Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650329 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Bassendean, Australia

#551415 Jul 25, 2014

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551416 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
The rush to baptism is what connects the child to a belief bigger than the person. Without it a person might never enter the Church and that would be a shame. It seems to me that if more people had faith in God through the Church teaching our world would be much better.
Jesus said the kingdom of God is within.( Individual )
Not a label to be marketed and sold to people looking for forgiveness.
W/out forgiving ones self, he could never know the kingdom of God.
Jesus spoke out against men like the pope.
Who is he to " sell " you forgiveness? God?
The Bible seems to me, to be a theoretical book with the morality of man Interjected to explain bad occurrences.
I wonder sometimes what is meant by this

Corinthians 2 : 13- 15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of
Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, Therefore it is not
surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end
will be according to their deeds.

I think that is pretty clear don't you?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551417 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you, have a few family members who are catholic. Also some very good friend. They never promote their religion as the only true church.
It's almost hard to believe that Catholics here say we must be Catholic to be saved.
Yet YOU believe that (for example) Muslims must convert to your Protestant religion, as otherwise they won't saved by Jesus and God to Christian heaven ... which by the way is the worst place in the universe a Muslim would ever dream of going in his absolute worst nightmares.

And the Muslims want you to convert to Islam and spend eternity in Islamic paradise with 72 Islamic virgins at your beck and call.

I suggest that all of you believe you are wishing the best on others ... while according to each other, are wishing the WORST on others.

Hilarious comedy that even Shakespeare would probably envy.

Prince George, Canada

#551418 Jul 25, 2014
Larry wrote:
Differences between the New World Translation and other translations.
Missing books. In their Bibles, the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. However, those books were not accepted into the Jewish canon, and it is noteworthy that the Bible says that the Jews were the ones who were “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God.”(Romans 3:1, 2)
Thus, the New World Translation and many other modern Bible translations rightly exclude the books of the Apocrypha.
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/n ...
All religion literature (regardless of which language) lacks any semblance of common sense.

According to those in the right-fighting religions ... the gods wanted only human-animals to fight over who should be saved and who should be rejected in a supposed hereafter.

That teaching, that caught on comparable to a house on fire, made humans far more dumbed down than other animals.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551419 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making this stuff up. I'm sorry you feel you have to do that.
NOT the case at all!....It is you bible only's that have been " making things up" for over 450 years since the reformation and "continue to do so:::

1. Bible only Protestants "threw out 7 books of the original bible that was originated in 397AD
2. Bible Only Protestants have "I changed and invented their own "fictitious version" of over 2000 years of Church History
3. Bible Only Protestants have "conjured up" over 42,000 contradicting (hodge podge) inconsistent interpretations of the bible
4. Bible Only's have distortted, manipulated and lblantantly lied about the TRUTH regarding what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches in its biblical and historical doctrinal Truths in it TRUE Gospel teachings commitment to Jesus Christ and His TRUE Church...@

Prince George, Canada

#551420 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Example of plagiarizing:
A writer decides that he wants to create an Internet website to generate ad revenue. Instead of writing his own articles, he visits twenty other websites that have articles on the topic in which he is interested. He copies each of the articles, changes the titles and the authors' names to his name and posts the articles on his own website.
Not guilty...
Of course you are guilty. You use Martin Luther's ideas that he stole from the Catholic bible and you don't attach his name to anything you post.

And furthermore when you post scriptures from the KJV, you are using literature that was stolen from the Catholic's bible ... mucked about by men of the Puritan FAITH and authorized by King James I. Yet you don't sign their names on any of that literature that you claim WITH PRIDE was authorized in the first decree by Jesus and GOD.

You just take it for granted that because it's a bible you can plagiarize and at the same time be rewarded with HOLY blessings from above.

You are in deed a religious plagiarizer!!!

Prince George, Canada

#551421 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making this stuff up. I'm sorry you feel you have to do that. Jesus didn't set up a hierarchy.
According to Christians Jewish apostles were the hierarchy that prophesized that Jesus was coming to earth to save the ones that believed in him. That would be the Christians.

The Christians taught that men of Judaism were Jesus' hierarchy.

How silly ... that devout Jews would be HAPPY about Jesus coming to earth to be a traitor to Judaism.

If you study the line-age (lineage) of religion on down through the ages, you will spot the lies in your own religion ... which is what occurred in my life.

Prince George, Canada

#551422 Jul 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about whether some letters of Paul are genuine.
We're not talking about whether Harry Potter is real.
Paul was the Harry Potter of the Christians that made Paul into their hero.

Prince George, Canada

#551424 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Robert. I will heed what you say. My faith I believe cannot be shaken.
Robert started out a Protestant but now believes his Catholic religion has SAVED him from the dire FATE of Protestants.

You are on the same downhill grade ... while being certain that you travelling the HIGH road WITH Robert.

