Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650769 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551771 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers keep growing so "quickly" we can't keep up with the confusion and chaotic numbers!!
You're just willing to lie for your belief in Peter and the Popes.

Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551772 Jul 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>More Catholic propaganda you swallowed without spiritual discernment. Since the foundation of the Catholic Church in the late 300's, there have been voices of dissent that believed in being saved solely by faith. You left one dead end church and entered another. Seek the face of God prayerfully and stop listening to corrupt Pharisees.
I Timothy 3:15....Paul tells us that THE CHURCH--------"NOT"- --------(the bible alone) is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....You, my friend, CONTINUE to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH"-- always looking in --- at the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that He gave us in and through HIS ( one and only one) Historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church --the Bride of Christ...
Liam

Chisago City, MN

#551773 Jul 28, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you do any reading and studying of the scripture?
Why does the cathoic church make a ritual out of Christ's Word?.
Peter = Petros, a small stone or pebble
Rock - Petra, Large rock
The RCC says Peter is the "rock", the Bible says God and Christ are the Rock, not a man. Who do you think I wpuld believe?
Psalms 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
Deuteronomy 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,
Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Psalms 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Psalms 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psalms 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
Isaiah 17:10 Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips:
Rock of our salvation, redeemer, my strength, my refuge, my defence etc. In your heart of hearts, do you really believe the "rock" could be a man?
It's hard to find many Bible scholars who'd agree with you. I hope u can research this more. Because if you really want me to be a "Bible only Sola Scripturist", then I gotta reject your misstatements above.
Jesus didnt speak Greek, He spoke Aramaic. When the Book of Mathew was being translated into koine Greek, there was a problem with the translation to a masculane name for "rock". In short, if the name of Peter was supposed to mean "small stone" then the Greek word would be "lithos"
Here's more:
www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-the-rock

Put it this way..... not even certain pastors who are geniuses on here can dodge their way around this one.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551774 Jul 28, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
Edited for space
You have no Scripture that supports your babbling...When you see Scripture that contradicts the following, show me....I have never seen any contradictions in the Sacred Infallible Word of God..
Quote:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For you to say Phebe was a pastor is saying the Word of God is a lie....
The SBC says...from Scripture:
The Church
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
Note: While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.
Matthew 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42,47; 5:11-14; 6:3-6; 13:1-3; 14:23,27; 15:1-30; 16:5; 20:28; Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 3:16; 5:4-5; 7:17; 9:13-14; 12; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 3:8-11,21; 5:22-32; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:18; 1 Timothy 2:9-14; 3:1-15; 4:14; Hebrews 11:39-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 2-3; 21:2-3.
----------
I notice that you posted two of your own messages, rather that post mine, to which you pretend to be responding...and even left my name at the top, as though I had written that one.
And did you not notice that you posted this line twice?
While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
Note: While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
I prefer to debate with someone who is serious about learning the truth, so I will leave you to your repetition.
Any way you want to cut it, slice it, dice it, pulverize it, vulcanize it, this is truth and you cannot refute it...you can deny it, which you do, you can argue against it, which you do, but you cannot change the truth in to a lie.....

While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

Chess

Dublin, OH

#551775 Jul 28, 2014
Igaar wrote:
<quoted text>
I was Catholic, i quit 42 years ago and started reading a Bible after really confessing Christ as Lord over my life, asking forgiveness for my sin and making right what i could or can. The word Peter means "small pebble" when Jesus said I will build my church upon this rock, he said the word "petra" that word means large massive rock. Jesus our Lord was referring to himself. It's that simple. The Bible is ALL about our Lord Jesus Old and New Testament, it's about the plan of salvation for the entire human race, forget about denominations, Jesus doesn't have any. There is only one Gospel, his true church are all the true believers, does anyone think there will be denomination sections of Heaven on Earth? A house divided is a house that won't stand, the madness of denominations hurts the Gospel message of forgiveness and love and we all must abide by His rules not ours or what any group thinks is more important than recognizing sin, asking for redemption and becoming new in Jesus Christ. When people say" we are the only true this or that or you must have this or that done to you or you can't eat or drink this or that or you can't listen to this music or that music or can't use electricity or drive cars it's just all dumb. We all need to consider some infinitely more important and that is the condition of our souls and life styles, THAT is the center of being a Christian and in the End and I fear it is near, Christ will judge who is and who is not and why that is. The rest of it Vanity, don't we have enough of that from the World???
So you're saying that go-kart I got for Christmas is OK?

