Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687395 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#551398 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify, I agree with you. Others on this forum do not share your belief.
Yep, either one receives Jesus as their Savior or one does not.

You so called believers here should preach Truth but you do not because you have yet to receive Eternal Life, because you don't believe God, that HE offers you this GIFT of eternal life through Jesus.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551399 Jul 24, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics do not say that Jesus' blood is not enough for redemption. He has made it possible for us To have eternal life. However, there remains our part in the deal. It's a Covenant. Both parties must uphold their end for the terms of the covenant to become reality.
What is our part ? To believe that Jesus, as son of god, was who he said he was, said what he said, and meant every word. Therefor , our part is not only believing he is the son of god, but obeying him since he is the son of god.
(Sorry for not capitalizing)
See john chapter 6.
Hey JS this is the part that is the problem

"It's a Covenant. Both parties must uphold their end for the terms of the covenant to become reality."

You said God lied and eternal life through Jesus is not A Gift of GOD.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551400 Jul 24, 2014
One has either received forgiveness from God for all their sins on earth, or they have not.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#551401 Jul 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Mi Lin
Peace
There are a lot of people on this thread, that are very unhappy with the RCC. And they have been practicing their sort of Inquisition on believers. Just do not allow them the pleasure of disturbing your own faith. It is something I have learned.
Peace
Thank you Robert. I will heed what you say. My faith I believe cannot be shaken. I love the Church and all within it. It is to me a living thing. Even all the bad news about bad priests cannot shake me loose. I love God and I love the Church, The priests do not matter.

Location hidden

#551402 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......catholic church history is more about hand me down family tradition than the actual belief itself.
.....Most catholics are so because they were born into the faith. If catholicism depended on people not being rushed to baptism by their parents at three months old but waited until they were adults to determine which belief that to follow, the catholic church would be much, much smaller than it is today.
The rush to baptism is what connects the child to a belief bigger than the person. Without it a person might never enter the Church and that would be a shame. It seems to me that if more people had faith in God through the Church teaching our world would be much better.

Location hidden

#551403 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics brag that they are not a denomination but rather the REAL deal according to GOD.
But the fact is, they are a denomination of Judaism and all the Pagan religions that they plagiarized and twisted and added to in order to start their own religion.
Without the Jewish literature of the Jewish god that the monotheistic Jews created ... the Catholics would have no image of a god TO worship. NONE.
Yet they can't openly thank the Jews for the Jewish contribution ... because for centuries they taught that God and Jesus disowned the Jews.
You will see the manipulation ... but only when you open your mind TO see!
It is true that the Catholic Church grew out of compromise with the pagans of ancient Rome. That is the beauty of this blessed Church. It opens its arms to new ideas and at the same time builds on the faith in the Allmighty. Nothing is entirely black or white. Life itself is a compromise. The Church reflects Life. I have seen no teaching that says God and Jesus disowned the Jews. Quite the opposite. Jesus was a Jew. Why would the Church teach such a foolish thing? It does not.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551404 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are lying again....the web site you gave is not Merriam-Webster....in the definition you gave from their web site, the following is a requirement for being guilty of such:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own"..
I have never ever presented info from anyone's web site as my own...and you can't show me where I ever did...I am not university educated...but I are not stupid....that sort of lie could be proven in a second...
Websters:

plagiarize .... to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...

Reference.com :

plagiarism ..... an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: Synonyms:... theft ... passing off.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagia...

You're a thief, thief.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551405 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A other example:
An academic is expected to publish papers but he doesn't have time to research because of family obligations. He looks through old professional journals in another country and he copies a 10-year-old article from someone else in the field. He submits the article as his own and hopes that no one finds the article from which he copied.
Never happened...not guilty
Claimed the thief, as he plagiarized one of "some examples" of plagiarism from here:

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-o...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551406 Jul 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If ever you get your foot out of your mouth....answer my post:
Their fathers abandoned them.
Give me the names of "their"...
You can't idiot.....that is why I said I had no idea who you were referring to when you referred to "their" in your post...now eat you idiotic words...quote: Of course you don't,'tard.
Their is the possessive form of they, dummy. You claimed "they" -- the four statutory prongs of the fair use test -- make the determination. They don't. We do by applying the statutory prongs as well as other considerations to the facts at hand. And when a copyright owner and someone who uses the copyrighted material disagree about whether a use is fair, a judge may ultimately have to make the determination.

'Tard.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551407 Jul 25, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text> I can see you have never been Catholic. Catholicism is a very rich wonderful religion. You cannot receive Christ through the Eucharist anywhere else.
......You might believe you know everything dog man but you don't.

