Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591281 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549993 Jul 18, 2014
Religion started because of FEAR. Fear that human suffering was a result of the gods being angry.

Why those humans never wondered why other animals were also suffering makes it plain that those early humans were also very arrogant in the attitudes that they were indeed superior to non-human animals.

Now we have Protestants and Catholic on this forum telling each other that the gods ... Jesus and his supposed father ... have cut off all association with the OTHER group of believers.

And they believe they are preaching universal truth at each other.

In comparison ... non-human animals are wise. They show fear when they perceive that their physical lives are being threatened.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#549994 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine a Protestant using Catholic authorized scriptures to in turn vilify the Catholics.
The Catholics also used the literature of the Jews to morph and twist the words to turn the literature against the Jews.
Word manipulation is the basis of all religion.
~~~~`

~~~~~~

YOU WROTE

IT CERTAINLY IS THE BASIS OF YOUR RELIGION...

Atheism
A'THEISM, n. The disbelief of the existence of a God, or Supreme intelligent Being.

Atheism is a RELIGIOUS ferocious system that leaves nothing above us to excite awe, nor around us, to awaken tenderness.

Prince George, Canada

#549995 Jul 18, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>~~~~`
~~~~~~
YOU WROTE
Atheism
If I'm in a religion then I will be flown off to a utopia, so why are you complaining?

Are you jealous???

In my utopia there will be no fights over who the gods love and who they reject, because the belief will not be of value to any individual.

There will be no homosexuals put to death as being perverts.

There will be no death penalty ... period, as all will be well and united in one cause ... to LOVE each other.

Do you like my "religion?"

Prince George, Canada

#549996 Jul 18, 2014
It's impossible for humans to unite. We are animals that belong in right-fighting groups.

Observe the animal world and it is rare that animals in the wild mix with those that are not of their own kind.

They are territorial and they must manipulate other animals in order to survive.

That is why religion cannot unite believers. They guard their own religious territory with a vengeance against intruders, referring to the outsiders as EVIL invaders.

Observe the Catholics and the Protestants on this forum and you will SEE that uniting is not even close to being an option.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#549997 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>~~~~`
~~~~~~
YOU WROTE
Atheism
A'THEISM, n. The disbelief of the existence of a God, or Supreme intelligent Being.
Atheism is a RELIGIOUS ferocious system that leaves nothing above us to excite awe, nor around us, to awaken tenderness.
~~~

AN ATHEIST .....SETS HIMSELF AS the only SUPREME INTELLIGENT BEING.

ONE CAN ALWAYS RECOGNIZE A SELF MADE MAN/ ATHEIST BY THE SIZE OF HIS .HER MOUTH...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#549998 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course religion is based on enculturation.
Each group has their own savior-myths with their saviors having different names, but coming with the same supposed "intention." Krishna saves only Hindus ... the Islamic Mahdi saves only Muslims ... Jesus saves only Christians ... and even then ... not ALL Christians, but rather just the Christians belonging to our own group of believers.
And the monotheistic Jews have the best of all worldly religious stories ... they don't need the son of a god, because the one-god in the sky loves ONLY Jews ... and again ... only their specific group of Jews ... not those other Jews over THERE.
Religion is a greed-invested human set-up.
I'd rewrite that more simply as:

"religion is encultured"

Otherwise, absolutely.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549999 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
AN ATHEIST .....SETS HIMSELF AS the only SUPREME INTELLIGENT BEING.
ONE CAN ALWAYS RECOGNIZE A SELF MADE MAN/ ATHEIST BY THE SIZE OF HIS .HER MOUTH...
....Rediculous statement!!

...Deeply so called religious people like yourself are in secure with your own being, and lack personal decision making capabilities, having to depend on unknowns to guide you through life, and make decisions for you that you should be making yourself.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550000 Jul 18, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!.......The "only disconnect" comes from anti-Catholic liberal media " hack pollsters and writers" who are "so desperate" that they will "cherry pick and pre-select" ONLY those (lip service liberal Catholics who have rejected and fallen away for the faith to complete their "one-sided distorted polls..... This is the ONLY way that these " phony pollsters" can get the % numbers to "come out the way they want...... The fact that the Catholic Church is the ONLY Christian Church that continues to grow world-wide (EVERY YEAR by at least 1.5% only shows that Proetstant bible only's,atheists and agnostics are just as " desperate" as the media "hack writers" in their "failures" to undermine Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His Universal Catholic Church.....
(lol). The world population also grows 1.5% per year. However today MOST catholics do not practice their faith as OXBOW stated from the PEW research center where the Catholic church gets its own statistics.

Busted!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#550001 Jul 18, 2014
The only reason that cats and dogs sometimes get along is that they are fed by humans.

Some humans that are dreamers have the attitude that tamed cats and dogs love each other and "Oh my, if only humans could get along so well."

If they were not acculturated by humans those cats and dogs would be hungry, and their urge to eat each other would dominate their senses.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#550002 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, the emotionality of believing in a creator that created my spirit and souls and LOVES me ... yet allows suffering in order to cure me of my ills ... stems from theological indoctrination.