Sweet!
Liam

Chisago City, MN

#551776 Jul 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay.....one more thing........
The Word of God is not to be read in such a way that it is made to conform to our opinions and assumptions..........
We MUST conform to what it says as that is the Will of God.
The word of God was also given orally. Check out the Churches the Apostles Andrew, Bartholomew, Jude and Philip started. Here is one:
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_Church_of_the...

Their not quite in communion with the Bishop of Rome, like Jude, Andrew and Philip were with Peter......which makes it all the more remarkable we still have the same faith after 2,000 yrs. They recieved the word of God orally, Hank.

Location hidden

#551777 Jul 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>FIRST; WE are NOT under the Law.
Quote:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
SECOND; Paul was speaking to a particular church so this is literal, not figurative, which is why I told you some time ago to learn to TELL the difference.
NO WONDER YOUR CATHOLIC BACKGROUND SHOWS UP SO MUCH, YOU ARE AS IGNORANT AS HOJO IN NOT KNOWING THE DIFFERENCES.LOL
Next time you talk to Paul....straighten him out!!!!

Typical of you to argue that the Word of God is fallible...

FYI...Every word in the Bible applies, is binding, has application, to every human from the beginning of time to eternity....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551778 Jul 28, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You're acting like a blasphemous little minion again. You wrote "(in and through HIS One True Catholic Church! God " never was, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only". If a person had only the Bible, they wouldn't be able to understand? You're way gone to the other side, maybe you always have been.
You have no clue what the numerous denominations agree on and what they don't. If a "Protestant" church teaches Jesus as the Christ, Son of the Living God, then they have their rock to build on. That's what non-catholic Christians are teaching all over the word.
Bible Only " fundies" like you are "so out of touch" with the reality of the TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God, the TRUE interpretation of the bible by the Early Church Fathers (who WROTE it in 397AD and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History .........The Church came first !!!---Then the bible over 350 years later in 382.393.and397AD ...There was no bible as we know it today until late in the 17th century. Guetenberg didn't even invent the printing press until 1440----so what about the first 1500 years of the Church ( Jesus Christ's One True Universl (Catholic) a church when their was no Bible -------millions and millions and millions of Catholic Christians were undoubtably "saved" WITHOUT a bible WITHOUT quoting (or for you fundies------misquoting) Bible verses)--and WITHOUT ( as you Protestants do--beat each other over the head with misinterpreted bible verses)....God NEVER was one EVER will be the author of your bible only confusion, chaos and contradicting "hodge podge " of inconsistent 42,200+denominations .
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#551779 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bible only twisted, Distorted and perverted response
I/we as Catholics "didn't realize that YOU PERSONALLY had " appointed YOURSELF as the " (final judge) deciding who is a Christian and who is not..........who is going to heaven and who is not,......who is saved and who is not -----THUS relieving God of HIS RESPONSIBILITY.
Bible only "judgmental Protestant hacks" like you isprecisely why I left the Protestant Church
after listening to over 35 years of this bible only MAN-MADE contradicting nonsense that was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century......
HoJo, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CAN NOT POSSIBLEY BE THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHURCH. JUST AS A WIFE AND HUSBAND CAN NOT BE UNEVENLY YOKED .
NEITHER CAN A DENOMINATION THAT DOESN'T BELIEVE THE WHOLE BIBLE, OR TEACH CONTRARY TO THE BIBLE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST.
YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, IN FACT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S LEADERS CHANGED THEM.
YOU CAN NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN A DIVINE CREATOR, AND THAT OF IDOL CRAVED FROM WOOD , PLACED ON A CROSS AND CALLING IT JESUS.
IT IS A FALSE IMAGE, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT CHRIST LOOKS LIKE.
NOT ONLY THAT THE POPE WALKS AROUND WITH A STAFF, WITH THE IMAGE OF A CORPSE ON IT , A DECAYED CORPSE AT THAT AND SAYS IT REPRESENTS JESUS.
NO IT DOESN'T;; BECAUSE JESUS NEVER WAS A DECAYED CORPSE.
PSALM 16:10 ACT 2:27 . IT TOO IS AN IDOL.
RELIGION'S IS NOT GODS IDEA HOJO, SALVATION IS GOD'S IDEA.
IF ANY OF US WANT TO BE SAVED, WE MUST LET GO OF OUR RELIGIOUS IDEA'S.
THE RITUALS AND BELIEFS THAT SOME OF US FOLLOW ARE ABOMINATION TO GOD . BECAUSE SOME OF THESE RITUALS WERE AND STILL ARE BEING USED IN PAGAN RELIGIONS.
SORRY HOJO, YOU LEFT ONE DEAD END RELIGION FOR ANOTHER , AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED ANYTHING .
YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN, HOW DO I KNOW BECAUSE YOU DON'T PREACH JESUS YOU PREACH CATHOLIC CHURCH. AND WHAT IT TEACHES , AND NOT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. INSTEAD YOU FAULT ANYONE WHO DOES BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE.
NO SPIRIT FILLED BELIEVER WOULD DO THAT IT IS CONTRARY TO THE TEACHES OF CHRIST.
YOU ARE STILL LOST HOJO, JESUS IS THE DOOR, TO ETERNAL LIFE YOU HAVE TO GGO THROUGH HIM TO GET TO HEAVEN.
NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WHO PREACHES MARY , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS DON'T HAVE A QUEEN, WE HAVE A KING, HE IS LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS HIS NAME IS IMMANUEL, PRINCE OF PEACE , WONDERFUL COUNCILLOR .

