Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#551281 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You never fooled me. You are here because you believe you are a divine leader of spirits and can assure others that they are safe in your care with your gnowledge of all things spiritual.
I am free of vultures such as you, and I don't intend to ever subject myself to such idiocy again.
...and so you shall.....

Self.

Learn it, love it, live it.
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#551282 Jul 24, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is wrong Michael ...well maybe something is wrong with you. lol
We have witnesses, plain and simple!
It's the witnesses that wrote down everything that Jesus did while he walked this earth.
So do you believe your world history?Guess not, all history is a lie according to you.
#funny #clueless #nuts #negative
since you have no evidence that anything in the bible actually happened by the act/s of a deity, you have no proof Jesus even existed, everything that could prove the authenticity of the bible being accurate has vanished into oblivion, unless you can come up with solid undeniable proof, that the authors are accurate, he was capable of performing miracles, and he did rise from the dead, the bible is just a mythical story. not even the pope can say god does exist because he can not prove it, and if he was gods right hand man on earth as the church claims, why does a pope die? why can't he perform miracles? why can't he stop earthquakes,floods, volcano's. he can't lay his hands upon a sickly person an heal them, so what is his purpose? let's remember no one comes between man and god except Jesus. that one sentence discredits the churches belief that they are the true church, which they couldn't be, they were not given the books that are in an out of the bible, everything they posses was stolen from other countries, people were killed for not following the church, and one of the commandments clearly states that killing someone is a horrible sin, yet the church killed thousands to possibly millions of people and stole everything they owned, the church did not divinely receive anything. they are a church of pagan/christian beliefs, so there is no way it's the true church.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#551283 Jul 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, love, hope - all generate from the brain.
Please show me your citation or evidence that they are products of the heart.
NASL

Peace

Your citation, please note especially Article 2, as it is specific to what you ask:

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/2062.htm#artic...

What is confounding to me is that you use the word spiritual in your name and you have no spirituality in your writing, since everything is "synthetic" to you, which is called spiritual.

Isn't that the height of dishonesty and hypocrisy?

It is the reason I refer to you as in a fog, Do you understand what I am saying?

Location hidden

#551284 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity poor you that you can't make the world's people over into Catholics and fill your self with even more pompous notions that you understand universal religious truth.
June

I am not converting anyone. I try to let people find their own way, but help them with options, they may not realize.

Your brand of preaching, seems to be all hellfire and brimstone(Subjects you never leave alone every day.) Why do you think that is?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551285 Jul 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I am not converting anyone. I try to let people find their own way, but help them with options, they may not realize.
Your brand of preaching, seems to be all hellfire and brimstone(Subjects you never leave alone every day.) Why do you think that is?
I suggest you stop trying to bullshit a bullshitter.

You believe that being a Catholic gives you a very HIGH vantage point that all others don't HAVE who are not of your Catholic FAITH.

That is the reason that you left your Protestant religion behind as refuse.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551286 Jul 24, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and so you shall.....
Self.
Learn it, love it, live it.
You believe you have LOVE in your possession, and others are not so fortunate.

If that were not true, you would not be here feeling sorry for others and trying to lead them on YOUR self-perceived DIVINE "spiritual" path.

You give the impression that your self is HOLY and in order to "succeed" others need to learn to be just like you.

Arrogantology!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551287 Jul 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
blind acceptance of belief .
What from your perception is "AWAKE" acceptance of belief???

Catholicism???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551288 Jul 24, 2014
Wild animals never trust other animals even in their own packs to not hurt them.

Humans are taught to trust other humans and that is a setup, as humans are also simply self-serving animals.

Religion is just one of the many cons that humans USE on each other to entertain the selves and hopefully become wealthy off of the hard labor of others. "If you are not in our system of "spiritual" belief, the savior will not LOVE you."

Non-human animals don't know of such a system of blackmail as religion. If they did, I suggest they would also use it, as do humans.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551289 Jul 24, 2014
My poor father worked at hard physical labor until he was an old man, to in turn be bilked of much of his money by the men of the Gnostic Rosicrucian "Order" who promised him Gnowledge if only he would keep sending them money.

He ended his life in the system of belief that if he had not been perfected, he would still have to incarnate to earthly states of yet more suffering .. until he did attain perfection.

I am repulsed by the male-created words "perfection" and "holy" ... as I suggest they belong in the trash-bin of religious terminology.

My father deserved much better than what he received from male con-artists who used religious tactics on him to keep him subservient to their teachings. MUCH BETTER!

They won't get money from me ... those letches of profanity in the guises of being servants of gods.

