Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654461 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550598 Jul 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE SCRIPTURE' ABOVE WHERE JESUS CONNECTED THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES WITH CATHOLICISM.....
AND NO ONE CAN PRODUCE A SCRIPTURE WHERE JESUS DID
Says who? We're not obligated to show you anything from our Scriptures. The Bible was produced by the very Papacy that you attempt to debunk..
If Catholicism doesn't meet your criteria, oh well.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#550599 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Teresa said she lost her faith.
Every time I saw pictures of Mother Teresa she was getting on or off airplanes having her picture taken with President Ragan, President Carter, Lady Diana, Queen Elizabeth, Pope John Paul etc. Ya she worked with the poor but the albanian nuns in her group were the ones who should have gotten the accolades. They were always in the trenches and sometimes Mother Teresa was too but often Mother Teresa was flying around the world meeting dignitaries.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/letters-reveal-mo...
http://www.beliefnet.com/News/2007/09/New-Boo...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/24/us-...
I believe she didn't LIKE who she had become before she died. NOT ONE BIT!!!

She had deluded her self into a corner and had no peace within.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

Rev. Fr. Miranda will tell you what I said.—I spoke as if my very heart was in love with God—tender personal love.—If you were in place of Fr. Miranda—you have said—what hypocrisy. Most of the nuns thanked me for speaking.—I really did it because you wrote to do so.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550600 Jul 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's called literary theft, and you are a thief.
'Tard.
No..its called a search engine...the site still has its info...

Prince George, Canada

#550601 Jul 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING!!!.......The Popes statement was "no doubt" twisted, perverted and taken out of context --just like (every) news story that comes from the anti-Cstholic liberal "hack" media writers......Nothing new with the distorted "hype" news writers who will " say ANYTHING (true or false) in order to cause controversy...
Do you believe the popes' stories were twisted when in the name of GOD, they ordained their followers century after century to kill the Jews???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550602 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No..its called a search engine...the site still has its info...
No. It's theft, thief.

A search merely verifies that.

Location hidden

#550603 Jul 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is impossible for any person to say that a man, who lived 2000 years ago and worked with paul for many years, was unsaved during those work years.
I AM NOT TRYING TO SAVE FACE,
just showing that you are ignorant is sufficient for me.
so Yes, I know that Demas was lost after he left the Gospel trail, Paul in no uncertain words is clear about that.
for james also says that the love of the world is enmity against God.
But before Demas became weak and lost his Salvation, he was a good slave to the gospel.
AND NO SCRIPTURE WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE CONTRADICTS THAT.
and your opinion doesn't count with God, nor with that of paul
You are trying to deny the truth in your own words!!!!
You stepped into it again!!!! Now you are trying to save face...
You say: we know that he was lost,[AFTER] he left, but we don't know that [BEFORE] he left.
I based the truth of his lack of Salvation on the fact that he left Paul...I never argued that was known before he left!!!!
People who are saved are saved...period..

OSAS
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Show Scripture that teaches the opposite and you have a fallible Bible....

Teach against the Word of God and you are as false as a three dollar bill..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#550604 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....What you are saying is the miracle making son of God Jesus was a made up story, or there was a man named Jesus and the gospel writers created their own story to make this man Jesus bigger than liife to forward their own agenda.
I believe there was a 1st century Jew named Jesus. The deification aspects are nothing but pagan stories made up and spread by pagan Romans and Greeks.
OMEO what we now call Christianity is simply a fully pagan religion attempting to legitimize itself as a continuation of Judaic Monotheism. It is neither.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#550605 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I don't desire anything bad to happen with the church, but whatever happens the church leaders will be responsible themselves. Each generation becomes less religiously observant than the generation before. A change of attitude of catholics have occurred in the past 25 years, the next few years change will come even quicker.
....Today catholics are questioning their church authority and its teachings more than anytime in the past.........and church leaders do not like it one bit.
.....Church followers do much for their church but they tend to give credit to the church which is just an organization.
Michael

You may think the RCC will change quickly. That I don't know, but as with most large structures, it take time for changes. And people's live's are shortlived compared to the RCC. The type of transparency you perhaps desire, may exist in a short time, but memories are short as well.

There are more questions, only because there are more people. And some simply do not find they can fit into the mold.

Prince George, Canada

#550606 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Witnesses!(lol)
Star C says......It's the witnesses that wrote down everything that Jesus did while he walked this earth.
Michael says. The scriptures claim Jesus was alone in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights by himself being tempted by SATAN, OOOH!. Matthew wrote about it but if Jesus was alone and there were no witnesses Star, no witnesses STAR!!!.......just another made up story.
Matthew 4:1-11
Neither were there witnesses to the god supposedly creating Adam and Eve out of dust ... As humans couldn’t have existed to see or write anything if Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth.

Bunkology

Location hidden

#550607 Jul 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
They you're projecting, dummy.
They you're????? Really????

Prince George, Canada

#550608 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol) if everytime the pope speaks his words are taken out of context why doesn't the pope keep his trap shut?
Next time the pope speaks we will get you to post the actual words what he says. Then you can contact the media around the world so they get the story right.(lol)(lol)
Your living on Fantasy Island.
hojo prefers Catholic lies over his Protestant lies.

And he is certain his second choice is the right one.

The Protestants disagree, as they figure that whatever Jesus believed it was and is aligned to their personalized Protestant “universal truth.”

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550609 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They you're????? Really????
Well, you got me on a correct typo,'tard.

Is that all you got?

Really?

'Tard.

