Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683740 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551450 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God HATES sin......
Sin CANNOT enter into heaven......
We MUST think spiritual with our mind, heart, and soul......
We MUST die to sin......
How can we accomplish this???
We MUST be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.......
Why is this so important and necessary???
Think about it!
....If you believe this is how this complicated system works god could have created us to not commit sin bring everyone to heaven and everyone live happily ever after..........no red tape, no complications.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551451 Jul 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
pusherman
Peace
Some people are distracted with too much white noise and static in their conscience, and may seldom pay attention to it. Others simply short circuit the connection, and go on as they desire without conscience.
Most devoted religious people, sit quietly, awaiting a hard to hear message, but if patient enough get the message. The rest is static.
Peace
Can't argue with you there.
I find it out In nature, Just walking and listen, or sitting by a stream...
The answer is blowing in the wind, as the leaves dance to his passing..
Peace.
June is gonna Flush that shyt, hahaha!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551452 Jul 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SPEAKING OF PEDIGREE...
Obama is the epitome of racism ....AS ONE..... THAT IS AS MUCH WHITE AS HE IS BLACK ..
HE HAS MADE THE CHOICE AS A RACIST...TO BE BLACK
HE COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO BE NEUTRAL
AS ANY PRESIDENT SHOULD CHOOSE..
AND TREATED ALL AMERICANS EQUALLY..
....You made the choice to be evangelical. You could have remained neutral and accepted everyone as equal and not your narrow view of your belief.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551453 Jul 25, 2014
When Jesus ask John Baptist to baptize him

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

(NOTE)
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

THE HEAVENLY FATHER GAVE HIS APPROVAL OF JESUS AT HIS OBEDIENCE AND FULFILLING ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS..

IF YOU WANT TO BE APPROVED OF GOD (as Jesus was/is)YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH...

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

AND BE BAPTIZED ALSO..

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but

be ye transformed

by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove

what is that good, and

acceptable, and

perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Exercise the measure of faith that you have been given.

..through obedience

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551454 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal life, Marge, is spiritual.....
Have you received it already???
she ISNT spiritual, therefore she will not understand nor accept what she is told by Ministers on this Forum.

{eternal life} is the Promise that Jesus has made to us, but until we die, we don't receive that [eternal life].
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551455 Jul 25, 2014
1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551457 Jul 25, 2014
John 1:11-12

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551458 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she ISNT spiritual, therefore she will not understand nor accept what she is told by Ministers on this Forum.
{eternal life} is the Promise that Jesus has made to us, but until we die, we don't receive that [eternal life].
Most of the ministers on this forum are fakes, who have apparently received a perishable seed;

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551459 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal life, Marge, is spiritual.....
Have you received it already???
Is that you Hank? What are you doing in San Fran?
Larry

Denver, CO

#551460 Jul 25, 2014
Differences between the New World Translation and other translations.
Missing books. In their Bibles, the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. However, those books were not accepted into the Jewish canon, and it is noteworthy that the Bible says that the Jews were the ones who were “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God.”(Romans 3:1, 2) Thus, the New World Translation and many other modern Bible translations rightly exclude the books of the Apocrypha.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/n ...
All originated after the cessation of prophecy, and they cannot therefore be regarded as inspired, nor are they ever cited by Christ or the apostles.
Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. http://www.bible.ca/catholic-apocrypha.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551461 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the NT was translated from the Greek and Aramaic, I began looking into the meaning of Peter and rock. The word for Peter being Petros and rock is petra. They are both seperate words with separate meanings. It helped in understanding the conversation Jesus was having with Peter.
"The word petros for Peter in the Greek is in the masculine gender and the word petra for the rock is in the feminine gender. Petros and petra are two distinct words in the Greek. Petros is a shifting, rolling, or insecure stone, while petra is a solid, immov­able rock. In the English language the gender is not specified by the article".
From Strong's Concordance
http://biblehub.com/greek/4074.htm
4074 Pétros (a masculine noun)– properly, a stone (pebble), such as a small rock found along a pathway. 4074 /Pétros ("small stone") then stands in contrast to 4073 /pétra ("cliff, boulder," Abbott-Smith).
"4074 (Pétros) is an isolated rock and 4073 (pétra) is a cliff" (TDNT, 3, 100). "4074 (Pétros) always means a stone ... such as a man may throw,... versus 4073 (pétra), a projecting rock, cliff" (S. Zodhiates, Dict)
Will trace Barjona back later. No time now. I just love this stuff. It gives a better understanding of what Jesus was saying.
Son of Jona

Jews were known by their lineage , is my understanding ...

