Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681748 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549879 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers "know" they alone are in the "one, true religion" that really just gets it.
Hidingfromyou

If this were true, then one would not be able to go from one set of beliefs to another, and "believe" them.

In the case on this thread, most have moved from let us say, Catholic to Protestant. But also larger moves from Christian to Islam, or Buddhism.

With your construct these are like linear points, but rather it may be the awakening to knowledge, again a priori and a posteriori, which brings religious knowledge to fruition in wisdom.(It is not necessarily so.)

Is it a rather reductionist point you take with a human being, being merely the sum of its parts?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549880 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are very concerned about justice. Where does that come from?
Justice to Christians means that Muslims will get their punishment in Christian hell.

Justice to Muslims mean that Christians will get their punishment in Islam's hell.

You tell ME ... what IS justice???

I simply don't even know if justice is a credible word. I think it also stemmed from the pens of men in religions.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549881 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The monotheistic Jews did not believe in sons of gods. The sons of gods were from the polytheist religions.
The Jews that created the one monotheistic god wrote in their literature that they were the gods chosen few. They didn't need or want any more sons of gods in their religion.
It was the Catholics that created another savior-son of a god myth to start their new religion.
Without a savior-myth, they would have no religion.
"The Talmud extensively discusses the coming of the Messiah..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_messianis...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549882 Jul 17, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I am saying that a person or culture that is not based in reason and faith will be shortlived,
People have been torturing and killing each other over who the gods love and who they will reject to hells probably since religion began.

How short-lived is SHORT Robert???

Is this your newest version of universal truth???

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549883 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
We are surrounded by all kinds of spiritual beings.
Are they evil or holy ... like you???

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549884 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But since you believe that you are destined to heaven and others deserve hell ... what does your bible teach you about such VANITY???
I suggest you presume too much.
Be careful of those panic attacks. You might not be able to fool your conscience into digesting the slop that you are determined to force-feed it.
Jooney, I have already told you that I do not believe that I am "destined to heaven and others deserve hell." I do not presume anything. Neither that it is certain I will be in heaven, nor that others *deserve* hell. It's good to know you have another past-time (painting) other than trying to tell other people what they believe. I almost involuntarily clapped when I read that. Spending more time painting would no doubt be a lot better for you.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549885 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Elaine..your posts are always uplifting.
I wasn't watching either..I avoid news half the time. Someone called me...sounds like these folks just wanted to hit a military target and got civilians , all in the name of The Ukraine for Russia..
I know prophecy will be fulfilled..whenever.
Thanks for the words about our babies..I'm.a bit down as I just left mist of mine..only get t o see them so often..they are learning about Jesus.
There is some game on the xbox...they aren't allowed any with humans, just legos, no blood as grandson assures,me ..something came up about the name of a game..I said you know,there is no such thing ..he says Grammy I know,AND ITS NOT BIBLICAL ..that kid is so smart .
"RoSesz , I ASSURE YOU , GOD DOES NOT LEAVE HIS CHILDREN ALONE. I WAS IN AND OUT OF ORPHANAGES AND FOSTER HOMES MOST OF MY LIFE.
SINCE I WAS 3, I KNEW IN MY HEART THERE WAS A GOD, GOD PUT THAT KNOWLEDGE OF HIMSELF THERE.
THE BIBLE SAYS GOD, GIVES US ALL A MEASURE OF FAITH , WHAT WE DO WITH THAT FAITH IS UP TO US. FAITH IS LIKE A MUSCLE THE MORE WE EXCERCISE IT THE STRONGER IT GETS.
I PRAYED AND SANG SONGS OF PRAISE TO MY GRANDKIDS, TALKED ALL MY CHILDREN ABOUT THE LORD PRAYED WITH THEM CHURCH THE WHOLE BIT.
THEY STILL WALKED THEIR OWN PATH, THE DEVIL HAS HAD A FIELD DAY.
LET ME TELL YOU., IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY.
I GAVE THEM OVER TO THE LORD, PRAYED FOR THEM, OVER THEM ETC, NOW I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET GO AND LET GOD DO WHAT HE DOES.
"NOT BY MIGHT , NOT BY POWER, BUT BY MY SPIRIT SAYTH THE LORD".
GODS SPIRIT IS LOVING, AND GENTLE, HE PURSUES US , HE IS PATIENT.
BEFORE MY HUSBAND GOT SAVED, WOW I WAS SO TERRIBLE I DID EVERYTHING WRONG TO GET HIM SAVE, INSTEAD I DROVE HIM AWAY.
I PRAYED ONE NIGHT AND ASK GOD WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO,
"I HEARD GOD IN MY SPIRIT SAY ; LOVE HIM FOR WHO HE IS, JUST LOVE HIM IS ALL GOD WANTED ME TO DO.
WE CAN'T CHANGE PEOPLE, ONLY GOD CAN.
THERE IS A SONG I LOVE TO SING.
" PUT ON THE GARMENT OF PRAISE; FOR THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS."
PUNCH IT IN ON YOUTUBE SIT DOWN AND LISTEN TO IT.
IT WILL LIFT YOU UP FOR SURE . I PROMISE.
YOU HAVE TO SIT UNDER THE ANOINTING FOR AWHILE "ROSESZ"
LET GOD FILL YOU , AND SMELL HIS AROMA ITS AMAZING .

