Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653905 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549845 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The sinful nature of people make them tend to think of God as vengeful and competitive.
Hi, FEAR MAKES PEOPLE SPEAK ACT LIKE FOOLS, June, IS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549846 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>better odds than a ghost appearing out of know where buzzing around creating planets and stars and stopped one day an said YES! this is it this is the right spot to create a planet of beautiful flora an fona, and let's see lets try a two legged mammal and see how that works! hmmmm somethings wrong here why are these two legged people killing all these people in my name? i did not tell them to kill these people and steal all their possessions! sitting thinking for millions of years, this ghost can't think of anything to stop this carnage. he must of left and went to the other side of the universe and started over and said to hell with these two legged morons who think killing in my name is very holy.
Hi, JETHRO. HOW ARE YOU DOING ??
Michael

Canada

#549847 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"God's day off" lol, I never thought of it that way.
I stopped praying for stuff a while ago.
...Most people pray for stuff. You were taught god has a divine plan for each of us and everything in our lives was pre planned by god.

......god made a plan. Checked it over, said it was a good plan. Put it into operation.

.....Young women getting married pray for sunshine for their wedding day, yet right beside the church, farmers are praying for rain.

..... People pray for all sorts things to happen or change. What's the point in God having a plan for each of us, if all you have to do is pray to screw up gods plan?

....I am grateful for what I have. I have been very fortunate. Hard work, taking the right fork in the road, and a little luck has got me where I am today. If there is a God working behind the scenes, I will take all his help I can get.

...but praying..not for me, however when I was growing up catholic I did pray a lot, so somewhere I must have an account of grace built up somewhere, that could become handy in the future.
Michael

Canada

#549848 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The sinful nature of people make them tend to think of God as vengeful and competitive.
...but I thought we are all sinners.
Michael

Canada

#549849 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> now that dark matter is known to exist, tremendous pressure built up to the point where the big bang "DID" take place and over time planets an stars formed, and judging by the artifacts and drawings from 5 thousand plus years ago depict flying objects, we are not alone..... do you believe we are alone in this vast universe??
I love discussing this stuff.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549850 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I thought evangelical is a world Protestant movement?
...Your claiming your not one of the 42,201 christian sects that Hojo posts about?
SECT, n.[L. Sp. secta; from L. seco, to cut off, to separate.]

1. A body or number of persons united in tenets, chiefly in philosophy or religion, but constituting a distinct party by holding sentiments different from those of other men. Most sects have originated in a particular perlon, who taught and propagated some peculiar notions in philosophy or religion, and who is considered to have been its founder. Among the jews, the principal sects were the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes. In Greece were the Cynic sect, founded by Antisthenes; and the Academic sect, by Plato. The Academic sect gave birth to the Peripatetic, and a Cynic to the Stoic.

You might disagree. with me.... but....by the above definition I am not part of a sect

My religion and philosophy find its origin in the Bible alone...SOLA SCRIPTURE

BY Which I confront YOU and OTHERS

which is

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#549851 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you might be right.
If the pope does not allow access to the Catholic members of the mafia to confess their sins ... that means the pope has overstepped his own religious boundary.
If the confessional is not for sinners ... who IS it for???
If the pope doesn't stop trying to undo the lies of his organization that were put in place as the foundation of the Catholic religion ... he's liable to be wearing cement shoes.
Members of the mafia also believe they are somewhat gods on earth that in turn don't want THEIR egos bruised by any man of the cloth.
As one woman stated to me in no uncertain terms ... "NO ONE COMES BETWEEN ME AND 'MY' GOD!!!"
if they haven't yet, the Vatican will go back to laundering money for them again once the heat is off, and I'm curious as to what the priest with a suitcase full of money was doing with it? it's my understanding that paperwork is suppose to be filed with the world bank, when that much money is being moved, why didn't they do that?? and why are they hiding the money?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549852 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"God's day off" lol, I never thought of it that way.
I stopped praying for stuff a while ago, and now only pray that I might be thankful for what I have. I no longer have anxiety attacks.
I used to pray that I was thankful for what I had, until I thought of the countless people who were starving to death daily and didn't have anything for which to BE thankful ... and also never had "their" prayers answered. it bothered my conscience to BE thankful to such a supposed god.

Bit by bit I quit believe that theologians had EVER received messages from gods.

usa

#549853 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you might be right.
If the pope does not allow access to the Catholic members of the mafia to confess their sins ... that means the pope has overstepped his own religious boundary.
If the confessional is not for sinners ... who IS it for???
If the pope doesn't stop trying to undo the lies of his organization that were put in place as the foundation of the Catholic religion ... he's liable to be wearing cement shoes.
Members of the mafia also believe they are somewhat gods on earth that in turn don't want THEIR egos bruised by any man of the cloth.
As one woman stated to me in no uncertain terms ... "NO ONE COMES BETWEEN ME AND 'MY' GOD!!!"
and i bet she goes to church lmao. i believe it is written " no one comes between man an god except jesus" so that tells me the pope is nothing, nothing but a figure head for a greedy perverted money hungry corporation, disguising themselves as a religious institution.

