Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,658
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#551261 Jul 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, love, hope - all generate from the brain.
Please show me your citation or evidence that they are products of the heart.
not brain for sure,esspecialy yours monkey brainn

rather from Bible goes such fruits of God's Spirit gal 5;22-24

you are as usual demented dumb blind poor cyber wrecked miserable left behind idiot, and poor uneducated loser
see you latter Bozo, next visit to your room is schedule at 8 PM,
I do have to many goofs everywhere to visit you earlier?be just cool and patient?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551262 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't love "Christians". Please correct your thinking.
I'm only here to help them see what honesty is all about. You too, since you fail to see this trait as one that can bring success.
So if you stick with this angle, you'll be safe in all future posting to me.
Are you suggesting then that you DON'T know the meaning of the word LOVE???

The Christians believe they love others when they preach how to avoid ending eternity with suffering in hell.

You apparently don't care enough to LOVE others in such a DEEP way.

I'm just spoofing you ... as you try to spoof others into believing you are indeed a divine spiritual leader.

I'm not here to preach at others how to love, because the truth is, I believe that word love ought to be debunked as anything resembling kindness.
StarC

United States

#551263 Jul 24, 2014
Attention Catholics & All interested,
If you visit the Los Angeles area be sure to visit here. btw it's near Disneyland .

EWTN News

"EWTN To Open West Coast Studio at Christ Cathedral Campus!
EWTN Global Catholic Network has begun construction of its first West Coast television production facility located on the campus of Christ Cathedral in the Diocese of Orange, California. EWTN hopes to begin using the studio to transmit news, televised Masses, and inspiring stories of faith to its global audience by the end of the year. A joint announcement of the new facility was made at the annual Napa Institute gathering in Napa, California on July 24 by EWTN Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael P. Warsaw and the Most Rev. Kevin Vann, Bishop of Orange.

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange acquired the former Crystal Cathedral in November 2011 and took possession of the property in September 2013. Shortly after moving onto the campus, the Diocese began an extensive renovation to restore the 34-acre campus and its seven buildings to their former magnificence - upgrading them to modern earthquake and energy efficiency standards in order to accommodate the unique needs of a large and vibrant parish, Diocesan Pastoral Office and Catholic school. As part of the renovations of the campus, the Diocese has worked to develop the capacity to share its events, liturgical celebrations, news and other topics of interest with audiences throughout Southern California and the world.

“As we transform the Christ Cathedral campus into a dynamic and inspirational center of Catholic worship and outreach, we are blessed to partner with EWTN to share our community’s energy and faithful witness with the world. EWTN’s partnership will profoundly benefit our Church, enabling us to share the love of Christ with millions across the world in multiple languages from the Cathedral campus, here in Orange County,” said the Most Rev. Kevin Vann, Bishop of Orange."

Prince George, Canada

#551264 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Faith, love, hope - all generate from the brain.
Faith and hope that swelled in your brain-cells in the hope and faith that others will see that you are a divine spiritual leader.

The word love is another MATTER, that I suggest should be held up to the light as being nothing more than selfish desires.

"I will love you "IF" you follow my religious teachings ... and furthermore, Jesus feels the same about the issue."
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551265 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's possible that the confusion of religious hyperbole has caused many people to depend on alcohol or pot or hard drugs such as cocaine, in order to find some mental relief from the worry of burning in hells taught by the theologians.
Theologians were paid to preach and write more and more junk. So as time went by, most everything human was labeled as being a SIN ... and offensive to GOD!
JUNKOLOGY!!!
I don't believe that a creator exists to give a rat's ass one way or the other.
....ABOUT 40 miles from my location is a rehab/repair center for broken down catholic priests/bishops. Clergy with alcohol substance abuse issues, mental disorders,and other psyc. Issues are taken out of regular service and housed there receiving treatment.

....One. would believe that God would be watching out for his stewards of the one true Catholic church and no such issues should ever inflict catholic clergy..........NOPE!.....no special considerations are given to anyone.

