Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683819 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550673 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would go to the REAL Bible NOT the one that protestants put together to fit their own agenda you would read that Jesus instructed Peter to build His Church. See below.
Why would you believe a Bible published by protestants that has deleted 7 books, and adds words such as by faith "alone" ?
Sorry LTM, it's you that is bible illiterate.
"Christ used that terminology when He appointed the Apostle Peter the first head bishop of His Church, saying: "Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona ... Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church." (Matt. 16:17-19). "There shall be one fold and one shepherd."
GO GET YOUR BIBLE STARC, READ THE VERSE'S I GAVE YOU. YOU WILL SEE WHAT I POSTED IS IN THE CATHOLIC BIBLE. I HAVE MY HUSBANDS GRANDMOTHER'S BIBLE SHE READ EVERY NIGHT, AT 9PM. TILL SHE FALL ASLEEP.
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE CHURCH, THAT COMES FROM EVERY TRIBE , TONGUE AND NATION.
IT'S A SPIRITUAL CHURCH, AND IT IS STILL BEING BUILT ONE SOUL AT A TIME.
IT'S NOT PROTESTANT, OR CATHOLIC.
BUT THAT'S YOUR BELIEF , YOUR WELCOME TO IT.
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS ANTI-CHRIST, IT HAS PUT A HUMAN BEING IN THE VERY PLACE OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, HE CAN'T KEEP HIM IN A WAFER OR A BOX.
THE HOLY TRINITY, IS GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.
THERE IS NO HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD. ANY WHERE IN THE BIBLE.
SORRY STARC. you are very wrong, you have been lied to.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550674 Jul 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I just showed that star and the catholic church have been caught in a snare with their lies.
and if I was a gamblin man, I would bet that star will now tell us that she has to leave and never make good on her lying post to us.
I can say that, because she is well known to come on here and tell us lies and then take off like the liar that she is known to be.
You have a good point. How could Peter be in two places?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550675 Jul 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
If the dates of the reign of Herod goes over your hear, star, he was only reigning for 3 years, during which time he put Peter into Prison, so Peter couldnt have been in rome and in prison at the same time.
and around 6 years after the reign of Heron, Peter was still in Jerusalem, and several years after that, he comes and visits Paul at Antioch.liars figure and figures lie.
so your catholic figures are nothing but lies,
go figger. never put something down that can easily be proven to be false.
I just got on my home computer, where avatars are viewable. Is that really you, thee Preston fishing? You are not going to catch any fish sitting on a park bench. lol. I would come to Ohio just to take you for a walk. You resemble Johnny Knoxville's character in "Bad Grandpa"

Anyway, Peter was a popular guy back then. There was no secret on his whereabouts. That's why Christians wrote about him being martyred in Rome after setting up the Church.

St. Irenaeus "against heresies" , 3,1,1, 180 AD
"In their own dialect, while Peter and Paul were evangelizing in Rome, and laying the foundation of the Church"
"the very ancient and universally known Church, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles Peter and Paul; as also (by pointing out) the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops.

www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/petrom.htm
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550676 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. huh? We never said Peter immediately went to Rome in 33 AD and set up the Vatican. The Bible doesn't even record him in Rome. That's not a problem for us.
Im not sure why a pastor would teach that everything about Jesus Christ and the adventures of Peter needs to be detailed in Scripture. Bottom line: Peter was in Jerusalem, Antioch and Rome. He died in Rome and one of his disciples took his place. Simple as that.
That's the problem. You are telling people your version of the truth but it is not in scripture. The scriptures go into great detail about Paul going to the gentiles, not Peter.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550677 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a good point. How could Peter be in two places?
www.thecatholictreasurechest.com/petrom.htm

