Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650557 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551995 Jul 29, 2014
Jesus told the Twelve Apostles

Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

note
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Question

Why has
the Roman Catholic religious system attempted to UPSTAGE GOD IN

THEIR ASSUMING PETER INTO A POSITION ON EARTH...

WHEN JESUS HAD ALREADY GIVEN HIM AN APPOINTMENT AS

JUDGE OVER ONE OF THE TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#551996 Jul 29, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts written by men are of "His inspiration" and which texts are not.
Otherwise - if you cannot - please stop implying that any specific religion or following has all the answers - they don't.
Carry on.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
It is equally true that to assert that texts written by men are from God, and known as the Bible exist.
That's the logic of it.
Carry on....
How is that considered "true"? I think you are making things up.

Texts written by men can only be associated to "God" as in "unproven inspiration".

I am writing this passage now - without the help of "God". So I just blew your assertion out of the water.

*sighs* C'mon Robert - you are better than this. Try to show a bit more honesty.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#551997 Jul 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU DON'T WORSHIP IDOLS ..ICONS AND STATUES...
WHY ARE THEY IN PROMINENT PLACES IN YOUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP..
In the wedding that I attended at the Roman Catholic in Gettysburg Pa there was a statue/idol
that supposed to be the likeness of Jesus...one of Joseph, one of Mary...and there was a symbol of a bird on the podium.
when ask about the bird..The Priest said the bird represented John the revelator...
The scripture forbids such practices..and gives a curse that attends it
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
the curse is (GOD GAVE THEM UP TO HOMOSEXUALITY AND LESBIANISM..)
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
confronting

Peace

Most excellent friend. Your knowledge of the Bible is great. And I note your sincerity.

With regards to idols. I would like to remind you of the Temple built by Solomon, Especially in I Kings 6 and 7. It was very ornately designed with cherubim, palm trees, open flowers, gourds, pomegranates, lotus patterns, lions, oxen, lily shaped cups.

This does not mean that they worshipped these images/idols, and in likewise manner the RCs do not worship idols as well. But it does provide for some who might fall into idol worship. Therefore, it may be best merely as a warning.

Most often I have found that idols are part of ones thinking and rating them of their importance before God, rather than on God alone.

Peace

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#551998 Jul 29, 2014
"When Catholics ask Mary and the other saints to pray for us, they are not bypassing Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator between

God and man. They are going to Christ through Mary and the other

saints. They are asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them

before the throne of Christ in Heaven. "For the continual prayer of a just

man availeth much." (James 5:16). How much more availing is the unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ! St. Paul asked his fellow Christians to intercede for him: "Brethren, pray for us." (2 Thess. 3:1). And again: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God ..." (Rom. 15:30). Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her. And at Cana, He performed His first miracle after a word from His Mother.(John 2:2-11).

It is clear in Sacred Scripture that the saints in Heaven will intercede for

us before the throne of Christ if they are petitioned in prayer (Apoc. or

Rev. 8:3-4), and it is clear in the records of primitive Christianity that the

first Christians eagerly sought their intercession. Wrote St. John

Chrysostom in the fourth century: "When thou perceivest that God is chastening thee, fly not to His enemies, but to His friends, the martyrs, the saints, and those who were pleasing to Him, and who have great power." If the saints have such power with God, how much more His own Mother."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#551999 Jul 29, 2014
Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.
JESUS SAID.. IN
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
QUESTION
IF THE SAINTS ARE ALREADY IN HEAVEN..?
. as the Roman Catholic Church claims
WHO IS JESUS PREPARING A PLACE FOR.?..
AND WHO IS HE COMING BACK AFTER...?
yeah - sainthood to a roman is like the hall of fame to an athlete. the elite who've moved up the ranks in history are voted in by a certain elect group who get to make those decisions!

in Christianity, the 'holier' one is depends upon the degree that one rests in the gift of righteousness by faith. it's completely opposite of paganism which operates from a merit system of good works!
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#552000 Jul 29, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Behind Enemy Lines
Peace
I have found this short post of yours interesting. I am not convinced that Catholicism is a works-oriented religion, but rather Judaism, and Islam tend to be, at least in Western eyes.
Because Catholicism has rituals, does not mean it is not willing to receive God's Gift. Rather, it may be an attempt at initial repentance, and continual penance for sin, which effectively for some is the acceptable sacrifice in humility and contriteness of heart before God. And this allows them to receive the Gift of God, Jesus Christ, as Lord and Savior.
It is rather not that we help Jesus in salvation, but that one works out their own salvation with God, through Jesus. Thus one must work, or they will not get paid....salvation.
Peace
The clever explanations and justifications of the Roman Universal Assembly. I was Catholic and did not find God's amazing grace. I have it now, and have had that peace which surpasses all understanding for 34 years. Catholicism contradicts the Bible and supersedes its doctrines at every turn.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#552001 Jul 29, 2014
Jesus himself left the Apostles to carry on His Church.....

.. Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church." (Matt. 16:17-19). "There shall be one fold and one shepherd." (John 10:16). "Feed my lambs ... feed my sheep." (John 21:15-17).

Albuquerque, NM

#552002 Jul 29, 2014
Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.
JESUS SAID.. IN
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
QUESTION
IF THE SAINTS ARE ALREADY IN HEAVEN..?
. as the Roman Catholic Church claims
WHO IS JESUS PREPARING A PLACE FOR.?..
AND WHO IS HE COMING BACK AFTER...?
That's the ruse - the wrong information being conveyed.

Please post where Jesus says that he will return. Don't post where others exclaim this, but post where Jesus, himself states - "I will return to come back for "X" people."

*sighs*

This is why you fail at believing in Jesus - you would rather believe what other men say, than what Jesus tells us.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#552003 Jul 29, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting
Peace
Most excellent friend. Your knowledge of the Bible is great. And I note your sincerity.
With regards to idols. I would like to remind you of the Temple built by Solomon, Especially in I Kings 6 and 7. It was very ornately designed with cherubim, palm trees, open flowers, gourds, pomegranates, lotus patterns, lions, oxen, lily shaped cups.
This does not mean that they worshipped these images/idols, and in likewise manner the RCs do not worship idols as well. But it does provide for some who might fall into idol worship. Therefore, it may be best merely as a warning.
Most often I have found that idols are part of ones thinking and rating them of their importance before God, rather than on God alone.
Peace
So you also think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus. Okay.

Please post a passage attributed to Jesus that parrots these exact same thoughts as "Paul".

Albuquerque, NM

#552004 Jul 29, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>The clever explanations and justifications of the Roman Universal Assembly. I was Catholic and did not find God's amazing grace. I have it now, and have had that peace which surpasses all understanding for 34 years. Catholicism contradicts the Bible and supersedes its doctrines at every turn.
All organized religious sects contradict what Jesus taught.

With you showing others that your sect is more accurate is a fallacy in itself.

Why do you try to mislead others?

Albuquerque, NM

#552006 Jul 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
Jesus himself left the Apostles to carry on His Church.....
.. Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church." (Matt. 16:17-19). "There shall be one fold and one shepherd." (John 10:16). "Feed my lambs ... feed my sheep." (John 21:15-17).
You should be more clear in your use of words.

"Jesus himself left the Apostles to carry on His Church...."

.....and yet you only claim Peter as the beginning of an "Apostolic Succession"....when in fact there are 12 other Apostles that Jesus taught.

Trying to push the ruse even further with erroneous information will only cause you to be further from any truth Jesus intended.

Albuquerque, NM

#552007 Jul 29, 2014
Correction - 11 other Apostles - the 13th - Matthias - only became an Apostle after Jesus died.

My apologies.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#552008 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU DON'T WORSHIP IDOLS ..ICONS AND STATUES...
WHY ARE THEY IN PROMINENT PLACES IN YOUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP..
In the wedding that I attended at the Roman Catholic in Gettysburg Pa there was a statue/idol
that supposed to be the likeness of Jesus...one of Joseph, one of Mary...and there was a symbol of a bird on the podium.
when ask about the bird..The Priest said the bird represented John the revelator...
The scripture forbids such practices..and gives a curse that attends it
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
the curse is (GOD GAVE THEM UP TO HOMOSEXUALITY AND LESBIANISM..)
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
The reason why you relentlessly accuse us is not because you actually believe we worship statues. Its because you were a career pentecostal minister and dont want to acknowledge being wrong. If you were really committed to Jesus, you would take "thou shall not bear false witness" more seriously.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#552009 Jul 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Catholic Church history started when Jesus told Peter our first Pope ,
FYI
St. Irenaeus
Bishop of Lyons, and Father of the Church.
(The word Father is used in the New Testament to mean a teacher of spiritual things, by whose means the soul of man is born again into the likeness of Christ: "For if you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I have begotten you. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me, as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 4:15, 16; cf. Galatians 4:19). The first teachers of Christianity seem to be collectively spoken of as "the Fathers" (2 Peter 3:4))
He was born in Proconsular Asia, or at least in some province bordering thereon, in the first half of the second century; the exact date is controverted, between the years 115 and 125, according to some, or, according to others, between 130 and 142. It is certain that, while still very young, Irenaeus had seen and heard the holy Bishop Polycarp (d. 155) at Smyrna. During the persecution of Marcus Aurelius, Irenaeus was a priest of the Church of Lyons. "
You're wrong. It's already been shown the in Greek,