....where is God when you need him?
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551266 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify your comments: I DO NOT hate the Bible only Church that I was connected with for over 35 years--despite what you might think....In fact--I am thankful for being raised in my bible only Church because the more that I studied sacred scripture (along with researching and studying over 2000 years of Church History, the more I begin to come to the knowledge and realize the TRUTH of The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and that HE was the one who initiated, formed and authenticated ONLY ONE TRUE (Universal) Church and it was Catholic!!!
In addition, my family still attend that bible only Church in California and whenever on a visit, I will attend Church with them----however---always making sure that it does not interfere with worshipping Jesus Christ at both daily and Sunday Mass.......The main difference is that the Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that possesses the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ (only in and through) HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---which open up to the Fullness in "growing in the faith and Salvation of Our Lord...
....You certainly don't say anything nice about them in all your posts, often using a derogatory remark "Fundies" instead of their proper term Fundamentalists

......Your the first to cry whenever anyone says anything negative about catholics. GROW UP. and move on!
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551267 Jul 24, 2014
Holy dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>

not brain for sure,esspecialy yours monkey brainn
......Your spelling and sentence structure clearly indicate you have the monkey brain. Wait!!! Monkeys are smarter than that.(lol)

Prince George, Canada

#551268 Jul 24, 2014
Christian ... "If I didn't love you as Jesus loves you, I would not remind you that if you don't belong to my religion Jesus and God will both reject you to hell.

And if that isn't love, then what IS love?"

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#551269 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are certain that Jesus left his VILE and SINFUL position of being a Jewish rabbi to jump in the Jordon river with the Catholic SAINT John to be baptized and born-anew as a de-Judaized, purified and ever so HOLY Catholic ... just like YOU.
Hi June gloom,

No one said the Jewish faith was "vile and sinful" June bug.
Those are ur words.:(

FYI - Jesus was born PURE!

But.....Thank u June, for calling me holy!
:)

Prince George, Canada

#551270 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....You certainly don't say anything nice about them in all your posts, often using a derogatory remark "Fundies" instead of their proper term Fundamentalists
......Your the first to cry whenever anyone says anything negative about catholics. GROW UP. and move on!
hojo won't move on unless he changes his brain-cells for new ones ... because he has dedicated his self to preaching that those who are not Catholic will be rejected by Jesus and God to eternal suffering in hell.

hojo is dutiful and seems certain that he has tremendous faith in his own ability to spot universal truth. Enough faith "in fact" to move mountains.

:)

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#551271 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Hi Star
...I am a very caring and loving person. You just don't want me to be.
..... My soul is Lilly white and free of any of those pesky sins that you commit.
....I am enjoying another beautiful day.
...gotta run Star! have a wonderful day.
Mike since ur so pure why don't u become a pastor, u can get certified on- line. lol
Just like self appointed confrint and preston.

"Ready to be a Pastor?
christianeducation.com
Earn a Degree in Pastoral Studies At Home! Take the First Step Today."

Must run too, it's lunch time in the SoCal.

Prince George, Canada

#551272 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....ABOUT 40 miles from my location is a rehab/repair center for broken down catholic priests/bishops. Clergy with alcohol substance abuse issues, mental disorders,and other psyc. Issues are taken out of regular service and housed there receiving treatment.
....One. would believe that God would be watching out for his stewards of the one true Catholic church and no such issues should ever inflict catholic clergy..........NOPE!.....no special considerations are given to anyone.
....where is God when you need him?
I feel nothing but empathy for those priests.

Had my father stayed in the Catholic religion, he might have also ended up with a nervous breakdown. However, when a priest told my father that those who were not Catholic would burn in hell ... my father left the church and it's horrible memories of molestation and lies to go elsewhere for more lies fed to him by the men of the Rosicrucian Order, who in turn taught him that reincarnation was the ANSWER to the "secret" knowledge.

My poor father was a good man and a kind man, without all of that nonsense confusing him and constantly milking him of his hard-earned money.

Prince George, Canada

#551273 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see as an improvement...but, instead, a step backward...
I suggest you would believe that if hojo joined your Protestant faith it would be a definite step forward for HIM ... RIGHT???

However hojo would believe that to step back into his Protestant faith would be a step backward for him.

Do you get the picture???

Concept of the word "improvement" is located in the "individual" mentality of the religious devotee.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#551274 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting then that you DON'T know the meaning of the word LOVE???
I didn't suggest that at all.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>The Christians believe they love others when they preach how to avoid ending eternity with suffering in hell.
That is the so-called "Christians". I don't believe in "hell" - which is a construct of man to cause fear in others.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>You apparently don't care enough to LOVE others in such a DEEP way.
Why should I promote such nonsense? You must have a reason to support their cause. What is it?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just spoofing you ... as you try to spoof others into believing you are indeed a divine spiritual leader.
Oh - now you admit you really don't know. Why do you think your posts are informative or funny? You miss the boat on so much of what you post.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not here to preach at others how to love, because the truth is, I believe that word love ought to be debunked as anything resembling kindness.
Really? Oh, okay.