"Some Non-Catholics will say anything in order to try and "prove" that Saint Peter, the first 'Bishop of Rome' was never in Rome. By doing this they hope to discredit Peter as having the primacy, and thus by so doing they attempt to deny that he was the first Pope, and therfore the Catholic claim of Apostolic succession would fall apart. By denying Apostolic succession they would then try to show that the Catholic Church is not the Church which Jesus Christ founded. Interestingly, if they ever reached that point (which they never could), then it would be impossible for them to fill the void of which church Jesus Christ did found if it were not the Catholic Church. So, they have presented a circular argument for themselves, and argument which has no beginning and no end.
It is a futile attempt on their part, as they completely ignore and overwhelming deposit of genuine historical documents, and expect knowledgeable people to do the same"

also: www.catholictreasurechest.com/history.htm

and especially www.catholictreasurechest.com/true.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#550678 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's tough to discuss things with your kind. You're itching to pounce on certain words. Do I think a Priest is equal to Christ? Lol. Come on man.
Do I believe Christ is obedient to the Priest? Lol.
I think you and LTM know what we teach on that. Don't take what we say out of context. That is called "deception" and deception comes from the devil.
Wasn't that passage quoting Catholic teaching..I did admit I had never been taught that take on priests...was it or was it not???

Did they post it was Thomas,Aquinas..or some other early father..or Catholic saint .

It's,a shocking statement
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550679 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem. You are telling people your version of the truth but it is not in scripture. The scriptures go into great detail about Paul going to the gentiles, not Peter.
One thing we could agree on is that the Bible didn't fall from the sky.
Having said that, we certainly can learn from Scripture many historical truths. And we can learn from science and archeology a basic timeline. We know the first books of the Bible weren't written until 20-30 yrs after the Resurrection. The last Book was probably around or before 70 AD.,( since the destruction of Jerusalem isn't documented). We also know that it took a group of people to sit down and declare James, Hebrews and Timothy Biblical......and Barnabas, the gospel of Thomas and Mary Magdaline, and the Didache as 'not Biblical'. See, the Bible did not come with a list of Books to put in it and Jesus nor His apostles gave us a list. We can also learn from the Bible that Jesus Christ started a Church, not a Bible. We can see the infacy of the hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons. We can see the authority of this Church. We can read how this Church (not the Bible) is the "pillar and foundation of truth" (1tim 3:15)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#550680 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And whats your point? We still can't call Him a victim? Christ installed the Mass in order for us to be timelessly present with Him at Calvary. We partake in the supper of the Lamb there.
In 2014 AD, Rose reads her KJV and it says "it is finished" . So she undoes the Mass, Sacramental Priesthood and Eucharist. Now its her, Jesus and the Bible.
JESUS SAID it is finished as He died on the Cross...

Or you don't believe that ..???

Calling Him an Eternal victim not only negates Gods will and plan ..saying He obeys a,priest to be a victim is like RE killing Him., again and again..he said in remembrance not t o recrucify as a victim every day ..

IT IS FINISHED..HE WAS A SACRIFICE, willingly given..once and for all time ..taking the place of any previous sacrifice and each one of us,...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550681 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter ordained this guy Bishop of Antioch before he went to Rome to be martyred.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

It really comes down to what you want to believe. We can all open up our Bibles and see whatever we want. You claim "if Peter being in Rome isn't documented in Scripture, then it aint true". Well, that's an interesting way to read Scripture, since Christ never mentions anything about reading it like that. In fact, you'd have to fast forward to the year 1600 AD before you would find people who claim everything about Christianity is in the Bible.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550682 Jul 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So you still a thief, a repetitive one, but a thief none the less.
Oh. From the FBI's website:
"Intellectual Property Theft
It’s an age-old crime: stealing.
But it’s not about picking a pocket or holding up a bank. It’s robbing people of their ideas, inventions, and creative expressions — what’s called intellectual property — everything from trade secrets and proprietary products and parts to movies and music and software."
In virtually all cases of intellectual property theft, the owner "still has its info". Usually the thief merely makes one or more illegal copies.
Now, intellectual property theft and plagiarism overlap but are not identical. In the case of plagiarism, it can involve material that is not protected under intellectual property laws. It is a matter of taking someone else's work, protected or not, and using it without credit. Intellectual property theft is less about credit than it is about property rights.
But in both cases, it is a form of theft, in which the actual author typically retains his original material.
Thief.
theft: 1.(Law) criminal law the dishonest taking of property belonging to another person with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..

Not guilty....
Chess

Columbus, OH

#550683 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
theft: 1.(Law) criminal law the dishonest taking of property belonging to another person with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..
Not guilty....
Cite your sources, thief:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/theft

Oh. And further down on the same page:

"Theft
See also crime....

plagiarism
1. the verbatim copying or imitation of the language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing them as one’s own original work.
2. the material so appropriated. Also plagiary.— plagiarist, n.— plagiaristic, adj."

