Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681599 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551180 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Nothing should stop us from reading and studying the Words of God and Christ.
To study words does not mean to know universal truth ... so you best leave the words alone in case you put meanings into the words that don't belong.

Men kill each other every day because they put vile meanings into scriptural words.

To instruct others that hell exists for them is not nice behavior. You've been warned ... many times.

Don't put your faith in men-tality!
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#551181 Jul 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' church was built on Peter's confession of faith in Jesus Christ..........
I agree. They promote Peter and say nothing about the Words of Christ. This somehow makes sense to them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551182 Jul 23, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy enough to imagine any scenario to protect one's believe in deities..
There's something very off-putting about the belief that the self deserves eternal bliss.

VERY off-putting indeed.
Just Sayin

United States

#551183 Jul 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......How many catholic clergy worldwide over centuries who sexually molested children gave themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said? ALL of THEM!!
.....How many catholic priests/bishops who had first hand knowledge of these abusive priests who lied, deceived and covered up their sins, gave themselves the Eucharist at every daily/sunday mass they said? ALL of THEM!!
.....These are the very same clergy who sternly taught me as a child I could NOT!! receive the Eucharist for committing sin and having such sins on my soul.
Hipocracy!!
Well, Michael, I'm not sure of how many child molesters there have been, either in the Church or outside the Church. I myself was molested by a southern baptist. I understand outrage for these horrible crimes. And I understand the outrage that such criminals evoke especially in disrespecting God, especially when taking Eucharist in such an atrocious state of mortal sin. And the outrage at the cover ups. How betrayal is enraging! It is ugly. And painful. I am truly sorry if this happened to you or anyone you love and truly sorry that so many people hurt because of these sorts of abuse. But don't imagine these crimes have only happened in th Catholic Church. That's not fair to the people in the CC who don't abuse children, who probably are the majority.
Just Sayin

United States

#551184 Jul 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......How many catholic clergy worldwide over centuries who sexually molested children gave themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said? ALL of THEM!!
.....How many catholic priests/bishops who had first hand knowledge of these abusive priests who lied, deceived and covered up their sins, gave themselves the Eucharist at every daily/sunday mass they said? ALL of THEM!!
.....These are the very same clergy who sternly taught me as a child I could NOT!! receive the Eucharist for committing sin and having such sins on my soul.
Hipocracy!!
And I must add that for any priest to blatantly accuse a child of child molestation should be immediately defrocked. I am so sorry this was done to you.
Priests aren't there to accuse anyone of anything. You should go to your bishop with this.
Just Sayin

United States

#551185 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's true there should be no rejection ... ever, so I don't have to worry about believing in or loving Jesus ... RIGHT???
It's you who tries in VAIN to block my access to Jesus because I am not in your religion. And in the hereafter you might be harshly judged for that behavior ... RIGHT???
Silly humans create silly dogmas.
There is no rejection from God, but there can be rejection of God by people. Has this not occurred to you after all this time?
This has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions. I tend to entirely question your sincerity. You are 80 or so?
Just Sayin

United States

#551186 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. They promote Peter and say nothing about the Words of Christ. This somehow makes sense to them.
I'm not sure why you claim that Catholics "say nothing of the words of Christ."
Have you ever been to a Mass?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551187 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Christian churches were following Christ's directive...there was a schism when Rome took supremacy, but even then they spread God's word.

I still believe Christ never intended the RCC to then become as a Caesar, pertaining not only priests,but kings...involved in Crusades and Inquisitiins, building a palatial Vatican with POPES unfit to tie Peters shoes ....if there was a succession of Bishops of Rome it as surely broken by ungodly men in that chair.

I also believe Christ built the Church on the FAITH in Jesus as Messiah and Saviour dying once and for all to pay a sin debt WE CAN NEVER PAY ..HE said it is finished ..and He used that revelation to Luther who was an imperfect human trying to REFORM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH .

God knew this,would happen . The RC Church after this,lost its,secular power...bibles were eventually in houses, the Faith spread to the New World much faster than only Spanish missions .......and the RCC itself was so reformed it does,not call itself Roman anymore as it did when I was a child .

We still have ONLY ONE MEDIATOR , JESUS CHRIST ..He is neither Pope/ nor High Priest , though I think some modern popes seek much more to do Gods will than their medieval predecessors. Imo again.

The Reformation was needed . GOD used it ..was,it perfect , no ...but God does use imperfection in humans..we became a country who would eventually spread the WORD and ALLY with the new country of Israel and even help it into existence .THIS WAS NO ACCIDENT .

I don't believe an only CATHOLIC bunch of colonies would have helped Israel nor spread the gospel as widely over the New nation..nor become a,powerful country to do Gods will in this .