I no longer relate in any sense whatsoever to the theological "non-sense" humans suffer because of something bad we caused to offend a creator after being supposedly created.
I believe that I suffer as do all form of animal life, and that nature has no plan. Animals go extinct and other ones survive to reproduce more animals to in turn suffer and die. It's as simple as that.
However, I don't claim to know if my perception is based on truth ... or if it's simply my own perception.
As long as I treat my neighbors in what I perceive is an honest and forthright manner, I have no problem with my conscience bothering me.
Dam! Don't I look stupid!

Prince George, Canada

#550003 Jul 18, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rewrite that more simply as:
"religion is encultured"
Otherwise, absolutely.
My grammar is sadly lacking, but if you know what I mean to express, that is all that concerns me.

Prince George, Canada

#550004 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol). The world population also grows 1.5% per year. However today MOST catholics do not practice their faith as OXBOW stated from the PEW research center where the Catholic church gets its own statistics.
Busted!!!!
I'm relieved that those in religion can no longer follow the dogmas that were set up for them as universal truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.

- "Bible Teaching and Religious Practice," Europe and Elsewhere

Mark Twain

Prince George, Canada

#550005 Jul 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Dam! Don't I look stupid!
By what we don't know, which I believe is most everything, I suggest we are all stupid.

That is the point I'm trying to make.

From my perspective, we are simply mortal animals, with no more worth than a fly or an elephant.

And I suggest neither "should" we believe that our worth is worth more than other animals.

Survival of the fittest is nature's unintentional rule.

We are aggressive and stupid because it's innate in our natures.

Prince George, Canada

#550006 Jul 18, 2014
Just because I am selfish, I don't have to believe that I am BAD or EVIL.

I learned at a very early age that other humans wanted to win arguments and that if I allowed them to win all the arguments, I would feel of no worth to myself.

So I became comparable to a dancing chameleon.

When I am among those of religion in my personal life, I let them think as they do and believe as they do, as long as they don't preach at me. If they so much as touch on the issue of religion, I make it plain that it's going to be a discussion, not a one-sided sermon.

I don't like to be referred to as EVIL because I don't entertain myths as being of any value whatsoever to me.

Selfishness often comes in handy.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#550007 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....If you enjoy what you learn or read about religion that is all that matters. It doesn't really matter to you what others believe, but we have this inherent curiosity of what others believe and wonder why, and we know there are many beliefs and those with no belief, and can't understand why everyone doesn't see the world the way we do.
Indeed, you are correct. I think honest dialogue is healthy. Learning why people believe the way they do, and most importantly, learning why one's own self believes the way one does.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#550008 Jul 18, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> like everyone here i really don't know exactly what happened, but given a choice i'd go with the "big bang" over a ghost who just appears out of nowhere.
I don't know what religion says that God is a ghost who suddenly appeared. That's not Christianity. Christianity believes that God always existed. And who is to say that the big *Bang* did not happen because God spoke it into existance?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#550009 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By what we don't know, which I believe is most everything, I suggest we are all stupid.
That is the point I'm trying to make.
From my perspective, we are simply mortal animals, with no more worth than a fly or an elephant.
And I suggest neither "should" we believe that our worth is worth more than other animals.
Survival of the fittest is nature's unintentional rule.
We are aggressive and stupid because it's innate in our natures.
No, I meant by thinking you had that one good post!
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#550010 Jul 18, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> no, I would ask him to cure me of this horrible disease that he gave me.
I'm sorry you are suffering with cancer. Just the other day, a friend of a friend passed away from cancer he had been fighting for years. About 7 years ago, he beat it into remission and then at the age of 57, he went to seminary to become a priest. Even though the cancer came back, he continued his studies and earned a B.A. in religious studies from Cardinal Stritch University. He died without being angry at God about it. He really is an inspiring example of determination, courage, and faith. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Prince George, Canada

#550011 Jul 18, 2014
From the book,“The Art of Selfishness,”… by David Seabury.

Don’t assume that the established ways of thinking about human conduct are true and perfect just because they are established. They are quite as likely to be as insane as the customs you repudiate.”

Prince George, Canada

#550012 Jul 18, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
That statement also stems from those in religion.

I suggest that suffering happen to ALL people!

That statement comes from people who are certain they are good and others are bad.

How obnoxious!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 min WasteWater 2,487
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 841,349
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 6 min RFD 42
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min RiccardoFire 4,750
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Chrome nuts 100,184
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 14 min WasteWater 5,934
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min WasteWater 271,452
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min waaasssuuup 612,271
More from around the web