Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#551374 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus speaks of the "Churches" in Revelation. Nothing about a universal church and nothing about Peter's church.
Jesus is talking to John in Revelation and referring to the Churches in John's "missionary area". Those Churches were of the same faith and fold .....so yes, they were Catholic (Universal).
At the time Revelation was written, there were Universal Churches set up in India (Thomas), Greece, Palestine and Ukraine (Andrew), Syria and Persia (Jude), Ephesus, Antioch (John, Peter and Paul), Rome (Peter and Paul).
The Apostles are still buried inside Catholic and Orthodox Churches today, as well as relics of them in the "tomb of the Apostles" in Rome. There is real history with the Church. I can't honestly find any evidence of the protestant scenarios.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551375 Jul 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
SO YOU SAY THAT JESUS GAVE PETER THE KEYS..
NAAAAAH ... He gave Martin Luther the keys!!!

There now ... are you HAPPY with THAT lie???

:)
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551376 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen totally ...he who believes will have eternal life...refers to Christ , not Peter who believed Jesus was the Messiah the Son of God ..the Church is the body of believers..in that SAME Jesus Peter believed in .
I like you, have a few family members who are catholic. Also some very good friend. They never promote their religion as the only true church.

It's almost hard to believe that Catholics here say we must be Catholic to be saved.
IMO, they are saying Christ's blood was not enough, we must be Catholic. If that's the way Catholic thinking is going, they'll end up the largest cult in the world.

Christ was beaten to a pulp, scourged, beard plucked, spit on, place on a cross with nails driven through His hands and feet until He slowly suffocated to death and that wasn't enough, you have to be Catholic.
Larry

Denver, CO

#551377 Jul 24, 2014
Differences between the New World Translation and other translations.
Missing books. In their Bibles, the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. However, those books were not accepted into the Jewish canon, and it is noteworthy that the Bible says that the Jews were the ones who were “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God.”(Romans 3:1, 2)

Thus, the New World Translation and many other modern Bible translations rightly exclude the books of the Apocrypha.
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/n ...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#551378 Jul 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
SO YOU SAY THAT JESUS GAVE PETER THE KEYS..
No the Bible says it.
Jesus to Simon (now renamed "Rock") I will give YOU the keys.
If your scenario were true, than Scripture would continuously say something like: "Simon, who's faith is like a rock, stood up". "Simon, who had rock for faith, addressed the crowd".
I don't see your version of Scripture being true. Jesus called Simon "Peter" and that became his NAME, not an adjective describing Simon. Peter clearly had a leadership role. Thats straight sola Scripture. Anyone reading the Bible for the first time can clearly see Peter was head of the Apostles.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551379 Jul 24, 2014
Example of plagiarizing:

A writer decides that he wants to create an Internet website to generate ad revenue. Instead of writing his own articles, he visits twenty other websites that have articles on the topic in which he is interested. He copies each of the articles, changes the titles and the authors' names to his name and posts the articles on his own website.

Not guilty...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551380 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If ever you get your foot out of your mouth....answer my post:
Their fathers abandoned them.
Give me the names of "their"...
Well, I get it that you are slow.

So I'll explain it to you.

If you need to move your lips while reading this to better understand, I won't hold it against you.

My post is here, which includes the post I responded to from you:

were http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

While you were confusing the four-pronged *statutory* test for fair use with exceptions of some kind and trying to justify that, you claimed "they [apparently the factors] make the determination on fair use".

Of course that is incorrect.

We -- people -- make the determination using those statutoy and other factors. The factors are a guide, not a decisionmaker.

The law belongs to us, not us to it.

Now, I'm not sure what you nonsense about "Their fathers abandoned them" has to do with that, but maybe there's something you want to tell us about your dad, eh?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551381 Jul 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is talking to John in Revelation and referring to the Churches in John's "missionary area". Those Churches were of the same faith and fold .....so yes, they were Catholic (Universal).
At the time Revelation was written, there were Universal Churches set up in India (Thomas), Greece, Palestine and Ukraine (Andrew), Syria and Persia (Jude), Ephesus, Antioch (John, Peter and Paul), Rome (Peter and Paul).
The Apostles are still buried inside Catholic and Orthodox Churches today, as well as relics of them in the "tomb of the Apostles" in Rome. There is real history with the Church. I can't honestly find any evidence of the protestant scenarios.
You are making this stuff up. I'm sorry you feel you have to do that. Jesus didn't set up a hierarchy. The Christians were not called Protestant then but there were still Christians. Being Catholic doesn't make you Christia nor does being protestant..

Matthew 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551382 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was to make a point about how easy it was and is to make up characters in a play and pretend that they are real.
The Muslims made up a savior-myth about the Mahdi coming to save them and it's as real to them as the Jesus-image is to Christians.
We are talking about whether some letters of Paul are genuine.

We're not talking about whether Harry Potter is real.