Prince George, Canada

#550610 Jul 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony posted it ..I doubt he's anti Catholic...look yesterday ...
But why is,it the,Pope says something , then Catholics come out and say no he didn't say that .
He is an intelligent man .
You believe the pope is an intelligent man ... yet you are a Protestant who disagrees with the doctrines of the Catholic religion.

What story are you going to come up with NEXT???
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550611 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but He did say "build My Church" and that's what his Apostles did.
in John 21:15-17. Jesus said,“Feed my sheep,”

Matthew 16:18?"

“the rock” on which Christ will build His church

Those who have placed their faith in Christ, as Peter did, are the church. Peter expresses this in 1 Peter 2:4

Even if Peter is the rock in Matthew 16:18, this is meaningless in giving the Roman Catholic Church any authority. Scripture nowhere records Peter being in Rome. Scripture nowhere describes Peter as being supreme over the other apostles. The New Testament does not describe Peter as being the “all authoritative leader” of the early Christian church. Peter was not the first pope, and Peter did not start the Roman Catholic Church. The origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Peter or any other apostle. If Peter truly was the founder of the Roman Catholic Church, it would be in full agreement with what Peter taught (Acts chapter 2, 1 Peter, 2 Peter).

YOU ARE MISTAKEN STARC. YOU DON'T READ THE BIBLE , OR LIMIT YOURSELF TO THE PART THAT YOU FEEL SPEAKS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

THE BIBLE DOES SPEAK OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH , NOT IN A FAVORIBLE WAY I MIGHT ADD.

Location hidden

#550612 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Surprise...You are not Jesus... and you ARE BLASPHEMOUSLY assuming yourself to represent Him..
Joh 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because
he knew all men,
Joh 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man:
for he knew what was in man.
~~~
Jesus knows what is in the heart of the man you are calling a snake..
YOU ARE ONLY GUESSING INSULTING.CURSING HIM AND ..AND VENTING YOU OWN DEMONIC FRUSTRATION .....ON HIM
YOU HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT IS IN HIS HEART....
BUT YOU ARE MAKING AN OPEN SHOW (Before us all) OF WHAT IS IN YOURS...
Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:
for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Now you have resorted to lying...show me where I, in this post or any other, where I presented my self as Christ.

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
Christians follow the teachings of Christ..He first read Scripture then He preached..
You said: Calling some one a snake DOES NOT GLORIFY GOD...
Mah response:
Such divine wisdom!!!!! Quote: Calling some one a snake DOES NOT GLORIFY GOD...
Tell it to Christ...He said:
Mt 3:7 ¶ But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Mt 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Mt 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
viper: A person regarded as malicious or treacherous.
Lu 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
I asked you keep me informed as to His response....what did He said?????
Jude 1:1 ¶ Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
3 ¶ Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.{first estate: or, principality}

Prince George, Canada

#550613 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the story. Top right hand column of this forum. Pope Francis SAYS 2%. It was all over the world news last week. No one twisted anything.
From the book-Cults—by Lowell D. Streiker. Published 1983.

To the self-appointed messiah, the world outside of the group is evil—hostile, materialistic, unspiritual, depraved—in sum, godless. The founder perceives and represents the outside world to his disciple as the enemy waiting to be conquered by God, the domain of Satan eager to destroy the works of God. The leader sends forth his people as God’s shock troops, his beach head, his invasion force.

The cult leader proclaims that “these are the last days. It is time to stand up and be counted. God is separating his sheep from Satan’s goats. He who hesitates is lost. He who questions our great mission is a traitor.”

Location hidden

#550614 Jul 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's theft, thief.
A search merely verifies that.
No..its called a search engine...the site still has its info..

Prince George, Canada

#550615 Jul 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I think he's a good man, but I cannot believe he mispeaks THAT OFTEN that you folks,think he is,ALWAYS misquoted .
Makes no sense..
I think the pope is a TRAPPED man.

No pope in history ever resigned until pope Benedict, and I suggest that he knew there was so much infighting among his own Catholic hierarchy that he recognized it was time to get out before they committed mutiny in the vatican.

This pope will be lucky if his "faithful" body-guards can protect him from his own supposed "faithful" Catholics.

When lies are first taught as truth, and the lies are exposed ... all is not well ... and neither should it be well.

They have been feeding people lies for far too long and getting away with the skullduggery.

And all religion is of the same nature.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550616 Jul 20, 2014
PETER WAS NOT OF THE LINAGE OF DAVID...SO HOW COULD THE CHURCH BE BUILT UPON HIS THRONE
COMPARE ISA 9;6-7 IN DIFFERENT TRANSLATIONS
The head of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ. Peter was made prime minister and given the keys.

Exekiel 34:22-24 "I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep. And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them and be their shepherd. And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; and I the Lord have spoken"

John 21:17 "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" and he said to Him: Yes Lord, you know that I love you". Jesus said to him: "feed my sheep.

Isaiah 22: 20 "In that day I will call my servant Eli'akim the son of Hillk'ah, and I will cloth him with your robe, and will bind your belt on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. And I will place on his shoulders the key to the house of David; and he shall open and none shall shut; he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house"

Mathew 16:18 "you are Peter and upon this rock i will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven".

Prince George, Canada

#550617 Jul 20, 2014
No "recent" pope has resigned. It's happened before in history but I suggest not for the same reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Happy Lesbo 64,743
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Internet Reality 45,303
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Gabriel 973,959
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min who 281,956
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 36 min Leo 179
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 51 min ImFree2Choose 2,602
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 1 hr Wellthereyahaveit 291
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,612
More from around the web