Peter = Petros, meaning small rock or pebble like you would find on the side of the road.

Rock = Petra, meaning a large or massive rock

Lithos = Stone, like one carved to be placed on another.

The Apostles were never called "fathers". When Jesus spoke to the Jews of their fathers he was speaking in this context,

Luke 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
Luke 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luke 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
Luke 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luke 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.

When Paul said,

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Paul was speaking in Corin, to gentiles who did not have the same fathers of the Jewish people. They first heard of the Gospel through Paul. Paul could be considered a founding father of their faith in Christ.

The Chruch that Christ built never stagnated. Christianity wasn't waiting for Irenaeus to be born for the gospel to be spread to the world. The legend of Irenaeus cannot be proven. Even the writings of the supposed Pope Linus, were found to be fakes.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#552010 Jul 29, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! Those are not gods, there is only ONE God.
That statue is actually Moses....see Ex 34:29-30
This is Michelangelo interpretation of Exodus.
"And when Moses came down from the Mount Sinai, he held the two tables of the testimony, and he knew not that his face was horned from the conversation of the Lord. And Aaron and the children of Israel seeing the face of Moses horned, were afraid to come near.”(Exodus 34:29–30, D-R)
Most interpreters say that this should be translated not as “horned” but as “his face shone.” The idea being that his face glowed with the residual glory of the Lord."
taylormarshall.com/2013/08/the-horns-of-moses...
Don't try to tell me Rome didn't have gods. I wasn't looking at a statue of Moses holding the commandments.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552011 Jul 29, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>June, nothing you say has any merit with me.
I understand. We all place high value only on our own perceptions of reality.

Prince George, Canada

#552012 Jul 29, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Please post where I have stated that "I am certain".
Those who argue that their "spiritual" data is right ARE certain.

Many times you have asked those in other religions why they put their faith in men, as though your Gnostic words were not written by men when men were the theologians of that era.

You are full of the idea that your self is full of "spiritual gnowledge."

I disagree!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#552013 Jul 29, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to tell me Rome didn't have gods. I wasn't looking at a statue of Moses holding the commandments.
Which is it: Ireneus founded the Catholic Church or Constantine? Last week it was Constantine until we showed you writings of Saint Ireneus, written before Constantine was born. Tomorrow it'll be Saint Ignatius of Antioch after we show you his writings. Ignatius was a student of the Apostle John and wrote this around 100 AD:
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop; therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

Prince George, Canada

#552014 Jul 29, 2014
Psychiatrists try to correct the behavior of others to align with the mentality of their selves in the idea that their own perception of reality is bang-on NORMAL and MORAL.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Mad in America

In addition, a recent study has completely discredited claims that 90% of those who die from suicide are mentally ill at the time of their death. We need to use this evidence to stop the expansion of psychiatry as a suicide prevention measure.

http://www.madinamerica.com/2014/01/evidence-...

Prince George, Canada

#552015 Jul 29, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it: Ireneus founded the Catholic Church or Constantine? Last week it was Constantine until we showed you writings of Saint Ireneus, written before Constantine was born. Tomorrow it'll be Saint Ignatius of Antioch after we show you his writings. Ignatius was a student of the Apostle John and wrote this around 100 AD:
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop; therefore whatever has his approval will be pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
Disgruntled ex-Jews wanting to LEAD a new religion started Christianity.

Their names are irrelevant to me.

Whoever they were, they simply wanted to lead others away from Judaism as being vile and offensive to the one supposed god that they claimed runs the whole universe comparable to a well-oiled Christianized machine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 8 min Thinking 73
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min NoStress4me 56,164
Need someone to talk here, are you in for sexua... 27 min sanchezjason48 1
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 35 min MUQ2 445
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,967
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr Mike 383
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 22 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web