Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 636939 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551514 Jul 25, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
Par for the course!!!!!
Quote: If the headline didn't get your attention, the teaser for the op-ed might. It reads: "Thanks to horrible Christian comments online, I realized there's a big difference between being Christian and following Jesus."
Christian, i.e. follower of Christ
You really show why the Bible teaches:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
----------
A real misogynist, huh?
Well,(I) GOD made women...and I'm not ashamed to be one.
(2) Abraham disagreed with Sarah about Ishmael...God told him to do what SARAH said.
(3) Read Luke. A number of women traveled with Jesus and the disciples and ministered
to them. These same women went to Jerusalem, watched at the cross, and
went to the tomb with His body. They were the first to see the resurrected
Jesus, and carried His message to the disciples, who refused to believe
them. They were with the Apostles in the Upper Room and were filled with
the Holy Ghost.
(4) Paul was teaching the formerly pagan Corinthians, when he cautioned the women to keep
silence in the church, rather than talking aloud during the ministry, asking their husbands
questions.
Paul acknowledges women in ministry...even recognizing Phoebe as pastor of a church.
You should read up on women...especially since one of them birthed Jesus to begin with.
Good to see you Kay .
Hope you are doing better . GOD bless you both
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551515 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more disagreement in your church than an other...
WASHINGTON, D.C., February 20, 2014 ( LifeSiteNews.com )– A worldwide poll of self-described Catholics shows significant disagreement with Catholic doctrine among many Church members.
In a poll commissioned by the Spanish television station Univision, majorities of 12,038 Catholics in 12 countries expressed beliefs against Catholic doctrine on issues like abortion, same-sex “marriage,” and contraceptive use. The Church opposes all three.
According to the poll, while Pope Francis received 87 percent approval, 57 percent of Catholics thought abortion should be legal “in some cases,” with nine percent declaring support any time. Seventy-eight percent of respondents support contraception use, 66 percent back same-sex “marriage,” and 51 percent believe women should be priests.
Thirty-eight percent of respondents believe divorce and remarriage outside of the Church means a person is living in sin, and 47 percent believe priests should be allowed to marry.
...when the followers aren't following, it means one thing....Dysfunction.

...How can the church operate with rules/regulations when the followers would rather be doing something else.

......the catholic church is in chaos.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551516 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Tojo....Auntie
Q: Do you agree or disagree with Catholic Church policy that says:“An individual who has divorced and remarried outside of the Catholic Church, is living in sin which prevents them from receiving Communion”?
58 percent of Catholics overall disagree with church teaching on divorce, but 75 percent of African Catholics agree with this policy.
Polls, opinions, samplings, taking a vote, or what each person thinks----"MEAN NOTHING" in regards to the TRUTH of DOCTRINE in the teachings of the Catholic Church..NOR does it mean "anything to the Catholic Church!.........Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is NOT a Democracy (in the taking of a vote) but a matter of obedience to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Dioctrine taught and proclaimed by the Catholic Church from The TRUE interpretation of the Bible (by the Early Church Fathers in 397AD and as handed down by Jesus Himself over 2000 years ago through HIS Church.....NO ONE is being forced to join or remain in the Catholic Church regarding those who disagree with its teachings.---ANYONE iis free to "go down the street" and join one of 42,200 contradicting and inconsistent half-truth, half- heresy" bible only Protestant Churches where they can "take a vote" EVERYDAY and EVERYTIME they disagree about something and eventually "start another personal opinionated denomination which only adds to the "already existing" chaos, confusion, contradicting and inconsistent (MIS-INTERPRETATION) of the bible that bible only Protestants
"Are so famous for"!.......
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551517 Jul 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...How can the church operate with rules/regulations when the followers would rather be doing something else.
They are free to "go and join" a Protestant Church (down the street) where they can (take a poll, vote, take another poll , then vote again, have arguments, debates, take another poll and vote again until they eventually "split" and add to the already 42,200 + inconsistent, chaotic and contradicting " hodge podge" of editorialized bible only opinions!!!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551518 Jul 25, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
Par for the course!!!!!
Quote: If the headline didn't get your attention, the teaser for the op-ed might. It reads: "Thanks to horrible Christian comments online, I realized there's a big difference between being Christian and following Jesus."
Christian, i.e. follower of Christ
You really show why the Bible teaches:
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
----------
A real misogynist, huh?
Well,(I) GOD made women...and I'm not ashamed to be one.
(2) Abraham disagreed with Sarah about Ishmael...God told him to do what SARAH said.
(3) Read Luke. A number of women traveled with Jesus and the disciples and ministered
to them. These same women went to Jerusalem, watched at the cross, and
went to the tomb with His body. They were the first to see the resurrected
Jesus, and carried His message to the disciples, who refused to believe
them. They were with the Apostles in the Upper Room and were filled with
the Holy Ghost.
(4) Paul was teaching the formerly pagan Corinthians, when he cautioned the women to keep
silence in the church, rather than talking aloud during the ministry, asking their husbands
questions.
Paul acknowledges women in ministry...even recognizing Phoebe as pastor of a church.
You should read up on women...especially since one of them birthed Jesus to begin with.
Quote Scripture that teaches the opposite of the following and you have a fallible Bible..