Arrogance loves self-flattery.

Prince George, Canada

#551425 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that the Catholic Church grew out of compromise with the pagans of ancient Rome. That is the beauty of this blessed Church. It opens its arms to new ideas
Then it should open its arms to the idea that all others are loved in equal portions by the god in the sky.

Yet its doors are closed to THAT idea.

Prince George, Canada

#551426 Jul 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...,The rush to baptism is not a personal choice made by the person being baptized. You are becoming what mom and dad want you to become......just
Like them.
Mom and Dad want a child raised up in their own images.

I was fortunate that my dad had one belief and my mom another ... so I was conditioned to believe that the human ritual of baptism was not a necessity or a bonus to my supposed salvation.

Religious rituals are no-doubt fun for those who place high value on them ... but for those who didn't have them engrained in their psyches from childhood ... they have no meaning whatsoever.

Prince George, Canada

#551427 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ
Hindu ... Krishna

Muslim ... Mahdi

You would do well to allow the thought in your mind that Protestant-Christians don't own the universe ... not should they dictate it's supposed religious meaning to those in other religions.

Prince George, Canada

#551428 Jul 25, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Your blessed Church is the official sponsor of the Anti Christ.
seems odd, you being catholic..
Did the HOLY SPIRIT of Jesus instruct you to post those words???

You found "spiritual" religion in prison, but I suggest "spiritual" religion keeps you in bondage in another sort of prison.

You are certain that Jesus and you are on the same wave-length, flying high above those in religion.

How arrogant to believe that you think the same as a savior of human-souls.

How VERY arrogant.

Prince George, Canada

#551429 Jul 25, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus said the kingdom of God is within.( Individual )
Then it is within all spirits and souls of all mortal animals ... RIGHT???

You wouldn't want to be a HOLY spirit HOG and just leave the evil stuff for others ... WOULD YOU???

Naughty ... Naughty!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551430 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify, I agree with you. Others on this forum do not share your belief.
God has His part in the salvation of man......

Man has his part to play in his salvation.......

WHY???

Because in the New Testament, Jesus has His COMMANDS that we MUST follow......

That's why it is called OBEDIENT FAITH.......
Liam

Garden City, MI

#551431 Jul 25, 2014
marge wrote:

<quoted text>

true
No, its not true Marge. I think you know that by now. The Jews still do not have a collective canon of Scripture. Most do, but that didn't come til after Christianity. If you two don't believe me, get a phone book, call a Jewish Rabbi, and he'll explain it to you.
The development of the Bible reveals that Protestants were wrong on removing 7 Books that God put in their. This fact destroys your entire theology.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#551432 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The greek translation of rock is pebble.
Jesus spoke Aramaic.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551433 Jul 25, 2014
truth wrote:
Since the NT was translated from the Greek and Aramaic, I began looking into the meaning of Peter and rock. The word for Peter being Petros and rock is petra. They are both seperate words with separate meanings. It helped in understanding the conversation Jesus was having with Peter.

"The word petros for Peter in the Greek is in the masculine gender and the word petra for the rock is in the feminine gender. Petros and petra are two distinct words in the Greek. Petros is a shifting, rolling, or insecure stone, while petra is a solid, immov­able rock. In the English language the gender is not specified by the article".

From Strong's Concordance
http://biblehub.com/greek/4074.htm

4074 Pétros (a masculine noun)– properly, a stone (pebble), such as a small rock found along a pathway. 4074 /Pétros ("small stone") then stands in contrast to 4073 /pétra ("cliff, boulder," Abbott-Smith).

"4074 (Pétros) is an isolated rock and 4073 (pétra) is a cliff" (TDNT, 3, 100). "4074 (Pétros) always means a stone ... such as a man may throw,... versus 4073 (pétra), a projecting rock, cliff" (S. Zodhiates, Dict)

Will trace Barjona back later. No time now. I just love this stuff. It gives a better understanding of what Jesus was saying.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551434 Jul 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is within all spirits and souls of all mortal animals ... RIGHT???
You wouldn't want to be a HOLY spirit HOG and just leave the evil stuff for others ... WOULD YOU???
Naughty ... Naughty!!!
Good morning to you as well June.
I think we all share and play our parts In the Holy Spirit..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551435 Jul 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert started out a Protestant but now believes his Catholic religion has SAVED him from the dire FATE of Protestants.
You are on the same downhill grade ... while being certain that you travelling the HIGH road WITH Robert.
Arrogance loves self-flattery.
~~~
YOU WROTE

"Arrogance loves self-flattery.."

YOU DEMONSTRATE THAT DAILY...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Rosa_Winkel 56,061
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min trifecta1 971,801
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 41 min RiccardoFire 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min RiccardoFire 182,944
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min RiccardoFire 44,962
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,332
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 2 hr WaxBabydoll 423
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 hr Dr Banonator 37
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 22 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web