Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,690
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#550824 Jul 22, 2014
Of course Catholics condemned each other to hell. That was the basis OF the Protestant religion.

By using words in the Catholic bible, Martin Luther condemned pope Leo X to an eternity in hell as being the anti-Christ ... while at the same time claiming that only God could judge who would go to hell.

And all of the hatred those men spewed at each other, was preached as being in the cause of helping humanity find "universal LOVE."

If you people don't choose to wake up ... the onus is on you.

Prince George, Canada

#550825 Jul 22, 2014
Preacher ... "I don't know the mind of God, but I know this much, that if you don't join my religion you will spend eternity in hell."

Wake up people!
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550826 Jul 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly the case at ALL after being indoctrinated for over 35 years as a bible only "self interpreting contradicting Protestant "hidden and supressed" from the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the 1st 1500 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church and the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible in 397AD by the Early Church Fathers..........Not programmed---Not re-programmed but "ENLIGHTENED to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church.....
You don't even read the the scripture except for what the church tells you to read. You have no clue of all of Christ's teachings so you cannot possibly know if the interpretations are wrong or not.

You makr your church sound like a cult.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550827 Jul 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Im saying the Bible doesn't TEACH to go by the Bible alone. "All Scripture is profitable". We agree on that.
And whats this about me believing the Pope's words are more important than whats in the Bible?? I never said that. Look, you guys bestow allot more authority on the Pope than he actually has. No Pope has the authority to go against the word of God, both written and oral. No pope ever has in his teaching capacity. He would be rebuked.
And you won't face your dillema...... if it is only the Bible, then WHO'S interpretations?
I'll ask you the same question I asked marge, who didn't respond.

Does your church teach all of what Christ taught and the commandments He gave us? For instance,

Mark 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550828 Jul 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly the case at ALL after being indoctrinated for over 35 years as a bible only "self interpreting contradicting Protestant "hidden and supressed" from the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the 1st 1500 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ's One True Catholic Church and the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible in 397AD by the Early Church Fathers..........Not programmed---Not re-programmed but "ENLIGHTENED to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church.....
Hi Hojo.......
INFORMATION:
Did you know the majority of roman catholic priests in america and a large portion of the laity do not like the new sunday missal that went into service in 2011?
http://www.praytellblog.com/index.php/2014/04...
http://www.csbsju.edu/sot/lifelong-learning-a...
Are you with the majority on this or do you go against the consensus?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550829 Jul 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>

You make your church sound like a cult.
BAM!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550830 Jul 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Don't they make glasses for that?
you should really have that checked out..
If she didn't sit 15 feet away from the computer she would be fine. Problem solved!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550831 Jul 22, 2014
From the catholic news desk.

........This survey shows fairly widespread skepticism about the new Missal by U.S. Catholic priests, with strong differences in opinion between the majority of priests who do not like the Missal and the minority who do. Among the principal findings of this survey:

.........Priests do not like the new text - 59% do not like it, compared to 39% who do.

....By a similar margin, 57% to 36%, priests do not like the more formal style of language, with over one-third (35%) strongly disliking the new language.

......Similarly, only 35% of priests think that the new translation is an improvement on the old one, against 56% who do not think it is an improvement. Over one- third of priests (34%) strongly disagree that the new Missal is an improvement.

.....Priests overwhelmingly think that some of the language is awkward and distracting - 80% agree with this statement, with nearly three out of five (59%) agreeing strongly with this negative appraisal.
More than three in five priests (61%) think that the new translation urgently needs to be revised, with 43% strongly agreeing that it urgently needs revision. Only 29% disagree that the new Missal needs revision.
Similarly, more than three in five priests (61%) do not think work should go forward translating the Liturgy of the Hours and other sacraments in the same style as the new Missal, with 43% strongly disagreeing with this work continuing. Only slightly more than three in ten priests (32%) would like to see translation work continue in the same style.
Most priests (55%) are not confident that priests' translation views will be taken seriously, with less than one-quarter of priests (24%) confident their views will be taken seriously.

.....Nearly half of all priests (49%) do not approve of the Holy See's leadership in bringing about the new Missal, with nearly three in ten priests (29%) strongly disapproving of the Holy See's role. Less than two out of five priests (39%) approve of the Holy See's leadership on the new Missal.

.....Back to the drawing board!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550832 Jul 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
......According to Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Ukrainian Orthodox, Antiochian Orthodox, Estonian Orthodox, Latvian Orthodox, Bulgarian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Syrian Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox and all the rest of Orthodoxy as well as the Latin Church and all those in
How many ORTHODOX are there? 42,200!