Prince George, Canada

#549854 Jul 17, 2014
Drawings of supposed flying objects from thousands of years ago does mean that the people actually witnessed anything. It could have all been figmented in their imaginations.

After all ... even today pictures of devils exist that were painted by believers in myths.

No doubt they saw them in imagination ... because that is what they were taught was REAL.

The same might have occurred in the mindsets of the ancients who were taught that sky-gods were REAL. In turn they painted them in a craft of some sort so they could ride through the sky in "comfort" suited for "gods."

I paint water-colors from imagination.

It's easy to fool people ... including the self.

We are very fool-able.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#549855 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...
I agree.

Thanks for posting.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549856 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been studying the "fitting" scriptures about the wrath of the God ... have you?
Don't you LIKE reading those scriptures???
Con knows all about them. You should check with him about the horrors of the loving god and how he will reject the evil souls to hell.
:)
The Bible is clear about who gets the wrath of God and why.

Prince George, Canada

#549857 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> and i bet she goes to church lmao. i believe it is written " no one comes between man an god except jesus" so that tells me the pope is nothing, nothing but a figure head for a greedy perverted money hungry corporation, disguising themselves as a religious institution.
The monotheistic Jews did not believe in sons of gods. The sons of gods were from the polytheist religions.

The Jews that created the one monotheistic god wrote in their literature that they were the gods chosen few. They didn't need or want any more sons of gods in their religion.

It was the Catholics that created another savior-son of a god myth to start their new religion.

Without a savior-myth, they would have no religion.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549858 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>better odds than a ghost appearing out of know where buzzing around creating planets and stars and stopped one day an said YES! this is it this is the right spot to create a planet of beautiful flora an fona, and let's see lets try a two legged mammal and see how that works! hmmmm somethings wrong here why are these two legged people killing all these people in my name? i did not tell them to kill these people and steal all their possessions! sitting thinking for millions of years, this ghost can't think of anything to stop this carnage. he must of left and went to the other side of the universe and started over and said to hell with these two legged morons who think killing in my name is very holy.
How comical. Do you really think that's how it happened?

Prince George, Canada

#549859 Jul 17, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, FEAR MAKES PEOPLE SPEAK ACT LIKE FOOLS, June, IS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE.
Yet YOU are the one who is willing and LUSTING to believe that most of the world's humans are destined for Hell ... because they don't believe as you and Jesus and God believe.

Now THERE is a trinity for you to digest.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549860 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> now that dark matter is known to exist, tremendous pressure built up to the point where the big bang "DID" take place and over time planets an stars formed, and judging by the artifacts and drawings from 5 thousand plus years ago depict flying objects, we are not alone..... do you believe we are alone in this vast universe??
Sure, the big *BANG* happened, I have no problem with that.
No, I don't believe we are alone in this universe. We are surrounded by all kinds of spiritual beings.

Prince George, Canada

#549861 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is clear about who gets the wrath of God and why.
But since you believe that you are destined to heaven and others deserve hell ... what does your bible teach you about such VANITY???

I suggest you presume too much.

Be careful of those panic attacks. You might not be able to fool your conscience into digesting the slop that you are determined to force-feed it.

usa

#549862 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There might be every bit as much universal truth in the idea that there is no creator, as that a creator does exist.
I don't know either way ... but I don't like being bullied by those who are certain that they do know ... just because they are in a religion.
i understand i had to listen to it an bite my tongue when around my ex g/f's parents, you couldn't get through a conversation without him bringing god into it somehow, he was a very negative man, anything we told him/them what we were going to do like go somewhere ETC. he always always said would say oh you shouldn't do that, that's to dangerous, one time it was going to the zoo, where they have a large fenced in area with all types of deer that you could hand feed an so on, he would have a fit, saying we were nuts for doing that, then as we leave we'd get i'll be praying all day for you two so you don't get killed. you are happy being in the religion you are with that's fine, but don't push it on me, don't tell me a ghost created us an the world because you nor I can prove EXACTLY how we got here and how everything was created, to my way of thinking, i believe in " the big bang". evolution makes more sense than a ghost who just appears out of nothing and starts creating things. i'm going to gather some dust put it in a jar an see if it turns into a boy or a girl.

usa

#549863 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof would it take for you to believe?
Jesus would have to appear before me and tell me that the catholic religion is my true religion and then he would have to change into his father since both are one, but how much do they look alike?

usa

#549865 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember your sign in either from here or the thousands protest thread..glad you are holding your own. Thank God
you probably saw me here before, i haven't been here in a few years, god or not i'm doing my best to stay alive, i need to get back into my exercise routine which i had to stop for awhile an rest, eat and build myself up and get back to walking a few miles a day take care of my goose, my yard needs work, haven't been able to do much so i have enough to keep me busy for awhile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Steve III 45,233
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Buck Crick 63,739
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 31 min Paul and the twins 445,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min onemale 281,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 973,750
Gift Suggestion for a God Daughter? (Mar '15) 2 hr EstherMoore 2
herbal incense and legal buds for sale (Aug '11) 2 hr lee 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web