Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600008 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549504 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize, I'm starting to doubt your ability to engage in intellectual debate here.
Never ever doubt Robert's ability to be intellectual.

Of course relying on one's intellect is a sin according to the theologians, as faith is the only "suitable" investment.

That is why theologians never used their intellects.

:)
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549505 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perception that's a beautiful piece of music.
Do you suppose that the devil instigated this one???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zeIsxXDyjlcXX
I'm good with you pretending that.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549506 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, hee, hee, soooooo good
:p
Oh my.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#549507 Jul 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry that you don't like me giving out the truth on this Forum. perhaps you prefer star and reggie giving out lies concerning the Word of God as to how people are to be Anointed for Healing.
of course, your words are indicative as to how people will act during the Last Days, they will hate the truth and love the lie(and liars).
you must be a catholic like they are. Never mind, I know who you are.lol.
What is funny is that you think the Bible was originally written in English...in modern day 'Murica.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#549508 Jul 16, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Why would you censor Serephema..
I am surprised at your treatment of Serephema in her grief and deeply disappointed at your attitude.....I really expected a better humanitarian attitude of you...
Are we to understand that Your lack of compassion for Serephema stems from the godless attitude that you have gravitated to..
Do you not know that the way you treated her will return upon you own head
Jesus said
Mat_5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted..
kindness and being civil breaks no mans law.
I was surprised too .Sera stood up when a few,called him names,I won't repeat .

Shame .
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#549509 Jul 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
and HOJO says this is the ONE true church that Christ started.
I would be ashamed to ever say anything as blasphemous as that.
not to mention, being SCARED.
So you would rather attend a church that did not claim that they are the one Christ started?
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#549510 Jul 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly believe you are on your way to a better place then the rest of us simply because in your mind you have convinced yourself to follow a certain path, then live your game. Don't get angry at others who don't have the FEAR that drives you.
42,201 different christian beliefs........ Makes no common sense!
If you are so "comfortable" with your agnostic/atheists (no God, no Jesus Christ , no Church)
"No nothing" beliefs" (or better yet (zero) beliefs" then why don,t you go live your empty life of "nothingness" in your isolation booth and quit bashing our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church ......We as Catholics "must" remain on this Catholic forum in order to defend over 2000 years of the Historically and biblically PROVEN One a True Apostolic Catholic Church against the "verbal abuse" that YOU and your bible only Protestant "bashing comrades" are so famous for...Why don't you go find yourself another "scapegoated " that you can take out your aversion, hatred and hostility against other than Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church or you so " desperate"in your (tunnel vision) anti-catholic vindictiveness that it has corrupted your thinking....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549511 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually studied or become a believer of? Those are very different experiential realities.
You can't define all religions as falling under one package. I know that's the goal of many theologians - and kind of nice to be inclusive - but the simple reality is that most religions are mutually exclusionary.
If your religion is "true," then everyone else's is false. Hence all religions are false.
Although, from an anthropology point of view, religions are cultural systems. The create "ways of experiencing" the world around believers. In that sense, all religions are true.
Hidingfromyou

Studied....But as one studies, one may become at least in part be a believer, if not "won" over.

From an anthropological point of view, one can compare and contrast all religions, no doubt. And for me, they all have appeal in the sense that they are working systems.

I find that traceability in a religion is what makes it exclusionary more than anything else in the modern world, earlier it would probably be more geographical.....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#549512 Jul 16, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny is that you think the Bible was originally written in English...in modern day 'Murica.
Baruch Shem Kivod Malchuto LeOlam Va'ed

Location hidden

#549513 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words "not seen" is what the theologians counted on you buying as universal truth.
It's not by chance that they created the gods as "invisible."
That way their religious teachings could never be DISPROVED.
The Muslim theologians also teach their devotees to have FAITH in what they teach is definitely universal truth.
USE your brain for other things than self-indulgence, and you will see the BROAD picture of how cults work their "magic" in brains to control you in states of FEAR concerning hells and devils.
June

Your rejection of metaphysics is not held by most people.

Believe me, I am well aware of manipulation by humanity concerning fear in this life, and the hereafter. You are trying to convince me of something I know already.

The decision to make a turn, left or right, on an unknown road to you may be only physical, but it may be metaphysical as well. Good luck in finding your destination without map or compass....

Location hidden

#549514 Jul 16, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would rather attend a church that did not claim that they are the one Christ started?
yeah, especially when I read the news and see how often that your [true,lol] church is always having to settle lawsuits because of their satanic clergy.

there is a sin of commission as well as a sin of omission, people like you have latched onto this satanic [true] church of the devil, and that makes you as guilty as those followers of baal.

Location hidden

#549515 Jul 16, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather not be involved in this kind of church, like clay and HOJO go too, in their home state.

A canon lawyer alleging a widespread cover-up of clergy sex misconduct in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has made her most detailed claims yet, accusing archbishops and their top staff of lying to the public and of ignoring the U.S. bishops' pledge to have no tolerance of priests who abuse.