Prince George, Canada

#550833 Jul 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even read the the scripture except for what the church tells you to read. You have no clue of all of Christ's teachings so you cannot possibly know if the interpretations are wrong or not.
You makr your church sound like a cult.
All religion is Cult. You simply perceive that your specialty is HOLY because you have programmed your brain-cells to accept that nonsense as universal truth.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550834 Jul 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is Cult. You simply perceive that your specialty is HOLY because you have programmed your brain-cells to accept that nonsense as universal truth.
And who programmed you to stay in some church for 70 years when as you say, you knew the scriptures weren't true as a little girl?

Prince George, Canada

#550835 Jul 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If she didn't sit 15 feet away from the computer she would be fine. Problem solved!
LTM is a fraud that claims to have terrible eyesight, yet can read all the fine print that others post on the forum.

Posting all capital letters is comparable to emphasizing that "What 'I' state is VERY IMPORTANT!"

Prince George, Canada

#550836 Jul 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
And who programmed you to stay in some church for 70 years when as you say, you knew the scriptures weren't true as a little girl?
I went to church to ask questions of my own mind why the Protestant preachers were so arrogant as to believe that a god would choose them rather than other preachers to know the one and only universal truth.

It took me 70 years to come to conclude that all religion is based on arrogance and/or FEAR of HELLS, as in, "If I'm NOT preaching universal truth ... then my fate will be eternal hell. So I better have complete faith in my ability to KNOW and in turn preach universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#550837 Jul 22, 2014
There are men now admitting that they are Atheists while still standing up preaching religion at their "flocks" as being universal truth.

They have no skills to support their families in any other way, so they fool members of the congregations into believing their sermons are sincere.

And really ... they are selling lies to the members of congregations that only want lies ... so the members "aren't" being ripped off.

They came to church and were reinforced with the words that they are saved.

They received their money's worth, so they shouldn't complain.

tongue in cheek
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550838 Jul 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to church to ask questions of my own mind why the Protestant preachers were so arrogant as to believe that a god would choose them rather than other preachers to know the one and only universal truth.
It took me 70 years to come to conclude that all religion is based on arrogance and/or FEAR of HELLS, as in, "If I'm NOT preaching universal truth ... then my fate will be eternal hell. So I better have complete faith in my ability to KNOW and in turn preach universal truth.
You went to church for 70 years because you wanted to know why Protestant preachers are so arrogant? That was your purpose? Strange.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550839 Jul 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH!
That means that men of your church were not finished.
And of course they were not finished. Theologians were paid to keep writing ... so they never stopped writing.
(lol)!

Christians claim they are the new branch of Judiasm, and protestants claim they are the new branch from catholicism.

.... I wonder what the next branch will be, that will sprout?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550840 Jul 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....It took you 35 years of darkness and a guiding light to show you to the catholic church? What is your next belief going to be once your done with catholicism?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#550841 Jul 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
There are men now admitting that they are Atheists while still standing up preaching religion at their "flocks" as being universal truth.
They have no skills to support their families in any other way, so they fool members of the congregations into believing their sermons are sincere.
And really ... they are selling lies to the members of congregations that only want lies ... so the members "aren't" being ripped off.
They came to church and were reinforced with the words that they are saved.
They received their money's worth, so they shouldn't complain.
tongue in cheek
June

Yes. Aren't they called hypocrites. And they should leave.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#550842 Jul 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible onlyfundamentalists like atemcowboy, Oxbow, Confrinting and New Age are "so" tunnel visioned" and "indoctrinated" in" their anti-catholic self-interpeting bible verse beliefs that it is a "waist of time" trying to get through their "road blockage" of ONLY what theyas self made preachers---- want to believe......I alway enjoy your comments of historical and biblical TRUTHS Star C.and in your "continuing to "speak the TRUTH as a TRUE follower of Jesus Christ, the Catholic faith and Our Lords Apostolic Catholic Church.......... Keep the faith---as I know you will!!!!.
"Bible onlyfundamentalists" LOL!!!

i gues the alternative to being a 'Bible only' to you, is being a roman mary/ashteroth worshiping, pope/caesar ring/ass kissing & pedophile advocate!

yeah - give me 'Bible only' any day of the week baby - the war is on!!!

Prince George, Canada

#550843 Jul 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to church for 70 years because you wanted to know why Protestant preachers are so arrogant? That was your purpose? Strange.
As a child yes. After that I struggled to come to my senses about why ALL religion made no sense to me.

At last I came to conclude that all theologians were either liars on purpose ... or totally deluded to in turn believe they knew and know universal truth ... as do you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Osmius 808,937
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Seentheotherside 608,129
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 min Wordsworth 5,536
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Pegasus 268,803
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 36 min andet1987 1,362
Is President Obama Really Christian? 36 min MonkeyPres 90
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 42 min andet1987 4,638
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr Arul 5,623
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 14 hr Mille1234 93
More from around the web