Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685739 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#551046 Jul 23, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Your logic constantly invokes arguments from naive realism, like the one below:
<quoted text>
For you, faith is an important part of being human, and you attach great value to it. Other peoples may not have such experiences and may not share your point of view in this matter. So for you to declare that cultures that lack a faith-aspect to their worldviews will be short lived is you projecting what's important to you onto others.
All you are saying here is "I know best."
It's a cognitively immature position to take, ethnocentric and grossly limiting. Usually monolinguists and the religious hold such views.
<quoted text>
So...no argument then?
Hidingfromyou

Peace

Convince me there is no argument, and I will agree,
But until then, I beg to differ, continue to disagree....

There is God, there is faith, all in defintions
Just as the universe has uncounted suns...

Peace

Location hidden

#551047 Jul 23, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Hidingfromyou

As a materialist, can you see beauty...., such as in a sunset, a painting, a poem, or symmetry? Or are you inclined to see things as the event of random chaos?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551048 Jul 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NOTHING else to turn to that has ANY CREDIBILITY when God has "opened the door" to the FULLNESS of the faith and FULLNESS of the Truth in Jesus Christ and HIS Catholic Church,,,
You could turn to Judaism and align with the REAL monotheistic faith.

And if you think about it, it wasn't difficult for you to shed your Protestant religion for Catholicism ... so one more JUMP into Judaism and you'll be HOME FREE ... right back in the arms of the one and only monotheistic GOD that was created in the mentalities of the monotheistic Jews.

tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#551049 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We have thousands of members, we train thousands for ministry across Iowa and the world.
marge

Peace

Although you speak a lot on the thread, I do not know the name of your church, or denomination. Can you reveal it on the thread? If so, please do....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551050 Jul 23, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham seems to have been a good man.
Did he err?
Of course.
We all err.
But I would not want to measure my life against his.
I suspect I'd fall short.
So he was a good man to teach children that those who were not Protestant would burn in hell???

Yet you are VERY offended when others suggest that YOU will spend eternity in hell for not being in their religion.

Double standards are common with religious devotees. It's the nature of those in cults.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551051 Jul 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bible only Protestant " fundie"....
You state the phrase "bible only" as though it's a dirty thought.

Maybe it IS a dirty thought.

Martin Luther found dirt to dig up against pope Leo X in that bible, which caused Catholics to kill each other and splinter apart even more into the Protestant religion.

The bible doesn't seem to have much goodness going for it, so maybe it "should" be perceived as "dirty" literature.

Of course to be fair, I'll add that from my perception, all religious literature is nothing but gossipy DIRT!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551052 Jul 23, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like another filthy mouth atheist here. My faith has nothing to do with a Church, Vatican is way too much politics from the start.
Yeah RIGHT ... you are one of those PURE untainted Christians that never has an evil or a vain thought.

How funny!!!

Careful you don't break your mirror from over-exposure.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#551053 Jul 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!....For over 2000 years----Jesus Christs One True APostolic Catholic Church "always has"---- and "always will teach the TRUTH of the Goel of Jesus Christ!......That is why it is the ONLY TRUE Church that Jesus built, established and initiated in Matt 16:13-21. AND---it is the ONLY Church that teaches the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH ---AND---it is the ONLY Church that Psul refers to in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH---( not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH
So, if someone asks me about God and Christ, I shouldn't show them scripture but tell them to become Catholic? You're sick with delusion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551054 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did answer my question. Does your church teach you everything Christ said and commanded?
If you become as is hojo ... only then will you and hojo be on the same page of universal truth.

hojo doesn't want to come your way ... so you must go his way. That is how religion works its magic.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551055 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
To belong or volunteer at my churches requires a full backround check, ssn, the works.
So then God is not protecting you from evil HUH???

Welcome to the REAL world.

The pope needs body guards, so I suggest that you don't feel bad about the devil being more powerful than GOD.

Religious devotees have nothing better to do than make up silly stories. That has always been the bad habit.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551056 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I saw 90 percent of the world believes in a God.
They believe that god (or "the" gods) loves (love) them and because of wisdom you will be rejected to hell for not being in the RIGHT religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551057 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We have thousands of members, we train thousands for ministry across Iowa and the world.
Billy Graham trained people that if they weren't Protestant, they would spend eternity in hell.

Now he claims that even Muslims will be allowed in Christian heaven.