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#551780 Jul 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI...Every word in the Bible applies, is binding, has application, to every human from the beginning of time to eternity....
The opinion of a thief really doesn't count for much, thief.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551781 Jul 28, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just willing to lie for your belief in Peter and the Popes.
I don't have to lie about ANYTHING , when it relates to over 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ when HE gave us HIS OneTrue Universal (Catholic) Church in Matthew 16:13-21.......You are just another one of the rebellious and defiant Prodigal Son Protestants who refuse to accept the (verifiable and proven) TRUTH of the bible, TRUE Church History, and Our Lords One TRUE Church----that Paul confirms and re-affirms in zI Timothy 3:15 --when he calls THE CHURCH ---- not the bible alone--- is the Pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.........The TRUTH is "clear"------you just "reject it---in your defiance and rebelliousness-!......
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#551782 Jul 28, 2014
Did Jesus Descend into Hell?

Randy Alcorn

HomeDeath & ResurrectionThe CrucifixionDid Jesus Descend into Hell?

We know from Jesus’ statement to the thief that when one dies they enter the presence of God immediately. Luke 23:42 states,“Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.” This statement also tells us that Jesus went to His Father upon death.

Beyond this we know very little about where Jesus was for three days. One must be careful not to read too much detail into a parable or story....

The passage of Scripture most referred to by those holding to the hell theory is 1 Peter 3:18-20.“For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.” The words they point to are “in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison.” Supposedly, Jesus descended to hell and preached to lost souls. But why? Nowhere in the Bible is there any statement that a lost soul who has died can have a second chance. Did Jesus go to hell just to torment the lost souls more? There is a more reasonable interpretation of this passage.

Jesus was put to death in the flesh, but was made alive by the Spirit. The word “made alive” is passive, meaning that someone other than Jesus made Him alive. Either Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, or in His spirit. Either way the Spirit must have been involved. Then the passage continues by telling us who these souls in prison are, they are those who did not listen to Noah (who was preaching repentance in the Spirit’s power to the world at the direction of God). Thus, the same Spirit who raised Jesus as a testimony “in order that He might bring us to God” also had spoken in Noah’s day to those souls now in prison; and they are in prison because they did not listen at the time of the preaching. In fact, only eight people listened and were saved—”brought safely through the water.” The idea of “prison” is figurative. The Bible does indicate that lost souls are removed and restrained in Luke 16:26:“And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, in order that those who wish to come over from here to you may not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.”