Oops.

And as already noted, from Merriam-Webster:

PLAGIARIZE

transitive verb

: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source

intransitive verb

: to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...

Thief.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550684 Jul 20, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you shouting?
chillax!
Pusherman, I HAVE A HARD TIME SEEING THE SMALLER PRINT.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550685 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter ordained this guy Bishop of Antioch before he went to Rome to be martyred.
It really comes down to what you want to believe. We can all open up our Bibles and see whatever we want. You claim "if Peter being in Rome isn't documented in Scripture, then it aint true". Well, that's an interesting way to read Scripture, since Christ never mentions anything about reading it like that. In fact, you'd have to fast forward to the year 1600 AD before you would find people who claim everything about Christianity is in the Bible.
there is NO Biblical Scripture to back up this foolishness.

Paul was already at Antioch, before Peter, couldn't he have done it?

Of course He could have and His appointment would have been more certain since paul was the Apostle to the gentiles, NOT PETER.LOL.

Paul only had that Authority, NOT PETER.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550686 Jul 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your sources, thief:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/theft
Oh. And further down on the same page:
"Theft
See also crime....

1. the verbatim copying or imitation of the language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing them as one’s own original work.
2. the material so appropriated. Also plagiary.— plagiarist, n.— plagiaristic, adj."
Oops.
And as already noted, from Merriam-Webster:
PLAGIARIZE
transitive verb
: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb
: to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
Thief.
In the US prosecutors can choose to pursue criminal charges on any copyright infringement that is both commercial in nature and involves goods with more than $1,000 in retail value.

Not guilty....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550687 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the Word of God is Eternal, we trust are Bibles are True.

That Truth has proven efficient to myself and walk with Jesus. Your saying that is not enough for you, and you go to man for it, I would never do that, we are to love God first..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550689 Jul 20, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the Word of God is Eternal, we trust are Bibles are True.
That Truth has proven efficient to myself and walk with Jesus. Your saying that is not enough for you, and you go to man for it, I would never do that, we are to love God first..
Is English your FIRST language?

you sure do butcher it and that makes it difficult for you to be understood. lol

My 2 y/o can put words together better that YOU can.

Black heart? YEP!!!!!!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#550690 Jul 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US prosecutors can choose to pursue criminal charges on any copyright infringement that is both commercial in nature and involves goods with more than $1,000 in retail value.
Not guilty....
We've already been over this.

From the University of Connecticut Libraries:

"It is possible to plagiarize without violating copyright, and it is possible to infringe on another's copyright without plagiarizing. It is also possible to both plagiarize and violate copyright at the same time."

http://www.lib.uconn.edu/copyright/plagiarism...

From Webster:

PLAGIARIZE

transitive verb

Thief.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#550691 Jul 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is NO Biblical Scripture to back up this foolishness.
Paul was already at Antioch, before Peter, couldn't he have done it?
Of course He could have and His appointment would have been more certain since paul was the Apostle to the gentiles, NOT PETER.LOL.
Paul only had that Authority, NOT PETER.
How do you know Paul was in Antioch before Peter? I'll let the current Antiochian orthodox church explain their history to you:

www.antiochian.org/patofant
Michael

Canada

#550692 Jul 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not open links posted on this site.
From the title , ha ha ha. If they are women priests they are protestants!
.....If Anthony, ReginaM., Liam sent you a
Ink you wouldn't open it....right?

....The point is many catholics today want change. Did you know star that just a few years ago 160 catholic priests in Milwaukee wrote a letter to their bishop wanting optional celibacy, and other priests across america are wanting change? Did you know that?

.....Most of these women ordaing themselves are former nuns or devout women in he church.

.....What this shows that there are growing discensions among many of the most devout catholics in the church.

....25 years ago this was unheard of

Ha, ha, ha to you too.
Michael

Canada

#550693 Jul 21, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Same can be said for atheists.
You'll know when it's over.
....what happens to you happens to me happens to June happens to everyone.

....I'll see you on the other side. Your not afraid are you??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min swampmudd 16,490
Why McGregor -Mayweather 'fight' is a stupid scam 47 min Doctor REALITY 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 6 hr andet1987 23
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 7 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 11 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 11 hr Doctor REALITY 8
More from around the web