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#549886 Jul 17, 2014
the mary roman mary's believe the strangest of things and their leader & dignitaries wear funny clown clothes with silly fish-mouth hats - very pagan! tell me where all that nonsense is found anywhere in the Bible (not that they give a mary roman mary rat's ass)!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549887 Jul 17, 2014
As all the laws were created by people in power ... many that claimed to be religious ... so how COULD the laws BE just???

"My God wants YOU put to death for committing adultery."

"OH YEAH ... WELL ... MY GOD wants YOU PUT to death for not going to my church on Sunday, which is the Sabbath."

"YOU ARE WRONG ... MY GOD rests on Saturday ... and HE says that you must be put to death for not resting on his day of rest."

Justice is aligned to the perception of the earth-bound law-makers.

So much for the word JUSTICE!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549888 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus would have to appear before me and tell me that the catholic religion is my true religion and then he would have to change into his father since both are one, but how much do they look alike?
Are you sure that's what it would take? Would you then request that Jesus snap His fingers and make lemon cupcakes fall from the sky like snow while dancing a jig and balancing 12 champagne glasses on His head?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549889 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jooney, I have already told you that I do not believe that I am "destined to heaven and others deserve hell."
Then you LOST faith that Jesus died for your sins so that you could go to heaven.

How tragic that Jesus now has no alternative but to reject you to hell. And according to Christians ... God will side with Jesus ... just as he did against the Jews.

I'm so sorry that you will have to spend eternity in hell with me.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549890 Jul 17, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"RoSesz , I ASSURE YOU , GOD DOES NOT LEAVE HIS CHILDREN ALONE.
I suggest that yon't tell that to the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism, as you will rubbing Christianized SALT in their wounds.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549891 Jul 17, 2014
you don't tell that to the Jews

