriage embroyonoic stem cell research, euthenasia, and homosexual lifestyle, are OK ----your "personal opinion "--now becomes the will of God!.....
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551764 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bible only twisted, Distorted and perverted response
I/we as Catholics "didn't realize that YOU PERSONALLY had " appointed YOURSELF as the " (final judge) deciding who is a Christian and who is not..........who is going to heaven and who is not,......who is saved and who is not -----THUS relieving God of HIS RESPONSIBILITY.
Bible only "judgmental Protestant hacks" like you isprecisely why I left the Protestant Church
after listening to over 35 years of this bible only MAN-MADE contradicting nonsense that was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century......
More Catholic propaganda you swallowed without spiritual discernment. Since the foundation of the Catholic Church in the late 300's, there have been voices of dissent that believed in being saved solely by faith. You left one dead end church and entered another. Seek the face of God prayerfully and stop listening to corrupt Pharisees.
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551765 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it:

39,000+?
41,000+?
42,000+?

I get conflicting info from you and other Catholics.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#551766 Jul 28, 2014
Igaar wrote:
<quoted text>
......after really confessing Christ as Lord over my life, asking forgiveness for my sin and making right what i could or can.
So Igaar - do you believe everything Jesus teaches?
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551767 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Not to worry. The Protestants are slowly coming around and will accept the RCC as the one and only true Church. So, you will then be able to clap your hands in glee. By the way, Luther did not precede Wyciffe, Huss, Tyndale and the like. They were at work beginning in the 1300 & 1400's. Luther did not start until the 1500's. If you got those facts from Catholic literature, you have been deceived.
They were not meant to be put in any exact order. These mull-contradicting "mis-interpreters of the bible , are a repeat of the story of the the Prodigal Son in like 15:11 rebellious and defiant) but in this case------towards the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible.----surpassing 42,000 bible only Protestant denominations of rif-raf----ALL fighting,arguing, complaining and bitching at each others interpretation of the bible!!!!......This is chaos in its most inconsistent and contradicting moments---Protestantism in the 21st century!........
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551768 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>Is it:
39,000+?
41,000+?
42,000+?
I get conflicting info from you and other Catholics.
The numbers keep growing so "quickly" we can't keep up with the confusion and chaotic numbers!!
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#551769 Jul 28, 2014
"Which church is the true church?"
Answer: Which church – that is, which denomination of Christianity – is the “true church”? Which church is the one that God loves and cherishes and died for? Which church is His bride? The answer is that no visible church or denomination is the true church, because the bride of Christ is not an institution, but is instead a spiritual entity made up of those who have by grace, through faith been brought into a close, intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9). Those people, no matter which building, denomination, or country they happen to be in, constitute the true church.
In the Bible, we see that the local (or visible) church is nothing more than a gathering of professing believers. In Paul’s letters, the word “church” is used in two different ways. There are many examples of the word “church” being used to simply refer to a group of professing believers who meet together on a regular basis (1Corinthians 16:9; 2 Corinthians 8:1, 11:28). We see Paul’s concern, in his letters, for the individual churches in various cities along his missionary journey. But he also refers to a church that is invisible—a spiritual entity that has close fellowship with Christ, as close as a bride to her husband (Ephesians 5:25, 32), and of which He is the spiritual head (Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 3:21). This church is made up of an unnamed, unspecified group of individuals (Philippians 3:6; 1Timothy 3:5) that have Christ in common.
The word “church”, comes from the Greek word ekklesia meaning "a calling out." The word describes a group of people who have been called out of the world and set apart for the Lord, and it is always used, in its singular form, to describe a universal group of people who know Christ. The word ekklesia, when pluralized, is used to describe groups of believers who meet together. Interestingly enough, the word “church” is never used in the Bible to describe a building or organization.
It is easy to get ensnared by the idea that a particular denomination within Christianity is “the true church,” but this view is a misunderstanding of Scripture. When choosing a church to attend, it is important to remember that a gathering of believers should be a place where those who belong to the true church (the spiritual entity) feel at home. That is to say, a good local church will uphold the Word of God, honoring it and preaching faithfully, the gospel will be proclaimed steadfastly, and the sheep will be fed and tended and cared for by godly leaders. A church that teaches heresy or engages in sin will eventually be very low on (or entirely bereft of) those people that belong to the true church—the sheep who hear the voice of the Shepherd and follow Him (John 10:27).
Members of the true church always enjoy agreement in and fellowship around Jesus Christ, as He is plainly revealed in His Word. This is what is referred to as Christian unity. Another common mistake is to believe that Christian unity is just a matter of agreeing with one another. Rather than speaking the truth in love and spurring one another on to unity in Christ, this encourages believers to refrain from speaking difficult truths. It sacrifices true understanding of God in favor of a false unity based on disingenuous love that is nothing more than selfish tolerance of sin in oneself and others.
The true church is the bride of Christ (Revelation 21:2, 9, 22:17) and the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12; 1 Corinthians 12:27). It cannot be contained, walled in, or defined by anything other than its love for Christ and its dedication to Him. The true church is, as C.S. Lewis put it,“spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity, terrible as an army with banners.”
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551770 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're acting like a blasphemous little minion again. You wrote "(in and through HIS One True Catholic Church! God " never was, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only". If a person had only the Bible, they wouldn't be able to understand? You're way gone to the other side, maybe you always have been.