I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

She was a servant and helped many....

Servant: a person employed by another, esp. to perform domestic duties.
2. a person in the service of another.
3. a person employed by the government: a public servant.

Show me the word "pastor" in that definition...

Location hidden

#551519 Jul 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polls, opinions, samplings, taking a vote, or what each person thinks----"MEAN NOTHING" in regards to the TRUTH of DOCTRINE in the teachings of the Catholic Church..NOR does it mean "anything to the Catholic Church!.........Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is NOT a Democracy (in the taking of a vote) but a matter of obedience to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Dioctrine taught and proclaimed by the Catholic Church from The TRUE interpretation of the Bible (by the Early Church Fathers in 397AD and as handed down by Jesus Himself over 2000 years ago through HIS Church.....NO ONE is being forced to join or remain in the Catholic Church regarding those who disagree with its teachings.---ANYONE iis free to "go down the street" and join one of 42,200 contradicting and inconsistent half-truth, half- heresy" bible only Protestant Churches where they can "take a vote" EVERYDAY and EVERYTIME they disagree about something and eventually "start another personal opinionated denomination which only adds to the "already existing" chaos, confusion, contradicting and inconsistent (MIS-INTERPRETATION) of the bible that bible only Protestants
"Are so famous for"!.......
You have as much disagreement in your denomination as any other..

Q: Do you think that Catholic priests should be allowed to marry?

Catholics in Europe and the U.S. say priests should be allowed to marry. Latin America divides more closely, with Mexicans far more conservative than others.

Location hidden

#551520 Jul 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......the catholic church is in chaos.
You can lead a horse to water...but you cannot make him drink.....

Location hidden

#551521 Jul 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
"Examples of plagiarism
...copying and pasting from the Internet and posting somewhere else without proper citation...."
http://www.englishclub.com/writing/plagiarism...
Oops.
Thief.
A other example:
A student takes a large block of text from a book and quotes it in his paper word-for-word. The student puts a footnote into the paper indicating where the text came from; but, the student does not give any indication in the text that he or she is quoting directly from the paper.

Not guilty...never happened

Location hidden

#551522 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you Kay .
Hope you are doing better . GOD bless you both
Absolute stupidity: I realized there's a big difference between being Christian and following Jesus.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551523 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures do not say that. I would choose the Bible over ritual and tradition any day.
Your lack of knowledge concerning scripture causes you to teach against Christ. But what the heck, you get wafers and juice.
When you refer to the " lack of knowledge" with regard to the Scriptures YOU my friend along with your ( other) bible only " pick and choose" self-interpreters are the worst when it comes understanding the historical and biblical TRUE interpretation and from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....In 2 Thess 2:15,, Paul commands the faithful to obey Tradtion , whether it is oral or written--(he NEVER says written alone. Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about His One Universal Church and the authority she granted to His Apostles and their successors.The Bible is the Word of God but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be because it cannot interpret itself. The Bible directs us to an authority " outside of itself" to understand what it actually means...The Early Church Fathers who wrote the bible and correctly interpreted it in 382, 393, and 397AD did so to ensure that it was properly interpreted for generations to come ---and not abused with false and heretical interpretations (or better yet over 42,200+ mis-interpretation that continue to divide the Body of Christ like you " a Bible Only fundamentalists have done since the Reformation ...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551524 Jul 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you refer to the " lack of knowledge" with regard to the Scriptures YOU my friend along with your ( other) bible only " pick and choose" self-interpreters are the worst when it comes understanding the historical and biblical TRUE interpretation and from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....In 2 Thess 2:15,, Paul commands the faithful to obey Tradtion , whether it is oral or written--(he NEVER says written alone....
you use a Scripture to try and prove your POV. however that verse doesn't say the word{tradition] in it.

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

you claim that he told them to OBEY TRADITION.

you lie!!!!!!!!!!TYPICAL CATHOLIC

Location hidden

#551525 Jul 25, 2014
and IF I was a gambling man(which I am not) HOJO will not come back and admit that he was wrong and that He lied.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551526 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have as much disagreement in your denomination as any other..
Q: Do you think that Catholic priests should be allowed to marry?
Catholics in Europe and the U.S. say priests should be allowed to marry. Latin America divides more closely, with Mexicans far more conservative than others.
It doesn't matter WHAT I think., or what you think ... Or what ANYONE ELSE thinks.....or what ANY Poll says!........
....The TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church is the TRUE, correct and proper interpretation with regard to what the bible has taught for over 1500 years in reference to the celibacy of priests and that is what the Church teaches and that is why 1.2 Billion a Catholic continue to remain Catholic.....Those that don't like it and don't agree---can go join one of 42,200 contradicting " hodgepodge" denominations where "each persons" (PERSONAL OPINION is the final authority in starting another denomination.....42,200 today---42,478 next week!!!!!!!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#551527 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ
People say that when they drop a wine glass on the floor, or nail their thumb to the wall....

