Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693272 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551522 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you Kay .
Hope you are doing better . GOD bless you both
Absolute stupidity: I realized there's a big difference between being Christian and following Jesus.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551523 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures do not say that. I would choose the Bible over ritual and tradition any day.
Your lack of knowledge concerning scripture causes you to teach against Christ. But what the heck, you get wafers and juice.
When you refer to the " lack of knowledge" with regard to the Scriptures YOU my friend along with your ( other) bible only " pick and choose" self-interpreters are the worst when it comes understanding the historical and biblical TRUE interpretation and from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....In 2 Thess 2:15,, Paul commands the faithful to obey Tradtion , whether it is oral or written--(he NEVER says written alone. Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about His One Universal Church and the authority she granted to His Apostles and their successors.The Bible is the Word of God but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be because it cannot interpret itself. The Bible directs us to an authority " outside of itself" to understand what it actually means...The Early Church Fathers who wrote the bible and correctly interpreted it in 382, 393, and 397AD did so to ensure that it was properly interpreted for generations to come ---and not abused with false and heretical interpretations (or better yet over 42,200+ mis-interpretation that continue to divide the Body of Christ like you " a Bible Only fundamentalists have done since the Reformation ...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551524 Jul 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you refer to the " lack of knowledge" with regard to the Scriptures YOU my friend along with your ( other) bible only " pick and choose" self-interpreters are the worst when it comes understanding the historical and biblical TRUE interpretation and from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....In 2 Thess 2:15,, Paul commands the faithful to obey Tradtion , whether it is oral or written--(he NEVER says written alone....
you use a Scripture to try and prove your POV. however that verse doesn't say the word{tradition] in it.

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

you claim that he told them to OBEY TRADITION.

you lie!!!!!!!!!!TYPICAL CATHOLIC

Location hidden

#551525 Jul 25, 2014
and IF I was a gambling man(which I am not) HOJO will not come back and admit that he was wrong and that He lied.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551526 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have as much disagreement in your denomination as any other..
Q: Do you think that Catholic priests should be allowed to marry?
Catholics in Europe and the U.S. say priests should be allowed to marry. Latin America divides more closely, with Mexicans far more conservative than others.
It doesn't matter WHAT I think., or what you think ... Or what ANYONE ELSE thinks.....or what ANY Poll says!........
....The TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church is the TRUE, correct and proper interpretation with regard to what the bible has taught for over 1500 years in reference to the celibacy of priests and that is what the Church teaches and that is why 1.2 Billion a Catholic continue to remain Catholic.....Those that don't like it and don't agree---can go join one of 42,200 contradicting " hodgepodge" denominations where "each persons" (PERSONAL OPINION is the final authority in starting another denomination.....42,200 today---42,478 next week!!!!!!!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#551527 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ
People say that when they drop a wine glass on the floor, or nail their thumb to the wall....

Location hidden

#551528 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you use a Scripture to try and prove your POV. however that verse doesn't say the word{tradition] in it.
15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
it is a shame that someone like HOJO has to resort to lying just to prove that his church is the ONLY church.,

If I have to resort to lying while defending my church, I would do one of two things. Get saved or leave or prolly both

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Location hidden

#551529 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, even OSAS teaches one,must BELIEVE in order to be saved.
Accept and confess that Christ died for you.
I'm finding the,dialog between Just Sayin and USA born interesting .
At the core,of the CHRISTIAN FAITH IS,OUR FAITH which comes,from grace given by God..however WE DO HAVE TO BELIEVE ...and confess,Jesus,is,Lord....so we,do have a,part to play in accepting the,FREE GIFT OF GRACE.
Christ did it all as far as sacrifice. We have no part but to ACCEPT THE GIFT ..and in so doing repent of our sins,and follow,Jesus...
I think that is,what both posters,are,saying..
If you are thirsty, I give you a,bottle of water, you will still be thirsty until YOU DRINK IT ...
Honestly, lady, you sound like a bonafide cult fetishist who is close to losing her mind.

Pray on that.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#551530 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament was recorded, copied and circulated just like the Old Testament. The Israelites had the highest standards when copying the OT. Not one letter could have an error or the scroll would be tossed.
The apostles, Paul, Jude and other followers of Christ wrote the text we now have in a book. God has preserved His Word. Christ's gospel is still being spread around the world by "protestant" believers. There are areas of the world that have no access to a Catholic church but, they are being provided with the Bible in their language, both written and audio.
The New Testament isn't a book, its a Sacrament. "Take this all you and drink, for this is the blood of the New Testament (covenant) Mark 14:24. Luke 22:20
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus say the New Testament is a collection of Books. Its the Eucharist. That is straight sola Scripture; no Bible study- interpreting involved.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551531 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you use a Scripture to try and prove your POV. however that verse doesn't say the word{tradition] in it.
If you knew your bible ( which you obviously DO NOT)---- you would know that in 2 Thess 2:15 Paul "clearly, concisely and specifically says, "So the brethern, stand firm and hold fast to the TRADITIONS which were taught by us, either by word of mouth (oral) or be the letter (written)..
..........TYPICAL ......."denial of the TRUTH"......... PROTESTANT
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551532 Jul 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you refer to the " lack of knowledge" with regard to the Scriptures YOU my friend along with your ( other) bible only " pick and choose" self-interpreters are the worst when it comes understanding the historical and biblical TRUE interpretation and from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....In 2 Thess 2:15,, Paul commands the faithful to obey Tradtion , whether it is oral or written--(he NEVER says written alone. Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about His One Universal Church and the authority she granted to His Apostles and their successors.The Bible is the Word of God but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be because it cannot interpret itself. The Bible directs us to an authority " outside of itself" to understand what it actually means...The Early Church Fathers who wrote the bible and correctly interpreted it in 382, 393, and 397AD did so to ensure that it was properly interpreted for generations to come ---and not abused with false and heretical interpretations (or better yet over 42,200+ mis-interpretation that continue to divide the Body of Christ like you " a Bible Only fundamentalists have done since the Reformation ...
Wrong. Paul clearly teaches us to study the Word.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul did teach to hold fast to traditions at taught. Jesus also spoke of traditions.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye

1 Timothy 4 : 1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

If the above scripture is hard for you, then maybe you weren'tmeant to understand or "hear" the Word of the Lord.