I think with girls,it's Bat instead of Bar ....but I'm not an expert ....just read a lot
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551462 Jul 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is truth to what you said. But nothing can negate the fact Jesus renamed Simon "Rock". That's a significant event. The Bible is filled with reference to Simon's new name as a noun, not an adjective. Since nothing can strip Simon of the keys and name the Lord gave him.....then your analogy above has to coexist with it. I believe it does, provided we dont attempt to use other scripture verses to undo Mathew 16:18. I think too many times, protestanism is guilty of using one verse to unravel another til they arrive at a theology that suits them.
Also, your last line is interesting because Catholicism and Orthodoxy have a different meaning of what's "the word of God" than the rest of Christianity. And ours is supported by Scripture and historical documents.
Blessings
What is the foundation of the church that Jesus built?

Peter confesses that Jesus is “the Christ, the son of the living God”

Jesus responds by saying,“And I say also unto thee,(you) That thou (you) art Peter, and upon this rock (confession) I will build my church

Built upon Peter’s confession

Does Jesus want us to confess Him before men, Clay???

Isn't that what Peter was doing???

"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Shouldn't we be glad that Peter did the right thing by confessing Christ before men???

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when he comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

Jesus Christ was well pleased with Peter's confession and He will be with ours also.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551463 Jul 25, 2014
1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 5:4
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551464 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are lying again....the web site you gave is not Merriam-Webster....in the definition you gave from their web site, the following is a requirement for being guilty of such:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own"..
I have never ever presented info from anyone's web site as my own...and you can't show me where I ever did...I am not university educated...but I are not stupid....that sort of lie could be proven in a second...

Chess he say:
Websters:

plagiarize .... to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla ...

Reference.com :

plagiarism ..... an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: Synonyms:... theft ... passing off.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagia ...

You're a thief, thief.

Ah say:
Per your post:to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own ..

Not guilty...never happened...
----------

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A other example:
An academic is expected to publish papers but he doesn't have time to research because of family obligations. He looks through old professional journals in another country and he copies a 10-year-old article from someone else in the field. He submits the article as his own and hopes that no one finds the article from which he copied.
Never happened...not guilty

Chess he say:
Claimed the thief, as he plagiarized one of "some examples" of plagiarism from here:

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-o ...

Mah reply:
Example:
A student is expected to write a book report about a book that his teacher has assigned. The student doesn't want to read the book and is bored with the subject. He visits websites that provide reviews and book reports and he copies from each of the different book reports to create one report of his own.

Never happened...not guilty
----------
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If ever you get your foot out of your mouth....answer my post:
Their fathers abandoned them.
Give me the names of "their"...
You can't idiot.....that is why I said I had no idea who you were referring to when you referred to "their" in your post...now eat you idiotic words...quote: Of course you don't,'tard.

Chess:
Their is the possessive form of they, dummy. You claimed "they" -- the four statutory prongs of the fair use test -- make the determination. They don't. We do by applying the statutory prongs as well as other considerations to the facts at hand. And when a copyright owner and someone who uses the copyrighted material disagree about whether a use is fair, a judge may ultimately have to make the determination.

'Tard.

Mah response:
Their: belonging to or associated in some way with people in general not including the speaker or people addressed: in many countries they wash their clothes in the river.

I did not use the word "their"....you did....give me the names of these people....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551465 Jul 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the ministers on this forum are fakes, who have apparently received a perishable seed.
.....You post there are fake ministers on this forum. Why don't you name them?

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551466 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus speaks of the "Churches" in Revelation. Nothing about a universal church and nothing about Peter's church.
Keep in mind that there were other churches in Asia but these seven were singled out.

WHY???

Each of these churches had its strong points and weak points.