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus went to hell during the three days. Actually, very little is said about what went on. The normal assumption is that Jesus’ fleshly body remained in the tomb, just as ours will remain in the grave. He went to the presence of the Father, and three days later the Spirit resurrected His body (in the same way that our bodies will be resurrected—the first-born from the dead in Colossians 1:18). The difference is that God did not allow Jesus’ body to decay....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551783 Jul 28, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HoJo, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CAN NOT POSSIBLEY BE THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHURCH. JUST AS A WIFE AND HUSBAND CAN NOT BE UNEVENLY YOKED .
NEITHER CAN A DENOMINATION THAT DOESN'T BELIEVE THE WHOLE BIBLE, OR TEACH CONTRARY TO THE BIBLE TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST.
YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, IN FACT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S LEADERS CHANGED THEM.
YOU CAN NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN A DIVINE CREATOR, AND THAT OF IDOL CRAVED FROM WOOD , PLACED ON A CROSS AND CALLING IT JESUS.
IT IS A FALSE IMAGE, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT CHRIST LOOKS LIKE.
NOT ONLY THAT THE POPE WALKS AROUND WITH A STAFF, WITH THE IMAGE OF A CORPSE ON IT , A DECAYED CORPSE AT THAT AND SAYS IT REPRESENTS JESUS.
NO IT DOESN'T;; BECAUSE JESUS NEVER WAS A DECAYED CORPSE.
PSALM 16:10 ACT 2:27 . IT TOO IS AN IDOL.
RELIGION'S IS NOT GODS IDEA HOJO, SALVATION IS GOD'S IDEA.
IF ANY OF US WANT TO BE SAVED, WE MUST LET GO OF OUR RELIGIOUS IDEA'S.
THE RITUALS AND BELIEFS THAT SOME OF US FOLLOW ARE ABOMINATION TO GOD . BECAUSE SOME OF THESE RITUALS WERE AND STILL ARE BEING USED IN PAGAN RELIGIONS.
SORRY HOJO, YOU LEFT ONE DEAD END RELIGION FOR ANOTHER , AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED ANYTHING .
YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN, HOW DO I KNOW BECAUSE YOU DON'T PREACH JESUS YOU PREACH CATHOLIC CHURCH. AND WHAT IT TEACHES , AND NOT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. INSTEAD YOU FAULT ANYONE WHO DOES BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE.
NO SPIRIT FILLED BELIEVER WOULD DO THAT IT IS CONTRARY TO THE TEACHES OF CHRIST.
YOU ARE STILL LOST HOJO, JESUS IS THE DOOR, TO ETERNAL LIFE YOU HAVE TO GGO THROUGH HIM TO GET TO HEAVEN.
NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WHO PREACHES MARY , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS DON'T HAVE A QUEEN, WE HAVE A KING, HE IS LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS HIS NAME IS IMMANUEL, PRINCE OF PEACE , WONDERFUL COUNCILLOR .
I/we as Catholics ALL know that Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, the life, the door, the way of Salvation, and any other biblical adjective that describes HIM......You bible only "fundies" are so stuck on your 21st century Sola Scriptura/Sola Ecclesia --half truth, half heresy Christianity that you can't see the enormous picture of the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH that Jesus Christ gave to us Christians (manifested in and through His One True Apostolic a Catholic Church.......That is why the TRUTH of TRUE Church History is embraced in Jesus Christ and His Church ----in the Word of God --alone---Sola Verbum Dei...This Word comes from Jesus and the Apostles through both the written and the unwritten ( oral tradition) 2Thess 2:15 which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matt16:18,19, I Tim 3:15 ... The ineffable "wisdom" of a God is made known through HIS Church Eph 3:9-10-------NOT in over 42,200+ contradicting , inconsistent and conflicting bible only (man-made) denominations

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551784 Jul 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE a LIAR.

Plain and Simple.

Location hidden

#551785 Jul 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
catholics falsely think that Jesus is instructing them to [eat] His body, since those are His Words.

Christians know that He is speaking Spiritually, not literally, so those words DO NOT apply to every human being as you kindly suggest.

they DONT know the difference between literal and Spiritual, as you have shown that you don't either.

Paul was speaking to that church in the literal sense, not to every church, I recognize the difference, unlike you and the catholics.

that understanding comes when a person is Born again. AS YOU AREN'T

Location hidden

#551786 Jul 28, 2014
when I was anointed for my heart problem, Phyliss was and is the Pastor of that Church. God gave me a vision that I was to go there and be Anointed.

I understood the Vision, I went and was Anointed, and God answered the prayers, and that blockage was taken away.

you, oxbore, can dispute me all that you wish.

but I am like the blind man, who was healed and it is this.

I HAD A BLOCKAGE AND NOW I DONT.

DO I PREFER A MAN OVER A WOMAN PREACHING?

YEP. NO CONTEST, BUT THIS WOMAN IS A GOOD WOMAN WHO LOVES THE LORD, AND HER HUSBAND WAS MY BEST MAN AT MY WEDDING, WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS SINCE THE DAYS OF OUR YOUTH

Location hidden

#551787 Jul 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE a LIAR.
Plain and Simple.
Prove that I am a liar.....

