Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646297 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

United States

#550784 Jul 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I"m not Roman Catholic...I have not invited you to be answerable to me nor the Church I pastor
i DON'T PRESENT ME...I can't save you .... only God can forgive sins
I strive to PRESENT GOD'S WORD ...striving to follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit..
to show you the way to be saved.
.If you came to God because of me and God hasn't called you...YOU WOULD NEVER BECOME THE PERSON THAT GOD DESIGNED YOU TO BE.
.You would be in the same OLE deceived condition that you are now. CONTROLLED; BY A RELIGIOUS SPIRIT.... THINKING YOU ARE SAVED ...BUT DECEIVED...
Jesus said
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day..
When and if you are called...YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
So you seem to be a little Calvinistic? Man seeks God but God accepts only a few?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550785 Jul 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't place traditions ahead of Scripture. The Catechism is clear on that. Sacred Scripture and Sacred Scripture were given to us by the Lord. Both flow in harmony.
Your friend said "Bible first". I asked how that could be when the Bible doesn't say that.
Are you saying because the NT scriptures had not been written until after Christ died and rose, the Bible shouldn't come first to Christians?

Do you think the Pope's words are more important than what's written in the Bible? It sounds like you do.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#550786 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
MANY Catholics want change????......MANY priests want change?????.....Hardly the
case!!........You exaggerate"everything " Michael which fits (precisely) into your anti-catholic agenda.....160 Catholic Priests wrote a letter ???????? SO WHAT!!!!!..... Let's see now---this amounts to less than 1/2 of 1/2 of 1% of all priests world wide......AGAIN---why do you care???Why does it matter to you ANYWAY.????.....YOU have rejected the Church, you have rejected Jesus Christ, you have rejected the TRUTH of the TRUE Faith of the Gospel for agnosticism, atheism or whatever you want to call yourself.....You've made your choice.!.......99.99% of ALL "celibate priests have ALSO made their choice......So go live your " isolated" choice and quit trying to undermine the faith and commitment to God, Jesus Christ and His histortically and biblically Proven One True Catholic Church that over 1.2 billion Catholics have made and THE CHOICE of thousands and thousands of CELIBATE Priests have made to God, to His Son Jesus Christ and to HIS CHURCH ........
They made the choice to fund the largest child rape and torture ring in the history of man.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and weep for what you continue to do to those families by keeping their children's predators away from the law. Refuse to give a nickel to those pigs until they are delivered to the proper authorities to face the law.

Stop funding EVIL.
Just Sayin

United States

#550787 Jul 21, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
They made the choice to fund the largest child rape and torture ring in the history of man.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves and weep for what you continue to do to those families by keeping their children's predators away from the law. Refuse to give a nickel to those pigs until they are delivered to the proper authorities to face the law.
Stop funding EVIL.
The cc has been making reparations for crimes certain of her members committed. Are you saying this is the only people who commit crimes?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550788 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
I"m not Roman Catholic...I have not invited you to be answerable to me nor the Church I pastor
i DON'T PRESENT ME...I can't save you .... only God can forgive sins
I strive to PRESENT GOD'S WORD ...striving to follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit..
to show you the way to be saved.
.If you came to God because of me and God hasn't called you...YOU WOULD NEVER BECOME THE PERSON THAT GOD DESIGNED YOU TO BE.
.You would be in the same OLE deceived condition that you are now. CONTROLLED; BY A RELIGIOUS SPIRIT.... THINKING YOU ARE SAVED ...BUT DECEIVED...
Jesus said
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day..
When and if you are called...YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Yep
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550789 Jul 21, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you seem to be a little Calvinistic? Man seeks God but God accepts only a few?
Not many are called to preach.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550790 Jul 21, 2014
I believe Confrinting was called to preach, maybe even cowboy, they drifted though it seems.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#550791 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Then QUIT judging me,(or ANY other Catholic for that matter)-------my faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church -----with your distort interpretation (or better yet " misinteretation" of the bible.
The fact is that "YOU" don't speak for God and have NO AUTHORITY as a "self-appointed" (soap box) preaching minister
hojo

Waconia, MN

#550792 Jul 21, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop funding EVIL.
Try cleaning up your own (soiled )Protestant Polluted Pot of sexual abuse that actually EXCEEDS. those of the Catholic Church ----before you start calling the Catholic Kettle Black.
Bible only Protestant "hypocrites" on this forum have become "experts" at judgmental hypocrisy!......