Didn't Jesus evaluated each of the seven churches to assess their preparedness???

Of course, He did.....

Isn't God active in His church???

Didn't God write to each of the seven churches,“I know your deeds???”

The universal church is comprised of saved <<<INDIVIDUALS> >> who are in fellowship with God.

In which there is no organization on earth.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#551467 Jul 25, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi June gloom,
No one said the Jewish faith was "vile and sinful" June bug.
Those are ur words.:(
FYI - Jesus was born PURE!
But.....Thank u June, for calling me holy!
:)
are you roman-vatican/babylonian/of-th e-world?

if so, you are NOT 'holy', but "you must be born again"!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551468 Jul 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus Church was built on the truth about the divine "person ", Jesus Christ".
I mean come on, That's true too. But it does not remove the new name of Simon nor the keys Jesus clearly gave him. Every description Protestantism gives the Christian Church is true. But its ALSO a Davidic Kingdom.... a hierarchy of Bishops who were charged with the task of bringing the Gospel to every decade. You couldn't be in this Church if you were some guy reading the scriptures by yourself preaching your interpretations. Peter and the fellas would have rebuked you. And so would their immediate successors.
You are too funny, Clay....

The church that Jesus built has no human foundation.....it is all spiritual......

Study the Transfiguration.

Jesus had gone up on the mountain with Peter, James and John, and revealed himself in His glory to them.

Moses and Elijah appeared to speak with Him -- what did Peter say?

“Lord, it is good for us to be here:~~~if thou wilt,~~~ let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.”

If there EVER were any MEN worthy of having a church named after them, it would have been Moses and Elijah, period.

But what did God say???

God said,“This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; HEAR ye him.”

God doesn't say Hear Moses or Hear Elijah or Hear Peter......

Peter’s confession that Jesus is the Son of the Living God is a REVELATION.....

What is the Transfiguration???

It is a CONFIRMATION that the basis of the Jesus' church that Jesus built is the TRUTH that 'Christ is the Son of God.'

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551469 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you, have a few family members who are catholic. Also some very good friend. They never promote their religion as the only true church.
It's almost hard to believe that Catholics here say we must be Catholic to be saved.
IMO, they are saying Christ's blood was not enough, we must be Catholic. If that's the way Catholic thinking is going, they'll end up the largest cult in the world.
Christ was beaten to a pulp, scourged, beard plucked, spit on, place on a cross with nails driven through His hands and feet until He slowly suffocated to death and that wasn't enough, you have to be Catholic.
That last paragraph shouts the message .

It's only HIS,DEATH AND RESURRECTION.....that washed away Sin ..our part is to believe in CHRIST as Saviour...repent our Sins ...and follow,Him, but ONLY HIS WORK counts to meet God's perfect justice ....no more temple sacrifices. No more lambs..Good works, penance, even Baptism which we should receive, if done with love of Christ are good things, but not one thing we do pays for sin ....including joining any Church ...we are not equipped , we are imperfect ....only HIS BLOOD is the cloak we can wear in our standing before God ...

He wants OUR LOVE ,HE SAID SO .....we should repent of sin..HIS SUFFERING AND DEATH saved us ....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#551470 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That last paragraph shouts the message .
It's only HIS,DEATH AND RESURRECTION.....that washed away Sin ..our part is to believe in CHRIST as Saviour...repent our Sins ...and follow,Him, but ONLY HIS WORK counts to meet God's perfect justice ....no more temple sacrifices. No more lambs..Good works, penance, even Baptism which we should receive, if done with love of Christ are good things, but not one thing we do pays for sin ....including joining any Church ...we are not equipped , we are imperfect ....only HIS BLOOD is the cloak we can wear in our standing before God ...
He wants OUR LOVE ,HE SAID SO .....we should repent of sin..HIS SUFFERING AND DEATH saved us ....
....and without the death and resurrection, Christianity wouldn't be existing.

Thus, one must think on the message that was being stated prior to this moment.

"Life" - "Love" - "Peace"

No religion required in order to achieve these commands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min River Tam 15,985
Looking for girls to snapchat 36 min aldenmorgan737 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,415
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Remember 94 95 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr David S Pumpkins 286,522
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web