This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work

Show me Scripture that reads:
This is a true saying, If a woman desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work

Location hidden

#551788 Jul 28, 2014
LTM wrote:
Did Jesus Descend into Hell?
Randy Alcorn
HomeDeath & ResurrectionThe CrucifixionDid Jesus Descend into Hell?
Beyond this we know very little about where Jesus was for three days. One must be careful not to read too much detail into a parable or story....
The passage of Scripture most referred to by those holding to the hell theory is 1 Peter 3:18-20.“For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.” The words they point to are “in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison.” Supposedly, Jesus descended to hell and preached to lost souls. But why? Nowhere in the Bible is there any statement that a lost soul who has died can have a second chance. Did Jesus go to hell just to torment the lost souls more? There is a more reasonable interpretation of this passage.
Jesus was put to death in the flesh, but was made alive by the Spirit. The word “made alive” is passive, meaning that someone other than Jesus made Him alive. Either Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, or in His spirit. Either way the Spirit must have been involved. Then the passage continues by telling us who these souls in prison are, they are those who did not listen to Noah (who was preaching repentance in the Spirit’s power to the world at the direction of God). Thus, the same Spirit who raised Jesus as a testimony “in order that He might bring us to God” also had spoken in Noah’s day to those souls now in prison; and they are in prison because they did not listen at the time of the preaching. In fact, only eight people listened and were saved—”brought safely through the water.” The idea of “prison” is figurative. The Bible does indicate that lost souls are removed and restrained in Luke 16:26:“And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, in order that those who wish to come over from here to you may not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.”
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus went to hell during the three days. Actually, very little is said about what went on. The normal assumption is that Jesus’ fleshly body remained in the tomb, just as ours will remain in the grave. He went to the presence of the Father, and three days later the Spirit resurrected His body (in the same way that our bodies will be resurrected—the first-born from the dead in Colossians 1:18). The difference is that God did not allow Jesus’ body to decay....
LTM; whoever this person is, he is not teaching the Word of God. for instance, this paragraph.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus went to hell during the three days. Actually, very little is said about what went on
.[[The normal assumption is that Jesus’ fleshly body remained in the tomb,]]]
just as ours will remain in the grave. He went to the presence of the Father, and three days later the Spirit resurrected His body (in the same way that our bodies will be resurrected—the first-born from the dead in Colossians 1:18). The difference is that God did not allow Jesus’ body to decay.
My Bible says that the women went to the Tom and found it empty, so he is lying by saying this is the [normal assumption], because it isn't Biblical.
and he is lying when he says that the bible doesn't say that Jesus went down into Hell. Peter Speaks expressly about Jesus Preaching to those who were in the grave.
we need to check what people say and try to teach and compare it to what God says. this guy falls way short with his lies.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551789 Jul 28, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HoJo, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CAN NOT POSSIBLEY BE THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHURCH.
Sorry to disappoint you and burst your anti-catholic bubble but Jesus Christs Biblically and historical PROVEN Universal (Catholic) Church----IS, HAS and will ALWAYS be-----Our Lords One True Church and your bible only 21st century charade is heading (as you say) down a dead end street of more and more confusion, chaos, contradiction. Inconsistency, conflict, division, and splintering....Until you come to the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Catholic Church NOTHING will ever make " spiritual sense" to you in your modernistic bible only 21st century "limited thinking" !!!....

Location hidden

#551790 Jul 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>catholics falsely think that Jesus is instructing them to [eat] His body, since those are His Words.
Christians know that He is speaking Spiritually, not literally, so those words DO NOT apply to every human being as you kindly suggest.
they DONT know the difference between literal and Spiritual, as you have shown that you don't either.
Paul was speaking to that church in the literal sense, not to every church, I recognize the difference, unlike you and the catholics.
that understanding comes when a person is Born again. AS YOU AREN'T
Christ spoke words concerning the bread/wine/his body/his blood...in the figurative sense....He used an analogue....and I binding on all,

Paul addressed words that spoke of the church....the church is not made up the congregation Paul was talking to!!!!

The church is made up of any and all Christian congregations...regardless of denomination..

Regarding you being born again....I believe that as much as I believe pigs do fly.....literally!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min NoStress4me 56,391
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Rider on the Storm 182,984
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Hoss 971,896
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 30 min str8npanty 3
Have a wonderful weekend..4REAL 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,360
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,006
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Ajay 74
More from around the web