.....I was born a catholic, was a practicing catholic for 50 years. Now 15 years out of the church.

...every religion claims to have the truth. You also believe yours does too.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551408 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
The rush to baptism is what connects the child to a belief bigger than the person. Without it a person might never enter the Church and that would be a shame. It seems to me that if more people had faith in God through the Church teaching our world would be much better.
...,The rush to baptism is not a personal choice made by the person being baptized. You are becoming what mom and dad want you to become......just
Like them.

....When someone makes a personal conscious choice to a particular religion, that person can then claim they found their belief based on what their conscience told them, not mom and dads conscience.

.....Most Catholics who leave the church (and there are many) were indoctrinated from childhood.
truth

Bassendean, Australia

#551409 Jul 25, 2014
they been there
who
Eucharistic=altar
victims from airplane
just before mass start candle as splash as wind going on altar

they are there 'souls'
its remembering mass in name of them today in church in cathedral
as sense clean=pure nothing darkness no..

i see ministers there yep

i just want pray today as ordinary
i did not know they have mass for victims
I don't be disturb no!

I am fine!
souls of them is there around light on altar
no darkness no..its light its looks pure as you see tears..

I am fine!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551410 Jul 25, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text> Only through the Bread of Life.
Jesus Christ

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551411 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that the Catholic Church grew out of compromise with the pagans of ancient Rome. That is the beauty of this blessed Church. It opens its arms to new ideas and at the same time builds on the faith in the Allmighty. Nothing is entirely black or white. Life itself is a compromise. The Church reflects Life. I have seen no teaching that says God and Jesus disowned the Jews. Quite the opposite. Jesus was a Jew. Why would the Church teach such a foolish thing? It does not.
Your blessed Church is the official sponsor of the Anti Christ.
seems odd, you being catholic..
truth

Bassendean, Australia

#551412 Jul 25, 2014
around candle as light but pure as you see tears..
where
on altar

its sense

go do'nk'ey
noo nechu=no
aj donkey go away
no nechu=no
why
angel guarding do'nk'ey

Why donkey have sense?

angel of God appear
poor donkey no move

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551413 Jul 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry JS but your preaching a false gospel just like confriting and preston.
Marge, even OSAS teaches one,must BELIEVE in order to be saved.
Accept and confess that Christ died for you.

I'm finding the,dialog between Just Sayin and USA born interesting .

At the core,of the CHRISTIAN FAITH IS,OUR FAITH which comes,from grace given by God..however WE DO HAVE TO BELIEVE ...and confess,Jesus,is,Lord....so we,do have a,part to play in accepting the,FREE GIFT OF GRACE.

Christ did it all as far as sacrifice. We have no part but to ACCEPT THE GIFT ..and in so doing repent of our sins,and follow,Jesus...

I think that is,what both posters,are,saying..

If you are thirsty, I give you a,bottle of water, you will still be thirsty until YOU DRINK IT ...

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#551414 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am not catholic and don't worship or believe many things that they do. However, you are correct in saying that Jesus and God did not disown the Jews. The Jewish people are God's people. It says in the new testament not to talk bad about the Jewish because God is able to engraft them back in, or in other words save them and bring them to the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
truth

Bassendean, Australia

#551415 Jul 25, 2014

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551416 Jul 25, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said the kingdom of God is within.( Individual )
Not a label to be marketed and sold to people looking for forgiveness.
W/out forgiving ones self, he could never know the kingdom of God.
Jesus spoke out against men like the pope.
Who is he to " sell " you forgiveness? God?
The Bible seems to me, to be a theoretical book with the morality of man Interjected to explain bad occurrences.
I wonder sometimes what is meant by this

Corinthians 2 : 13- 15

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of
Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, Therefore it is not
surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end
will be according to their deeds.

I think that is pretty clear don't you?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551417 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you, have a few family members who are catholic. Also some very good friend. They never promote their religion as the only true church.
It's almost hard to believe that Catholics here say we must be Catholic to be saved.
Yet YOU believe that (for example) Muslims must convert to your Protestant religion, as otherwise they won't saved by Jesus and God to Christian heaven ... which by the way is the worst place in the universe a Muslim would ever dream of going in his absolute worst nightmares.

And the Muslims want you to convert to Islam and spend eternity in Islamic paradise with 72 Islamic virgins at your beck and call.

I suggest that all of you believe you are wishing the best on others ... while according to each other, are wishing the WORST on others.

Hilarious comedy that even Shakespeare would probably envy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,480
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min speedyj1992 987,394
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 58 min HFCS - What It Is 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,492
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 5 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 6 hr Ricky F 2,335
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr Ricky F 39,263
More from around the web