Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637382 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551226 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify your comments: I DO NOT hate the Bible only Church that I was connected with for over 35 years--despite what you might think....In fact--I am thankful for being raised in my bible only Church because the more that I studied sacred scripture (along with researching and studying over 2000 years of Church History, the more I begin to come to the knowledge and realize the TRUTH of The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and that HE was the one who initiated, formed and authenticated ONLY ONE TRUE (Universal) Church and it was Catholic!!!
In addition, my family still attend that bible only Church in California and whenever on a visit, I will attend Church with them----however---always making sure that it does not interfere with worshipping Jesus Christ at both daily and Sunday Mass.......The main difference is that the Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that possesses the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ (only in and through) HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---which open up to the Fullness in "growing in the faith and Salvation of Our Lord...
I am sincerely glad to hear that as your posts,make that church sound awful.Seriously.

I am grateful for the nuns that taught me about Jesus and His life. Despite what anyone thinks, I don't hate your new Church..I posted a long post to USA which says what I believe regarding the RCC. I believe many Catholics love Jesus dearly ...but that does not mean others,do not believe in and love Him as,much.

I believe God uses us all to spread His word. And we should be closer. Some of my family is Catholic also.

Again glad you don't hate your old Church
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551227 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
It is a very personal decision. I went to Catholic school in Hong Kong and I am going again in America. I believe that the Catholic teachings are the only true teachings because I am a Catholic. A Lutheran or a Baptist would think differently. But for me the Catholic church is the one true church.
Your "own personal" confession of faith parallels the words of St Peter in the book of Matthew when Jesus asked the Apostles "who do you say that I am". Peter proclaimed Jesus as the Messiah and Jesus responded::: "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you except my Father in heaven.....Yes---Lin!....Flesh and blood has not revealed to you Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church (except) if it had not been for Our a Father and Christs Father in heaven"...As-former bible only Protestant The "Spirit of a God through His Son Jesus has blessed you with Spiritual insight and revelation of the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ manifested in and through His One True Catholic Church
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551228 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sincerely glad to hear that as your posts,make that church sound awful.Seriously.
I am grateful for the nuns that taught me about Jesus and His life. Despite what anyone thinks, I don't hate your new Church..I posted a long post to USA which says what I believe regarding the RCC. I believe many Catholics love Jesus dearly ...but that does not mean others,do not believe in and love Him as,much.
I believe God uses us all to spread His word. And we should be closer. Some of my family is Catholic also.
Gods blessing to you and your family RoSesz!......

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551229 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You too HOJO.

I really feel that should persecution come in our lifetime, there will be no distinction made among denominations. Maybe then we will find what we,have,in common beliefs.

Some,of us can relate, at least in real life to a,shared belief in CHRIST ...I hope so .
Liam

United States

#551230 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. They promote Peter and say nothing about the Words of Christ. This somehow makes sense to them.
Do you think the Catholics were given a canon of Scripture and after careful study, decided that Peter was the first Pope etc etc? You have to get it out of your mind on what Scripture is. Its difficult for me to understand why you all believe as if the apostles simply handed out a few of their writings. Nowhere in the Bible is the protestant approach to the Bible taught. And the funny thing is: even under your verse verse verse microscope, Catholicism still passes with flying colors.
"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church". From there on, Simon was no longer called Simon, he was called Rock. In the Book of Acts we read "Peter stood up; Peter spoke". It never says "Simon (who's faith is like a rock) stood up".

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551231 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BY FAITH we are saved
You didn't post your WHOLE thought regarding that sentence ... "By faith in JESUS we are saved ... and those unfortunate ones who refuse to believe in Jesus as their savior will NOT be saved."

Prince George, Canada

#551232 Jul 24, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I am seriously wondering if you have dementia as others do. Or you are so self absorbed that you do not really ponder any one else's posts . This issue that you have brought up again has already been addressed. While you accuse others of only being on here to argue, it has become undeniable that you speek this truth about yourself most clearly. You are confused to the extreme and seem to love it, therefor you seek to confuse others, which hasn't worked. But you don't notice. Is it because you forget the conversation that happened yesterday? You say the same crazy pull it out your swamp every day as if it is a new thing.
I do think you are smarter than how you present yourself, dementia or not. I doubt you honestly struggle to understand anything, dementia or not. I doubt you ever really did. You are plainly angry and want the world to feel the same. And by now you are addicted to your rage. But what are you angry about? That there is suffering? That YOU suffer? Well suck it up: everyone suffers, including God. Stop the whining, it's getting old.
Whatsa matter???

You don't WANT to believe as does Billy Graham that Muslims could be welcomed into Christian heaven, "without" the help of "your" guiding scriptural WORDS?

I think it was really very generous of Billy Graham to finally open Jesus' door to Muslims, even though it might BE against Jesus' will. Sometimes even saviors have to be nudged in the right direction.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#551233 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the words Peter spoke.
Do you read and study Bible scripture?
Some man wrote in his religious STAGED-PLAY that the Character Peter SAID "such and such."

That is mythology.

Do not place your faith in the words of MEN. You have been warned ... but your vanity in the concept that you KNOW universal truth ...because of your adamant will to be RIGHT ... keeps blocking your vision.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#551234 Jul 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they let them watch the children or volunteer for the disabled or teach their own Christianity?
Are you asking if the clergy at a local Catholic Church would let a stranger off the street come in and watch the children?
I would say definitely not.
Would they let a stranger volunteer?
Perhaps, you would have to talk to the church office.
Would they let a stranger off the street come in and teach their own Christianity?
Absolutely not.