Perception = Self.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#551275 Jul 24, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't formed an opinion with regards to speculative physics. I simply don't know enough in the matter.
Here's the thing, though. Energy organizes into matter, matter organizes further as it cools, properties come out depending on atomic structure, which becomes more organized when combined into molecules, and so on. The physics of the universe is both unpredictable (what you're calling chaotic) and organized via whatever rules of math it follows.
Hidingfromyou

Peace

I can understand having not formed an opinion on the chaotic(multiverse) or symmetric universe.

But in a sense doesn't this hamper the ability of a materialist in whatever they do? They do not know if there is beauty or chaos?

Whereas a person that has decided one way or the other operates more efficiently, being unimpeded by doubt.....

Living a holistic lifestyle, or single-mindedness, seems overall better to me. At the faith level, there is no need to be dualistic in one's mind.

Still I understand the lack of knowledge to form an opinion on the nature of the universe is rather widely held by all.

Prince George, Canada

#551276 Jul 24, 2014
Having been caught for so many years under the hypnotic spell of religion, I can relate to the confusion far more than an Atheist who never went through the confusion by being bombarded from all sides with conflicting religious dogmas.

Children have no defense when the parents and others they adore and respect teach them that a creator definitely exists and in turn has all the power to accept or reject human behavior, and to in turn reward or punish that behavior.

But I survived it and I overcame it on my own terms.

FREE at last to be ME ... human and whole ... just as I am.

Prince George, Canada

#551277 Jul 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I didn't suggest that at all.
<quoted text>
That is the so-called "Christians". I don't believe in "hell" - which is a construct of man to cause fear in others.
<quoted text>
Why should I promote such nonsense? You must have a reason to support their cause. What is it?
<quoted text>
Oh - now you admit you really don't know. Why do you think your posts are informative or funny? You miss the boat on so much of what you post.
<quoted text>
Really? Oh, okay.
Perception = Self.
You never fooled me. You are here because you believe you are a divine leader of spirits and can assure others that they are safe in your care with your gnowledge of all things spiritual.

I am free of vultures such as you, and I don't intend to ever subject myself to such idiocy again.

Prince George, Canada

#551278 Jul 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Still I understand the lack of knowledge to form an opinion on the nature of the universe is rather widely held by all.
Pity poor you that you can't make the world's people over into Catholics and fill your self with even more pompous notions that you understand universal religious truth.

Prince George, Canada

#551279 Jul 24, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike since ur so pure why don't u become a pastor.
Since when are pastors pure???

They preach that they are also sinners.

That must be why they lead the flock into sin.

tongue in cheek

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#551280 Jul 24, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy enough to imagine any scenario to protect one's believe in deities. You can simply imagine them out of the universe - demonstrating your claim has some merit is entirely a different matter.
I rejected your description of faith and we never came to an agreement there. For me, faith is the thoughtless, blind acceptance of belief. Hence, your faith remains unchanged in the face of evidence from contemporary science and despite lack of evidence on your part.
Faith, hope and love are observable phenomena.
Hidingfromyou

Back at you..., some atheists have blind acceptance of belief as well.

Contemporary science does not prove nor disprove God. It is your willingness to accept as a supposition(though you may think otherwise, but some might call it blindly) God does not exist which limits a potential within yourself that you reject.

If you were a bit softer, perhaps agnostic in your atheist view, then what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min karl44 794,322
# 1 Interracial Dating Site for Interracial sin... 23 min chicagodating 4
Interracial Dating in Chicago, Chicago Interrac... 31 min interracialchicag... 4
gigolo 37 min hardii53f63db 1
# 1 Interracial Dating Chicago- Interracial Dat... 52 min lovechicago 3
horny peeps 58 min mike 1
koi ladki friendship karna chahti hai to reply ... (Oct '12) 1 hr gauravish 12
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Palestine will pr... 120,657
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,103
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr lightbeamrider 514
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 267,338
More from around the web