The current scandals in ALL churches,are not God's will ..but the Catholic church is much better for the Reformation itself ...AGAIN MY OPINION and belief.

Nice to meet you
marge

Leesburg, GA

#551188 Jul 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter must have misunderstood Jesus. Because he went to Antioch and Rome and ordained Bishops and Priests. He set up a hierarchy. Glad you could examine the Scriptures 2,000 yrs later and clarify this embarrassing mistake of Peter. Lol. Seriously....hope all is well, Truth.
Gal 2:11But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.

11. Peter—"Cephas" in the oldest manuscripts Paul's withstanding Peter is the strongest proof that the former gives of the independence of his apostleship in relation to the other apostles, and upsets the Romish doctrine of Peter's supremacy. The apostles were not always inspired; but were so always in writing the Scriptures. If then the inspired men who wrote them were not invariably at other times infallible, much less were the uninspired men who kept them. The Christian fathers may be trusted generally as witnesses to facts, but not implicitly followed in matters of opinion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551189 Jul 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Message of Reformation is not the message that began with Martin Luther but with Jesus Christ, the first true reformer.
Your message of re-formation is that God didn't love Jesus when he was a Jewish rabbi.

He only loved Jesus when Jesus decided to join the Christian religion.

Even for theology, that is all ridiculous ... that is beyond ridiculous.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551190 Jul 23, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Christian churches were following Christ's directive
It's bad enough that you Christians washed all the Judaism out of the master of universal truth ... but to call Jesus by his last name is very disrespectful in deed.

Maybe you should use the term "Mister Christ."

Tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551192 Jul 23, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no rejection from God,
Does that mean that the god will accept Muslims into heaven??? Maybe Billy Graham is right. God is becoming more accepting of those in other religions.

Soon maybe even the Jews will be blessed with eternal bliss ... without even converting to your Christian religion.

Things are "looking UP."

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#551193 Jul 23, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text> Your opinion is wrong. Only the Catholic Church hathe Eucharist. Only through the Eucharist can you enter Christ and Christ enters you.
Good grief ..you're back???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551194 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text> Your opinion is wrong. Only the Catholic Church hathe Eucharist. Only through the Eucharist can you enter Christ and Christ enters you.
Dominating a savior around might have serious repercussions.

The savior could get tired of the manipulation and say "I don't WANT to be possessed. I'm tired of them telling me who I have to love."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#551195 Jul 23, 2014
BY FAITH we are saved ....or don't you believe your own bible,..I assume,that the,Gospel of John is,in there,?? Read it .

Christ said Do this,in Remembrance, however each Church does,the,Lords,Supper ..BUT .not do this,IN ORDER TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE..

FAITH !!!!! IN CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOUR
Just Sayin

United States

#551196 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that the god will accept Muslims into heaven??? Maybe Billy Graham is right. God is becoming more accepting of those in other religions.
Soon maybe even the Jews will be blessed with eternal bliss ... without even converting to your Christian religion.
Things are "looking UP."
Sorry but I am seriously wondering if you have dementia as others do. Or you are so self absorbed that you do not really ponder any one else's posts . This issue that you have brought up again has already been addressed. While you accuse others of only being on here to argue, it has become undeniable that you speek this truth about yourself most clearly. You are confused to the extreme and seem to love it, therefor you seek to confuse others, which hasn't worked. But you don't notice. Is it because you forget the conversation that happened yesterday? You say the same crazy pull it out your swamp every day as if it is a new thing.
I do think you are smarter than how you present yourself, dementia or not. I doubt you honestly struggle to understand anything, dementia or not. I doubt you ever really did. You are plainly angry and want the world to feel the same. And by now you are addicted to your rage. But what are you angry about? That there is suffering? That YOU suffer? Well suck it up: everyone suffers, including God. Stop the whining, it's getting old.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#551197 Jul 23, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why you claim that Catholics "say nothing of the words of Christ."
Have you ever been to a Mass?
I was talking about the words Peter spoke.

Do you read and study Bible scripture?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#551198 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There's something very off-putting about the belief that the self deserves eternal bliss.
VERY off-putting indeed.
...and for everything else, there's heroin card!
Just Sayin

United States

#551199 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the words Peter spoke.
Do you read and study Bible scripture?
Of course.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#551200 Jul 23, 2014
FYI

UNRELATED to Topix

Anyone like Old Westerns,, Dr Quinn , Jag.....see if you get INSP channel.

Passing it on ..and of course they have religious,programming.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min old_moose 6,634
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,780
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min bad bob 184,861
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 1 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,440
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web