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549892 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice to Christians means that Muslims will get their punishment in Christian hell.
Justice to Muslims mean that Christians will get their punishment in Islam's hell.
You tell ME ... what IS justice???
I simply don't even know if justice is a credible word. I think it also stemmed from the pens of men in religions.
~~~

AS FOR ME I DID NOT seek JUSTICE FROM GOD ....I sought MERCY...

. I found ABIDING LOVE...AND THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.... GOD'S

ONLY BEGOTTEN SON ......I FOUND FORGIVENESS AND AS A BORN AGAIN SON

I FOUND ACCEPTANCE INTO THE FAMILY OF GOD...

.OLD THING PASSED AWAY AND i BECAME A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS..

ALL CAME TO ME .... AND TO ALL.... THAT WILL RECEIVE/ACCEPT ....IT.....

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

WHEN .....

..the LORD hath laid on him/JESUS

the iniquity of us all.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549893 Jul 17, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
FOR THE UNREGENERATED THE UNSAVED
to be forgiven .to be born again
.this is what the Bible says DO..
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
TO THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN THAT SINS...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
TO KNOW WHAT IS SIN WE NEED TO BRING OUR DEEDS TO THE LIGHT OF THE GOSPEL..-->. TO SEE IF THEY ARE WROUGHT OF GOD.<--
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
(NOTE)
Joh 3:21 --> But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. <--
THIS ABOVE ....IS THE LITMUS TEST...
Exactly. That's why the Catholic Church has the Sacrament of Confession.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549894 Jul 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
the mary roman mary's believe the strangest of things and their leader & dignitaries wear funny clown clothes with silly fish-mouth hats - very pagan! tell me where all that nonsense is found anywhere in the Bible (not that they give a mary roman mary rat's ass)!
YOU DARE to belittle the MOTHER of your LORD and SAVIOR???

I just heard a LOUD clap of thunder. I wonder if the next lightning bolt will be meant for YOU.

Michael

Canada

#549895 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Drawings of supposed flying objects from thousands of years ago does mean that the people actually witnessed anything. It could have all been figmented in their imaginations.
After all ... even today pictures of devils exist that were painted by believers in myths.
No doubt they saw them in imagination ... because that is what they were taught was REAL.
The same might have occurred in the mindsets of the ancients who were taught that sky-gods were REAL. In turn they painted them in a craft of some sort so they could ride through the sky in "comfort" suited for "gods."
I paint water-colors from imagination.
It's easy to fool people ... including the self.
We are very fool-able.
....... peoples mindsets are no different today. How many people at night look up in the sky and say look how many stars are out tonight.....implying they don't exist during the day.

.....how many early in the morning say look! the sun is coming up, yet in reality we know the sun doesn't move.

....Every funeral visitation loved ones claim their loved one is in heaven looking down upon the people. Is that what dead people do all day long is look down at the people? That's not fun.

....its easy to fool ourselves, yet in reality we know otherwise.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#549896 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has 4 deities and your magic is called prayer.
One God...the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Show me a definition of a Christian prayer that shows the word "magic"...you can't because there is not any...
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549897 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they evil or holy ... like you???
June, GOD ALONE IS HOLY; THE BIBLE SAYS MAN'S HEART IS EVIL.

THE EVIL MAN HAS DONE TO EACH OTHER, WAS NOT GODS WILL.
GOD COMMANDS US TO LOVE ONE OTHER. TO DO GOOD TO EACH OTHER NOT EVIL.
GOD WILL NOT INTERFER, WITH WHAT MAN DOES TO EACH OTHER.
JUDGEMENT WILL COME TO ALL, WHO DOES EVIL.
MAN HAS DONE EVIL IN THE NAME OF GOD, USING GOD TO JUSTIFY WHAT THEY WERE DOING.
THAT IS THE SAME AS GOING TO SOMEONES HOUSE AND STEALING, AND SAYING SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME TO DO IT.
YOU ARE BLAMING GOD FOR WHAT OTHERS HAVE DONE.
WHEN GOD'S WRATH COMES DOWN, IT WILL BE JUSTIFIED.
HOW LONG DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO REMAIN SILENT AND HOLD BACK WHILE HIS CHILDREN ARE BEING PERSECUTED.
JUDGEMENT DAY ISN'T HERE YET, THERE IS STILL TIME FOR YOU TO TURN JUNE AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, DON'T LET YOU FOOLISH PRIDE STOP YOU .
PEOPLE WILL LAUGH YOU OUT OF HEAVEN BUT NOT OUT OF HELL.
HEAVEN IS WERE THE LORD IS.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549898 Jul 17, 2014
According to Christians ... the one monotheistic God in the sky ... TURNED on the Jews with a vengeance UNKNOWN to mankind.

And by golly ... if the blinded people didn't agree~~~~~~~!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Words of John Chrysostom ... Catholic anti-Semite.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min 07 Mustang 7,211
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Nothingfromnothing 982,223
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 5 min Doctor REALITY 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Pres Donald J Tru... 123,369
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Ugly Facts 619,450
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 4 hr Brice N Livingston 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web