Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692116 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

yon

Miami Beach, FL

#551690 Jul 27, 2014
FACT: The vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses were former Catholics.

Why are most Jehovah's Witnesses former Roman Catholics?

Roman Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses share exactly these same qualities:(26 Total)

http://www.bible.ca/cath-JW-converting.htm
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551691 Jul 27, 2014
who="marge"]<quot ed text>
So nice to see you back Kay Marie, I hope you know when stating faith matters I'm in total agreement with all you've said, and with Rosy for that matter. Blessings to you and confrinting and your family.

----------
Thanks, Marge. It's hard for one to argue faith matters if you read The Book, isn't it?:)
I've been teaching an adult S.S. class for nearly 40 years, A teacher HAS to study or they will be found empty.
We've been married 62 years today, and have been active in church the whole time.

Blessings...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551692 Jul 27, 2014
who="RoSesz"]<quo ted text>
I will and I'm looking forward to watching that movie if I can .
Since you liked it I'll assume it comes from a Christian perspective.
I had wanted to see Noah but then I read about it and don't think I'll pay to see it .

----------
Heaven is for Real is an excellent and true story. Noah seems to be questionable...I haven't seen it. I understand that Fireproof and Courageous are good pictures. I have seen the first, but not the second.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551693 Jul 27, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
You said Phebe was a pastor...which, by your "logic", makes her a male!!!!!
What you have is not curable..

----------
That is YOUR logic, not mine. I simply explained that men who translated that verse lived in a time when men thought that women were not to be involved in ministry.
Phoebe was a woman...and a pastor.

I learned a lot when one of those women fighters told me I needed to get into the Bible and learn my place. I DID! Boy, did I learn a lot!:)

I wouldn't want to be cured of 'the Truth'.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551694 Jul 27, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
That is YOUR logic, not mine. I simply explained that men who translated that verse lived in a time when men thought that women were not to be involved in ministry.
I learned a lot when one of those women fighters told me I needed to get into the Bible and learn my place. I DID! Boy, did I learn a lot!:)
psssttt! don't tell Oxbore that the FIRST person to spread the Gospel was a woman.

we don't want to shock him into reality

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551695 Jul 27, 2014
Hey tojo!!!! Look!!!

Q: Do you support or oppose marriage between two persons of the same sex?

Two-thirds of Catholics around the world oppose gay marriage. Only in the United States and Spain do majorities of Catholics support it.

With 78.2 million Catholics in the US...the majority, at the very least, is 39.2 million that support it!!!

That is more than twice the membership of the SBC!!!!

Excerpt: SBC on same sex marriages...
RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting in Phoenix, Arizona, June 17–18, 2003, affirm that legal and biblical marriage can only occur between one man and one woman; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we continue to oppose steadfastly all efforts by any court or state legislature to validate or legalize same-sex marriage or other equivalent unions; and be it further

SBC follows the teaching of the Sacred Infallible Word of God....

Location hidden

#551696 Jul 27, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
There you go again...trying to lie your way out of the hole you dug..

Your words:Phoebe was a woman...and a pastor. You said earlier that the word "servant" meant a pastor and a pastor was a male!!!!

It is evident that you do not have the spiritual capacity to understand any spiritual message.. So, I will go the humanistic, common sense, natural man way...

Scripture says Phebe was a servant...a helper..true, a pastor serves the membership of the church...true a pastor helps his members...

But and however, a pastor is addressed as Pastor Brown, or Pastor John Brown, or Pastor John, if John Brown be his name..

Never is he addressed as servant Brown, or servant John Brown, or servant John, if John Brown be his name..

Never is he addressed as helper Brown, or helper John Brown, or helper John, if John Brown be his name..

Similarly Scripture refers to Phebe as servant...helper...because that is what she was...a servant and a helper....never is she referred to as pastor Phebe...