Location hidden

#551528 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you use a Scripture to try and prove your POV. however that verse doesn't say the word{tradition] in it.
15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
it is a shame that someone like HOJO has to resort to lying just to prove that his church is the ONLY church.,

If I have to resort to lying while defending my church, I would do one of two things. Get saved or leave or prolly both

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#551529 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, even OSAS teaches one,must BELIEVE in order to be saved.
Accept and confess that Christ died for you.
I'm finding the,dialog between Just Sayin and USA born interesting .
At the core,of the CHRISTIAN FAITH IS,OUR FAITH which comes,from grace given by God..however WE DO HAVE TO BELIEVE ...and confess,Jesus,is,Lord....so we,do have a,part to play in accepting the,FREE GIFT OF GRACE.
Christ did it all as far as sacrifice. We have no part but to ACCEPT THE GIFT ..and in so doing repent of our sins,and follow,Jesus...
I think that is,what both posters,are,saying..
If you are thirsty, I give you a,bottle of water, you will still be thirsty until YOU DRINK IT ...
Honestly, lady, you sound like a bonafide cult fetishist who is close to losing her mind.

Pray on that.
Liam

United States

#551530 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament was recorded, copied and circulated just like the Old Testament. The Israelites had the highest standards when copying the OT. Not one letter could have an error or the scroll would be tossed.
The apostles, Paul, Jude and other followers of Christ wrote the text we now have in a book. God has preserved His Word. Christ's gospel is still being spread around the world by "protestant" believers. There are areas of the world that have no access to a Catholic church but, they are being provided with the Bible in their language, both written and audio.
The New Testament isn't a book, its a Sacrament. "Take this all you and drink, for this is the blood of the New Testament (covenant) Mark 14:24. Luke 22:20
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus say the New Testament is a collection of Books. Its the Eucharist. That is straight sola Scripture; no Bible study- interpreting involved.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551531 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you use a Scripture to try and prove your POV. however that verse doesn't say the word{tradition] in it.
If you knew your bible ( which you obviously DO NOT)---- you would know that in 2 Thess 2:15 Paul "clearly, concisely and specifically says, "So the brethern, stand firm and hold fast to the TRADITIONS which were taught by us, either by word of mouth (oral) or be the letter (written)..
..........TYPICAL ......."denial of the TRUTH"......... PROTESTANT
USA Born

Upland, CA

#551532 Jul 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you refer to the " lack of knowledge" with regard to the Scriptures YOU my friend along with your ( other) bible only " pick and choose" self-interpreters are the worst when it comes understanding the historical and biblical TRUE interpretation and from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....In 2 Thess 2:15,, Paul commands the faithful to obey Tradtion , whether it is oral or written--(he NEVER says written alone. Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about His One Universal Church and the authority she granted to His Apostles and their successors.The Bible is the Word of God but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be because it cannot interpret itself. The Bible directs us to an authority " outside of itself" to understand what it actually means...The Early Church Fathers who wrote the bible and correctly interpreted it in 382, 393, and 397AD did so to ensure that it was properly interpreted for generations to come ---and not abused with false and heretical interpretations (or better yet over 42,200+ mis-interpretation that continue to divide the Body of Christ like you " a Bible Only fundamentalists have done since the Reformation ...
Wrong. Paul clearly teaches us to study the Word.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul did teach to hold fast to traditions at taught. Jesus also spoke of traditions.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye

1 Timothy 4 : 1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

If the above scripture is hard for you, then maybe you weren'tmeant to understand or "hear" the Word of the Lord.

If your fathers interpreted the scriptures correctly then why did they impose on their followers what Paul taught against? The fact you can now eat mean on Friday shows your church evolves and changes. Christ's Words never change.

The KJV of the Bible was not compiled from your Bible. The only thing the two books had in common was the Volgate. King James sent men throughout Europe and Asia to gather original and copied text to compile the Bible.

Say what you want. The Catholics I know use the same "Protestant" Bible I do, the KJV.

USA Born

Upland, CA

#551533 Jul 25, 2014
traditions as taught

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 9 min Paul is dead 3,562
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min LAWEST100 618,128
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 20 min Johnny 195
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min spinosaurus baryonyx 104,189
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min spinosaurus baryonyx 27,838
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min YOURMOTHERISINMYC... 968,649
Why do White Women think Blacks actually love t... (Apr '12) 51 min Johnny 331
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Highest Comandmen... 44,053
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,711
More from around the web