You have no clue what the numerous denominations agree on and what they don't. If a "Protestant" church teaches Jesus as the Christ, Son of the Living God, then they have their rock to build on. That's what non-catholic Christians are teaching all over the word.

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551771 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers keep growing so "quickly" we can't keep up with the confusion and chaotic numbers!!
You're just willing to lie for your belief in Peter and the Popes.

Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551772 Jul 28, 2014
<quoted text>More Catholic propaganda you swallowed without spiritual discernment. Since the foundation of the Catholic Church in the late 300's, there have been voices of dissent that believed in being saved solely by faith. You left one dead end church and entered another. Seek the face of God prayerfully and stop listening to corrupt Pharisees.
I Timothy 3:15....Paul tells us that THE CHURCH--------"NOT"- --------(the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....You, my friend, CONTINUE to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH"-- always looking in --- at the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that He gave us in and through HIS ( one and only one) Historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church --the Bride of Christ...
Liam

Chisago City, MN

#551773 Jul 28, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you do any reading and studying of the scripture?
Why does the cathoic church make a ritual out of Christ's Word?.
Peter = Petros, a small stone or pebble
Rock - Petra, Large rock
The RCC says Peter is the "rock", the Bible says God and Christ are the Rock, not a man. Who do you think I wpuld believe?
Psalms 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
Deuteronomy 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,
Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Psalms 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Psalms 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psalms 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
Isaiah 17:10 Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips:
Rock of our salvation, redeemer, my strength, my refuge, my defence etc. In your heart of hearts, do you really believe the "rock" could be a man?
It's hard to find many Bible scholars who'd agree with you. I hope u can research this more. Because if you really want me to be a "Bible only Sola Scripturist", then I gotta reject your misstatements above.
Jesus didnt speak Greek, He spoke Aramaic. When the Book of Mathew was being translated into koine Greek, there was a problem with the translation to a masculane name for "rock". In short, if the name of Peter was supposed to mean "small stone" then the Greek word would be "lithos"
Here's more:
www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-the-rock

Put it this way..... not even certain pastors who are geniuses on here can dodge their way around this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Stilgar Fifrawi 865,666
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min dollarsbill 6,545
Become an IB (Introducing Broker) 1 min 5Stars Forex 1
White Label Partnership Solution 1 min 5Stars Forex 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Brian_G 2,040
Forex Trading on 5Starsforex limited 14 min 5Stars Forex 1
50% rescue withdraw bonus - 5stars forex 34 min 5Stars Forex 1
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr cute94 465
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr andy 45
More from around the web