Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#551087 Jul 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's easy Scripture too. Explain your interpretations of it, and why yours is authoritative?
Paul was upset at the Universal Church in Corinth because they were still living with a worldly mentality. I'm not sure how your using it for anything else..
listen you full hate little miserable RCC rat,
attempts to ban me from those thread shows how evil,wicked,miserable hater and spiritual scumbag you are,
I return faster than you write 100 e-mails to Mod Topix,
you are simple RCC spiritual criminal,POS,hater others,and cyber coward
abomination of human Society with Mary statue in your a.....
Hell consume you and your RCC faster than you achieve any sucess to ban me or remove me from posting ugly truths about RCC,you and satanic christianity

3 times Hell with you

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551088 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Religious preacher ... "'I' deserve eternal bliss. I read it in my religious literature. If you want to also have eternal bliss, you would be wise to pay special attention to the words I give you as a gift from God on high.
Aren't I humble to show you that God is in total control, and loves us so much that he doesn't want to have to reject us to hell?"
There is no humility in atheism.

An atheist believes he is god and that is the epitome of his pride

SELF MADE YET...with little or no brains ..... with out a heart....a motor mouth and.

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551089 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
I am sad cowboy says I have a black heart and that gif wont answer my questions.
But their not part of the True Church so it doesn't bother me.
what is sad is that you have a black heart and yet think that you are on the right path. and I am not surprised that you don't like Holiness Preachers. we preach a close walk with God, while those who follow osas, believe in sinning constantly, so grace may abound.

and by saying that you run Holiness Preachers out, you have doomed your own soul.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

without Holiness, You will never see God.

these words are just another example of how low a person that you are. SO GLAD THAT LTM CHOSE TO TELL YOU THAT SHE HAD CHANGED.

as far as GIF was concerned, I didnt think that he was going to fall for your satanic tricks.

I am not the least concerned that people of your ilk don't want to live A LIFE PLEASING TO GOD.

the Bible says that often.

and I can assure you of one thing. If Holiness Preachers come to your churches often, that ought to tell you something, that God is reproving your church and found it wanting from the Lack of Biblical preaching

Location hidden

#551091 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many churches claiming to be the only true church and all others be damned. Nothing new under the sun.
marge just founded another [true church] that she and her husband belong to.

but if you choose to follow God and lead a Holy lifestyle, you aren't going to be welcomed.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#551092 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes of course ... Jesus and God adore you and will reject me to eternal hell.
There ... does that make you feel superior ... as is your desire???
spoken like a true roman/anti-crister!

please don't feed me to the lions just becuase i don't bow my knee to your caesar & humanist gods:-(

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#551093 Jul 23, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
As a materialist, can you see beauty...., such as in a sunset, a painting, a poem, or symmetry? Or are you inclined to see things as the event of random chaos?
Why is materialism "random chaos"? Where did you get that idea from?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#551094 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Question ... What is the difference between an ordained minister and an ordained theologian???
Opinion # one ... The theologian is even more arrogant than the ordained minister.
Opinion # 2 ... There is no difference, as they are both arrogant and claim to know the one and only universal truth.
Opinion # 3 ... The minister was taught to believe he knows universal truth BY the theologian, and the theologian believes that he was inspired to know universal truth by a GOD.
Opinion # 4 ... They should both be exposed as liars for claiming to know universal truth.
question - what's the difference between June and any other God-hating fascist bigot who's ever walked the earth and persecuted the Jews and the Church?

answer - absolutely nothing!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#551095 Jul 23, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
Peace
Convince me there is no argument, and I will agree,
But until then, I beg to differ, continue to disagree....
There is God, there is faith, all in defintions
Just as the universe has uncounted suns...
Peace
All deities are imagined beings. Sure, you really really believe in yours - just like every believer in every religion. Your religions are mutually exclusive. You and they both cannot be right. So you're stuck with these two choices:

- either only one religion is true and all other religions false
- or all religions are false

Given that humans evolved from animals, that not all human groups have religious systems (some don't believe in afterlives, some not in anything "supernatural"), that many religious systems are mutually exclusive, that all religions have equal evidence to their claims - that is to say, none whatsoever - that none of us have access to objective reality and that all people experience subjective realities, that "how to interact with and understand the world around us" differs culturally and throughout history, it's most likely all religions are false and no deities exist.