If your fathers interpreted the scriptures correctly then why did they impose on their followers what Paul taught against? The fact you can now eat mean on Friday shows your church evolves and changes. Christ's Words never change.

The KJV of the Bible was not compiled from your Bible. The only thing the two books had in common was the Volgate. King James sent men throughout Europe and Asia to gather original and copied text to compile the Bible.

Say what you want. The Catholics I know use the same "Protestant" Bible I do, the KJV.

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551533 Jul 25, 2014
traditions as taught
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551534 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is a shame that someone like HOJO has to resort to lying just to prove that his church is the ONLY church.,
If I have to resort to lying while defending my church, I would do one of two things. Get saved or leave or prolly both
I use the King James Version or the American a Standard Version of the Bible as a reference.
Which one of the 42,200 anti-catholic self-opinionated versions of the Protestant Reformation bible are YOU using...

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Location hidden

#551535 Jul 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament isn't a book, its a Sacrament. "Take this all you and drink, for this is the blood of the New Testament (covenant) Mark 14:24. Luke 22:20
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus say the New Testament is a collection of Books. Its the Eucharist. That is straight sola Scripture; no Bible study- interpreting involved.
Well THAT settles it!

NOT.

It's a book, and a convoluted one at that, concocted by men who wanted to create a new religion, not unlike Mormonism or Scientology or The Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Can we please stop The Madness? It's time to be honest about this charade....
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551536 Jul 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere does Christ call anything a "sacrament" either. We are told to study. I showed you scripture but your church dogma is truth to you so you reject the truth of scripture.

Exodus 17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
Exodus 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Book isn't a new Biblical concept. We all know the original writers of the scriptures did not get together and write a book. Like Moses read from a book the Words of God, we now read a book for the Words of God and Christ.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551537 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
and IF I was a gambling man(which I am not) HOJO will not come back and admit that he was wrong and that He lied.
The one area in which "I WILL admit" that I was wrong is that I waited (much too long) over 35 years (too long)(as a bible only Protestant) before coming to the biblical and historical TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ growing in the Fullness of the Faith and the Zfullness of the Truth(in and through) His One ( and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church........
Liam

Garden City, MI

#551538 Jul 25, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Well THAT settles it!
NOT.
It's a book, and a convoluted one at that, concocted by men who wanted to create a new religion, not unlike Mormonism or Scientology or The Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Can we please stop The Madness? It's time to be honest about this charade....
What's your alternative? We just appeared as fish and evolved into a freak half fish half man type cyborg? Lol. There was a creator. Deal with it.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#551539 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere does Christ call anything a "sacrament" either. We are told to study. I showed you scripture but your church dogma is truth to you so you reject the truth of uscripture.
Exodus 17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
Exodus 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
Book isn't a new Biblical concept. We all know the original writers of the scriptures did not get together and write a book. Like Moses read from a book the Words of God, we now read a book for the Words of God and Christ.
If you can give me the verse where Christ gives us the list of Books for the Bible, I will renounce my Catholic faith and join your sect. And I'll accept your interpretations as authoritative.
That raises another question for you....... I reject your interpretations.. Now what? Do we argue about Bible verses into the night until one of us gives in? Is that how Christianity began?. You're a good man and so is Hank, but your not an authority on Scripture. The Apostles explained it already. Check out what their Disciples wrote.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Location hidden

#551540 Jul 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your alternative? We just appeared as fish and evolved into a freak half fish half man type cyborg? Lol. There was a creator. Deal with it.
LOL! That's weak...

You might try using the internet to study evolution so that you can somewhat intelligibly debate the topic. Otherwise, good luck with your new costumed job at The Holy Land Experience. I guess they will always need sheeple like you at the Holy Snack Hut....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551541 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere does Christ call anything a "sacrament" either. We are told to study. I showed you scripture but your church dogma is truth to you so you reject the truth of scripture.
So what makes you think that ANY of us Catholics who ALREADY KNOW the TRUE biblical and historical TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History as well as the Verifiable and authenticated TRUTH of over 1500 years of the TRUE interpretation of the bible in 397AD by the Early Church Fathers "who wrote the bible" ----are going to put ANY credibility in the "personal opinion"of a 21st century bible verse "waiving" (hack) interpreter such as you USA Born!.....You seem to forget that your "editorualized self-opinion" has no more credibility than the rest of your OTHER 42,200 inconsistent, contradicting and chaotic opinions that don't agree with YOU either and are as confused as YOU ARE.......The TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ has, is and will FOREVER be firmly grounded, established and manifested in Jesus Chirst Himself, in and through His OnE True Apostolic Catholic Church ( the Bride of Christ)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min Travesty 52,159
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Rider on the Storm 992,009
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 41 min Doctor REALITY 10
My girlfriend’s vegan. Need some tips and insi... 55 min michaelv2 1
Those in the twin towers who saw the jets coming 58 min Doctor REALITY 35
THANK YOU, Pastor Charles CAPPS of England, Ark... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
I want my girlfriend back. How do I win her back? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,994
More from around the web