Do you see what the words in the supposed "GOOD BOOK" did to HIS brain??? Do you CARE???

You could learn from his ANTICS, but you have to first stop preaching those words in VAIN ... and learn that there isn't any other way TO preach them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551058 Jul 23, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question.
What is common knowledge is sometimes open to debate.
But not always.
If I say, "There are seven days in the week", no reasonable person would question that is common knowledge. It would also be impossible for me to recall when and from whom I first learned that.
But if I say, "Man was made at the end of the week's work, when God was tired" yet fail to mention that quip came from Mark Twain, that is plagiarism.
Everything we believe was first written by others. So everything is being plagiarized.

For instance ... some man wrote that Jesus said such and such. Is reposting fairy tales plagiarism? I suggest that the fairy tales were plagiarized without adding the real name of the real author. And not only that ... they were morphed into the concept that the tales were based on literal truth.

Yet not one signature or one word can anyone find in Jesus' own hand-writing ... which means WHAT???

Myths can and are constantly being plagiarized without a need to post the name of the authors.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551059 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many churches claiming to be the only true church and all others be damned. Nothing new under the sun.
GOD DID DESIGNATE ANY CERTAIN RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION AS HIS MOST FAVORITE CHURCH ..

.WHEN HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO BUILD HIS CHURCH UPON JESUS...

Mat_16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (JESUS CHRIST)
I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

JESUS IS THE STONE

Mat_21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

`````
Mar 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Mar 12:11 This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Mar 12:12 And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him, and went their way.

JESUS IS THE STONE WHICH THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS REJECTED....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551060 Jul 23, 2014
John Chrysostom wrote that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.

I can re-post his words and add his name and I have not plagiarized ... but did John have the right to use Jesus' supposed name in VAIN. He either made up that myth, or he plagiarized it from another man's words ... but there is not one shred of "EVIDENCE" that a man named Jesus UTTERED those words.

Yet devotees by the SCORE believed JOHN KNEW that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551061 Jul 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe that god (or "the" gods) loves (love) them and because of wisdom you will be rejected to hell for not being in the RIGHT religion.
~~~

IF YOU ARE A TRUE ATHEIST ..YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN LOVE...

1Jn_4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God;

for God is love.

1Jn_4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

YOUR WISDOM
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551062 Jul 23, 2014
So let's suppose that John Chrysostom made up the story in his own mind about Jesus wanting the Jews slayed.

That means that John didn't plagiarize that story from another author ... but it does mean that the word Jesus existed before John made up that story ... and that dear old John DID plagiarize the myth of Jesus to in turn add his own flavor of gossip to the Jesus-story that already existed.

If the word Jesus had not existed ... John could not have plagiarized that word to create yet more gossipy nonsensical driven.

Century after century John's plagiarism cost the Jews their lives ... and all in the name of hatred instilled by his Catholic cult to in turn lead others astray of anything decent in their human natures.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551063 Jul 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF YOU ARE A TRUE ATHEIST ..YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN LOVE...
I don't pretend to know the meaning of the word love ... but I do know that I would never use words in a bible to preach that a god agrees with me that homosexuals are perverts ... which is how you use those words.

You are such an idiot, you believe that Jesus is on your side of your word-interpretations in the "attitude" that Catholics deserve eternal hell.

You are about the worst advertisement for Christianity imaginable.

YUCK!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551064 Jul 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DID DESIGNATE ANY CERTAIN RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION AS HIS MOST FAVORITE CHURCH ..
.WHEN HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO BUILD HIS CHURCH UPON JESUS...
A Jewish rabbi teaching in a Christian church is about as silly as the image of a Christian minister preaching "universal truth" in an Islamic mosque.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551065 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if someone asks me about God and Christ, I shouldn't show them scripture.
You could try asking them what the scripture means to them. That would be a drastic change.

Bible studies are a joke. Out of the very same scripture people argue several different points of view of what could have been meant by the "authors."

If you don't learn a valuable lesson from that issue ... it's plain that you don't WANT to learn.

Words do not contain absolute meanings. You are the one that imposes your images on what the words mean to YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Mirror Mirror Walls 26,105
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 39 min Anne Nonymiss 109
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min nanoanomaly 985,687
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 1 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,748
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 26
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr ChromiuMan 6,448
More from around the web