Quote:
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

For you to say Phebe was a pastor is saying the Word of God is wrong as rain...
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551697 Jul 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Hey tojo...look!!!!
Q: Do you think that women should be allowed to become Catholic priests?
Catholics around the world split 45 percent in favor to 51 percent against opening the priesthood to women.
Absolutely Not!.........Your distorted statistics "MEAN NOTHING to no one but YOU!!!,,,,,The historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church is NOT based on polls, votes, or opinions.but IS based upon over 2000' years of the TRUTH of the Word of God.........Your bible only Protestant 42,200 contradicting denominations ALL depend on editorialized self opinions---- in order to keep their inconsistent divisions in a constant state of chaos and that is exactly the reason that "voting booths" are being installed in everyProtestant Church!......
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551698 Jul 27, 2014
The Strange Case of a Possible First Century Fragment of Mark

On his website, Daniel B. Wallace, an apologetic professor at Dallas Theological Seminary, mentions his announcement in February 2012 that a *probable* first century fragment of Mark has been recovered from antiquity.

His post is dated March of that year and claims a book would be published in 2013.

http://danielbwallace.com/2012/03/22/first-ce...

Guess what? We've entered the last half of 2014 and no book yet. A delay of the book's publication could suggest problems with the find. Or not.

So I went looking for info.

What I found both bothered me but also suggests Wallace's claim *may* have merit.

But first a short background. Very early fragments of Christian texts are rather rare, and none of them date earlier than the 2nd century, with the earliest being a fragment of John from the first half of that century. So a 1st century fragment of Mark would be a significant find. In addition, the six fragments of other Christian texts Wallace mentions at the above link, suggesting a 2nd century date for them, also would be significant, but not nearly so much so as a 1st century fragment of Mark.

Now enter Hobby Lobby, the closely-held corporation that successfully challenged application of part of "ObamaCare" to it because of the owners' Christian beliefs.

The family that owns Hobby Lobby has put together a massive collection of ancient or otherwise rare biblical texts, and, according to the NYT, they have been on a recent buying spree to expand that collection:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/12/business/12...

And it appears they are behind the recent discoveries Wallace mentioned -- and thousands of other fragments.

Thousands?

Yup.

How so?

Mining mummy masks.

Mining mummy masks, you ask?

Would I lie to you?

It appears these folks are taking mummy masks that are the rough equivalent of paper-mâché, dunking them in Palmolive and water, and then shredding them to retrieve the texts that were used to create them.

I think it's great if a 1st century copy of Mark has been recovered from antiquity. Critical scholars date Mark to the late 1st century, and such a find would be consistent with that.

But I question the process.

I also question the credentials of some involved and whether what they are doing is legal.

I won't go into details about that here.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551699 Jul 27, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be comforting for you and many others not having to think for yourself.
ramen
We as Catholics ALL think for ourselves and it ALL parallels the teachings of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, the TRUTH of the Word of God and the historical TRUTH of TRUE Church History..........Bible only "fundamentalists" are ALL rebellious and defiant self-opinionated thinkers who are in a constant state of bible interpretation ( or mis-interpretation ) the result of which is and more chaos, more and more confusion and never ending Protestant bible contradiction,

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#551700 Jul 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again...trying to lie your way out of the hole you dug..
Your words:Phoebe was a woman...and a pastor. You said earlier that the word "servant" meant a pastor and a pastor was a male!!!!
It is evident that you do not have the spiritual capacity to understand any spiritual message.. So, I will go the humanistic, common sense, natural man way...
Scripture says Phebe was a servant...a helper..true, a pastor serves the membership of the church...true a pastor helps his members...
But and however, a pastor is addressed as Pastor Brown, or Pastor John Brown, or Pastor John, if John Brown be his name..
Never is he addressed as servant Brown, or servant John Brown, or servant John, if John Brown be his name..
Never is he addressed as helper Brown, or helper John Brown, or helper John, if John Brown be his name..
Similarly Scripture refers to Phebe as servant...helper...because that is what she was...a servant and a helper....never is she referred to as pastor Phebe...
Quote:
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For you to say Phebe was a pastor is saying the Word of God is wrong as rain...
A thief's post is meaningless, thief.

Location hidden

#551701 Jul 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely Not!.........Your distorted statistics "MEAN NOTHING to no one but YOU!!!,,,,,The historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church is NOT based on polls, votes, or opinions.but IS based upon over 2000' years of the TRUTH of the Word of God.........Your bible only Protestant 42,200 contradicting denominations ALL depend on editorialized self opinions---- in order to keep their inconsistent divisions in a constant state of chaos and that is exactly the reason that "voting booths" are being installed in everyProtestant Church!......
Point being, two-thirds of Catholics around the world oppose gay marriage. Only in the United States and Spain do majorities of Catholics support it.