Goofy.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551383 Jul 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No the Bible says it.
Jesus to Simon (now renamed "Rock") I will give YOU the keys.
If your scenario were true, than Scripture would continuously say something like: "Simon, who's faith is like a rock, stood up". "Simon, who had rock for faith, addressed the crowd".
I don't see your version of Scripture being true. Jesus called Simon "Peter" and that became his NAME, not an adjective describing Simon. Peter clearly had a leadership role. Thats straight sola Scripture. Anyone reading the Bible for the first time can clearly see Peter was head of the Apostles.
The greek translation of rock is pebble.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#551384 Jul 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We love The Word of God and God above all.
Yes, dear, you are indeed a cult fetishist. Good work.
Just Sayin

United States

#551386 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you, have a few family members who are catholic. Also some very good friend. They never promote their religion as the only true church.
It's almost hard to believe that Catholics here say we must be Catholic to be saved.
IMO, they are saying Christ's blood was not enough, we must be Catholic. If that's the way Catholic thinking is going, they'll end up the largest cult in the world.
Christ was beaten to a pulp, scourged, beard plucked, spit on, place on a cross with nails driven through His hands and feet until He slowly suffocated to death and that wasn't enough, you have to be Catholic.
Catholics do not say that Jesus' blood is not enough for redemption. He has made it possible for us To have eternal life. However, there remains our part in the deal. It's a Covenant. Both parties must uphold their end for the terms of the covenant to become reality.
What is our part ? To believe that Jesus, as son of god, was who he said he was, said what he said, and meant every word. Therefor , our part is not only believing he is the son of god, but obeying him since he is the son of god.
(Sorry for not capitalizing)
See john chapter 6.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551387 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are lying again....the web site you gave is not Merriam-Webster....in the definition you gave from their web site, the following is a requirement for being guilty of such:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own"..
I have never ever presented info from anyone's web site as my own...and you can't show me where I ever did...I am not university educated...but I are not stupid....that sort of lie could be proven in a second...
So you confused merriam-webster.com and dictionary.com and want to blame me.

Let me clear it up for you.

M-W defines plagiarism as literary theft.

According to them, you're a thief.

And one of several definitions of plagiarism they provide is to "steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own". They don't define what passing off is in that context, but dictionary.com defines what representing is in the context of plagiarism.

According to them, it is "not crediting the original author".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagia...

No magic words involved.

OK. You're at the end of my post.

You can stop moving your lips.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#551388 Jul 24, 2014
Such mindless, relentless Bible-dee-babble-dee-boo!

To think so many people waste so much time fantasizing over which god, which religion is "the one!" What an indictment of mankind in the 21st century that we (YOU) are so intellectually lazy and spiritually needy...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551389 Jul 24, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics do not say that Jesus' blood is not enough for redemption. He has made it possible for us To have eternal life. However, there remains our part in the deal. It's a Covenant. Both parties must uphold their end for the terms of the covenant to become reality.
What is our part ? To believe that Jesus, as son of god, was who he said he was, said what he said, and meant every word. Therefor , our part is not only believing he is the son of god, but obeying him since he is the son of god.
See john chapter 6.
I agree.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551390 Jul 24, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
See john chapter 6.
Let me clarify, I agree with you. Others on this forum do not share your belief.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551391 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Example of plagiarizing:
A writer decides that he wants to create an Internet website to generate ad revenue. Instead of writing his own articles, he visits twenty other websites that have articles on the topic in which he is interested. He copies each of the articles, changes the titles and the authors' names to his name and posts the articles on his own website.
Not guilty...
Brain damage.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551392 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah. You know the tuth because you're Cathoic. You're so full of crap.
Your early Church father wrote the Bible and has the only true interpretation? You sound more like a demonic minion and a follower of men.
The ONLY thing that you bible only "fundies" can rely is to call "Anyone" who disagrees with your contradicting and inconsistent bible only "man made" Protestant "make-it-up-as-you- go" interpretations of the bible ---names such as stupid, ignorant or demonic.....EVERY ONE of your 42,200+ half-truth, half heresy splintered and fractured denominations just continue to "row around in circles" --with one oar---in their bible only boat of confusion, chaos and contradiction that has "absolutely no basis " of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up AMYTHING that you "fundies" believe..The TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and the TRUE Onterpretation of the bible , has, is , and will AlWAYS be grounded inthe TRUTH of zjesus Christ in and through his One True Apostolic Catholic Church and " none other"

Location hidden

#551393 Jul 24, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I get it that you are slow.
So I'll explain it to you.
If you need to move your lips while reading this to better understand, I won't hold it against you.
My post is here, which includes the post I responded to from you:
were http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
While you were confusing the four-pronged *statutory* test for fair use with exceptions of some kind and trying to justify that, you claimed "they [apparently the factors] make the determination on fair use".
Of course that is incorrect.
We -- people -- make the determination using those statutoy and other factors. The factors are a guide, not a decisionmaker.
The law belongs to us, not us to it.
Now, I'm not sure what you nonsense about "Their fathers abandoned them" has to do with that, but maybe there's something you want to tell us about your dad, eh?
If ever you get your foot out of your mouth....answer my post:

Their fathers abandoned them.

Give me the names of "their"...

You can't idiot.....that is why I said I had no idea who you were referring to when you referred to "their" in your post...now eat you idiotic words...quote: Of course you don't,'tard.

Location hidden

#551394 Jul 24, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So you confused merriam-webster.com and dictionary.com and want to blame me.
Let me clear it up for you.
M-W defines plagiarism as literary theft.
According to them, you're a thief.
And one of several definitions of plagiarism they provide is to "steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own". They don't define what passing off is in that context, but dictionary.com defines what representing is in the context of plagiarism.
According to them, it is "not crediting the original author".
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagia...
No magic words involved.
OK. You're at the end of my post.
You can stop moving your lips.
There you are lying again....the web site you gave is not Merriam-Webster....in the definition you gave from their web site, the following is a requirement for being guilty of such:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own"..

I have never ever presented info from anyone's web site as my own...and you can't show me where I ever did...I am not university educated...but I are not stupid....that sort of lie could be proven in a second...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min MrAnderson9 56,283
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min Freebird USA 182,975
Basketball is Stupid (Nov '11) 35 min JOHN 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Toby 106,082
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr NACKED TRUTH 44,994
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Dr Banonator 971,871
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Sam Hall 445,933
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu kobechi3 71
More from around the web