Prince George, Canada

#551235 Jul 24, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
...and for everything else, there's heroin card!
It's possible that the confusion of religious hyperbole has caused many people to depend on alcohol or pot or hard drugs such as cocaine, in order to find some mental relief from the worry of burning in hells taught by the theologians.

Theologians were paid to preach and write more and more junk. So as time went by, most everything human was labeled as being a SIN ... and offensive to GOD!

JUNKOLOGY!!!

I don't believe that a creator exists to give a rat's ass one way or the other.

Prince George, Canada

#551236 Jul 24, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to Mass? You know you could attend sometime. No one checks your affiliation at the door. No questions asked. No "stand up if you are a visitor". No "fill out the visitors card". They just treat you as if you belong.
YEAH RIGHT!!!

Without people coming in the door they can't train their mentalities to believe that only Catholics KNOW the one and only universal truth.

As do those in all religious cults ... they lure vulnerable humans in to their places of worship, to in turn fill minds with hyperbolic JUNK and then assure the devotees that what they digested was straight from the MIND of a HOLY GOD!

They all use the very same tactics. "WELCOME SISTER (BROTHER)... COME IN and become a member of our lovely close-knit FAMILY."

Prince George, Canada

#551237 Jul 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
real Christian game shows
This forum, with all the right-fighting Christians telling each other who is fit for heaven and who is "fit" for hell ... is enough of a Christian game-show for me.

Prince George, Canada

#551238 Jul 24, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea "what peter spoke" -- all your sources are bogus. In fact, peter herself is a man made entity.
They fail to admit to their selves that theologians in all religions were hired to write and preach mythology.

That is why they continue to fight over whose words in whose religious literature owns universal truth.

The devotees of the cults will not bend their egos to say "You know what ... we have all been SHAFTED by the crafty theologians. Let's admit that even if "future" is a reality, we can't know it ahead of when it unfolds."

Imagine the peace of mind that could follow such an admittance.

Prince George, Canada

#551239 Jul 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We love The Word of God and God above all.
Even if God (at judgment day) rejects you to eternal HELL???

WOW!!! You really do LOVE suffering!!!

Ridiculous!

You live in FEAR that if you don't worship the supposed god, he will not have any use for you ... other than the eternal torment of HELL.

Prince George, Canada

#551240 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS YOU AND CURSE THOSE,WHO CURSE YOU ...God's covenant with Abraham....HE does,NOT go back on His,word ....woe to us, should we forget as we seem to here in our country ...
If you didn't have your religious hyperbole to preach at others ... I suggest your life would have very little meaning to you.

As a Protestant you came here to preach universal truth at Catholics ... yet you try to feign that you LOVE everybody as "Jesus" loves everybody ... except of course the Catholics that he will reject to hell if they don't become Protestants.

"The pope is a nice man" ... you say ... with the stipulation that Jesus won't love him unless he converts to your Protestant religion.

What a crock!!!

Prince George, Canada

#551241 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
It is a very personal decision. I went to Catholic school in Hong Kong and I am going again in America. I believe that the Catholic teachings are the only true teachings because I am a Catholic. A Lutheran or a Baptist would think differently. But for me the Catholic church is the one true church.
Catholics brag that they are not a denomination but rather the REAL deal according to GOD.

But the fact is, they are a denomination of Judaism and all the Pagan religions that they plagiarized and twisted and added to in order to start their own religion.

Without the Jewish literature of the Jewish god that the monotheistic Jews created ... the Catholics would have no image of a god TO worship. NONE.

Yet they can't openly thank the Jews for the Jewish contribution ... because for centuries they taught that God and Jesus disowned the Jews.

You will see the manipulation ... but only when you open your mind TO see!

Prince George, Canada

#551242 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify your comments: I DO NOT hate the Bible only Church that I was connected with for over 35 years--despite what you might think....In fact--I am thankful for being raised in my bible only Church
You have used that "bible only" terminology to insult the Protestants time and again ... and now you switch your story to pretend that Catholics taught "bible only" theology to YOU.

Do you honestly believe that your Protestant family that you left behind will be rejected by Jesus to hell for not becoming Catholic???

You really must believe that if Jesus lives, he is a monster!

There is no other way to look at the situation created by theologians.

Prince George, Canada

#551243 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT a chance!.........
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Could you ALSO be misguided???

Prince George, Canada

#551244 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a hypocrite.

If you thought the lovely nuns that taught you Catholicism were saved ... you would still BE a Catholic.

No question about it!

Just as hojo thinks Jesus loves Catholics ... you are certain the Jesus loves Protestants.

You don't leave your own religion behind for another religion, unless you are certain that the one you rejected ... Jesus will also reject.

Prince George, Canada

#551245 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
But if she doesn't convert to Catholicism, you have the greatest of sympathy for her, because you and Jesus agree that she must "for her own good" be rejected to Catholic hell.

You've already shown your stripes hojo ... so it's too late to feign niceties in the pretense that you are sincere with that "God's blessings" B.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Not religious 28,438
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,903
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul is dead 3,636
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 13 min harsh 704
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr An NFL Fan 38,008
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,135
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Janani 8,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr pusherman 968,773
More from around the web