With 78.2 million Catholics in the US...the majority, at the very least, is 39.2 million that support it!!! That is more than twice the membership of the SBC!!!!

Location hidden

#551702 Jul 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief's post is meaningless, thief.
Cite your sources, thief. How do thieves weight in, thief? A thief's post is meaningless, thief.
----------
The 'net"....but, you know that...Keep on lying...you are good at it...

thief: a person who steals something from another

Not guilty...it never happened.....
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#551703 Jul 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol..........
I have dared any catholic to tell us what traditions(teachings) that he was writing to this church, written or spoken, and none of you can tell US.
the word traditions or writings are not that important, what is is you catholics trying to say that he meant ALL of the believers when he didn't.
that is why I call you a liar.
Preston, you are sorely ignorant of the meaning of Tradition, with a capital T.

“Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture are bound closely together and communicate one with the other.
For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing and move towards the same goal.”
Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own “always, to the close of the age."
Mt 28:20

They are two distinct modes of transmission

“Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit.”

“And [Holy] Tradition transmits in its entirety the Word of God which has been entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit. It transmits it to the successors of the apostles so that, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, they may faithfully preserve, expound, and spread it abroad by their preaching.”

As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted,“does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone.
Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence.”

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/wh... #
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#551704 Jul 27, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Cisco Kid"]<quoted text>
That is exactly the point in question.
Since the Holy Spirit cannot err, then the only explaination for over 33,000 protestant sects is; individuals cannot read and understand scripture correctly.
Seek guidance from The Catholic Church in understanding The Bible we compiled and published.
Only the producer of the book can direct you in interpretation.
The real question is..........
Will you humble yourself before God's Holy Spirit or continue in your self-prideful ways?
----------

Cisco...THINK! If 33,000 Protestant groups differ in interpretation of the Bible...just add ONE MORE...The Catholic group! At least we didn't claim to have written it...and THEN got it wrong...
Kay Marie!
If 33,000 Protestant groups differ in interpretation of the Bible including YOU, why do you think you are correct rebelling against the only true church? The Catholic Church.

How can you accuse God's Spirit as being wrong as 33,000 different Protestant groups?

Why do you doubt the Holy Spirit as being correct?

God's Holy Spirit leads the Catholic Church.

Humble yourself before God's Holy Spirit or continue in your self-prideful ways.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#551705 Jul 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...33,000?? That's a big drop from yesterday of 42,200.
YIKES!!
No surprise Michael..

More and more people wise up every day and flee protestant cults to return to The Mother Church.

Ecclesia catholica est via, Volume via, veritas et vita.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#551706 Jul 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>have you NOT heard that Obama has called for all Tent Preachers to Fold up their tents. that is why there is a large drop according to {I do sin} aka cisco keed, plus all store front churches in Calif., especially around Berkeley. JK
Your mentors, Obama's "Reverend" Wright and Al Sharpton are claiming your soiled turf.

The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost! Preston.

Maybe you can get them to hire you?........ Birds of a feather and all that.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#551707 Jul 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<
BECAUSE I KNEW I WAS SAVED!
Better hope God agrees with your prideful assumption, Preston.

"“Two people went up to the temple area to pray; one was a Pharisee and the other was a tax collector.

The Pharisee took up his position and spoke this prayer to himself,
‘O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of humanity—greedy, dishonest, adulterous—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, and I pay tithes on my whole income.’

But the tax collector stood off at a distance and would not even raise his eyes to heaven but beat his breast and prayed,‘O God, be merciful to me a sinner.’

I tell you, the latter went home justified, not the former; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 18:10-14

"“Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,* but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."
Matt.7:21
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#551708 Jul 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>HEY !!!!! I FOUND YOUR nose,
IT WAS IN MY BUSINESS, AGAIN
Do you usually rent that space out?
Whatever thrills you..........

With me, It's Exit Only!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551709 Jul 27, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Trump Whines 47,105
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 17 min Doctor REALITY 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Big Al 990,683
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 35 min what I think happ... 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 8 hr Johnny 464
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 13 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
More from around the web