I would rather burn my money in the wood stove than support their con-games of knowing universal truth.
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#551290 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......Your spelling and sentence structure clearly indicate you have the monkey brain. Wait!!! Monkeys are smarter than that.(lol)
my spelling and structure is foreign English
but you are stupid and goof to spread rascistic predujicial remarks against foreigners on worldwide open Forum to all nations and languages, not only for idiots like you, you little sucker hateful cockroach?
for sure China Monkey are more smarter from half d...heads like you and all of you low IQ American peasants?
just stop use rascistic remarks,because Topix remove you from posting hateful craps around,
sesh
You poor POS
illiterate low descency alcoholic and drug sniffer, for sure RCC wicked member serving devil and concrete idols?

grosse Schwanz.
if you got brain of dead cockroach in human skull, write to me in my own language,you little goof rascistic psychopath
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#551291 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What from your perception is "AWAKE" acceptance of belief???
Catholicism???
Awake is JW magazines printed in Brooklyn NY, or Walkill Farms in NY

read them, maybe common sense of basic beliefs in God enter your atheistic old cabbage empty stupid worthless brain?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#551292 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>q
...So as you say if every religion past and present believes they are the one true church, then that increases the odds or makes it less likely that Yours is the one true church.
Quite the opposite. The Catholic church has endured the centuries. The others have not. It is the oldest established Christian church on earth. It has much tradition. As an Oriental I love tradition. My Chinese culture holds dear ancient traditions because they embody a connection to past times and ancestors.

Location hidden

#551293 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the opposite. The Catholic church has endured the centuries. The others have not. It is the oldest established Christian church on earth. It has much tradition. As an Oriental I love tradition. My Chinese culture holds dear ancient traditions because they embody a connection to past times and ancestors.
Mi Lin

Peace

There are a lot of people on this thread, that are very unhappy with the RCC. And they have been practicing their sort of Inquisition on believers. Just do not allow them the pleasure of disturbing your own faith. It is something I have learned.

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#551295 Jul 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
Your citation, please note especially Article 2, as it is specific to what you ask:
http://www.newadvent.org/summa/2062.htm#artic...
What is confounding to me is that you use the word spiritual in your name and you have no spirituality in your writing, since everything is "synthetic" to you, which is called spiritual.
Isn't that the height of dishonesty and hypocrisy?
It is the reason I refer to you as in a fog, Do you understand what I am saying?
I am spiritual....very.....that is one explanation on why I promote people to look within themselves for the answers....and not to some man-made document.

FYI...from your link:

"For the theological virtues, if they be in a human soul...."

Please note...."IF"....is the key word in the article.....you must've missed this word.

"IF" reflects a 'possibility" - not completely defined, thus, your "conclusion" lacks additional information. Considering you are using a biased article (one from a 'Christian" site)- shows that you are not willing to utilize a non-Christian source - which would probably expose your thinking as 'lacking further details and information'.

Sorry - I'll continue to disagree with your "conclusion".

Location hidden

#551296 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that being a Catholic gives you a very HIGH vantage point that all others don't HAVE who are not of your Catholic FAITH.
That is the reason that you left your Protestant religion behind as refuse.
June

No one has a special spiritual antenna. Some just spend a little more time tuning in the radio signal, as we did in the old days.....

Albuquerque, NM

#551297 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good....baby steps in honesty is all that I ask.....thank you "BSer".

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#551298 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe you have LOVE in your possession, and others are not so fortunate.
Wrong again.
Why do you make false claims about others? I suggest it is because you can face the truth of yourself?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>If that were not true, you would not be here feeling sorry for others and trying to lead them on YOUR self-perceived DIVINE "spiritual" path.
I don't feel sorry for anyone. They've chosen their path they are on. I've give plenty of details that will help them in their life and their journey.
They can take it or leave it - people make their own choices.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>You give the impression that your self is HOLY and in order to "succeed" others need to learn to be just like you.
Not at all....I'm human...I make mistakes because I am human....but I don't dwell on the mistakes too long.
I move forward and ALWAYS trying to better my life. If I happen to get a chance to help out another - I take it. Just like I've done for you....I've tried top give you some core wisdom that you lack terribly, but I regress.....you continue to battle your way from understanding them.
Sorry June - it is only your choices that have caused you to be whom you are today. I had nothing to do with that. But I am here to help if you decide to change.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Arrogantology!!!
There is no such thing or word or even belief.....except in your own world, huh?

Why are you so angry at others for believing differently than you do?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551301 Jul 24, 2014
We are all on the forum to try to persuade others that our way of believing is the best way TO believe.

If that was not true, we would not BE posting on a forum.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551302 Jul 24, 2014
It is common sense that a spirit could not create it's self, so in religious terminology, a creator, otherwise known as a spirit manufacturer would have HAD to create human spirits.

Because I am now an Atheist, I believe that non-human animals are driven either by pleasant or nasty emotions, as are humans, and it has nothing whatever in common with being spiritual as in being lead by a holy god or lead by an evil devil.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#551303 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
We are all on the forum to try to persuade others that our way of believing is the best way TO believe.
If that was not true, we would not BE posting on a forum.
Then you are no different than an evangelical Christian.. Some would even say you have a "god" your trying to promote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Gabriel 982,469
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 34 min Aura Mytha 8,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUI... 124,304
Being alone stinks so bad...that even God........ 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Gay Sex in Houston (Apr '15) 8 hr John j 18
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr onemale 286,505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr lil whispers 619,479
More from around the web