Jennifer Haselberger, who spent five years as Archbishop John Nienstedt's archivist and top adviser on Roman Catholic church law, also charged that the church used a chaotic system of record-keeping that helped conceal the backgrounds of guilty priests who remained on assignment.
http://www.topix.com/religion/catholic/2014/0...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549516 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course relying on one's intellect is a sin according to the theologians, as faith is the only "suitable" investment.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Location hidden

#549517 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical passages mean so much nothing to me. Quote them if they make you happy, but I do not take them for wisdom or evidence.
Anyways, all you did was add a lot of non-sequitur to our discussion. You didn't address my comments in the slightest, but added some historical perspective on educational institutions and larger social transformations in Europe.
Subsequently, you told me I was wrong without actually arguing for or demonstrating your position.
So what? You didn't address what I wrote, you didn't further your argument in the slightest.
I have to conclude you don't have a position worthy of intellectual reasoning. Once again, "faith" is not a priori reasoning - that's nonsense spouted by Christian believers who desperately wish that ignorance and denial of information was worth something.
It's not. It's just the glorification of desperate ignorance.
Hidingfromyou

I used the Biblical quote of faith in Hebrews 11:1 as a definition, not as evidence or wisdom(hupostasis in the Greek), so you are incorrect that I used it as "wisdom or evidence".

Go back and read what I wrote....I did not say that faith is a priori reason, but used a simile, that faith is like a priori reasoning. Basically to further a conversation(As well as the world view on education.) You can reject that as well....

I think you lack some observational skills that make you impartial to what you are reading. And I assumed that English was your first language....Hmmmm We all have our biases and faults.

I am probably the most ignorant, and stupid person on this forum....At least I have been repeatedly told that....Do you think I should believe them?(smiles)

Location hidden

#549518 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you didn't provide an argument for your position. All you did was disagree with Dawkins and then denigrate him poorly (he was wealthy before writing that book and didn't need the fame, his contributions to evolutionary theory advanced biological science tremendously).
I apologize, I'm starting to doubt your ability to engage in intellectual debate here.
Hidingfromyou

I just stated that he was rather pathetic in his attempt to prove reality is meaningless....Its a personal observation. To wit, why does he do anything, if all is meaningless? But as you say, he sure got famous and wealthy by doing it....Its a weakness followers have, to support the vox populi.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549519 Jul 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are so "comfortable" with your agnostic/atheists (no God, no Jesus Christ , no Church)
"No nothing" beliefs" (or better yet (zero) beliefs" then why don,t you go live your empty life of "nothingness" in your isolation booth and quit bashing our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church ......We as Catholics "must" remain on this Catholic forum in order to defend over 2000 years of the Historically and biblically PROVEN One a True Apostolic Catholic Church against the "verbal abuse" that YOU and your bible only Protestant "bashing comrades" are so famous for...Why don't you go find yourself another "scapegoated " that you can take out your aversion, hatred and hostility against other than Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church or you so " desperate"in your (tunnel vision) anti-catholic vindictiveness that it has corrupted your thinking....
IT IS THE VACUUM THAT YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CREATED

( BY ITS FIRST BRAIN WASHING SOULS ..... claiming to be the only church )

PRACTICING SODOMY AND OTHER UNGODLY ACTIONS/SINS THAT WAS

UNACCEPTABLE.....

YET NOT CONDEMNING (COMING OUT AGAINST ) SUCH ACTIONS

THAT HAS DRIVEN MILLIONS INTO THE SAME CONFUSION THAT MICHEL IS .......

THOSE IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH REFUSE TO CONFESS IT'S SINS....AND REPENT...

TURNING MILLIONS INTO HOPELESS ATHEISM.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549520 Jul 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Why would you censor Serephema..
I am surprised at your treatment of Serephema in her grief and deeply disappointed at your attitude.....I really expected a better humanitarian attitude of you...
Are we to un

derstand that Your lack of compassion for Serephema stems from the godless attitude that you have gravitated to..
Do you not know that the way you treated her will return upon you own head
Jesus said
Mat_5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted..
kindness and being civil breaks no mans law.
Confriniting says..........Are we to understand that Your lack of compassion for Serephema stems from the godless attitude that you have gravitated to.

Michael says........Over 6 weeks ago I posted my condolences to her.

Godless attitude you claim! I say balonee. You are no more holy then anyone else.

Maybe you should respond to some of her posts to others that aren't so GODLY!!

Prince George, Canada

#549521 Jul 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
i HAVE BEEN CALLED AND SENT
I don't want your NEGATIVE religious infection anywhere near me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

My father, the hate preacher: Nate Phelps on escaping Westboro Baptist Church

It was five minutes to midnight as Nate Phelps quietly picked his way through the three interconnected rooms where his siblings slept. At the end of the corridor there was the dining room. To the right, a closed door to the church which adjoined the house. There was no sound from the top of the staircase that led to his father’s room. Nate stood there in the darkness, staring at the old red clock in front of him and watched as the minute hand approached 12 and the moment he would turn 18.

He ran as fast as he could, back through the three rooms and out of the door into the night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9913...

Location hidden

#549522 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June

I beg to differ on both accounts. There is to much credible evidence to support that I am not an intellectual of any sort.

And if you would read Fides et Ratio, by John Paul..., a rather great theologian and philosopher in my mind, your statement about using one's intelligence goes out the door.

Even you kind of liked him....

Prince George, Canada

#549523 Jul 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Your rejection of metaphysics is not held by most people.
Is this your latest word-game Robert ... "the (works) after the Physics," ... as in after the physical shits???

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Justice League_ 865,487
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min Your time has come 121,925
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min curtjester1 40,895
Bill Dear was PAID BY O.J. SIMPSON TO 'LIE'!!!! 42 min Doctor REALITY 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 56 min I Am No One_ 445,137
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 272,423
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Grunt56 221,997
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr ChristineM 2,022
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 6 hr Amit1989 464
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sat Frannie 44
More from around the web