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550794 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Pro_29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law,(GOD'S WORD) happy is he.
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550795 Jul 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
I was assuming they follow the new covenant law that God taught, seems to me they don't because of the discord.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550796 Jul 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dummy, the phrase you quoted, "all rights are reserved; nothing may be done with a copyrighted work without explicit permission", actually does not appear in the Merriam-Webster copyright notice.
Perhaps you stole it without credit from here:
http://www.iusmentis.com/copyright/allrightsr...
Regardless, I have permission from here:
17 US Code ยง 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use:
<quoted text>
By merely placing a copyright claim on their material, the Merriam-Webster has agreed, in writing, to permitting fair use under that section of the law.
They cannot negate that.
To quote the US Copyright Office:
<quoted text>
Suck to be dumb as well as a thief, eh,'tard?
Did I say that it did.....

Merriam-Webster does not appear in 17 US 107.....it is not carte blanche

It plainly says there are factors to be considered In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use. Merriam-Webster, by posting the info I showed you, say that fair use, in their case, does not apply...you need permission....

You ain't got permission...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#550797 Jul 21, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pusherman, I HAVE A HARD TIME SEEING THE SMALLER PRINT.
Don't they make glasses for that?
you should really have that checked out..
Chess

Columbus, OH

#550798 Jul 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that it did.....
Merriam-Webster does not appear in 17 US 107.....it is not carte blanche
It plainly says there are factors to be considered In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use. Merriam-Webster, by posting the info I showed you, say that fair use, in their case, does not apply...you need permission....
You ain't got permission...
No. You didn't say from whence your quote came. And that's why you're a plagiarist -- a common and chronic thief.

As to my use of Merriam-Webster's material, the Webster folks did give written permission for fair use under the copyright law by invoking the copyright law in writing -- and it is the copyright law and court decisions under it that defines fair use. Webster's copyright notice doesn't even try to define that. But they do try to do so within their reference work:
Merriam-Webster wrote:
<quoted text>fair use ... a legal doctrine that portions of copyrighted materials may be used without permission of the copyright owner provided the use is fair and reasonable, does not substantially impair the value of the materials, and does not curtail the profits reasonably expected by the owner
Noncommercial use of a very small quote from a very large reference work meets the statutory definition of fair use to a tee as well as Webster's own definition.

Thief.

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#550799 Jul 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
The Catholics WROTE that "Jesus" said "it was finished."

But it's quite obvious that the lies of religion were not finished. They continue to this day with all the different theologians in the different religions claiming that their own supposed saviors came to state the same sentiments of "Our savior said "It is finished."

Silly humans.

Burns Lake, Canada

#550800 Jul 22, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> what i'd like to see is the gates to heaven and hell to prove they exist.
You "can" see them ... in your imagination ... IF those are the thoughts that you choose to entertain.

But IF you do choose to entertain those thoughts, you will always place your self in heaven and others in hell.

It's the nature of the greedy human beast.

Burns Lake, Canada

#550801 Jul 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Even the Judaic Messiah is and was only human. In this aspect, Islam is closer to Judaism than Christianity is.
Whatever thoughts you choose to entertain, will be of the utmost importance to you.

The Jews (faithful to Judaism) don't believe that Jesus was or is the messiah, as a they believe a real messiah would have come to preach ONLY Judaism as being based on universal truth.

Burns Lake, Canada

#550802 Jul 22, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>HI June's protection: I don't come on here and be critical of a person that gave her life to live in poverty in India helping the poor. Do you agree we should not come on here and say how horrible a person is that helped the poor?
Mother Teresa (in her own words) admitted that SHE was a hypocrite.

She was trying to force herself to believe that her religion was based on universal truth and it wasn't working for her.

She placed more importance on building convents than she did on feeding starving humans. And the most obnoxious part of her system of belief was that she had the nuns out begging more money from others, while her bank-account was enormous with money meant for the poor ... that she (for the most part) keep FROM the poor.

Burns Lake, Canada

#550803 Jul 22, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> jesus never built a church, he told no one to build a church, man built the churches for profit reasons, Jesus' disciples were told to go amongst his fathers children and spread his fathers word, he would not build a pagan/christian church, how foolish a thought.
I agree that the terminology is very silly. It would be comparable to the pope instructing his followers to go build Jewish Temples.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#550804 Jul 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying because the NT scriptures had not been written until after Christ died and rose, the Bible shouldn't come first to Christians?
Do you think the Pope's words are more important than what's written in the Bible? It sounds like you do.
Im saying the Bible doesn't TEACH to go by the Bible alone. "All Scripture is profitable". We agree on that.
And whats this about me believing the Pope's words are more important than whats in the Bible?? I never said that. Look, you guys bestow allot more authority on the Pope than he actually has. No Pope has the authority to go against the word of God, both written and oral. No pope ever has in his teaching capacity. He would be rebuked.
And you won't face your dillema...... if it is only the Bible, then WHO'S interpretations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min oneear69 47,705
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min VIKING 971,535
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 18 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,001
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 19 min oneear69 38,711
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 32 min Kuku 31
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min WildWeirdWillie 182,613
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Judgment Day Watc... 618,607
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web