You are welcome to believe that your religion is, against all odds, the "one true religion," but nothing could be more arrogant, presumptuous, ethnocentric, conceited, unempathetic and infantile. Where did you get this special knowledge?

Not from spirituality - other religions have spiritual experiences and atheists can, too.

Not from miracles - other religions have miracles.

Not from prophecy - other religions have prophecy and fulfilled prophecy.

So your certainty that you are correct exists simply because of your enculturation into your religion and production and reproduction of your lived subjective reality.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#551096 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's your turn ... God sent his son to earth to save only Catholics.
Next turn is for a Protestant to feel special.
SEE ... Catholics and Protestants can learn to take turns. It just takes practice and soon you will be perfect.
:)
However ... don't expect New Age Spiritual Leader to take turns, because he has a god that the Gnostics created in their own image. They don't have to share the same god that you and the Protestants share ... or put another way ... don't WANT to share.
Newsflash - Gnostics didn't create any gods.....and please post the source of your statement that "Gnostics don't want to share".....that is untrue.

But since you think ruffling others feathers is the way to approach any topic -- to give you heads-up....you failed here.

Bummer for you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551097 Jul 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bible only Protestant " fundie" response from one who "cherry picks" a few select bible verses, then interprets ( or better yet Misinterpret ) these verses to make them mean "ONLY" what you want them to mean---inserting the word Catholic (wherever ans whenever )!they neatly fit into you anti-catholic distorted agenda.......Your inconsistent and contradicting (other) 42,200 hodge-podge of MAN-MADE denominations are as confused and chaotic as it gets in the Protestant half-truth , half-heresy pot of propaganda........You fundies " conveniently and on purpose" overlook Paul's command in I Timothy 3:15 where he calls THE CHURCH--------(Not) the bible alone is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH ...Your 21st century "make-it-up-as-you-go man-made doctrines of (bible waiving) self proclaimed ministers have no authority to preach to ANYONE about ANYTHING when it comres to the TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible!!!....
Seems to me they do more than cherry pick ..especially GIF...on any subject ..it's enlightening .

I just got a new bible that was Chronological..very interesting especially for the OT, seeing the order things happened..lot of timelines and other information...
Unfortunately not large print

http://www.amazon.com/Chronological-Life-Appl...

Anyway HOJO ..just a thought.....your first Church was either horrid as you seem to hate it, despite that it taught you love for Christ ....I am grateful for what the nuns taught me about Him
And I don't hate the RCC.
....the
Non Catholic churches I went to didn't mention CATHOLICS at all, except a few questions to me personally by a few,people, and no one put it down...I am really dumbfounded by what you say about whatever Church you were in

I know,folks,on this board don't like the RCC but it's topix and the headline attracts it , I guess.

But I never heard a,sermon that even mentioned Catholics, even the ones I wAtch on TV ..so I can't imagine from your posts what on earth services you went to ...I'm really curious.
Do your old friends throw,rocks,at you for now being Catholic? Do you constantly repeat your set phrases,AT THEM ...or is it just here you have no respect for others,who believe .
35 years is among time to stay among hateful folk ...it's puzzling ....again only going by your posts you really hate that Church ...
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#551098 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We have thousands of members, we train thousands for ministry across Iowa and the world.
marge wrote:

<quoted text>
To belong or volunteer at my churches requires a full backround check, ssn, the works.
They have tried to penetrate many times but non successful that I know.

TRAIN THEM TO DO WHAT MARGE??? WOW I DON'T THINK I WOULD LIKE YOUR CHURCH TO MUCH.
I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO A CHURCH, THAT ISN'T INTERESTED IN WINNING SOULS FOR CHURCH.
PEOPLE ARE NOT SAVED BY A CHURCH,
THEY ARE SANCTIFIED, MADE WHOLE UNTO RIGHTIOUSNESS THE BLOOD OF IST

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551099 Jul 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,Bible Only!....Bible Only!...He continually BELLOWS!!
....He talks about the bible in a negative way that it just doesn't meet the requirements to be worthy of the one true catholic church.
....If hojo is staking his life on cannon laws and rules/regulations that former popes instituted .....God help him. Many of the popes in history have a checkered past.
Many losers have based their hope on and around the bible as being the center of their "universe."

HUGE mistake!

Investment in those words lead many people to commit insane behavior.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#551100 Jul 23, 2014
MARGE CONT:

BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST;
YOUR CHURCH WANTS THEM TO RUN, A BACKGROUND CHECK ON A PERSON BEFORE THEY ARE WELCOME.

JESUS SAYS COME AS YOU ARE,. YOUR MAKING CONDITIONS FOR PEOPLE TO COME TO CHRIST, BEFORE THEY EVEN ENTER YOUR CHURCH. WOW.
MUST BE NICE TO THINK YOU ARE SO PERFECT TO BELONG TO YOUR CHURCH. sad :(

Prince George, Canada

#551101 Jul 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I don't do drugs.
Religion is one of the worst drugs to even infect humans.

Emotions become pulled into the insanity without those who invested their faith even being aware.

Prince George, Canada

#551102 Jul 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Cherry picks?? Today most catholics cherry pick.
More often than not people in religion cherry pick in the attitude of ... "I know universal truth, and when you disagree with me, it is because you are misguided and most certainly lead by the devil."

Prince George, Canada

#551103 Jul 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no problem understanding what evil is how egocentric and ungodly it is and why it should be avoided
If a REAL holy god existed ... it wouldn't know the meaning of the word evil, as it would have nothing but love to go by.

Do you GET that concept???

The fact that you recognize evil is a very bad sign indeed! It could mean that the devil is in you and won't set you free to allow you to see beyond the evil.

Just spoofing you.

I wish you peace and I comprehend that you won't find it by believing in the existence of a devil and evil.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551104 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have never used religion to earn money. Atheists have never pretended to know that gods exist to favor only those in their group of believers. Atheists have killed others but they don't say that a god ordained the killing. Atheists have never used religious literature to frighten children that a god will reject them to hell if they are "EVIL."
You have religion, but I don't perceive that you are a person with integrity. You keep insisting that Catholics deserve eternal hell. You see EVIL all around you ... but not IN you.
I feel whole just as I am ... and try as you might to suck the life out of me to bolster your own inadequacies ... it ain't gonna happen.
If Hell scares the kids so much then why isn't it a deterrent to crime?
I SUGGEST it's because you're full of BS and will say anything In denial..
I SUGGEST YUNS are doing nothing but trying to convince yourself, if it took you 70 years to come to the conclusion you're at now then I SUGGEST that you're really a LIAR and full of BS!!

Prince George, Canada

#551105 Jul 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain your interpretations of it, and why yours is authoritative?
All people who interpret words are certain that the way they interpreted the words, ARE authoritative.

Martin Luther used the same words in the same bible as the popes ... and came to a totally new conclusion about what the words meant to HIM ... and therefore should mean to all other people of the world.

EGO RULES SUPREME!

It's not SAFE to allow brain-cells access to religious literature. The humans that ingest the words into brains become as stupefied as the ones that wrote the words.

Prince George, Canada

#551106 Jul 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> If Hell scares the kids so much then why isn't it a deterrent to crime?
For the same reason that members of the clergy molested and still molest children. Human nature will not BE denied its self-centered pleasures.

The only difference between humans and non-human animals is that humans by far are more manipulative.

An example is the USE of religion. Woman of religion (for instance) have abortions, yet go sit in the pews in churches pretending they would NEVER stoop so low as to have abortions. They want to "save FACE" ... not "GRACE."

The confessional was/is used a lot by the members of the mafia, and the members of Catholic clergy ... hoping in VAIN that Jesus would do for them what they could not or would not do for their selves.

We all want our scapegoats and religion (and YOUR favorite word "spirituality") is high on the list concerning scapegoating.

Prince George, Canada

#551107 Jul 23, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO A CHURCH, THAT ISN'T INTERESTED IN WINNING SOULS FOR CHURCH.
Jews were and are interested in the Jewish Temples as being the only source of universal truth.

Will you deny them their PLEASURES ... as have so VERY many other Christians???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Dr Banonator 56,285
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hukt on Fonix 971,872
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Freebird USA 182,975
Basketball is Stupid (Nov '11) 47 min JOHN 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,082
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr NACKED TRUTH 44,994
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Sam Hall 445,933
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu kobechi3 71
More from around the web